Hello There, Guest! (LoginRegister)

Forum Format
Bookmark and Share
Pyrizzo Offline
Eyes in the Sky

I Root For: nothing
Forum Format
What's the status? It's been about a month since I heard about a possible change in this forum's format to be more UTEPish.
(This post was last modified: 08-15-2012 07:32 PM by Pyrizzo.)
08-15-2012 07:31 PM
Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
Advertisement

mistabinks Offline
Glory Road Resident

I Root For: UTEP Miners
RE: Forum Format
Circling the airport :)
08-15-2012 10:21 PM
randaddyminer Offline
Banned

I Root For: UTEP miners
I think fitbud started a petition to stop the acquisition of UTEP colors for this board, stating that there is "no benefit for the new colors and what is wrong with the existing ones.?"
08-16-2012 10:31 PM
Fitbud Offline
Banned

I Root For: PAC 12
That would be incorrect. I'm glad to see I am in your head however.
08-19-2012 01:45 PM
Pyrizzo Offline
Eyes in the Sky

(08-19-2012 01:45 PM)Fitbud Wrote:  That would be incorrect. I'm glad to see I am in your head however.

Don't feel too special. Everyone here isn't too fond of you, except maybe Roberta and Maxi Pad. Good company you're keeping. 01-rivals
08-19-2012 11:29 PM
Fitbud Offline
Banned

I understand that I am not well liked by the die hard UTEP Miner fans.

I used to be one but I couldn't stand being disappointed year after year after year.

Then I realized that the problem with die hard UTEP fans is that they settle for mediocrity.

I still cheer for UTEP but I'm not going to hold back when I see the school or it's fans settle for "good enough"
08-20-2012 12:54 AM
Advertisement

Pyrizzo Offline
Eyes in the Sky

(08-20-2012 12:54 AM)Fitbud Wrote:  I understand that I am not well liked by the die hard UTEP Miner fans.

I used to be one but I couldn't stand being disappointed year after year after year.

Then I realized that the problem with die hard UTEP fans is that they settle for mediocrity.

I still cheer for UTEP but I'm not going to hold back when I see the school or it's fans settle for "good enough"

You have some nerve coming on here and generalizing ALL of the UTEP fans on this board. I gave up on Price after the GMAC bowl disaster. I never supported him being the coach after that and I hated the fact that I was right in assuming he could never keep UTEP out of mediocrity. You only gave up on him last year. Go ahead, research my posts 6 freakin years worth and find ONE positive thing I've said about Mike Price. It's not all Blue and Orange daisies over here like you say. So don't come here being prophetic about wanting better than mediocrity when I have been preaching that longer than you have. Many of the members of this board along with myself have been here quite long, you're just a minor bump and a slight headache at best. We've had better trolls than you. So like I said, don't feel too special.
(This post was last modified: 08-20-2012 09:41 AM by Pyrizzo.)
08-20-2012 09:37 AM
Fitbud Offline
Banned

I only say that because it seems that you and others have attacked me simply because I had an opinion about season tickets.

I supported Price much longer than most but even after several losing season, there are still those that say I am negative because I vowed not go to another game until Price left.

Well, because of this forum, I reconsidered and went ahead and bought season tickets because I was convinced that I should support the kids.

I still however reserve the right to be critical of Mike Price and Tim Floyd.

If that makes me a troll then so be it.
08-20-2012 11:33 AM
Pyrizzo Offline
Eyes in the Sky

(08-20-2012 11:33 AM)Fitbud Wrote:  I only say that because it seems that you and others have attacked me simply because I had an opinion about season tickets.
That's because you have something negative to say about EVERYTHING

(08-20-2012 11:33 AM)Fitbud Wrote:  I supported Price much longer than most but even after several losing season, there are still those that say I am negative because I vowed not go to another game until Price left.

Well, because of this forum, I reconsidered and went ahead and bought season tickets because I was convinced that I should support the kids.

So let me get this straight...You vowed not to go to another game until Price left...yet you went ahead and bought this years season tickets to support the kids? And yet you previously state that you only bought the tickets because the OU-UTEP game was going to be more than $25. How much more of a d*mn hypocrite, liar and cheap as* can you be??

(08-20-2012 11:33 AM)Fitbud Wrote:  I still however reserve the right to be critical of Mike Price and Tim Floyd.
I would expect nothing less from a PAC 12 fan

(08-20-2012 11:33 AM)Fitbud Wrote:  If that makes me a troll then so be it.

It does, and I'm glad you finally acknowledged it
(This post was last modified: 08-20-2012 11:53 AM by Pyrizzo.)
08-20-2012 11:52 AM
Pyrizzo Offline
Eyes in the Sky

(08-15-2012 07:31 PM)Pyrizzo Wrote:  What's the status? It's been about a month since I heard about a possible change in this forum's format to be more UTEPish.

05-bump

So seriously...what's the status? Is there anything we can do to help?
09-25-2012 04:00 PM
mistabinks Offline
Glory Road Resident

Sorry guys. The delay is on me.

Run had something going and I asked admin to put the brakes on it. I have a domain and forum at http://www.utepbbs.com

I wanted to import that site here and have our own version of memphistigers.org

The trick is that my forum was a SMF forum and this forum is a MyBB forum. It is not easy to convert. I REALLY like the theme of the forum I am trying to import.

Once we get it cleaned up and converted, we can import it and open it up. The target date is before hoops season.
09-25-2012 07:51 PM
Advertisement

DFWMINER Offline
1st String

I Root For:
Crappies
Nice.
09-25-2012 07:56 PM
mistabinks Offline
Glory Road Resident

Argh! I thought I disabled registration. Spam galore!
09-25-2012 07:56 PM
Pyrizzo Offline
Eyes in the Sky

(09-25-2012 07:51 PM)mistabinks Wrote:  Sorry guys. The delay is on me.

Run had something going and I asked admin to put the brakes on it. I have a domain and forum at http://www.utepbbs.com

I wanted to import that site here and have our own version of memphistigers.org

The trick is that my forum was a SMF forum and this forum is a MyBB forum. It is not easy to convert. I REALLY like the theme of the forum I am trying to import.

Once we get it cleaned up and converted, we can import it and open it up. The target date is before hoops season.

Gotcha. Take your time then. Better to have a good product than a quick one like UTSAs 02-13-banana
09-27-2012 12:18 AM
mistabinks Offline
Glory Road Resident

Email sent to admin to get the process moving :)
10-05-2012 06:48 PM
Pyrizzo Offline
Eyes in the Sky

sweet. Where's Dx? strange for one of the moderators to be MIA for a while.
10-06-2012 07:08 PM
Advertisement

DxfanMiner Offline
Miner Maniak

I Root For: UTEP/SHSU
I'm here. I'm still working out the kinks in the job market.
10-07-2012 10:12 AM
Pyrizzo Offline
Eyes in the Sky

(10-07-2012 10:12 AM)DxfanMiner Wrote:  I'm here. I'm still working out the kinks in the job market.

Well good to hear from ya. Good luck with the job hunt!
10-07-2012 01:05 PM
Proud El Pasoan Offline
1st String

(10-07-2012 10:12 AM)DxfanMiner Wrote:  I'm here. I'm still working out the kinks in the job market.

Hey DX wow I haven't heard from you in a long time! It was you who brought me to kyyotesden. Good luck with the job hunt.
10-07-2012 02:05 PM
mistabinks Offline
Glory Road Resident

I don't think I am going to be able to import utepbbs here. The conversion from SMF to MyBB just hasn't gone as well as I hoped. With The Den shutting down, there might be room for another forum out there. A few of the guys at Rivals have shown some interest in another forum. I think I am going to give it another go. It's going to be a positive place with nothing but love shown toward cusabbs, rivals, MI, Miner Rush, etc. Everyone from here is more than welcome there. Hopefully we can get it up and running.
11-09-2012 12:27 PM

User(s) browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)

Copyright © 2002-2024 Collegiate Sports Nation Bulletin Board System (CSNbbs), All Rights Reserved.
CSNbbs is an independent fan site and is in no way affiliated to the NCAA or any of the schools and conferences it represents.
This site monetizes links. FTC Disclosure.
We allow third-party companies to serve ads and/or collect certain anonymous information when you visit our web site. These companies may use non-personally identifiable information (e.g., click stream information, browser type, time and date, subject of advertisements clicked or scrolled over) during your visits to this and other Web sites in order to provide advertisements about goods and services likely to be of greater interest to you. These companies typically use a cookie or third party web beacon to collect this information. To learn more about this behavioral advertising practice or to opt-out of this type of advertising, you can visit http://www.networkadvertising.org.