Another (write in a post who and why)
[Show Results]

History behind NIU Rivalries
Bookmark and Share
4PhaseDelta Offline
Special Teams

I Root For: NIU
History behind NIU Rivalries
Now I know and can feel the hate between us and Toledo, but I don't understand us and Ball State. Whenever we play Ball State, it's usually a victory and it's never a game full of hatred. What's the history between NIU and Ball that makes us rivals... and if we have anymore who are they cause I know Toledo and Ball for sure, wouldn't mind getting something going between us and Kansas or Arkansas State since we used to play them back in the day and I'm sure they want revenge for that bowl game loss.
(This post was last modified: 08-31-2012 03:34 AM by 4PhaseDelta.)
08-31-2012 03:30 AM
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
Advertisement

nnhsniuhuskies37 Offline
Banned

I Root For: NIU & Cubbies
RE: History behind NIU Rivalries
U of I, no explanation needed
08-31-2012 05:56 AM
Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
Big_Man Offline
Destroyer

I Root For: Chicago
Hawaii.
08-31-2012 06:50 AM
beachboy Offline
1st String

I Root For: huskies
Delta, a rivalry built up when I was in school because NIU could never beat Ball State in anything, not to mention the fact that many of their fans are ignorant Hoosier idiots. Those are reasons why I despise Ball State. We've done better against them in football in recent years, and their fans remain the same.
08-31-2012 08:26 AM
Big_Man Offline
Destroyer

I Root For: Chicago
I am indifferent to Ball State. Some rivalries I'd like to see are : Illinois, NU, SIU, ISU. All instate and I know many people who attended those colleges.
08-31-2012 10:08 AM
BleedsHuskieRed Offline
All American

Donators
I don't want a rivalry in football to a D1AA school. That is just awful.
08-31-2012 10:27 AM
Advertisement

Doeren Legacy Offline
Bench Warmer

Northwestern. We travel HUGE to Evanston. Hopefully they would come to DeKalb.
08-31-2012 10:33 AM
niuaccy1976 Offline
1st String

I Root For: NIU Huskies
I think a large part of the Ball State rivalry was because it is the closest MAC school to DeKalb. We're stuck way out here on the western frontier and they are not in Ohio or Michigan as with the bulk of the conference schools.

"After discussions between the schools and in honor of one of the Huskies' and Cardinals' oldest, and closest, league rivalries, the teams will vie for "The Bronze Stalk" starting with the 2008 contest. The schools will seek a corporate sponsor for the rivalry and the trophy will go to the winner of the football game each year."

http://www.niuhuskies.com/sports/m-footb...07aaa.html

http://www.cfpmessageboard.com/viewtopic...55&p=72062
(This post was last modified: 08-31-2012 10:36 AM by niuaccy1976.)
08-31-2012 10:34 AM
jcsportsfan2 Offline
Bench Warmer

U of I and Northwestern so we can show the people of Illinois who is truly the best football team in the state
08-31-2012 10:53 AM
WhiskeyDick Offline
Banned

I Root For: Penalty kills
Good ******* grief !! THIS is the ******* problem with some of you numb nuts. By definition, a RIVAL should be a member of the football ******* conference you are member of !!! No MAC team on the list? Are you too suffering from the delusion that NIU is not really a MAC school, and that OOC schedule is what is most important ?!?

I'm tired of some of you ******* morons. If you don't like NIU and its MAC affliation, then find another ******* team to root for.
08-31-2012 10:54 AM
Dog Fan Offline
Hall of Famer

Donators
All I can say is ********!
08-31-2012 11:01 AM
Advertisement

WhiskeyDick Offline
Banned

(08-31-2012 11:01 AM)Dog Fan Wrote:  All I can say is ********!

Is NIU proud member of the MAC?

Is what we accomplished in 2011 a function of what we accomplished by winning MAC conference football games?

Are we a MAC team?

Seriously, I am so sick and tired of a few numb nuts constantly expressing delusion that we are something different than a MAC team. If it's not Maddawg and his 24/7 diatribes on how our OOC schedule is a disaster, then it's bitching about how Jeff Compher is ******* up or that NIU doesn't need the mega paydays of playing at Soldier Field or on the road against the 800 pound gorillas.

It needs to ******* stop. Maddawg and some of these others need to find a new football team to root for. NIU is coming off its most spectacular season ever....a season where we got our nuts handed to us by Wisconsin and lost also to Kansas.

The OOC schedule doesn't ******* matter beyond playing some of the big boys for the exposure and payday. And last ******* time I checked a BCS school in the form of Kansas WAS ON THE NIU HOME ******* SCHEDULE THIS SEASON, SO THERE !

A RIVAL is defined as a fellow conference member. We don't ******* belong to the Big 10 or the Big 12 or the PAC 10 or the Mountain West or whatever. WE PLAY IN THE ******* MAC. A very fine conference.
08-31-2012 11:09 AM
Bartindekalb Offline
Lord of the Dance; Special

Donators
(08-31-2012 11:09 AM)WhiskeyDick Wrote:  
(08-31-2012 11:01 AM)Dog Fan Wrote:  All I can say is ********!

Is NIU proud member of the MAC?

Is what we accomplished in 2011 a function of what we accomplished by winning MAC conference football games?

Are we a MAC team?

Seriously, I am so sick and tired of a few numb nuts constantly expressing delusion that we are something different than a MAC team. If it's not Maddawg and his 24/7 diatribes on how our OOC schedule is a disaster, then it's bitching about how Jeff Compher is ******* up or that NIU doesn't need the mega paydays of playing at Soldier Field or on the road against the 800 pound gorillas.

It needs to ******* stop. Maddawg and some of these others need to find a new football team to root for. NIU is coming off its most spectacular season ever....a season where we got our nuts handed to us by Wisconsin and lost also to Kansas.

The OOC schedule doesn't ******* matter beyond playing some of the big boys for the exposure and payday. And last ******* time I checked a BCS school in the form of Kansas WAS ON THE NIU HOME ******* SCHEDULE THIS SEASON, SO THERE !

A RIVAL is defined as a fellow conference member. We don't ******* belong to the Big 10 or the Big 12 or the PAC 10 or the Mountain West or whatever. WE PLAY IN THE ******* MAC. A very fine conference.

I love you. Everything about you.
08-31-2012 11:14 AM
NIU007 Offline
Legend

I Root For: NIU, MAC
Iowa and Iowa State have a rivalry. Michigan and Notre Dame. I'm sure there are a bunch more.

And if ****** can't ********* then I would ******* just say **** ********!
08-31-2012 11:18 AM
NIU93 Offline
2nd String

(08-31-2012 10:54 AM)WhiskeyDick Wrote:  Good ******* grief !! THIS is the ******* problem with some of you numb nuts. By definition, a RIVAL should be a member of the football ******* conference you are member of !!! No MAC team on the list? Are you too suffering from the delusion that NIU is not really a MAC school, and that OOC schedule is what is most important ?!?

I'm tired of some of you ******* morons. If you don't like NIU and its MAC affliation, then find another ******* team to root for.

Last I checked, there are some good rivalries that do not involve teams from the same conference. Notre Dame/USC, Iowa/ Iowa State, Florida State/ Florida etc...
08-31-2012 11:20 AM
HUSKIEFOOTBALLFAN Offline
All American

I Root For: Huskies
05-mafia I just prefer to direct all of my hatred towards Toledo 04-chairshot

The non-cons could be a good rivalry if we played them every year or two, but we don't.

P.S. I hope the Rockets beat Arizona this weekend
(This post was last modified: 08-31-2012 11:22 AM by HUSKIEFOOTBALLFAN.)
08-31-2012 11:20 AM
Advertisement

NIU93 Offline
2nd String

(08-31-2012 11:18 AM)NIU007 Wrote:  Iowa and Iowa State have a rivalry. Michigan and Notre Dame. I'm sure there are a bunch more.

Beat me to it!
08-31-2012 11:21 AM
Huskie359 Offline
All American

I Root For: NIU & SOX
Iowa and Iowa State are rivals...just saying...

Edit...Damn you guys are fast....I got to quit working in between posts.
(This post was last modified: 08-31-2012 11:25 AM by Huskie359.)
08-31-2012 11:25 AM
NIUHuskie4life Offline
1st String

I Root For: NIU & WMU
(08-31-2012 10:54 AM)WhiskeyDick Wrote:  Good ******* grief !! THIS is the ******* problem with some of you numb nuts. By definition, a RIVAL should be a member of the football ******* conference you are member of !!! No MAC team on the list? Are you too suffering from the delusion that NIU is not really a MAC school, and that OOC schedule is what is most important ?!?

03-lmfao Fail!....

Miami[OH]/Cincinnati
Norte Dame/USC
Ohio/Marshall
Norte Dame/Michigan State
SJSU/Stanford
Idaho/Montana
Idaho/Washington State
08-31-2012 11:26 AM
WhiskeyDick Offline
Banned

(08-31-2012 11:21 AM)NIU93 Wrote:  
(08-31-2012 11:18 AM)NIU007 Wrote:  Iowa and Iowa State have a rivalry. Michigan and Notre Dame. I'm sure there are a bunch more.

Beat me to it!

Augh!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

What out of conference opponent has NIU ever played on even a semi-routine basis? Answer is NONE !

Comparing our situation to Notre Dame playing Michigan every ******* season for eternity????

I'm dealing with morons.
08-31-2012 12:24 PM

User(s) browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)

Copyright © 2002-2024 Collegiate Sports Nation Bulletin Board System (CSNbbs), All Rights Reserved.
CSNbbs is an independent fan site and is in no way affiliated to the NCAA or any of the schools and conferences it represents.
This site monetizes links. FTC Disclosure.
We allow third-party companies to serve ads and/or collect certain anonymous information when you visit our web site. These companies may use non-personally identifiable information (e.g., click stream information, browser type, time and date, subject of advertisements clicked or scrolled over) during your visits to this and other Web sites in order to provide advertisements about goods and services likely to be of greater interest to you. These companies typically use a cookie or third party web beacon to collect this information. To learn more about this behavioral advertising practice or to opt-out of this type of advertising, you can visit http://www.networkadvertising.org.