Hello There, Guest! (LoginRegister)

Dyer Waiver Request
Bookmark and Share
chiefsfan Offline
No Seriously, they let me be a mod

I Root For: ASU
Dyer Waiver Request
Supposedly ASU heard back from the NCAA just recently on Dyer. Either way I would expect an official announcement sometime soon.

I dont play with odds, so I am not going to speculate on what we heard.

All rumors of course...but this rumor does appear to have sprouted some legs.
06-29-2012 07:24 PM
Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
Advertisement

Fanof49ASU Offline
Heisman

I Root For: stAte
RE: Dyer Waiver Request
I've heard. 03-shhhh
06-29-2012 07:35 PM
warhawk09 Offline
1st String

I Root For: Bob
Huge joke if NCAA allows him to play this year
06-29-2012 09:42 PM
CardinalBlackTrojan Offline

I Root For: TROY
I wanna know.
06-29-2012 10:09 PM
Crump1 Offline
All American

(06-29-2012 09:42 PM)warhawk09 Wrote:  Huge joke if NCAA allows him to play this year
Why is that? Did you review the application?
06-29-2012 10:21 PM
warhawk09 Offline
1st String

Don't care what it said. Everybody knows why he left Auburn and it wasn't family.
06-29-2012 10:34 PM
Advertisement

statefanatic Offline
Howl at the Moon

(06-29-2012 10:34 PM)warhawk09 Wrote:  Don't care what it said. Everybody knows why he left Auburn and it wasn't family.

He left Auburn because his uncle who is a police officer told him to get back home to Arkansas before he ended up getting in real trouble. His uncle also wanted to be able to keep a better eye on him. Dyer was hanging with the wrong people in Auburn and needed to get away from them fast. Him leaving had nothing to do with his suspension. I hate it when people think they know the facts.
06-29-2012 11:49 PM
chiefsfan Offline

(06-29-2012 10:34 PM)warhawk09 Wrote:  Don't care what it said. Everybody knows why he left Auburn and it wasn't family.

Dyer got the heck out of dodge before he ended up in serious trouble. He also wanted to be closer to his family. Considering I've seen players transfer back using the same excuse, I could see how he would be approved.
06-30-2012 12:46 AM
HerdZoned Offline
Hall of Famer

I Root For: The Herd

Folding@NCAAbbsCrappiesCrappiesCrappies
(06-29-2012 11:49 PM)statefanatic Wrote:  

He left Auburn because his uncle who is a police officer told him to get back home to Arkansas before he ended up getting in real trouble. His uncle also wanted to be able to keep a better eye on him. Dyer was hanging with the wrong people in Auburn and needed to get away from them fast. Him leaving had nothing to do with his suspension. I hate it when people think they know the facts.

If that is true then he doesn't fall under a hardship waiver. He should sit just like a reg. transfer. If his uncle would have been injured in the line of duty and he came back to take care of him then thats a reasonable request. But nothing like that happened.
06-30-2012 01:17 AM
warhawk09 Offline
1st String

None of that should be acceptable to not sit a year. His uncle can keep a real good eye on him as he is not playing. If Dyer is allowed to play, the NCAA is one step closer to free agency.
06-30-2012 07:39 AM
Seminole Indian Offline
All American

I Root For: Texas
(06-30-2012 01:17 AM)HerdZoned Wrote:  

If that is true then he doesn't fall under a hardship waiver. He should sit just like a reg. transfer. If his uncle would have been injured in the line of duty and he came back to take care of him then thats a reasonable request. But nothing like that happened.

I think he has another family member with severe health problems, maybe his grandmother. Not sure what her role in his life was.

As far as his, Jarboe, Joiner and Oku’s being ‘thugs’, ASU fans, like those at Troy’s, are relying on the judgment of their coaches and thus far both coaching staffs judgment appears to be pretty sound.
06-30-2012 07:45 AM
Advertisement

Kwisatz100 Offline
Bench Warmer

I Root For: MTSU

It was not that the kid was hanging with the wrong people. He is 21 and was bad news the whole time he was at Auburn. Michael is very talented but has a lowsy attitude. He was more interested in smoking synthetic pot and being a thug. Ark. State got themselves a great talent but to make it sound like he left for family reasons is a joke.
06-30-2012 08:07 AM
chiefsfan Offline

(06-30-2012 08:07 AM)Kwisatz100 Wrote:  

It was not that the kid was hanging with the wrong people. He is 21 and was bad news the whole time he was at Auburn. Michael is very talented but has a lowsy attitude. He was more interested in smoking synthetic pot and being a thug. Ark. State got themselves a great talent but to make it sound like he left for family reasons is a joke.

Eh...can you blame us?

Unfortunately as someone said earlier, the NCAA is like Free Agency. If star players can move from big school to big school without penalty despite being essentially kicked off their last team because they found a couple courses that the new school offered that the old school didnt, then anyone can transfer.

Or if another guy can leave a big school because he wasnt playing, transfer to another big school nearly 4 hours from home because he could start there and claim that a family member he looked up to was ill, then Dyer has a chance.

If he gets approved, it wont be the first time, and it wont be the last. And trust me, I have no problem skirting around NCAA rules if everyone else does it anyway.
06-30-2012 08:55 AM
Kwisatz100 Offline
Bench Warmer

I Root For: MTSU
No, I don't (whoops left that word out)condem you at all for taking him. He is a great talent who might do better being close to home and everyone deserves a second chance. What I disagreed with is just saying he was a kid around some bad people. My other alma matter is Auburn so I have some contacts down there. He just went buck wild when he got away from home. If half the stories I heard are true, Aubun should of not let him played last year despite his talent.
(This post was last modified: 06-30-2012 01:13 PM by Kwisatz100.)
06-30-2012 09:41 AM
CardinalBlackTrojan Offline

I Root For: TROY
If Dyer gets a hardship waiver, then Lonnie Gosha at Troy needs to get one.
06-30-2012 10:09 AM
dahbeed Offline
Heisman

I Root For: wku toppahs!!!
well...michael bradley was denied a waiver and he had been in ZERO trouble. i'd be shocked if asu pulls this off.
06-30-2012 11:16 AM
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
Advertisement

Seminole Indian Offline
All American

I Root For: Texas
(06-30-2012 11:16 AM)dahbeed Wrote:  well...michael bradley was denied a waiver and he had been in ZERO trouble. i'd be shocked if asu pulls this off.

If the scuttlebutt up here is true they already have.
(This post was last modified: 06-30-2012 11:30 AM by Seminole Indian.)
06-30-2012 11:29 AM
Crump1 Offline
All American

As usual, everyone has a source and everyone knows the full story. None of you do.
06-30-2012 01:23 PM
statefanatic Offline
Howl at the Moon

(06-30-2012 08:07 AM)Kwisatz100 Wrote:  

You heard wrong. Thats all I'll say about that.
06-30-2012 01:46 PM
statefanatic Offline
Howl at the Moon

(06-30-2012 09:41 AM)Kwisatz100 Wrote:  No, I don't (whoops left that word out)condem you at all for taking him. He is a great talent who might do better being close to home and everyone deserves a second chance. What I disagreed with is just saying he was a kid around some bad people. My other alma matter is Auburn so I have some contacts down there. He just went buck wild when he got away from home. If half the stories I heard are true, Aubun should of not let him played last year despite his talent.

Again you have no clue.
06-30-2012 01:47 PM

User(s) browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)

Copyright © 2002-2024 Collegiate Sports Nation Bulletin Board System (CSNbbs), All Rights Reserved.
CSNbbs is an independent fan site and is in no way affiliated to the NCAA or any of the schools and conferences it represents.
This site monetizes links. FTC Disclosure.
We allow third-party companies to serve ads and/or collect certain anonymous information when you visit our web site. These companies may use non-personally identifiable information (e.g., click stream information, browser type, time and date, subject of advertisements clicked or scrolled over) during your visits to this and other Web sites in order to provide advertisements about goods and services likely to be of greater interest to you. These companies typically use a cookie or third party web beacon to collect this information. To learn more about this behavioral advertising practice or to opt-out of this type of advertising, you can visit http://www.networkadvertising.org.