Hello There, Guest! (LoginRegister)

ETSU's Pathway to Excellence
Bookmark and Share
Buc66 Offline
All American

I Root For: ETSU Bucs
ETSU's Pathway to Excellence
This is the Pathway to Excellence Athletic Capital Campaign underway at East Tennessee State University:

http://www.etsubucs.com/athletics/capitalcampaign/
07-12-2012 03:18 PM
Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
Advertisement

Buc66 Offline
All American

RE: ETSU's Pathway to Excellence
Will someone from the ETSU athletic department or someone close to that department come on here and tell us where we can go to find out how much of this $81 million athletic capital campaign has been raised since it was announced in 2004 and how this money has been used to fund these capital athletic projects to date.
07-12-2012 07:07 PM
abuc90 Offline
Special Teams

I Root For: ETSU
Perhaps the Pathway to Excellence ran into bad weather and big rocks.
07-12-2012 10:31 PM
BucSinceTheSixties Away
Special Teams

I Root For: Bucs
BREAKING NEWS:
Basketball Bucs "Shooting High" for Court With A View

[Image: normal_preparing-backboard.jpg]

In a ceremony earlier today, ETSU's A.D. Mullins cut-the-ribbon as new construction begins for an embarrassing outdoor facility to house both men's and women's basketball programs. "We are truely excited that ETSU will be leading the NCAA in modern outdoor mountain-top/off-campus arenas," said Mullins. The new arena, personally designed by Mullins himself, will feature a concrete court, metal backboards, log cabin restrooms/concessions/locker rooms, and split-log seats for any fan willing to put up with it. As Mullins explains, "this kind of design will most assuredly have us laughed-out of the A-Sun, thus causing us to fall into further obscurity. This will be my pinnacle achievement of the 'Pathway to Excellence' for ETSU athletics."

The pathway Mullins mentions, as fans will find out, is actually a 3.5 mile rustic trail winding its way to the top of Buffalo Mountain as the only route to the new outdoor arena. Mullins said the building project is already underway and should be completed in time for the upcoming season.

Obviously, I'm joking here. But at this point, would such a news story really surprise any of us?

(This post was last modified: 07-13-2012 12:00 AM by BucSinceTheSixties.)
07-12-2012 11:31 PM
Advertisement

Seattle Bucs Offline
Bench Warmer

I Root For: ETSU
Do you think ETSU could build the Performing Arts Center next to it? Maybe use a revival tent since money is tight??
07-13-2012 10:39 AM
BucSinceTheSixties Away
Special Teams

[Image: 13865090_BG1.jpg]

They've been talking about football for 2 years . . . and now they're selling the t-shirts! I wonder if that's a clue that they completed their feasibility study?

This plan (copied below) - - that I'm dubbing as "FGCU's Pathway to Excellence" - - was published about 1 1/2 years ago in this http://www.naplesnews.com/news/2011/jan/...tion-spor/ article:

The timeline on deciding to not go with an FCS program or to begin one:

■ Deliberation years: Research, forums and the marketing assessment

■ Decision year: The president makes a recommendation to the Trustees. If that is to proceed and the Trustees agree, then the implementation phase begins. Facilities would be designed, conference options discussed, fund-raising begins in earnest, etc.

■ Preparation year: A head coach and four assistants are hired, a scholarship class of 16 is recruited and facilities construction begins.

■ Practice Year: No games will be played, but practice matchups against NCAA teams would begin. More coaches and staff would be hired and the recruiting for the second class of 32 would begin.

■ Play Year 1: FGCU would play NCAA and NAIA games, and recruit for a class of 48.

■ Play Year 2: FGCU would be in a conference with a schedule and recruitment of the fourth class — a full allotment of 63 — would begin.

■ Play Year 3: FGCU would field a full scholarship team of 63 athletes and be eligible for the FCS postseason.
(This post was last modified: 07-25-2012 03:07 AM by BucSinceTheSixties.)
07-25-2012 02:59 AM
One Of The Last Buc Linemen Offline
Banned

(07-25-2012 02:59 AM)BucSinceTheSixties Wrote:  [Image: 13865090_BG1.jpg]

They've been talking about football for 2 years . . . and now they're selling the t-shirts! I wonder if that's a clue that they completed their feasibility study?

This plan (copied below) - - that I'm dubbing as "FGCU's Pathway to Excellence" - - was published about 1 1/2 years ago in this http://www.naplesnews.com/news/2011/jan/...tion-spor/ article:

The timeline on deciding to not go with an FCS program or to begin one:

■ Deliberation years: Research, forums and the marketing assessment

■ Decision year: The president makes a recommendation to the Trustees. If that is to proceed and the Trustees agree, then the implementation phase begins. Facilities would be designed, conference options discussed, fund-raising begins in earnest, etc.

■ Preparation year: A head coach and four assistants are hired, a scholarship class of 16 is recruited and facilities construction begins.

■ Practice Year: No games will be played, but practice matchups against NCAA teams would begin. More coaches and staff would be hired and the recruiting for the second class of 32 would begin.

■ Play Year 1: FGCU would play NCAA and NAIA games, and recruit for a class of 48.

■ Play Year 2: FGCU would be in a conference with a schedule and recruitment of the fourth class — a full allotment of 63 — would begin.

■ Play Year 3: FGCU would field a full scholarship team of 63 athletes and be eligible for the FCS postseason.

coast wont get football. too much plan not enough stadium building
07-25-2012 11:55 PM
BucSinceTheSixties Away
Special Teams

(07-12-2012 03:18 PM)Buc66 Wrote:  This is the Pathway to Excellence Athletic Capital Campaign underway at East Tennessee State University:

http://www.etsubucs.com/athletics/capitalcampaign/

Buc66:

I ran across this news tidbit about University of Nebraska-Omaha posted last year. Their president and AD mysteriously dropped football and their national championship wrestling program. Their excuse for this was that the programs would cost too much as they move from D-II into the D-I Summitt League. Here's an excerpt:

In public statements, Alberts said the football program was losing $1.3 million a year. However, according to financial statements filed with the NCAA that "Outside the Lines" obtained through public records requests, the football program was short $50,500 in revenue, and the wrestling program was ahead by $143,000 for the 2009-10 fiscal year.

Where Alberts seems to be making his argument is by not counting the $1.2 million that the football program receives from student fees and direct funds from the university, according to the NCAA report.

I encourage you to watch the 7 minute video via this link. It is an oddly familiar story, and a very sad one as well.

http://sports.espn.go.com/espn/otl/news/...id=6488960

I wonder what the donor thought who dropped $1,000,000 for a new video board in their football stadium just the previous year? I bet that guy was very happy.
09-05-2012 11:26 PM

User(s) browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)

Copyright © 2002-2024 Collegiate Sports Nation Bulletin Board System (CSNbbs), All Rights Reserved.
CSNbbs is an independent fan site and is in no way affiliated to the NCAA or any of the schools and conferences it represents.
This site monetizes links. FTC Disclosure.
We allow third-party companies to serve ads and/or collect certain anonymous information when you visit our web site. These companies may use non-personally identifiable information (e.g., click stream information, browser type, time and date, subject of advertisements clicked or scrolled over) during your visits to this and other Web sites in order to provide advertisements about goods and services likely to be of greater interest to you. These companies typically use a cookie or third party web beacon to collect this information. To learn more about this behavioral advertising practice or to opt-out of this type of advertising, you can visit http://www.networkadvertising.org.