Hello There, Guest! (LoginRegister)

Memphis football plays today
anothertigerfan Offline
Hall of Famer

I Root For: T.I.G.E.R.S
Memphis football plays today
Don't laugh, seriously. Today begins a new era for our program. We have put serious funding into improving the facilities and turning things back around. The excitement around town today is apparent and contagious. With already over 22k season tickets sold and many single session tickets sold I predict a very good crowd at the game and a Tigers win! I plan on taking plenty of pictures so I can share them later.

09-01-2012 01:04 PM
Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
Advertisement

pzz189 Offline
Special Teams

I Root For: Temple
RE: Memphis football plays today
Who are y'all playing and is it on TV or ESPN3? Rooting hard for all NBE teams today 04-cheers
09-01-2012 01:17 PM
anothertigerfan Offline
Hall of Famer

I Root For: T.I.G.E.R.S
We're playing UT-Martin. Not on TV, unfortunately.
09-01-2012 01:20 PM
Ring of Black Offline
Official Person to Blame

I Root For: Cincy Bearcats
Memphis is to be congratulated on its enthusiasm. They had one of probably the worst five teams last year, and the season tix are going like hotcakes.

Meantime, after winning a share of the BE, we're stuck at about 12K (basically even with last year).
09-01-2012 01:31 PM
TOGC Offline
Resident genius

I Root For: Memphis
(09-01-2012 01:31 PM)BJUnklFkr Wrote:  Memphis is to be congratulated on its enthusiasm. They had one of probably the worst five teams last year, and the season tix are going like hotcakes.

Meantime, after winning a share of the BE, we're stuck at about 12K (basically even with last year).

Memphis has reportedly sold 22K season tickets. Considering that we only averaged 17K at home last year and went 2-10, that is one heck of an improvement. If it doesn't rain, we should get a pretty good walk-up crowd today.

I'll be at the game cheering on the Tigers!
09-01-2012 01:47 PM
Advertisement

72Tiger Offline
Up your nose with a rubber hose

I Root For: Larry
DonatorsDonatorsDonators
Re: Memphis football plays today
We have a very young team. Not expecting wonders on the field, but hopefully we will move in the right direction.
09-01-2012 02:04 PM
KingFu Offline
Banned

I Root For: U of Memphis
It's going to take a couple of years at least to turn the program around. There's talent on this year's team, just a lot of holes to fill on both sides of the ball. Jacob Karam has the potential to be a great QB for the Tigers, as does FR Paxton Lynch. Our receiving core is deep, maybe our deepest position on the roster.

I think once Fuente gets to the Big East and can draw in support as he's doing so far, the better recruits will follow.
09-01-2012 02:08 PM
Shasta77 Offline
Bench Warmer

I Root For: Houston
(09-01-2012 01:31 PM)BJUnklFkr Wrote:  Memphis is to be congratulated on its enthusiasm. They had one of probably the worst five teams last year, and the season tix are going like hotcakes.

Absolutely. Great job on getting season tix up. Hopefully Memphis will be decent and keep 'em coming back. UH's goal is 15k season tix. I don't know the exact number, but I think we're very close to that and will either hit it or just come up maybe a hundred or two short. The game today against FCS Texas State is reportedly sold out, which is a huge leap from where UH was a decade ago. We would have had 20k or so for an FCS opponent in those days.
09-01-2012 03:30 PM
TOGC Offline
Resident genius

(09-01-2012 02:08 PM)KingFu Wrote:  It's going to take a couple of years at least to turn the program around. There's talent on this year's team, just a lot of holes to fill on both sides of the ball. Jacob Karam has the potential to be a great QB for the Tigers, as does FR Paxton Lynch. Our receiving core is deep, maybe our deepest position on the roster.

I think once Fuente gets to the Big East and can draw in support as he's doing so far, the better recruits will follow.

I'd just like to see us have one QB start for the entire season. With injuries and inconsistent play, we've had a QB by committee the last few years. Seeing one single starting QB for the entire season would be a step in the right direction.
09-01-2012 03:44 PM
Advertisement

TripleA Offline
Legend

I Root For: Memphis Tigers

Memphis Hall of Fame
Memphis reportedly has sold 36K tickets for today's game, even before walkups. The rain from Isaac might put a big damper on that, but it's pretty encouraging, considering our past 3 seasons, and the fact we're playing UT-Martin.
09-01-2012 03:45 PM
KnightLight Offline
Legend

I Root For: UCF
Memphis did a great promo with AutoZone...who bought thousands of tix...and then is reselling them for just $5 at all their stores.

Empty seat never bought a hotdog...$20 for a family of 4....at that price, probably good chance they would come back...win, lose or draw. (cheaper than going to see a BAD movie).
09-01-2012 03:51 PM
TripleA Offline
Legend

Memphis Hall of Fame
(09-01-2012 03:51 PM)KnightLight Wrote:  Memphis did a great promo with AutoZone...who bought thousands of tix...and then is reselling them for just $5 at all their stores.

Empty seat never bought a hotdog...$20 for a family of 4....at that price, probably good chance they would come back...win, lose or draw. (cheaper than going to see a BAD movie).
I don't know about thousands, I think AutoZone bought 1200, according to somebody on the Memphis board, but I don't know myself.
09-01-2012 03:55 PM
TOGC Offline
Resident genius

(09-01-2012 03:45 PM)TripleA Wrote:  Memphis reportedly has sold 36K tickets for today's game, even before walkups. The rain from Isaac might put a big damper on that, but it's pretty encouraging, considering our past 3 seasons, and the fact we're playing UT-Martin.

I'm over in Bartlett getting ready to leave and it's bright and sunny here. The forecast for the game is 88 degrees, humidity at 64%, partly cloudy, with only a 10% chance of rain.

Perfect football weather.
09-01-2012 03:55 PM
Advertisement

TripleA Offline
Legend

Memphis Hall of Fame
(09-01-2012 03:55 PM)TOGC Wrote:  
(09-01-2012 03:45 PM)TripleA Wrote:  Memphis reportedly has sold 36K tickets for today's game, even before walkups. The rain from Isaac might put a big damper on that, but it's pretty encouraging, considering our past 3 seasons, and the fact we're playing UT-Martin.

I'm over in Bartlett getting ready to leave and it's bright and sunny here. The forecast for the game is 88 degrees, humidity at 64%, partly cloudy, with only a 10% chance of rain.

That's great. I'm excited just to watch it online tonight. Btw, you need to look up TG at the game. 03-lmfao
09-01-2012 03:57 PM
TOGC Offline
Resident genius

(09-01-2012 03:57 PM)TripleA Wrote:  
(09-01-2012 03:55 PM)TOGC Wrote:  

That's great. I'm excited just to watch it online tonight. Btw, you need to look up TG at the game. 03-lmfao

I'll just look for the guy with the MTSU gear.
09-01-2012 04:00 PM
Psicosis Offline
Remain in Light

Crappies
I'm sitting here a thousand miles away waiting anxiously for this game to start. I can't believe, after the depression-inducing seasons we've endured and the myriad blown leads of last year, how excited I am. This won't be an easy season, but if we can win 3 or 4 games and our players begin to look like they understand how to play football the fan base is going to be amped for Big East play next year.

All we need is a vaguely respectable team and the Tigers will be among the league leaders in fan support.
(This post was last modified: 09-01-2012 04:06 PM by Psicosis.)
09-01-2012 04:06 PM
aTxTIGER Offline
Carrot Dude Gave Me 10% Warning

I Root For: Fire Jose!!!!!

Donators
(09-01-2012 04:06 PM)Psicosis Wrote:  I'm sitting here a thousand miles away waiting anxiously for this game to start. I can't believe, after the depression-inducing seasons we've endured and the myriad blown leads of last year, how excited I am. This won't be an easy season, but if we can win 3 or 4 games and our players begin to look like they understand how to play football the fan base is going to be amped for Big East play next year.

All we need is a vaguely respectable team and the Tigers will be among the league leaders in fan support.

I hate to break it to you but there is no Santa after all.
09-02-2012 09:53 AM
LaBradfordsTWill Offline
Special Teams

I Root For: Louisville
Don't worry. Memphis wasn't brought into the league for football. You guys will still play the role assigned to you in hoops very well. :)
09-02-2012 10:17 AM
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply

User(s) browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)

Copyright © 2002-2024 Collegiate Sports Nation Bulletin Board System (CSNbbs), All Rights Reserved.
CSNbbs is an independent fan site and is in no way affiliated to the NCAA or any of the schools and conferences it represents.
This site monetizes links. FTC Disclosure.
We allow third-party companies to serve ads and/or collect certain anonymous information when you visit our web site. These companies may use non-personally identifiable information (e.g., click stream information, browser type, time and date, subject of advertisements clicked or scrolled over) during your visits to this and other Web sites in order to provide advertisements about goods and services likely to be of greater interest to you. These companies typically use a cookie or third party web beacon to collect this information. To learn more about this behavioral advertising practice or to opt-out of this type of advertising, you can visit http://www.networkadvertising.org.