Hello There, Guest! (LoginRegister)

Most important game of the season
Bookmark and Share
randaddyminer Offline
Banned

I Root For: UTEP miners
Most important game of the season
I know many think the ECU game is the most important, but with last weeks performance, a good follow up showing on the road would do wonders and by that I mean a win. We need a win on the road against Ole Miss
09-05-2012 12:45 PM
Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
Advertisement

DFWMINER Offline
1st String

I Root For:
Crappies
RE: Most important game of the season
I agree. A win on the road against an SEC team would do wonders.

I am of the opinion your next game is always your most important one.
09-05-2012 12:58 PM
Fitbud Offline
Banned

I Root For: PAC 12
At this point in the season, I think New Mexico St. is the most important game of the season. Everyone expects UTEP to lose to Ole Miss and Wisconsin.

However, if they lose to New Mexico St., then they will be 0-4 and likely have no chance of making a bowl game.

The most important games aren't the one's you are expected to lose but rather the one's you should win.
09-05-2012 01:21 PM
Advertisement

RUNVSFD MINER Offline
The voice in your head...See?

I Root For: UTEP
(09-05-2012 12:58 PM)DFWMINER Wrote:  I agree. A win on the road against an SEC team would do wonders.

I am of the opinion your next game is always your most important one.

Agree. Even if they do suck....

It's time this Miner team makes someone else their little b--ch (other than NMSU)
(This post was last modified: 09-05-2012 11:52 PM by RUNVSFD MINER.)
09-05-2012 11:52 PM
Fitbud Offline
Banned

By saying that their next game is the most important game of the season, you are in effect saying that if they don't win this game, they have no chance of going to a bowl game.

I don't think anyone really believes that. However, if they lose to New Mexico, I doubt anyone would still hold out hopes that they make a bowl game after going 0-4
09-06-2012 12:54 PM
Advertisement

mistabinks Offline
Glory Road Resident

I Root For: UTEP Miners
The next game for me is the most important. The next game is not make or break for the season however.
09-06-2012 03:45 PM
RUNVSFD MINER Offline
The voice in your head...See?

I Root For: UTEP
I see the point Mista made in another thread....
"If you say this, then you are saying that..."
09-06-2012 08:36 PM
Advertisement

Fitbud Offline
Banned

(09-06-2012 03:45 PM)mistabinks Wrote:  The next game for me is the most important. The next game is not make or break for the season however.

I'm glad you qualified that. As a fan, I could see how this game is the most important for them.

After the showing they had against OU, I'm sure a lot of fans are going to make a decision on whether this team is legit or not based on this game.

Normally I would agree. However, this forum guilted me into buying season tickets so my whole perspective has changed.
(This post was last modified: 09-07-2012 12:56 PM by Fitbud.)
09-07-2012 12:55 PM
MinerInWisconsin Offline
Hall of Famer

I Root For: UTEP, of course
Ok, now the NMSU game is the most important game of the season. For one reason it is the next game. For another it's our oldest and most hated rival. And lastly because we may need this one to get to 6 wins and bowl eligibility. Damn I hope we win this one big.
09-11-2012 01:27 PM
Fitbud Offline
Banned

IMHO this is the game that makes or breaks the Miner season for it's fans and Mike Price. Win this game and the Miners may still do well in conference and get to a bowl.

Lose this one and the Miners will likely have another lack luster season and Mike Price will have to step down or get fired.
09-11-2012 03:15 PM

User(s) browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)

Copyright © 2002-2024 Collegiate Sports Nation Bulletin Board System (CSNbbs), All Rights Reserved.
CSNbbs is an independent fan site and is in no way affiliated to the NCAA or any of the schools and conferences it represents.
This site monetizes links. FTC Disclosure.
We allow third-party companies to serve ads and/or collect certain anonymous information when you visit our web site. These companies may use non-personally identifiable information (e.g., click stream information, browser type, time and date, subject of advertisements clicked or scrolled over) during your visits to this and other Web sites in order to provide advertisements about goods and services likely to be of greater interest to you. These companies typically use a cookie or third party web beacon to collect this information. To learn more about this behavioral advertising practice or to opt-out of this type of advertising, you can visit http://www.networkadvertising.org.