Game #2 - UVA-WISE - W 10-0 (1-1)
Bookmark and Share
OrangeCamel Offline

I Root For: Campbell
Exclamation Game #2 - UVA-WISE - W 10-0 (1-1)
The NAIA Cavs lost last week at home vs another NAIA school, Faulkner (Ala.), 43-10. Last year, Wise finished 5-6.

Mix the increased focus this week (as a result of the shame of last week) and the home field advantage, and I predict CU by 13.
(This post was last modified: 09-08-2012 10:32 PM by OrangeCamel.)
09-04-2012 09:23 AM
Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
Advertisement

wacamel Offline
Water Engineer

I Root For: Campbell U.
RE: Game #2 - UVA-WISE
No first game jitters this week. Bigs must win up front on both sides of the ball.

Campbell really needs to win this game.

I believe they will.

CU-35
Wise-21
09-04-2012 08:32 PM
camelfan Offline
Special Teams

We have to win this weekend. If we don't who else do we beat?
09-05-2012 08:04 AM
OrangeCamel Offline

(09-05-2012 08:04 AM)camelfan Wrote:  We have to win this weekend. If we don't who else do we beat?

Taking into account Week 1's results across the league, I don't see us winning anywhere on the road this year. Hope for wins vs Wise, Davidson, and Valpo to go 3-8.

On the other hand, we should see some improvement between Week 1 and Week 2. Hope we're more optimistic after Saturday.

Back to last week, wacamel mentioned "jitters". Or, was it overconfidence or lack of focus?
09-05-2012 09:08 AM
wacamel Offline
Water Engineer

OC,

I completely agree with your assessment of this years team. My concern now is that we had three weeks to prepare for the Shorter wishbone and only one week to prepare for Wise. Even with the talented and experienced squad we had two years ago, they were able to give us a good game.

I know it's early in the season, but everyone on this thread agrees unanimously to one thing: CU must win this game.
09-05-2012 09:29 AM
Advertisement

wacamel Offline
Water Engineer

Good win tonight, especially with the injuries that have depleted our ranks. Defense played lights out. Braden Smith is the toughest man I know, a true leader, and should be considered as a legitimate early candidate for POY in PFL.

Congratulations Camels!
09-08-2012 08:17 PM
RedCamel Offline
Water Engineer

RE: Game #2 - UVA-WISE - W 10-0 (1-1)
Good win tonight. The defense played great. The offensive line still needs a lot of work. We do not have any sort of running game and for most of the first half Smith was trying to pass with at least one defensive player in the backfield. I do feel you will see a big improvement in line play from now to the end of the season.
09-08-2012 10:50 PM
camelfan Offline
Special Teams

Glad we won. Only 10 points against an NAIA school at home is not going to get the job done versus most teams. Another NAIA school scored 43 on them.

Braden is tough and a good player. He better be even tougher with the offensive line he has. If NAIA and DIV II defensive lines are in the backfield what is going to happen at ODU this week?

We can't run or pass block. It is gonna be ugly this year. Glad defense has played well. That is a change. They have kept us in the last two games.
09-10-2012 12:21 PM
fightingcamel2594 Offline
Water Engineer

(09-10-2012 12:21 PM)camelfan Wrote:  Glad we won. Only 10 points against an NAIA school at home is not going to get the job done versus most teams. Another NAIA school scored 43 on them.

Braden is tough and a good player. He better be even tougher with the offensive line he has. If NAIA and DIV II defensive lines are in the backfield what is going to happen at ODU this week?

We can't run or pass block. It is gonna be ugly this year. Glad defense has played well. That is a change. They have kept us in the last two games.

Word is that Braden was injured (broken jaw) on that late hit on Saturday and may be out the remainder of the season.

Either way, ODU is going to be tough considering they're #5 in FCS. Hopefully, we can get the run game going and continue to play tough defense to give us a chance.
09-11-2012 03:43 PM

User(s) browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)

Geo Visitors Map
Copyright © 2002-2024 Collegiate Sports Nation Bulletin Board System (CSNbbs), All Rights Reserved
CSNbbs is an independent fan site and is in no way affiliated to the NCAA or any of the schools and conferences it represents.
This site monetizes links. FTC Disclosure.