Hello There, Guest! (LoginRegister)

Big East must get home & home contracts with BCS Teams
kyucat Offline
Special Teams

I Root For:
Big East must get home & home contracts with BCS Teams
Getting teams from the SEC, Big Ten, Big 12, ACC to play BE teams home & home. I know Cincy has had problems getting home games with other major conference teams. They have had some success with Purdue, NCST, Oklahoma but buy and large many teams do not want to play Cincy home & home.

Now that Pitt, syrcause left will they play other BE teams.
08-15-2012 12:12 PM
Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
Advertisement

CougarRed Offline
Hall of Famer

I Root For: Houston
RE: Big East must get home & home contracts with BCS Teams
I think we have an excellent chance of signing up good 1-for-1 intersectional games if we can promise the possibility of exposure on NBC.
08-15-2012 12:15 PM
BullsFanInTX Offline
Hall of Famer

I Root For: USF
This has already been happening. USF has always scheduled BCS teams OOC, to include the likes of Miami, Florida State, Florida, Notre Dame, Auburn, North Carolina, Michigan State and several others.
08-15-2012 12:25 PM
adluther Offline
1st String

I Root For: Memphis
(08-15-2012 12:12 PM)kyucat Wrote:  Getting teams from the SEC, Big Ten, Big 12, ACC to play BE teams home & home. I know Cincy has had problems getting home games with other major conference teams. They have had some success with Purdue, NCST, Oklahoma but buy and large many teams do not want to play Cincy home & home.

I feel its doubtful Pitt/WVU/SU will play BE teams after their departure.. just due to a sense of arrogance. They feel they are going to a better conference making them an elite status, thus making it a lose-lose to play a petty BE team. They beat a BE team.. well in their opinion they should have, so no big deal. If they lose to a BE team, all hell would break loose.

I think it's kind of the same for alot of expansion. I doubt TCU is going to spend any time playing MWC teams, as teams from the C-USA who are new members of the BE ... doubtful they are going to want to take a chance on playing someone in a "lesser" conference and losing. IE- Southern Miss/ECU are strong teams that alot of BCS teams don't want to play. Could nearly promise you I don't see any of the nBe members from CUSA lining up to play either of them... for the same reason as Pitt/WVU/SU.
08-15-2012 12:47 PM
CliftonAve Offline
Heisman

I Root For: Jimmy Nippert
(08-15-2012 12:25 PM)BullsFanInTX Wrote:  This has already been happening. USF has always scheduled BCS teams OOC, to include the likes of Miami, Florida State, Florida, Notre Dame, Auburn, North Carolina, Michigan State and several others.

Its worked for USF and maybe a couple others (I know Rutgers has some games lined up in the future) but as someone else pointed out, UC has had a hard time scheduling out future games. Other than Purdue, the rest of the B1G has not returned our AD's phone calls (well, one did and they made up an excuse about not playing somewhere were they sell and advertise alcohol). ND, whose coach formerly strolled the sidelines at UC, told UC to jump in a lake. Games against those opponents make a lot of sense for UC given their geographic proximity.

I hope the opportunity to have your game showcased on NBC/CBS/FOX or whomever will help the Bearcats fill out their schedule with someone other than MAC teams and FCS schools.
08-15-2012 12:50 PM
k5james Offline
1st String

I Root For: SDSU
SDSU has home and homes in the pipe with ASU, Oregon State and a rumored Nike U one as well.
08-15-2012 12:51 PM
Advertisement

Frank the Tank Online
Hall of Famer

I Root For: Illinois/DePaul
The Pac-12 is the league that's most likely to agree to home-and-homes. They generally can't afford to pay for one-and-done home games like most of the SEC and Big Ten. It's going to be increasingly tough to get games against SEC, Big Ten, Big 12 and ACC teams (the first two because they generally want 7 home games while the latter two are moving to 9-game conference schedules). As the old maxim goes, it takes two to tango.
08-15-2012 01:00 PM
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
Lord2FLI Away
Peanut Vendor

I Root For: The End
Easy to say, hard to do, especially when the BCS leagues are looking to push you out...
08-15-2012 01:01 PM
MechaKnight Online
1st String

I Root For: UCF, UAB, Army
(08-15-2012 12:25 PM)BullsFanInTX Wrote:  This has already been happening. USF has always scheduled BCS teams OOC, to include the likes of Miami, Florida State, Florida, Notre Dame, Auburn, North Carolina, Michigan State and several others.

Are the Florida, Notre Dame, and Auburn series home and home? I know you guys played them, but I figured they were one and done series because those are teams who don't play OOC away games against anyone who isn't a traditional rival.

It doesn't seem all that hard to get a one and done against a major brand name team. UCF is playing at Ohio State this year and has the final game of a 2-1 with Texas in a year or two. The difficulty is getting them to come play at your house on even terms.
08-15-2012 01:04 PM
TripleA Offline
Legend

I Root For: Memphis Tigers

Memphis Hall of Fame
Regardless of the obstacles, Aresco did say today that it would be a priority for all BE FB schools to toughen their OOC schedules.
08-15-2012 01:08 PM
SF Husky Offline
Hall of Famer

I Root For: UCONN
UCONN has scheduled home and home with the following: Michigan, Tennessee (I have no idea how we got them to leave TN), NC State, Maryland, Virginia, Virginia again, North Carolina, Wake Forest, Duke, Baylor, Indiana, Iowa State etc.

I believe Texas called once and asked for 2 for 1 and we said no thanks. We have never done a 2 for 1. ND tried to schedule UCONN for a 10 games series with our home games at Giants Stadium and Patriots stadium and we said no thanks. Of course, Cuse took that deal instead.

BE teams just need to stick to its guns for 1-and-1 games. I doubt UCONN will schedule anything other than 1 and 1s in the future. Our AD has said he will schedule more big name neutral site games so we will see.
08-15-2012 01:21 PM
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
Advertisement

brista21 Offline
The Birthplace of College Football

I Root For: Rutgers

Donators
I think a few programs will continue to have little to no problem scheduling home and homes against BCS conferences. But those are for the most part the programs with the most potential options outside the Big East.
08-15-2012 01:28 PM
CliftonAve Offline
Heisman

I Root For: Jimmy Nippert
(08-15-2012 01:28 PM)brista21 Wrote:  I think a few programs will continue to have little to no problem scheduling home and homes against BCS conferences. But those are for the most part the programs with the most potential options outside the Big East.

There's other factors as well. Teams are motivated to play USF/UCF to get their foot in the door with Florida recruiting and for the nice weather. Playing Rutgers at the Meadowlands is also attractive for similar reasons (recruiting/location). Secondly, not to cast any negative light on conference mates, but another reason some teams are are able to schedule well is because they are not going to be a serious threat on the field to the other BCS conference teams. It looks a lot better on the eyeballs for a team to beat a lower tiered BE team than it does a MAC/Sunbelt opponent.
08-15-2012 01:45 PM
3601 Offline
HoopDreams' Daddy

I Root For: Omar Sneed
Memphis is fortunate. We have the ability to get home and home series with Tennessee, Mississippi, Mizzou, Miami, Kansas, Duke, etc.
08-15-2012 01:56 PM
KnightLight Offline
Legend

I Root For: UCF
UCF just finished up recent home-home deals with ACC's Miami, Boston College and NC State.

This year, UCF starts up a home-home deal with Mizzou from the SEC

Next year, UCF starts up a home-home deal with SEC's South Carolina.

UCF started up a home-home deal with BYU last year in Provo (better opponent than probably half the BCS teams out there)...and BYU is still set to travel to UCF in 2014 as a non-conf game...which could be a fun precursor to Big East play in 2015.

UCF also had a home-home deal with UCONN...but those games (if they do take place) will now obviously be conf games...so UCF has 2 new non-conf spots opened up.
(This post was last modified: 08-15-2012 02:13 PM by KnightLight.)
08-15-2012 02:11 PM
CardFan1 Offline
Red Thunderbird

I Root For: Louisville ACC
(08-15-2012 12:47 PM)adluther Wrote:  
(08-15-2012 12:12 PM)kyucat Wrote:  Getting teams from the SEC, Big Ten, Big 12, ACC to play BE teams home & home. I know Cincy has had problems getting home games with other major conference teams. They have had some success with Purdue, NCST, Oklahoma but buy and large many teams do not want to play Cincy home & home.

I feel its doubtful Pitt/WVU/SU will play BE teams after their departure.. just due to a sense of arrogance. They feel they are going to a better conference making them an elite status, thus making it a lose-lose to play a petty BE team. They beat a BE team.. well in their opinion they should have, so no big deal. If they lose to a BE team, all hell would break loose.

I think it's kind of the same for alot of expansion. I doubt TCU is going to spend any time playing MWC teams, as teams from the C-USA who are new members of the BE ... doubtful they are going to want to take a chance on playing someone in a "lesser" conference and losing. IE- Southern Miss/ECU are strong teams that alot of BCS teams don't want to play. Could nearly promise you I don't see any of the nBe members from CUSA lining up to play either of them... for the same reason as Pitt/WVU/SU.

Well I realize UL has been out of CUSA for a while now but We do schedule former conference schools like Memphis and USM. We know that those games are usually very hard fought games because of the rival intensity involved. Would love to see ECU scheduled home and home and Pitt and Syracuse,WVU the same way. Can't wait to start games with Houston again next year. Look forward to get Indiana,OSU and SU
08-15-2012 02:12 PM
Advertisement

CardFan1 Offline
Red Thunderbird

I Root For: Louisville ACC
Stupid smart phone won't scroll down on reply.
any way I ment to say MSU not SU from Big 10 back on schedule.
08-15-2012 02:19 PM
vandiver49 Offline
Heisman

I Root For: USNA/UTK
(08-15-2012 01:21 PM)SF Husky Wrote:  UCONN has scheduled home and home with the following: Michigan, Tennessee (I have no idea how we got them to leave TN), NC State, Maryland, Virginia, Virginia again, North Carolina, Wake Forest, Duke, Baylor, Indiana, Iowa State etc.

I believe Texas called once and asked for 2 for 1 and we said no thanks. We have never done a 2 for 1. ND tried to schedule UCONN for a 10 games series with our home games at Giants Stadium and Patriots stadium and we said no thanks. Of course, Cuse took that deal instead.

BE teams just need to stick to its guns for 1-and-1 games. I doubt UCONN will schedule anything other than 1 and 1s in the future. Our AD has said he will schedule more big name neutral site games so we will see.

Still on the 'no SEC teams leave the south for OOC road games' bandwagon huh? Anyway this was set up when Pat and Geno were still on speaking terms. I'm looking forward to it tough. It'll give me the chance to vist a couple of friends who've been exiled to Groton.
08-15-2012 03:25 PM
Psicosis Offline
Remain in Light

I Root For: Memphis

Crappies
(08-15-2012 01:56 PM)3601 Wrote:  Memphis is fortunate. We have the ability to get home and home series with Tennessee, Mississippi, Mizzou, Miami, Kansas, Duke, etc.

And all of those were before we joined the BE.
08-15-2012 08:18 PM
shere khan Offline
Southerner

I Root For: Tulane
(08-15-2012 12:50 PM)CliftonAve Wrote:  

Its worked for USF and maybe a couple others (I know Rutgers has some games lined up in the future) but as someone else pointed out, UC has had a hard time scheduling out future games. Other than Purdue, the rest of the B1G has not returned our AD's phone calls (well, one did and they made up an excuse about not playing somewhere were they sell and advertise alcohol). ND, whose coach formerly strolled the sidelines at UC, told UC to jump in a lake. Games against those opponents make a lot of sense for UC given their geographic proximity.

I hope the opportunity to have your game showcased on NBC/CBS/FOX or whomever will help the Bearcats fill out their schedule with someone other than MAC teams and FCS schools.

when does usf have a home and home with auburn? auburn sells 85,000 + against anybody they play.
(This post was last modified: 08-15-2012 08:25 PM by shere khan.)
08-15-2012 08:22 PM

User(s) browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)

Copyright © 2002-2024 Collegiate Sports Nation Bulletin Board System (CSNbbs), All Rights Reserved.
CSNbbs is an independent fan site and is in no way affiliated to the NCAA or any of the schools and conferences it represents.
This site monetizes links. FTC Disclosure.
We allow third-party companies to serve ads and/or collect certain anonymous information when you visit our web site. These companies may use non-personally identifiable information (e.g., click stream information, browser type, time and date, subject of advertisements clicked or scrolled over) during your visits to this and other Web sites in order to provide advertisements about goods and services likely to be of greater interest to you. These companies typically use a cookie or third party web beacon to collect this information. To learn more about this behavioral advertising practice or to opt-out of this type of advertising, you can visit http://www.networkadvertising.org.