Hello There, Guest! (LoginRegister)

Further CUSA expansion ramblings
Yankee Runner Offline
Bench Warmer

I Root For: UTSA
Further CUSA expansion ramblings
There is talk on the main board about CUSA commissioner looking for further expansion. Some mentioned teachers college as a fair option. How do you guys feel about that?

I personally don't like the idea of having them in CUSA with us. It's too close, we'd be competing for the same recruits. I understand the rivalry game would put out some good attendance numbers, but we can't beat them yet so it's not wise, right now. I like them where they are, in the SBC, thinking that it's an equal conference to the CUSA. They will dig themselves in a big hole if they stay there for a few years. And honestly, I'd be happy with that. Scratch that... I'd be ecstatic.

I do think though, that if the commish were to ask the AD's about inviting teachers college, that Hickey would jump on that in a heartbeat. She would prob be thinking about the paycheck, the rivalry and about helping out a fellow school. I'm thinking more about killing the rivalry in a few years, by stomping them every time we play. And leaving them to rot in the SBC for the next 15-20 years.
07-28-2012 10:51 AM
Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
Advertisement

Fear The Frog Offline
Special Teams

I Root For: TCU
RE: Further CUSA expansion ramblings
Already think your better then somebody ? So you want To keep your Rival down, sure hope there ain't lots like you...

Myself I'm glad SMU and Baylor are on the up swing just makes it better when we win... so I cheer for our rivals make our games better..

As A Frog hope nothing but the best for the new schools and believe their plenty of talent to go around, and keep from leaving the state..
(This post was last modified: 07-28-2012 06:00 PM by Fear The Frog.)
07-28-2012 05:58 PM
Yankee Runner Offline
Bench Warmer

(07-28-2012 05:58 PM)Fear The Frog Wrote:  Already think your better then somebody ? So you want To keep your Rival down, sure hope there ain't lots like you...

Myself I'm glad SMU and Baylor are on the up swing just makes it better when we win... so I cheer for our rivals make our games better..

As A Frog hope nothing but the best for the new schools and believe their plenty of talent to go around, and keep from leaving the state..

I do think we are better than "somebody". Not sure what somebody entails, but it sounds like a blanket term for all college football programs across all divisions. I'd like to think that we are better than at least a handful of programs.

And since when are rivalries supposed to be friendly and happy? There wouldn't be a rivalry if that's the case. You think txst, if they were in our position, wouldn't try their best to block us a slot in CUSA? The boobcats will fight to their last breath to leave us behind. True rivals hate each other. You would know that if you were a TCU alumnus and not just another t-shirt fan.
07-28-2012 08:28 PM
RowdyRunnerRowd Offline
2nd String

WE HATE TSUSM! WE WILL NOT LET THEM IN CUSA! MAYBE WHEN WE GO TO BIG SIX CONFERENCE THEN THEY CAN MOVE IN. UTSA IS BETTER IN ALL AREAS THAT MATTER. GO RUNNERSSSSSSS!
07-28-2012 09:49 PM
Fear The Frog Offline
Special Teams

(07-28-2012 08:28 PM)Yankee Runner Wrote:  
(07-28-2012 05:58 PM)Fear The Frog Wrote:  Already think your better then somebody ? So you want To keep your Rival down, sure hope there ain't lots like you...

I do think we are better than "somebody". Not sure what somebody entails, but it sounds like a blanket term for all college football programs across all divisions. I'd like to think that we are better than at least a handful of programs.

And since when are rivalries supposed to be friendly and happy? There wouldn't be a rivalry if that's the case. You think txst, if they were in our position, wouldn't try their best to block us a slot in CUSA? The boobcats will fight to their last breath to leave us behind. True rivals hate each other. You would know that if you were a TCU alumnus and not just another t-shirt fan.

If we hating SMU we would not have work with them on how to build their program, it's about sport man ship... I know now why you and the other Runners fans get bad rap on the boards because you bring on your self..

Also think you might stop by killerfrogs we due got ******** like you but don't represent our fan base... again best of luck..
(This post was last modified: 07-28-2012 10:25 PM by Fear The Frog.)
07-28-2012 10:22 PM
Advertisement

Kramada Offline
Bench Warmer

(07-28-2012 10:22 PM)Fear The Frog Wrote:  If we hating SMU we would not have work with them on how to build their program, it's about sport man ship... I know now why you and the other Runners fans get bad rap on the boards because you bring on your self..

And by that logic all of CUSA deserve bad rap because we weren't universally welcomed.

You've spent decent amount of time on UTSA boards, and you should know that TSUSM feels they're above UTSA purely because of the fact that they're older, and how until we got the invite over them to CUSA that they were trying to tear us down for their own benefit.
The very bad sportsmanship that TSUSM embodies is itself the reason why some of us would prefer to not be associated with them.
07-28-2012 11:35 PM
Yankee Runner Offline
Bench Warmer

I am not pretending to know firsthand how heated TCU's rivalries are, but I'm willing to bet that they aren't about to smoke a peace pipe with their rivals on game day. You did spark my curiosity, so I'd like to ask a true TCU grad/student.

You've spent enough time on the bobcat forum kissing ass, you should know that they feel equally negative about us.
And if standing up for your school gives you a bad rap then so be it. Lots of people around here have the need to constantly bash, joke and throw unsolicited slights our way. Then they want to get upset because we fire back. We will not apologize for being invited to a better conference.

/endrant
07-29-2012 04:49 AM
jarmzet Offline
Special Teams

I think it would be good for both TXST and UTSA if TXST was pulled into CUSA.

I can't think of any downside to that.
07-29-2012 11:59 AM
Runner Offline
Bench Warmer

(07-29-2012 11:59 AM)jarmzet Wrote:  I think it would be good for both TXST and UTSA if TXST was pulled into CUSA.

I Can one word "RECRUITS"
07-29-2012 01:40 PM
Advertisement

jarmzet Offline
Special Teams

(07-29-2012 01:40 PM)Runner Wrote:  
(07-29-2012 11:59 AM)jarmzet Wrote:  I think it would be good for both TXST and UTSA if TXST was pulled into CUSA.

I Can one word "RECRUITS"

Plenty of recruits to be around. If we aren't competing with TXST we are competing with somebody else. UTSA needs to win recruiting battles no matter what conference TXST is in.

UTSA really needs to get that football practice facility up and running on Park West. That's what is really holding UTSA back right now.
07-29-2012 02:09 PM
Yankee Runner Offline
Bench Warmer

Texas is saturated with FBS schools, so I don't think there are plenty to go around. It doesn't benefit us at all to play a school 40 minutes away from us. We would be competing for the same recruits and the same market. If we were both in CUSA now, they will out-recruit us every year. They have 100 years of mediocre football experience and they have the infrastructure already in place.

Speaking of which, anybody have updates on the progress of the park west construction?
07-29-2012 02:50 PM
SApuro Offline
All American

I Root For: UTSA and USM
(07-29-2012 02:50 PM)Yankee Runner Wrote:  Texas is saturated with FBS schools, so I don't think there are plenty to go around. It doesn't benefit us at all to play a school 40 minutes away from us. We would be competing for the same recruits and the same market. If we were both in CUSA now, they will out-recruit us every year. They have 100 years of mediocre football experience and they have the infrastructure already in place.

Speaking of which, anybody have updates on the progress of the park west construction?

I'd have to agree that Texas St has a very solid program. They out recruited us by a ton last year. If they move to MWC our advantage in having a more prestigious conferences becomes minimal.

Personally I'd like to see that rivarly die and create one with UTEP, UNT or Rice.
07-30-2012 08:03 AM
Rowdy Runner 07 Offline
Water Engineer

I understand where you're coming from. You've always been a good poster on UTSA boards.

That being said, I don't think you realize all the crap txst fans have spewed at UTSA since we started playing sports against them. They have this arrogance because most of their students are Longhorn rejects who only go there to be near UT/Austin. They have always had this arrogance towards UTSA because we were a huge commuter school and rightfully so, but now things have changed. UTSA is not the same school it was 10 years ago. Now that we have pretty much passed them up (in only 40+ years of existence vs their 100+) they can't stand it. You're on their board. Don't act like you don't see the insults they throw at us and if the tables were turned they would be saying the same exact things about us. Hell, they say it now!

Seriously, their fan base puts down our attendance numbers while at the same time not being able to sell out 15k bobcat stadium (last season). That should say enough right there. They have 35k students but most of them are in Austin tailgating for the Longhorns on Saturday.
07-30-2012 09:09 AM
Advertisement

RowdyRunnerRowd Offline
2nd String

We will get in a BCS conference before TSUSM ever gets in CUSA or MWC. Mark it. They are stuck and will be stuck playing in an abysmal conference with a lousy attendance and record for many years to come.
07-30-2012 12:38 PM
UTSAMarineVet09 Offline
Corporal of the Board.

Re: Further CUSA expansion ramblings
Alright, make sure this thread doesn't get out of line.

Sent from my HTC_Amaze_4G using Tapatalk 2
07-31-2012 06:42 AM
jarmzet Offline
Special Teams

(07-29-2012 02:50 PM)Yankee Runner Wrote:  Texas is saturated with FBS schools, so I don't think there are plenty to go around. It doesn't benefit us at all to play a school 40 minutes away from us.

I would love another game I could get to easily each year.
07-31-2012 05:52 PM
Fear The Frog Offline
Special Teams

Our Rivalry with SMU will not end...Though where not in same Conf... Yes we got some fans who would love keep SMU Down but it was clear Our Admin supported adding them to MW and to the Big East.... And yes we all got fans that talk trash to each other, and I been on both TXST and UTSA boards I just feel be great for you two to stick together or at lease play every year...

A&M wanted keep their Rivalry game with Texas... UT calling it off
UH and Rice will keep playing

I know you guys got bigger upside then TXST but I don't need to Kiss any ones ass only because I'm cool with both Schools..
It's been proven that long as you win fans and recruits will come.. no matter what Conf. your in..

You guys will have great Rivalry games with UNT. UTEP, and Rice but won't be As Good as the TXST.. RIVALRY
Being so close together the love/hate relationship talking crap to each other at work..your like 35 miles apart makes since..

Either way have nothing but great things say about UTSA/TXST and wish you both best of luck and I never talk one up to put one down...

I hope SMU kick ass so when we play them we can Smash them... just looks better, plus they our A Texas team..

We all got differnt of Opinions, I just don't belittle any one to make a point... Go Runners, be pulling for you guys...
(This post was last modified: 07-31-2012 10:32 PM by Fear The Frog.)
07-31-2012 10:29 PM
Advertisement

Rowdy Runner 07 Offline
Water Engineer

(07-31-2012 10:29 PM)Fear The Frog Wrote:  Our Rivalry with SMU will not end...Though where not in same Conf... Yes we got some fans who would love keep SMU Down but it was clear Our Admin supported adding them to MW and to the Big East.... And yes we all got fans that talk trash to each other, and I been on both TXST and UTSA boards I just feel be great for you two to stick together or at lease play every year...

A&M wanted keep their Rivalry game with Texas... UT calling it off
UH and Rice will keep playing

I know you guys got bigger upside then TXST but I don't need to Kiss any ones ass only because I'm cool with both Schools..
It's been proven that long as you win fans and recruits will come.. no matter what Conf. your in..

You guys will have great Rivalry games with UNT. UTEP, and Rice but won't be As Good as the TXST.. RIVALRY
Being so close together the love/hate relationship talking crap to each other at work..your like 35 miles apart makes since..

Either way have nothing but great things say about UTSA/TXST and wish you both best of luck and I never talk one up to put one down...

I hope SMU kick ass so when we play them we can Smash them... just looks better, plus they our A Texas team..

We all got differnt of Opinions, I just don't belittle any one to make a point... Go Runners, be pulling for you guys...

I think we'll end up playing txst once everything with the conference realignment settles down. It's up in the air after this year, but I think it will be back soon.
08-02-2012 09:42 PM
Runner Offline
Bench Warmer

I think we'll end up playing txst once everything with the conference realignment settles down. It's up in the air after this year, but I think it will be back soon.

No sooner than 2016 although I hope never. SWT is to close to SA not in our best interest. IMO.
(This post was last modified: 08-02-2012 10:51 PM by Runner.)
08-02-2012 10:51 PM

User(s) browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)

Copyright © 2002-2024 Collegiate Sports Nation Bulletin Board System (CSNbbs), All Rights Reserved.
CSNbbs is an independent fan site and is in no way affiliated to the NCAA or any of the schools and conferences it represents.
This site monetizes links. FTC Disclosure.
We allow third-party companies to serve ads and/or collect certain anonymous information when you visit our web site. These companies may use non-personally identifiable information (e.g., click stream information, browser type, time and date, subject of advertisements clicked or scrolled over) during your visits to this and other Web sites in order to provide advertisements about goods and services likely to be of greater interest to you. These companies typically use a cookie or third party web beacon to collect this information. To learn more about this behavioral advertising practice or to opt-out of this type of advertising, you can visit http://www.networkadvertising.org.