Hello There, Guest! (LoginRegister)

Ticket promotion
Bookmark and Share
emu steve Offline
Legend

I Root For: EMU / MAC
Ticket promotion
CMadler had a vibe about an upcoming ticket promotion in one of his blogs.

Here it is:

http://www.emueagles.com/news/2012/8/27/...ath=mbball

In a sentence or two or three:

Buy online, using a code, a ticket for FB, hoops, or volleyball and be entered to win a 2011 GMC Terrain. Tickets are also discounted. Student tickets are not eligible.

Nice promotion and I'll buy some tickets this way.
(This post was last modified: 08-28-2012 06:06 AM by emu steve.)
08-28-2012 06:06 AM
Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
Advertisement

emu steve Offline
Legend

RE: Ticket promotion
BTW, I'm fairly sure that this is the year that EMU FB needs to do the 15K ave. attendance for the NCAA.

This promotion should help increase ticket sales.
08-28-2012 06:51 AM
emu79 Offline
Hall of Famer

I Root For: emu
Just to let people know I did purchase my tickets this way and used the promo code, all the ticket prices came up $10 for each of the three games I purchased tickets for. There was no option for $5 tickets.
09-06-2012 06:36 AM
KPJ Offline
1st String

I Root For: EMU
(09-06-2012 06:36 AM)emu79 Wrote:  Just to let people know I did purchase my tickets this way and used the promo code, all the ticket prices came up $10 for each of the three games I purchased tickets for. There was no option for $5 tickets.

Hello EMU79,

Thanks for posting this. I just went on and was able to find the $5 tickets without a problem. I did forward your message to one of the people who works with the ticket promotion and asked them to take a look into things.
09-06-2012 07:28 AM
emu79 Offline
Hall of Famer

Thanks, the three options that came up were reserved general admission and I can't remember the other one but they were all $10. Its no big deal because at $10 a piece its still a bargin. I ordered for all three home games in October.
09-06-2012 08:22 AM
emussuperfan Offline
Heisman

I bought mine to early and they don't count.
09-07-2012 06:41 PM
Advertisement

emu79 Offline
Hall of Famer

I wanted to thank KPJ for this attempts to help me out. Unfortunately using the WINCAR promotion I was told has some bugs so translated that means I got $10 tickets instead of $5. Now I'm just waiting to see if I am entered in the car drawing or not.

Its not the $10 versus the $5 dollar deal but again its how EMU handles it fans and its business. If you advertised one thing than do it if not don't bother because you just end up pissing people off. If EMU wants fans they need to deliver-its as simple as that.
09-10-2012 08:01 AM
NUPudge Offline
1st String

I Root For: EMU Football
(09-10-2012 08:01 AM)emu79 Wrote:  I wanted to thank KPJ for this attempts to help me out. Unfortunately using the WINCAR promotion I was told has some bugs so translated that means I got $10 tickets instead of $5. Now I'm just waiting to see if I am entered in the car drawing or not.

Its not the $10 versus the $5 dollar deal but again its how EMU handles it fans and its business. If you advertised one thing than do it if not don't bother because you just end up pissing people off. If EMU wants fans they need to deliver-its as simple as that.

I think the sport department may too busy worrying about other things that is related to getting fans to attend games.. Like working on putting a winning team on the football field..
(This post was last modified: 09-10-2012 11:43 AM by NUPudge.)
09-10-2012 11:42 AM
emu79 Offline
Hall of Famer

I understand that but you can't have a functioning ticket website that actually provides what you advertise? This is a university right?

And yes you do need to worry about fans due to the NCAA required minimum for Division I. That is unless Pepsi purchased more tickets this year or the sports marketing firm did.
09-10-2012 12:31 PM
emu79 Offline
Hall of Famer

The ticket office just e-mailed me to correct things. I'll ask them instead of refunding the difference to make a donation to the athletic department.
09-10-2012 12:41 PM
Bob Wickersham Offline
Heisman

(08-28-2012 06:51 AM)emu steve Wrote:  BTW, I'm fairly sure that this is the year that EMU FB needs to do the 15K ave. attendance for the NCAA.

This promotion should help increase ticket sales.
I've been wondering about the attendance requirement. We only drew about 8,000 for the opener, which is usually our biggest crowd. What will happen when we don't come close to the 15,000 needed? By the end of the season, there is a really good likelihood we draw even less than last season. Then what? Do we go on Double Secret probation?
(This post was last modified: 09-10-2012 09:01 PM by Bob Wickersham.)
09-10-2012 09:00 PM
Advertisement

Bob Wickersham Offline
Heisman

Hey everybody did you know:

That Division II Grand Valley State averages 10,478 fans per game, and that was before they remodeled their football stadium. That figure will probably increase this season.

There are 8 Division III teams that draw more fans per game than EMU.

For our next coach, there should be an attendance incentive in the contract. In my opinion, having home games in a stadium that is roughly 85% empty is just as embarrassing (maybe more so) than losing to Illinois State. Either step up and draw fans or leave DI. And don't tell me winning changes everything. There are a lot of programs who don't win who can draw at least 15, 20,000 'real' fans.

This is the elephant in the room that no one wants to talk about, but it's a bigger problem than the product on the field.

Where the hell have all the fans gone? This was not an issue in the late 80's.
09-11-2012 07:50 AM
emu79 Offline
Hall of Famer

I agree Bob, it is really sad, refresh my memory but does Murphy's contract have an attendance "bonus"? We all out know it has a buy out provision. :)
09-11-2012 09:45 AM
Bob Wickersham Offline
Heisman

(09-11-2012 09:45 AM)emu79 Wrote:  I agree Bob, it is really sad, refresh my memory but does Murphy's contract have an attendance "bonus"? We all out know it has a buy out provision. :)
I do know one thing, opposing coaches are using it against us in recruiting and they don't have to exaggerate about our attendance woes.
09-11-2012 09:54 AM
NUPudge Offline
1st String

Guys,

Being new to the EMU family, can someone explain what happen.. It has to do more then with the fb team not winning..

I understand a little about the Huron & Eagle naming conflict but is there something happening there that is more underling..

Please feel free to PM if it something that may cause other conflicts with people on the thread...

Please dont let wolverineeagle be the only one who pass information to me..

Sometimes, I think he goes a little overboard because he is trying to defend his position..
09-11-2012 10:21 AM
emu79 Offline
Hall of Famer

Well EMU for as long as I have been around has a lot of Detroit and Metro Detroit area students who go home just about every or every other weekend and therefore are not on campus. EMU also has alot of students who work full time and commute to campus. Therefore they are not around to attend campus events on weekends.
09-11-2012 11:45 AM
Advertisement

NUPudge Offline
1st String

Wow, I didn't know that Huron/Eagles was a 3rd rail topic..

I was listening to WTKA and this was the Podcast.. Two topic about this... I am now a believer in the tension.. WOW

http://www.wtka.com/pages/9395307.php
09-11-2012 02:26 PM
holybovine Offline
Heisman

I Root For: Eastern Michigan
(09-11-2012 02:26 PM)NUPudge Wrote:  Wow, I didn't know that Huron/Eagles was a 3rd rail topic..

I was listening to WTKA and this was the Podcast.. Two topic about this... I am now a believer in the tension.. WOW

Yeah...bringing up this topic is like throwing water on a hornet's nest. All it does is piss everyone off.
09-11-2012 02:30 PM
emu steve Offline
Legend

(09-11-2012 02:30 PM)holybovine Wrote:  
(09-11-2012 02:26 PM)NUPudge Wrote:  Wow, I didn't know that Huron/Eagles was a 3rd rail topic..

Yeah...bringing up this topic is like throwing water on a hornet's nest. All it does is piss everyone off.

Guess it is okay to mention.

I saw Dr. Martin Saturday and quickly suggested what we suggest: Hurons and an Eagle mascot.

She kidded what gets a University president fired: Mascot changes, losing athletics, etc. and even joked about a big house for the president (that obviously goes back to the days of President Fallon who got ran out for spending big, big bucks on the President's house).

There are really some 3rd rails to be avoided at all costs.

BTW, at PSU the president got fired because of how something in the football program (i.e., child sexual abuse) was handled which threatened the (football) program.

If it was in the fine arts department it would have been a 2 day story.
(This post was last modified: 09-11-2012 03:07 PM by emu steve.)
09-11-2012 03:05 PM
EMUAARON Offline
1st String

I Root For: Hurons
(09-11-2012 03:05 PM)emu steve Wrote:  
(09-11-2012 02:30 PM)holybovine Wrote:  

Guess it is okay to mention.

I saw Dr. Martin Saturday and quickly suggested what we suggest: Hurons and an Eagle mascot.

She kidded what gets a University president fired: Mascot changes, losing athletics, etc. and even joked about a big house for the president (that obviously goes back to the days of President Fallon who got ran out for spending big, big bucks on the President's house).

There are really some 3rd rails to be avoided at all costs.

BTW, at PSU the president got fired because of how something in the football program (i.e., child sexual abuse) was handled which threatened the (football) program.

If it was in the fine arts department it would have been a 2 day story.

FYI

it was Kirkpatrick who was fired for the house.
09-11-2012 03:20 PM

User(s) browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)

Copyright © 2002-2024 Collegiate Sports Nation Bulletin Board System (CSNbbs), All Rights Reserved.
CSNbbs is an independent fan site and is in no way affiliated to the NCAA or any of the schools and conferences it represents.
This site monetizes links. FTC Disclosure.
We allow third-party companies to serve ads and/or collect certain anonymous information when you visit our web site. These companies may use non-personally identifiable information (e.g., click stream information, browser type, time and date, subject of advertisements clicked or scrolled over) during your visits to this and other Web sites in order to provide advertisements about goods and services likely to be of greater interest to you. These companies typically use a cookie or third party web beacon to collect this information. To learn more about this behavioral advertising practice or to opt-out of this type of advertising, you can visit http://www.networkadvertising.org.