Hello There, Guest! (LoginRegister)

WVU and Marshall agree to play each other
Bookmark and Share
MadEagle Offline
All American

I Root For: Southern Miss

When are us So.Miss and MSU fans going to demand our A.D's do the right thing and play a series. We have and open spot on the 12 game schedule so lets do this. Hell it would be great for all of us fans who have wanted this game.
05-16-2005 11:21 PM
Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
Advertisement

THUNDERREB Offline
Water Engineer

I Root For:

......when your dumb*** AD realizes a real school is not going to split the gate with a school that pulls a div. II fanbase. Go smack him on the neck and yell, "wake up moron, they'll play us but we must be realistic.....we can't split the gate when we can't even get a maximum of 6,000 ticket buyers!!!"

you're an idiot.....
06-01-2005 09:32 AM
msudawg57 Offline
Water Engineer

I Root For:

THUNDERREB Wrote:......when your dumb*** AD realizes a real school is not going to split the gate with a school that pulls a div. II fanbase. Go smack him on the neck and yell, "wake up moron, they'll play us but we must be realistic.....we can't split the gate when we can't even get a maximum of 6,000 ticket buyers!!!"

you're an idiot.....
Well said Thunder Reb.
06-18-2005 09:31 AM
Advertisement

MadEagle Offline
All American

lol, First all let me say I am sorry its taken me so long to respond. Hmm so Mr ThunderReb you guys pull in more money when you play Memphis and Wyoming ? Or even Murray State like you did a few years back. And you Mr MSU you think you guys bring in more money when you play and lose to the Maine Blackbears 03-lol 03-lol 03-lol 03-lol 03-lol 03-lol 03-lol 03-lol 03-lol

Now you MSU guys dont need to talk to much sh!t, Win some games and you're smack will stand a little bit.
06-23-2005 06:01 AM
msudawg57 Offline
Water Engineer

I Root For:

MadEagle Wrote:lol, First all let me say I am sorry its taken me so long to respond. Hmm so Mr ThunderReb you guys pull in more money when you play Memphis and Wyoming ? Or even Murray State like you did a few years back. And you Mr MSU you think you guys bring in more money when you play and lose to the Maine Blackbears 03-lol  03-lol  03-lol  03-lol  03-lol  03-lol  03-lol  03-lol  03-lol

Now you MSU guys dont need to talk to much sh!t, Win some games and you're smack will stand a little bit.
Umm, I think we did win some games. Florida, Tulane and Kentucky. Man I wish USMhad to play teams like LSU,UT,UF,UGA, and Auburn week in and week out every year. You might would have a 3-8 record too.
06-24-2005 04:00 PM
Advertisement

MadEagle Offline
All American

Hell i wish had to play LSU,Auburn, Alabama, Etc.... Because if we did we would get the better high school players in our state to come south and play at Southern Mississippi. Being in the SEC is a huge deal for you guys, You're able to get money from 6 sometimes 7 or more bowl teams not add that with the BCS money you get. Hell yeah thats makes me wish Southern Miss had to play those schools too I think history has showed we can normally play with them.

"You might would have a 3-8 record too."

Might being the key word there... Have a nice day gentleman
04-cheers 04-cheers
06-26-2005 05:23 AM
msudawgs64 Offline
Special Teams

I Root For: Miss. State

MadEagle Wrote:And you Mr MSU you think you guys bring in more money when you play and lose to the Maine Blackbears 03-lol 03-lol 03-lol 03-lol 03-lol 03-lol 03-lol 03-lol 03-lol

actually to answer this question, yes we did pull in more money than USM last year even with the 3-8 season and a loss to Maine, not talking ****** but rather simple economics here..

1. We have a larger stadium

2. We had more home games than USM, so it stands to reason that we would make more money than USM..

Here are last year's numbers.

USM

33,000-cap. (I know this number will be going up in due time but this is what it was last year, correct?)

Oct 07, 2004 HOUSTON 28625=86.7 of capacity
Oct 23, 2004 EAST CAROLINA 32422=98.2 of capacity
Nov 06, 2004 CINCINNATI 30690=93.0 of capacity
Nov 27, 2004 UAB 25604=77.5 of capacity
Dec 04, 2004 #4 CALIFORNIA 27480=83.2 of capacity

MSU
55,082-cap

9/4 TULANE 52114=94.6 of capacity
9/11 AUBURN 51021=92.6 of capacity
9/18 MAINE 43486=78.9 of capacity
10/9 UAB 32310=58.7 of capacity
10/23 FLORIDA 43170=78.4 of capacity
10/30 KENTUCKY 40810=74.0 of capacity
11/20 ARKANSAS 43634=79.2 of capacity

Let's just say for this example that both State and USM both charged the same amount for every ticket, we still made more money. Notice the one game for us that would have been almost a sellout at USM, UAB...disappointed that we did not put more fans in the seats but I do recall that game was just in miserable weather. Also note that we did not decrease that much in attendance after the Maine game (other than UAB but rather stayed pretty consistent at around 75 percent of capacity, not great but not bad either for a team that finished 3-8 or at least it does debunk your obvious attempt at smack by using the Maine game. Do some basic homework on both stadium capacity, attendance numbers, home games, and ticket prices then your attempt at smack may have merit.

Now as far as the original intent of this thread, I could really give a ****** if we ever play USM again at this point, it is quite simple, we play you guys at USM, you guys play us in Starkville, there should be no negotiations on this but I am just a fan of the game, the AD's at both Ole Miss and State have their reasons for not scheduling this game at some point and they probably tie back to that hack of an AD at USM, the guy is an idiot.
07-18-2005 02:43 PM
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
Advertisement

southernmiss4ever Offline
All American

msudawgs64 Wrote:
MadEagle Wrote:And you Mr MSU you think you guys bring in more money when you play and lose to the Maine Blackbears 03-lol  03-lol  03-lol  03-lol  03-lol  03-lol  03-lol  03-lol  03-lol

actually to answer this question, yes we did pull in more money than USM last year even with the 3-8 season and a loss to Maine, not talking ****** but rather simple economics here..

1. We have a larger stadium

2. We had more home games than USM, so it stands to reason that we would make more money than USM..

Here are last year's numbers.

USM

33,000-cap. (I know this number will be going up in due time but this is what it was last year, correct?)

Oct 07, 2004 HOUSTON 28625=86.7 of capacity
Oct 23, 2004 EAST CAROLINA 32422=98.2 of capacity
Nov 06, 2004 CINCINNATI 30690=93.0 of capacity
Nov 27, 2004 UAB 25604=77.5 of capacity
Dec 04, 2004 #4 CALIFORNIA 27480=83.2 of capacity

MSU
55,082-cap

9/4 TULANE 52114=94.6 of capacity
9/11 AUBURN 51021=92.6 of capacity
9/18 MAINE 43486=78.9 of capacity
10/9 UAB 32310=58.7 of capacity
10/23 FLORIDA 43170=78.4 of capacity
10/30 KENTUCKY 40810=74.0 of capacity
11/20 ARKANSAS 43634=79.2 of capacity

Let's just say for this example that both State and USM both charged the same amount for every ticket, we still made more money. Notice the one game for us that would have been almost a sellout at USM, UAB...disappointed that we did not put more fans in the seats but I do recall that game was just in miserable weather. Also note that we did not decrease that much in attendance after the Maine game (other than UAB but rather stayed pretty consistent at around 75 percent of capacity, not great but not bad either for a team that finished 3-8 or at least it does debunk your obvious attempt at smack by using the Maine game. Do some basic homework on both stadium capacity, attendance numbers, home games, and ticket prices then your attempt at smack may have merit.

Now as far as the original intent of this thread, I could really give a ****** if we ever play USM again at this point, it is quite simple, we play you guys at USM, you guys play us in Starkville, there should be no negotiations on this but I am just a fan of the game, the AD's at both Ole Miss and State have their reasons for not scheduling this game at some point and they probably tie back to that hack of an AD at USM, the guy is an idiot.
I think what he meant was that MSU wouldn't have made more money by playing Maine than they would by playing USM, even splitting the gate. I think that's what he meant, I might be wrong though.

As to whoever said that if we played SEC teams "week in and week out" we might be 3-8 also. Look at our past OOC schedules, we have played those teams and beat Auburn, LSU (haven't invited us back since), only lost to Tenn. by 3 when they had Payton Manning and we were leading at half, we've beat Georgia, Alabama, only lost by 6 at Florida's house. See, what I don't understand by OM and MSU fans is that they say "If you had to play so-and-so, you would have a losing record too". Reality check people, you play those teams because they are in your conference, and the goal of playing conference opponets is beating them, thats why your in the conference, your supposed to match up well with them. Hell OM and MSU can pick almost any top player in MS and say "we want you" and they will come just b/c they have SEC wrote on the field and $ where USM has to get the "diamonds in the rough" and bust their butts just to play good against any SEC team.

I'm glad I don't have the mindset about USM football like MSU fans do about their football, "Hey, we might be 3-8, but look at who we play", yeah, look at who you play, everybody else in your conference has to play those teams, but yet they don't have losing records, why is that? Maybe because they don't suck? Hmmm, interesting.
07-25-2005 12:26 AM
Reb32 Offline
Special Teams

I Root For:

What a dumbarse. Look up some records before you start beating your gums about beating SEC teams. Your record against SEC teams is 45-99 overall. Here is your record broke down against all the SEC teams.

Alabama 3-27
Arkansas Never played
Auburn 4-13
Florida 0-4
Georgia 1-3
Kentucky 0-1
LSU 1-0 (1994 Won 20-18)
Ole Miss 12-24 ( That's since 1966. Records alot worst than that before ya'll we called USM)
Miss St 24-24 ( Since 1964, again worst before ya'll were USM)
South Car. Never played
Tennessee 0-3
Vandy Never played

If you question any of this. Let me know the school and I'll come back and give you the dates and scores. Now begone back to your pansy-arse conference of Tulsa, Houston, Tulane, SMU, Rice, Pansies, Pansies, etc............ 03-lol 03-lol 03-lol
07-25-2005 05:19 PM
Advertisement

southernmiss4ever Offline
All American

Reb32 Wrote:What a dumbarse. Look up some records before you start beating your gums about beating SEC teams. Your record against SEC teams is 45-99 overall. Here is your record broke down against all the SEC teams.

Alabama 3-27
Arkansas Never played
Auburn 4-13
Florida 0-4
Georgia 1-3
Kentucky 0-1
LSU 1-0 (1994 Won 20-18)
Ole Miss 12-24 ( That's since 1966. Records alot worst than that before ya'll we called USM)
Miss St 24-24 ( Since 1964, again worst before ya'll were USM)
South Car. Never played
Tennessee 0-3
Vandy Never played

If you question any of this. Let me know the school and I'll come back and give you the dates and scores. Now begone back to your pansy-arse conference of Tulsa, Houston, Tulane, SMU, Rice, Pansies, Pansies, etc............ 03-lol 03-lol 03-lol
Since you think it's funny to look at USM's record against OOC opponets in one conference why don't you post Ole Miss' record against teams in their OWN conference? Now that is funny that you don't even have a winning record against anybody in your conference except for 2 or 3 teams. Gosh, it must suck to know that your the door mat of the conference
07-26-2005 01:58 AM
Reb32 Offline
Special Teams

I Root For:

Yeah, and it must really suck to be in a conference and playing against a bunch of pansies that any team in the NCAA can beat. Just keep playing the losers in CUSA, getting your arse beat by SEC teams every year, going 8-3, and going to the bowl(whatever it's name is)in Mobile, Al. ever year and we'll continue to laugh at your pathetic team that plays in "The Rock". 03-lol 03-lol

Mississippi State fans, I apologize for coming on your board and setting this nitwit straight. I've always respect MSU fans and get along with them(except when we play). 03-lol
07-26-2005 12:30 PM
msudawg57 Offline
Water Engineer

I Root For:

Reb32 Wrote:Mississippi State fans, I apologize for coming on your board and setting this nitwit straight. I've always respect MSU fans and get along with them(except when we play). 03-lol
I'm glad you came on here. I'm so tired of these Southern Piss azzholes. I think it's safe to say that you pretty much owned this loser. It was funnny when he bragged about being better than Bama, but they have a 3-27 record against them. Your welcome to post on the MSU board anytime, whether it be here or another site that I visit more frequently.
07-30-2005 04:16 PM

User(s) browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)

Copyright © 2002-2024 Collegiate Sports Nation Bulletin Board System (CSNbbs), All Rights Reserved.
CSNbbs is an independent fan site and is in no way affiliated to the NCAA or any of the schools and conferences it represents.
This site monetizes links. FTC Disclosure.
We allow third-party companies to serve ads and/or collect certain anonymous information when you visit our web site. These companies may use non-personally identifiable information (e.g., click stream information, browser type, time and date, subject of advertisements clicked or scrolled over) during your visits to this and other Web sites in order to provide advertisements about goods and services likely to be of greater interest to you. These companies typically use a cookie or third party web beacon to collect this information. To learn more about this behavioral advertising practice or to opt-out of this type of advertising, you can visit http://www.networkadvertising.org.