Hello There, Guest! (LoginRegister)

Hick-Fil-A: Prejudice with a side of lies
Max Power Offline
Not Rod Carey

I Root For: NIU, Bradley
Hick-Fil-A: Prejudice with a side of lies
What an idiot this CEO is. They're opening one in Peoria in a couple months and if people are picketing it I just might join them.

Anyway, you already know about Boston, Chicago, NYC etc threatening bans of HFA. But the Jim Henson Company, which was making Muppet toys for HFA kids meals, decided to join them in the outrage and released this statement:

Quote:The Jim Henson Company has celebrated and embraced diversity and inclusiveness for over fifty years and we have notified Chick-Fil-A that we do not wish to partner with them on any future endeavors. Lisa Henson, our CEO is personally a strong supporter of gay marriage and has directed us to donate the payment we received from Chick-Fil-A to GLAAD.

... after which HFA starts posting this in windows, and alerting parents that Muppet toys are a "potential safety concern":

[Image: Chickfila.png-large]

Either this is an astounding coincidence or HFA is run by Mitt Romney's campaign managers.
07-25-2012 04:35 PM
Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
Advertisement

UConn-SMU Offline
often wrong, never in doubt

I Root For: the AAC
RE: Hick-Fil-A: Prejudice with a side of lies
What did he say that was so offensive? That the traditional American family (a father, mother, and children) was worth supporting?

It's sad that a statement like that is now considered controversial by some on the left fringe.

That family arrangement is not the only way to raise children, but it is the best. I see no controversy.
07-25-2012 04:48 PM
49RFootballNow Offline
He who walks without rhythm

I Root For: Charlotte 49ers
Their food is delicious, I plan to keep eating it.
07-25-2012 04:54 PM
Hambone10 Offline
Hooter

I Root For: My Kids

New Orleans BowlDonatorsThe Parliament Awards
meh... you don't want to support them, don't. It's called freedom, democrats. The freedom to believe differently and "pay" the consequences. He's not open on Sundays. I'm sure that costs him business. He doesn't support homosexuality, though clearly (by the fact that there are no lawsuits and my local store features a drive through hostess who is CLEARLY in drag) he doesn't violate any law. It costs him business as well I'm certain. So what? I don't go to chic-fil-a because I support the CEOs personal beliefs. I go there for food.

I just find it amazingly stupid that democrats so often want to legislate against peoples beliefs, and then get mad when people want to legislate against theirs. Freedom means putting up with people you disagree with. Deal with it.
07-25-2012 05:01 PM
THE NC Herd Fan Offline
Hall of Famer

I Root For: Marshall
(07-25-2012 04:48 PM)UConn-SMU Wrote:  What did he say that was so offensive? That the traditional American family (a father, mother, and children) was worth supporting?

It's sad that a statement like that is now considered controversial by some on the left fringe.

That family arrangement is not the only way to raise children, but it is the best. I see no controversy.

The Chic-Fil-A CEO said NOTHING WRONG.

It's the GAY AGENDA NAZI'S ready to force everyone to accept their choosen lifestyle. There is NO ROOM for differing opinions with the GAY AGENDA crowd. If you think gay marriage is wrong, you are a bigot.
07-25-2012 05:01 PM
Max Power Offline
Not Rod Carey

(07-25-2012 04:48 PM)UConn-SMU Wrote:  What did he say that was so offensive? That the traditional American family (a father, mother, and children) was worth supporting?

It's not "pro" anything. His millions in contributions to anti gay activist groups (that for instance calls gays "perverse" and claim "pedophilia is a "homosexual problem.") were bad enough, but he doubled down on the donations by calling gay marriage "arrogant."

http://equalitymatters.org/blog/201207180002
Quote:Chick-Fil-A President Dan Cathy has described gay marriage supporters as "arrogant" for going against God on marriage.

In an interview on the Ken Coleman Show, Cathy defended his company's support of groups opposed to marriage equality.

"I think we are inviting God's judgment on our nation when we shake our fist at him and say, 'We know better than you as to what constitutes a marriage,'" Cathy said. "And I pray God's mercy on our generation that has such a prideful, arrogant attitude to think that we have the audacity to define what marriage is about."

Then he gloated on Twitter about riling up the gays...

[Image: 2012.7.18.dancathytweet.jpg]
07-25-2012 05:07 PM
Advertisement

UofMemphis Away
Official MT.org Ambassador of Smack

I Root For: Univ of Memphis

Donators
(07-25-2012 05:01 PM)THE NC Herd Fan Wrote:  

The Chic-Fil-A CEO said NOTHING WRONG.

It's the GAY AGENDA NAZI'S ready to force everyone to accept their choosen lifestyle. There is NO ROOM for differing opinions with the GAY AGENDA crowd. If you think gay marriage is wrong, you are a bigot.

tin foil alert!
07-25-2012 05:10 PM
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
Max Power Offline
Not Rod Carey

(07-25-2012 05:01 PM)Hambone10 Wrote:  meh... you don't want to support them, don't. It's called freedom, democrats. The freedom to believe differently and "pay" the consequences. He's not open on Sundays. I'm sure that costs him business. He doesn't support homosexuality, though clearly (by the fact that there are no lawsuits and my local store features a drive through hostess who is CLEARLY in drag) he doesn't violate any law. It costs him business as well I'm certain. So what? I don't go to chic-fil-a because I support the CEOs personal beliefs. I go there for food.

I just find it amazingly stupid that democrats so often want to legislate against peoples beliefs, and then get mad when people want to legislate against theirs. Freedom means putting up with people you disagree with. Deal with it.

"Freedom" used to mean keeping whatever races you wanted out of your restaurant. The freedom to discriminate is not a virtue.
07-25-2012 05:11 PM
maximus Offline
Hall of Famer

I Root For: MEMPHIS

:clap2:
07-25-2012 05:42 PM
ETSUfan1 Offline
SoCon / ETSU Mod

I Root For: ETSU Football

Donators
I worked at Chick-Fil-A for 5 years while in high school and college. They used to have a deal where if you brought in a church bulletin, you got a free chicken sandwich on a certain day. A lady came in and said it was unfair that since she was an athiest, she couldn't get a free sandwich. She threatened to lawyer up and sue because of it.

Needless to say that went nowhere.

I was treated well while I worked there and even received a scholarship from them one semester. If you don't like Chick-Fil-A, you are free to eat somewhere else.
(This post was last modified: 07-25-2012 07:06 PM by ETSUfan1.)
07-25-2012 05:50 PM
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
200yrs2late Offline
Resident Parrothead

I Root For: East Carolina
(07-25-2012 05:01 PM)Hambone10 Wrote:  meh... you don't want to support them, don't. It's called freedom, democrats. The freedom to believe differently and "pay" the consequences. He's not open on Sundays. I'm sure that costs him business. He doesn't support homosexuality, though clearly (by the fact that there are no lawsuits and my local store features a drive through hostess who is CLEARLY in drag) he doesn't violate any law. It costs him business as well I'm certain. So what? I don't go to chic-fil-a because I support the CEOs personal beliefs. I go there for food.

+2
It's truely amazing the the political party that preaches tolerance and acceptance doesn't have the abiltity to accept, much less tolerate, anyone who's opinion differs from their own.
07-25-2012 06:21 PM
Advertisement

200yrs2late Offline
Resident Parrothead

I Root For: East Carolina
(07-25-2012 05:11 PM)Max Power Wrote:  

"Freedom" used to mean keeping whatever races you wanted out of your restaurant. The freedom to discriminate is not a virtue.

How are his personal beliefs and feeling about gays discriminating against them? Chick Fil-A doesn't discriminate against gays. They are fee to eat there and work there if they like and I have seen many doing so.
Is he also discriminating against atheists since Chick Fil-A is closed on Sundays?
07-25-2012 06:25 PM
I'mMoreAwesomeThanYou Offline
Medium Pimping

I Root For: America
Re: Hick-Fil-A: Prejudice with a side of lies
He discriminating against fatty's who want to eat there on Sunday. They should sue. I for one will probably buy 20 or 30k worth of stock because I don't like eating with gays either.

BY READING THIS POST YOU RECOGNIZE THAT IMATY IS THE LAST GREAT CRUSADER FOR TRUTH AND JUSTICE SO HELP YOU GOD.
07-25-2012 06:50 PM
OLD DIRTY Offline
Banned

I Root For: Old Dominion
I find it hard to believe homos would put poop covered weiners in their mouth, but pass up a chicken sandwich.

Gays demand compassion while denying it from others. No compassion here.
07-25-2012 07:28 PM
Bull_In_Exile Offline
Eternal Pessimist

I Root For: The Underdog
(07-25-2012 05:11 PM)Max Power Wrote:  

"Freedom" used to mean keeping whatever races you wanted out of your restaurant .

Im sorry is he keeping Gays out of his restaurants?

Quote:The freedom to discriminate is not a virtue.

Freedom to call a person a SeeYouNextTuseday for a laugh is not a virtue either. But people on the left love to do it about Conservative Women..

Not all freedom is pretty, and if you want to picket them, God love you. I've got no issues with Pickets, boycotts, strikes.... But when the Govt says "You have to beleive X or else"
07-25-2012 07:50 PM
Crebman Offline
Heisman

I Root For:
Ya know - IMATY & OD, some people on here will fail to see the humor......... but not me.
07-25-2012 07:53 PM
Advertisement

Cletus Offline
Hall of Famer

I Root For: Memphis
(07-25-2012 04:40 PM)UofMemphis Wrote:  I posted this on our political forum...

I hear Chick Fil A is starting a new add campaign:

[Image: eatmordix.jpg]

Are you being intolerant?

Apparently we’re not allowed an opinion anymore, especially when it has something to do with GOD, the Bible, and our religious beliefs. It IS all about religious freedom, and most Christians (except for the Westboro Baptist Church) – don’t express anything but love for their fellow man.

We do, in that same spirit of love, when we warn people about risky sexual behaviors that homosexuals engage in- that can be life threatening.

Being that this country was founded on the very basic tenets of religious freedom, I’m finding their intolerance out of place and uncomfortable. But the only people we’re worried about offending are homosexuals and their friends – the majority of people are offended every day with this kind of ridiculousness.

07-25-2012 08:04 PM
hburg Offline

I Root For: James Madison
Re: Hick-Fil-A: Prejudice with a side of lies
Glad the CEO spoke his mind and isn't bending to pressure. They will have my support for now on. Good job chick-fil-a CEO!
(This post was last modified: 07-25-2012 08:09 PM by hburg.)
07-25-2012 08:08 PM
Bull_In_Exile Offline
Eternal Pessimist

I Root For: The Underdog
(07-25-2012 08:08 PM)jmufan Wrote:  Glad the CEO spoke his mind and isn't bending to pressure. They will have my support for now on. Good job chick-fil-a CEO!

Mine as well... I've never been one for Chicken Sandwiches but if they hit my neck of the woods I will be sure to give them a try
07-25-2012 08:11 PM
hburg Offline

I Root For: James Madison
Re: RE: Hick-Fil-A: Prejudice with a side of lies
(07-25-2012 08:04 PM)Cletus Wrote:  
(07-25-2012 04:40 PM)UofMemphis Wrote:  I posted this on our political forum...

I hear Chick Fil A is starting a new add campaign:

[Image: eatmordix.jpg]

Are you being intolerant?

Apparently we’re not allowed an opinion anymore, especially when it has something to do with GOD, the Bible, and our religious beliefs. It IS all about religious freedom, and most Christians (except for the Westboro Baptist Church) – don’t express anything but love for their fellow man.

We do, in that same spirit of love, when we warn people about risky sexual behaviors that homosexuals engage in- that can be life threatening.

Being that this country was founded on the very basic tenets of religious freedom, I’m finding their intolerance out of place and uncomfortable. But the only people we’re worried about offending are homosexuals and their friends – the majority of people are offended every day with this kind of ridiculousness.

Funny how so many people preach tolerance, but when it comes to the Christian faith they are INTOLERANT of Christians and their beliefs. These are the same people that will have stickers of all the religious symbols that spell out tolerance, but in reality are intolerant.

On the homosexual lifestyle, it has been proven time and time again that more people die of diseases and die early because of that risky behavior. Yes, heterosexuals die to because of risky behavior, but the numbers are higher if you are a homosexual, especially if you are a male homosexual.
07-25-2012 08:16 PM

User(s) browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)

Copyright © 2002-2024 Collegiate Sports Nation Bulletin Board System (CSNbbs), All Rights Reserved.
CSNbbs is an independent fan site and is in no way affiliated to the NCAA or any of the schools and conferences it represents.
This site monetizes links. FTC Disclosure.
We allow third-party companies to serve ads and/or collect certain anonymous information when you visit our web site. These companies may use non-personally identifiable information (e.g., click stream information, browser type, time and date, subject of advertisements clicked or scrolled over) during your visits to this and other Web sites in order to provide advertisements about goods and services likely to be of greater interest to you. These companies typically use a cookie or third party web beacon to collect this information. To learn more about this behavioral advertising practice or to opt-out of this type of advertising, you can visit http://www.networkadvertising.org.