Hello There, Guest! (LoginRegister)

A man-caused healthcare disaster
MileHighBronco Offline
Legend

I Root For: Broncos
A man-caused healthcare disaster
Well, I can see why most media are silent on this. I'll let Michelle Malkin explain, as she is more concise.

Quote:Late last month, the Service Employees International Union informed dues-paying members of its behemoth 1199 affiliate in New York that it was dropping its health care coverage for children. That’s right. A radical leftist union, not an evil Republican corporation, is abandoning the young ‘uns to cut costs.

But, WHY? What could cause this union, which campaigned heavily for not only Obama but for Obamacare, to drop the coverage?

Quote:SEIU 1199 benefits manager Mitra Behroozi singled out oppressive new state and federal regulations, including the much-ballyhooed Obamacare rule forcing insurers to cover dependents well into their 20s:

…(N)ew federal health-care reform legislation requires plans with dependent coverage to expand that coverage up to age 26,” Behroozi explained in an Oct. 22 letter to members. “Our limited resources are already stretched as far as possible, and meeting this new requirement would be financially impossible.

In a related development, over the past several months several insurers across California, Colorado, Ohio and Missouri have dropped child-only plans because of Obamacare-induced premium increases. Untold tens of thousands of families who purchase their plans in the private individual health market will be affected.

So, this was sold to us on a lie? Or was it once again a great idea executed poorly? Or the law of unintended consequences has once again reared its' ugly head?

Quote:The SEIU also pumped tens of millions of dollars in union funds directly into the campaign for Obamacare. Workers regurgitated White House talking points hyping increased access, lower premiums and peace of mind for the working class. SEIU 1199 — which is now cutting off health care coverage to children whose parents work in the health care industry of all industries — was at the forefront of those D.C.-directed “reform” rallies. The same militant leaders of SEIU 1199 sent hordes of their workers on buses to an anti-tea party rally convened by Comedy Central clowns in October, while their benefits and pension funds eroded.

Yes, the union road to hell is paved with workers’ own hard-earned dues money. All hail progressivism!

Lovely - the workers are coerced by their union to campaign for something that will end up hurting them and their families.

The Littlest Victims of Obamacare
09-06-2012 04:39 PM
Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
Advertisement

DrTorch Offline
Proved mach and GTS to be liars

I Root For: ASU, BGSU
CrappiesDonatorsBalance of Power Contest
RE: A man-caused healthcare disaster
Not a surprise. But it will be spun that this is the GOP's fault.
09-06-2012 04:40 PM
smn1256 Offline
I miss Tripster

I Root For: Lower taxes
Max? Tom? Rob? Want to tell us what's really happening?
09-06-2012 04:41 PM
MileHighBronco Offline
Legend

I Root For: Broncos
Tom is the "interpreter" while Max is the "spinner" and poor Rob is just the useful idiot.

But I would be interested in hearing their take on this.
09-06-2012 04:43 PM
Advertisement

SumOfAllFears Offline
Grim Reaper of Misguided Liberal Souls

I Root For: America
As Obama delivers a waiver.
09-06-2012 05:45 PM
smn1256 Offline
I miss Tripster

I Root For: Lower taxes
(09-06-2012 05:45 PM)SumOfAllFears Wrote:  As Obama delivers a waiver.

Can Obama waive a tax?
09-06-2012 06:53 PM
SumOfAllFears Offline
Grim Reaper of Misguided Liberal Souls

I Root For: America
Yes we can. Obama can pick and choose what laws he is willing to enforce.
09-06-2012 06:59 PM

User(s) browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)

Copyright © 2002-2024 Collegiate Sports Nation Bulletin Board System (CSNbbs), All Rights Reserved.
CSNbbs is an independent fan site and is in no way affiliated to the NCAA or any of the schools and conferences it represents.
This site monetizes links. FTC Disclosure.
We allow third-party companies to serve ads and/or collect certain anonymous information when you visit our web site. These companies may use non-personally identifiable information (e.g., click stream information, browser type, time and date, subject of advertisements clicked or scrolled over) during your visits to this and other Web sites in order to provide advertisements about goods and services likely to be of greater interest to you. These companies typically use a cookie or third party web beacon to collect this information. To learn more about this behavioral advertising practice or to opt-out of this type of advertising, you can visit http://www.networkadvertising.org.