Hello There, Guest! (LoginRegister)

UL Tom Jurich on Aresco Hire & BE going forward
Kruciff Offline
Old Man from scene 24

I Root For: The Bridge of Death
UL Tom Jurich on Aresco Hire & BE going forward
(08-15-2012 10:22 AM)dgrace4cards Wrote:  
(08-15-2012 10:08 AM)TripleA Wrote:  
(08-15-2012 09:50 AM)dgrace4cards Wrote:  http://www.mysports790.com/player/?stati...d=22351753

Tom Jurich at 22.5 minute mark

President Ramsey coming soon.
Thanks for the link. Jurich was extremely positive about Aresco. Hey, D, does that change your mind at all about Aresco?

Ha ha, I hear you talking....TJ will say anything positive about the Big East right now....got to make future girlfried feel alittle jealous for a bit 05-stirthepot

Every time I hear a cardinal fan talk about moving to the Big 12:

[Image: g1337436914921846786.jpg]
08-15-2012 10:30 AM
Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
Advertisement

SF Husky Offline
Hall of Famer

I Root For: UCONN
RE: UL Tom Jurich on Aresco Hire & BE going forward
(08-15-2012 10:33 AM)dgrace4cards Wrote:  
(08-15-2012 10:28 AM)SF Husky Wrote:  
(08-15-2012 10:08 AM)TripleA Wrote:  
(08-15-2012 09:50 AM)dgrace4cards Wrote:  http://www.mysports790.com/player/?stati...d=22351753

Tom Jurich at 22.5 minute mark

President Ramsey coming soon.
Thanks for the link. Jurich was extremely positive about Aresco. Hey, D, does that change your mind at all about Aresco?

Ha ha, I hear you talking....TJ will say anything positive about the Big East right now....got to make future girlfried feel alittle jealous for a bit 05-stirthepot

TJ will do what's best for UL as every other AD in the conference. The guys who do UL radio are such homers it is not even funny.

What exactly do you expect? UL sponsors that show....Deener could get in trouble if he comes across controversial. I'm sure all school hosted radio shows are the same.

I think this is the 2nd time I listened to these guys. They are practically begging into the B12 LOL. UL as marquee team in the BE? Are you kidding me? BE has been here long before UL was even a blimp on the scene. There are plenty of marquee teams in the BE long before UL and will still be here long after UL. These guys are full of themselves. It is kind of nauseating listening to them as a fan of school who has contributed 10x what UL has done for the BE.

If I didn't know any better, I would think that's Wilike doing the interview.
(This post was last modified: 08-15-2012 10:45 AM by SF Husky.)
08-15-2012 10:39 AM
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
dgrace4cards Offline
All American

I Root For: UL
(08-15-2012 10:39 AM)SF Husky Wrote:  
(08-15-2012 10:08 AM)TripleA Wrote:  Thanks for the link. Jurich was extremely positive about Aresco. Hey, D, does that change your mind at all about Aresco?

TJ will do what's best for UL as every other AD in the conference. The guys who do UL radio are such homers it is not even funny.

What exactly do you expect? UL sponsors that show....Deener could get in trouble if he comes across controversial. I'm sure all school hosted radio shows are the same.

I think this is the 2nd time I listened to these guys. They are practically begging into the B12 LOL. UL as marquee team in the BE? Are you kidding me? BE has been here long before UL was even a blimp on the scene. There are plenty of marquee teams in the BE long before UL and will still be here long after UL. These guys are full of themselves it is kind of nauseating listening to them as a fan of school who has contributed 10x what UL has done for the BE.

I'm trying to stay objective here.....but on the whole at the current time don't you think UL is at the top or near as the marquee team of the conference. Facilities, on field/court results, brand, coaches, etc. UConn is up there for sure in bball and brand, but not on the total package yet. I'm not sure how you would define a marquee program and which ones are above UL at this point in time.

As for going to Big 12....I'm sure UConn is saying same things about the ACC in their radio shows.
08-15-2012 10:46 AM
Maize Offline
Hall of Famer

I Root For: Athletes First
(08-15-2012 10:08 AM)TripleA Wrote:  Thanks for the link. Jurich was extremely positive about Aresco. Hey, D, does that change your mind at all about Aresco?

I think this is the 2nd time I listened to these guys. They are practically begging into the B12 LOL. UL as marquee team in the BE? Are you kidding me? BE has been here long before UL was even a blimp on the scene. There are plenty of marquee teams in the BE long before UL and will still be here long after UL. These guys are full of themselves it is kind of nauseating listening to them as a fan of school who has contributed 10x what UL has done for the BE.

Well Louisville, along with UConn & Cincinnati are probably the "top All Sports Members" of the BIG EAST right now.

Quite sure Joe D'Ambrosio would come off just as "homerish" for UConn as Deener does for UofL...it is what it is.
08-15-2012 10:48 AM
Advertisement

Gopper Offline
2nd String

I Root For: Cards
UL is the marquee team with Cincy a close second... Id give Uconn marquee team status but alas their super difficult grad school doesnt make up for their bball team smartness
08-15-2012 10:56 AM
SF Husky Offline
Hall of Famer

(08-15-2012 10:46 AM)dgrace4cards Wrote:  
(08-15-2012 10:22 AM)dgrace4cards Wrote:  Ha ha, I hear you talking....TJ will say anything positive about the Big East right now....got to make future girlfried feel alittle jealous for a bit 05-stirthepot

I'm trying to stay objective here.....but on the whole at the current time don't you think UL is at the top or near as the marquee team of the conference. Facilities, on field/court results, brand, coaches, etc. UConn is up there for sure in bball and brand, but not on the total package yet. I'm not sure how you would define a marquee program and which ones are above UL at this point in time.

As for going to Big 12....I'm sure UConn is saying same things about the ACC in their radio shows.

LOL... UCONN fans aren't nearly as desperate as getting into the ACC as UL to the B12. There are plenty of people aren't too thrilled about it.

As for marquee school, the problem with UL fans is they think it is all about sports. We are still talking about colleges here right? Sports budget is barely a tiny portion of the overall school budget. It is important but it is not that important on the overall picture. UL is a metro school with questionable academics. UL has far more in common with schools like Memphis, Cincy, Temple, Houston, SDSU, Boise etc. than big public universities like UCONN and RU. You are not even the marquee school in your own state never mind the BE. You sit on a decent market but nothing to brag about. If anything, UCONN and RU are the odd balls out of the bunch now. UL is exactly where it belong as far as overall profile for schools go.

Oh yeah, UL would fit into the B12 as good as a square into a round hole. Yeah if they need a body UL will be good. Other than that, there is little in common between UL and other B12 schools.
(This post was last modified: 08-15-2012 10:59 AM by SF Husky.)
08-15-2012 10:57 AM
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
SF Husky Offline
Hall of Famer

(08-15-2012 10:56 AM)Gopper Wrote:  UL is the marquee team with Cincy a close second... Id give Uconn marquee team status but alas their super difficult grad school doesnt make up for their bball team smartness

03-lmfao
08-15-2012 10:58 AM
Advertisement

Maize Offline
Hall of Famer

(08-15-2012 10:57 AM)SF Husky Wrote:  
(08-15-2012 10:46 AM)dgrace4cards Wrote:  
(08-15-2012 10:28 AM)SF Husky Wrote:  TJ will do what's best for UL as every other AD in the conference. The guys who do UL radio are such homers it is not even funny.

LOL... UCONN fans aren't nearly as desperate as getting into the ACC as UL to the B12. There are plenty of people aren't too thrilled about it.

As for marquee school, the problem with UL fans is they think it is all about sports. We are still talking about colleges here right? Sports budget is barely a tiny portion of the overall school budget. It is important but it is not that important on the overall picture. UL is a metro school with questionable academics. UL has far more in common with schools like Memphis, Cincy, Temple, Houston, SDSU, Boise etc. than big public universities like UCONN and RU. You are not even the marquee school in your own state never mind the BE. You sit on a decent market but nothing to brag about. If anything, UCONN and RU are the odd balls out of the bunch now. UL is exactly where it belong as far as overall profile for schools go.

Oh yeah, UL would fit into the B12 as good as a square into a round hole. Yeah if they need a body UL will be good. Other than that, there is little in common between UL and other B12 schools.

This is funny...Husky listen in on a Louisville radio show...the station is basically for Louisville athletics...the call letters are WKRD-(play on the Cards) and he goes on a tangent on a interview done by one of the Louisville play by play guys as being homerish....wow

Look, when UConn gets an endowment the size of Louisville...when UConn wins a BCS Bowl game or a Fiesta Bowl...when they become the 2nd school in the BCS Bowl era to go to a Women Final Four, Men Soccer Final Four, College World Series and a Men Final Four than give us a call.

BTW, last I check the President of UConn is still on the phone with John Swofford...it is what it is...also, before you come back with "academics" this is a "Sports Forum"...not about "academics".

But maybe if UConn tries "real hard" they might become Michigan...but I doubt that UConn academics are not up to snuff for the B1G or even the ACC for that matter...that why they are still in the BIG EAST.
(This post was last modified: 08-15-2012 11:28 AM by Maize.)
08-15-2012 11:27 AM
Bearcat_Bounce Offline
God Like Summoner

I Root For: Winners
(08-15-2012 10:56 AM)Gopper Wrote:  UL is the marquee team with Cincy a close second... Id give Uconn marquee team status but alas their super difficult grad school doesnt make up for their bball team smartness

lol'd
08-15-2012 11:27 AM
SF Husky Offline
Hall of Famer

(08-15-2012 11:27 AM)Maize Wrote:  But maybe if UConn tries "real hard" they might become Michigan...but I doubt that UConn academics are not up to snuff for the B1G or even the ACC for that matter...that why they are still in the BIG EAST.

When you get a clue, we can continue this conversation. Otherwise, enjoy your little rosy glasses because some of us are just 03-lmfao
08-15-2012 11:34 AM
Advertisement

Maize Offline
Hall of Famer

(08-15-2012 11:34 AM)SF Husky Wrote:  
(08-15-2012 11:27 AM)Maize Wrote:  But maybe if UConn tries "real hard" they might become Michigan...but I doubt that UConn academics are not up to snuff for the B1G or even the ACC for that matter...that why they are still in the BIG EAST.

When you get a clue, we can continue this conversation. Otherwise, enjoy your little rosy glasses because some of us are just 03-lmfao

No, we continue this conversation when you "Stop being a Hater"...oh, tell Governor Malloy to stop begging for the UConn to the ACC invite as well.

Believe me, we are LOAM @ the UConn fan that listens to a Louisville Sports show that is sponsored by the Unversity of Louisville and cries Homer...03-lmfao03-lmfao03-lmfao03-lmfao03-lmfao
(This post was last modified: 08-15-2012 11:38 AM by Maize.)
08-15-2012 11:37 AM
Wilkie01 Offline
Cards Prognosticater
Jersey Retired

I Root For: Louisville

I think this is the 2nd time I listened to these guys. They are practically begging into the B12 LOL. UL as marquee team in the BE? Are you kidding me? BE has been here long before UL was even a blimp on the scene. There are plenty of marquee teams in the BE long before UL and will still be here long after UL. These guys are full of themselves. It is kind of nauseating listening to them as a fan of school who has contributed 10x what UL has done for the BE.

How do you know that I wasn't? 07-coffee3
08-15-2012 11:40 AM
SF Husky Offline
Hall of Famer

(08-15-2012 11:37 AM)Maize Wrote:  

No, we continue this conversation when you "Stop being a Hater"...oh, tell Governor Malloy to stop begging for the UConn to the ACC invite as well.

Believe me, we are LOAM @ the UConn fan that listens to a Louisville Sports show that is sponsored by the Unversity of Louisville and cries Homer...03-lmfao03-lmfao03-lmfao03-lmfao03-lmfao

I only listened cause one of your fans posted the link about Jurich and the new commissioner. I had no idea it turned into another UL homer fest. I won't make the same mistake in the future.

I have listened to UCONN radio before. I don't think I ever heard similar homerism on a radio show. The difference at UCONN is we don't need to discuss this on every damn radio show. We know we are an elite athletic program and we don't need to repeat the same stupid song every time.
(This post was last modified: 08-15-2012 11:44 AM by SF Husky.)
08-15-2012 11:44 AM
Advertisement

Wilkie01 Offline
Cards Prognosticater
Jersey Retired

I Root For: Louisville

UConn at best might be another Northwestern in the Big 12. 07-coffee3
08-15-2012 11:45 AM
Maize Offline
Hall of Famer

(08-15-2012 11:45 AM)Wilkie01 Wrote:  

UConn at best might be another Northwestern in the Big 12. 07-coffee3

Nah, they don't have Northwestern "academic chops"...remember they win titles by using players that don't go to class...3 letter...A.P.R...juz sayn...05-stirthepot
08-15-2012 11:49 AM

User(s) browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)

Copyright © 2002-2024 Collegiate Sports Nation Bulletin Board System (CSNbbs), All Rights Reserved.
CSNbbs is an independent fan site and is in no way affiliated to the NCAA or any of the schools and conferences it represents.
This site monetizes links. FTC Disclosure.
We allow third-party companies to serve ads and/or collect certain anonymous information when you visit our web site. These companies may use non-personally identifiable information (e.g., click stream information, browser type, time and date, subject of advertisements clicked or scrolled over) during your visits to this and other Web sites in order to provide advertisements about goods and services likely to be of greater interest to you. These companies typically use a cookie or third party web beacon to collect this information. To learn more about this behavioral advertising practice or to opt-out of this type of advertising, you can visit http://www.networkadvertising.org.