Hello There, Guest! (LoginRegister)

Fact check: jobs created "under" Obama
DrTorch Offline
Proved mach and GTS to be liars

I Root For: ASU, BGSU
CrappiesDonatorsBalance of Power Contest
Fact check: jobs created "under" Obama
http://news.yahoo.com/blogs/ticket/fact-...ontainer-b

Haha, even the Yahoo PR machine couldn't accept that nonsense. Poor rwt and max, still sipping the flavor aid... or they're just stupid.
09-05-2012 06:39 PM
Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
Advertisement

smn1256 Offline
I miss Tripster

I Root For: Lower taxes
RE: Fact check: jobs created "under" Obama
As I argued in another thread, I don't know how Obama could create 4.5 million jobs yet food stamps double or triple or whatever it was.
09-05-2012 06:50 PM
DrTorch Offline

(09-05-2012 06:50 PM)smn1256 Wrote:  As I argued in another thread, I don't know how Obama could create 4.5 million jobs yet food stamps double or triple or whatever it was.

Progressives have no connection w/ logic.
09-05-2012 06:54 PM
THE NC Herd Fan Offline
Hall of Famer

I Root For: Marshall
Fact the 4.5million new jobs did not replace the jobs lost during the recession. Fact the 4.5million jobs is barely enough to keep pace with population growth so really the jobs created did little to bring down unemployment. Fact the 4.5million jobs created on average paid below the average median income thus the drop in median household income, nearly 10%.
09-05-2012 06:58 PM
Ole Blue Offline
Hall of Famer

I Root For: The Good Guys
When Obama took office, jobs were still being lost. That trend continued, and the "4.5 million" figure is how many jobs have been added since jobs started to be created again. The actual total jobs created under Obama is actually - from Day 1 to now - about 1 million IIRC. Increases, nonetheless, you must admit.
09-05-2012 07:36 PM
Advertisement

THE NC Herd Fan Offline
Hall of Famer

I Root For: Marshall
(09-05-2012 07:36 PM)mtsufan561 Wrote:  When Obama took office, jobs were still being lost. That trend continued, and the "4.5 million" figure is how many jobs have been added since jobs started to be created again. The actual total jobs created under Obama is actually - from Day 1 to now - about 1 million IIRC. Increases, nonetheless, you must admit.

What about the Quality of the added jobs? If median househould income dropped nearly 10% doesn't that mean the jobs being added are of a LOWER QUALITY than the jobs lost?
09-05-2012 07:43 PM
DrTorch Offline

(09-05-2012 07:36 PM)mtsufan561 Wrote:  When Obama took office, jobs were still being lost. That trend continued, and the "4.5 million" figure is how many jobs have been added since jobs started to be created again. The actual total jobs created under Obama is actually - from Day 1 to now - about 1 million IIRC. Increases, nonetheless, you must admit.

No, I mustn't admit. But you could actually read the article.

Quote:However, CNN fact-checked that claim and found it to be "not the whole picture." Instead, CNN found that there has been a net increase of just 300,000 nonfarm payroll jobs since Obama took office. And if you count government jobs, there are actually 400,000 fewer people working today than in January 2009.

CNN concludes: "The figure of 4.5 million jobs is accurate if you look at the most favorable period and category for the administration. But overall, there are still fewer people working now than when Obama took office at the height of the recession."
(This post was last modified: 09-05-2012 07:55 PM by DrTorch.)
09-05-2012 07:52 PM
Ole Blue Offline
Hall of Famer

(09-05-2012 07:52 PM)DrTorch Wrote:  

Quote:However, CNN fact-checked that claim and found it to be "not the whole picture." Instead, CNN found that there has been a net increase of just 300,000 nonfarm payroll jobs since Obama took office. And if you count government jobs, there are actually 400,000 fewer people working today than in January 2009.

CNN concludes: "The figure of 4.5 million jobs is accurate if you look at the most favorable period and category for the administration. But overall, there are still fewer people working now than when Obama took office at the height of the recession."

Or... YOU could! lol, "total" jobs means "total". The quote you provided stated that it left things out... 03-lmfao

And you said "No, I mustn't admit." to me saying "increases, you must admit" and the quote you provided says "there has been a net increase" and then telling ME to read it. Come on. Really? I am seriously laughing right now. lol 03-nutkick

It's not like this discussion really means anything though. In all seriousness there have been jobs added since Obama took over. Which is a hell of a lot better than not having any added at all! Right?
(This post was last modified: 09-05-2012 08:35 PM by Ole Blue.)
09-05-2012 08:34 PM
DrTorch Offline

(09-05-2012 08:34 PM)mtsufan561 Wrote:  
(09-05-2012 07:52 PM)DrTorch Wrote:  

Or... YOU could! lol, "total" jobs means "total". The quote you provided stated that it left things out...

Actually it added things in.

If you think it's meaningful that a guy gets laid off at the BP station, then gets a job at the Exxon station, then more power to you...but it's stupid.

Quote:And you said "No, I mustn't admit." to me saying "increases, you must admit" and the quote you provided says "there has been a net increase" and then telling ME to read it. Come on. Really? I am seriously laughing right now. lol 03-nutkick

Fools do that

"And if you count government jobs, there are actually 400,000 fewer people working today than in January 2009."
(This post was last modified: 09-05-2012 08:48 PM by DrTorch.)
09-05-2012 08:48 PM
Advertisement

Ole Blue Offline
Hall of Famer

(09-05-2012 08:48 PM)DrTorch Wrote:  Actually it added things in.

If you think it's meaningful that a guy gets laid off at the BP station, then gets a job at the Exxon station, then more power to you...but it's stupid.

Quote:And you said "No, I mustn't admit." to me saying "increases, you must admit" and the quote you provided says "there has been a net increase" and then telling ME to read it. Come on. Really? I am seriously laughing right now. lol 03-nutkick

Fools do that

"And if you count government jobs, there are actually 400,000 fewer people working today than in January 2009."

Oh, man... lol. Well, the overall trend has been job growth albeit slow. You'll debate that I'm sure, but whatever. We're all on the same team here - America's team. We all want a better economy, and we all want America to be the strongest country in the world. Even though we might squabble and whatnot, that's the goal - getting us to where we need to be. That's what's important, and that's why I say that this type of thing is crucial, even though I may think you're being a silly dumbo and you probably would say the same about me (probably not using those words though). It's about America's future, and who wants us to fail? Surely not me, and I'd venture a guess you wouldn't either.
09-05-2012 08:53 PM
SumOfAllFears Offline
Grim Reaper of Misguided Liberal Souls

I Root For: America
Don't forget abt all those "green" jobs. Oops, I forgot each one of those temporary jobs cost the taxpayer $300,000 each. Pesky that way
09-05-2012 08:55 PM
smn1256 Offline
I miss Tripster

I Root For: Lower taxes
(09-05-2012 08:55 PM)SumOfAllFears Wrote:  Don't forget abt all those "green" jobs. Oops, I forgot each one of those temporary jobs cost the taxpayer $300,000 each. Pesky that way

No big deal for the half of the country that pays no taxes.
09-05-2012 08:58 PM
DaSaintFan Offline
Dum' Sutherner in Midwest!

I Root For: Southern Miss
(09-05-2012 07:43 PM)THE NC Herd Fan Wrote:  

What about the Quality of the added jobs? If median househould income dropped nearly 10% doesn't that mean the jobs being added are of a LOWER QUALITY than the jobs lost?

To me, as an individual, "quality" doesn't matter, NCHerd.. as I wrote earlier, if I have to take a minimum wage burger-flipping job or get unemployment.. I'll take the burger flipping job.

Now in terms of stabilizing the economy, then yes, the quality of the jobs does matter.
09-05-2012 10:44 PM
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
Advertisement

DaSaintFan Offline
Dum' Sutherner in Midwest!

I Root For: Southern Miss
(09-05-2012 08:34 PM)mtsufan561 Wrote:  Or... YOU could! lol, "total" jobs means "total". The quote you provided stated that it left things out... 03-lmfao

Disagree, MTSU... there is a MAJOR difference between Private sector job and govt. jobs.

Quote:It's not like this discussion really means anything though. In all seriousness there have been jobs added since Obama took over. Which is a hell of a lot better than not having any added at all! Right?

Again... per the article you guys are using:

Quote:But overall, there are still fewer people working now than when Obama took office at the height of the recession."

If CNN is stating this, and if true.. then no, your claim of "Jobs added" doesn't work. You cannot ignore that line of the article..
(This post was last modified: 09-05-2012 10:48 PM by DaSaintFan.)
09-05-2012 10:47 PM
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
GrayBeard Offline
Whiny Troll

I Root For: My Kids & ECU

Crappies
(09-05-2012 08:55 PM)SumOfAllFears Wrote:  Don't forget abt all those "green" jobs. Oops, I forgot each one of those temporary jobs cost the taxpayer $300,000 each. Pesky that way

I have to drive by the beautiful Solyndra facility this weekend. Maybe I will stop in to check out our stimulus at work.
09-06-2012 12:20 AM
RaiderATO Offline
Puddin' Stick

I Root For: MiddleTennessee
(09-05-2012 08:53 PM)mtsufan561 Wrote:  We're all on the same team here - America's team.

Should have sent that do the DNC last week. It's much better than "We all belong to the govt.!!"

(However the Cowboys and Braves might have some beef with it)
09-06-2012 01:56 AM
Rebel
Unregistered

CrappiesNew Orleans Bowl
(09-05-2012 08:53 PM)mtsufan561 Wrote:  We're all on the same team here - America's team. We all want a better economy, and we all want America to be the strongest country in the world.

I assure you, we are NOT on the same team. If you're voting for Obama again, who spent 5.4 trillion dollars in 4 years only to see record food stamp numbers, a rise in unemployment, 3 straight years of a 1 trillion+ dollar deficit, bailouts, crony capitalism AKA fascism, shady loans to "green" companies that went bankrupt, a 16 trillion dollar debt, and a credit downgrade, we are NOT on the same team.
09-06-2012 09:05 AM
Quote this message in a reply
Owl 69/70/75 Offline
Just an old rugby coach

I Root For: RiceBathChelsea

DonatorsNew Orleans Bowl
(09-05-2012 07:36 PM)mtsufan561 Wrote:  When Obama took office, jobs were still being lost. That trend continued, and the "4.5 million" figure is how many jobs have been added since jobs started to be created again.

You are of course aware that if you count that way for Bush, the number is a lot bigger than 4.5 million.
09-06-2012 09:16 AM

User(s) browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)

Copyright © 2002-2024 Collegiate Sports Nation Bulletin Board System (CSNbbs), All Rights Reserved.
CSNbbs is an independent fan site and is in no way affiliated to the NCAA or any of the schools and conferences it represents.
This site monetizes links. FTC Disclosure.
We allow third-party companies to serve ads and/or collect certain anonymous information when you visit our web site. These companies may use non-personally identifiable information (e.g., click stream information, browser type, time and date, subject of advertisements clicked or scrolled over) during your visits to this and other Web sites in order to provide advertisements about goods and services likely to be of greater interest to you. These companies typically use a cookie or third party web beacon to collect this information. To learn more about this behavioral advertising practice or to opt-out of this type of advertising, you can visit http://www.networkadvertising.org.