Kent State Golden Flashes

Hello There, Guest! (LoginRegister)

KSU mens bball 2013 recruiting
GoFlashes7 Offline
1st String

I Root For: Kent State
KSU mens bball 2013 recruiting
Figured I would start a new thread for 2013 recruiting class. With Earvin Morris now coming this fall instead of next fall, KSU has 0 verbals for that class as of 06/28/13. With Evans and Holt, 2 would be the logical # for openings, but as was the case this year, you never know. Center & SF?

I checked a few of the websites today, to see if any of the recruiting analysts had posted any offers and/or players that KSU was targeting and here is what they had posted (I am sure they dont have all of the players Senderoff/staff are chasing):

***ESPN: Offers = http://espn.go.com/college-sports/basket...ordan-lauf
Prospects = http://espn.go.com/colleges/basketball/r...onsidering

***Scout.com:
Offers= Doesnt exist
Prospects= they still have Earvin Morris listed as a prospect for 2013

***Rivals.com:
Offers= I dont have a subscription, so I cant view the KSU offers for 2013 or any other year for that matter
Prospects =
-Guards=http://rivals.yahoo.com/kentstate/basketball/recruiting/recruit-search-results;_ylt=Ao5TpcMGKMghWsvegTlqrzQCsZB4?&sport=basketball&position=Guard&position_text=Guard&detail_text=&year=2013&college=Kent+State
-Forwards=http://rivals.yahoo.com/kentstate/basketball/recruiting/recruit-search-results;_ylt=AnZC8goWk_jx692zqwaDlVUCsZB4?&sport=basketball&position=Forward&position_text=Forward&detail_text=&year=2013&college=Kent+State
-Centers=http://rivals.yahoo.com/kentstate/basketball/recruiting/recruit-search-results;_ylt=AhPLpRjIVmRqj93vE1zQvYICsZB4?&sport=basketball&detail=Center&detail_text=Center&year=2013&college=Kent+State
06-29-2012 12:06 AM
Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
Advertisement

dannyb73 Offline
MAC CHAMPS

I Root For: Mem & Kent St
RE: KSU mens bball 2013 recruiting
Check out the following players:

Jaylen Reid
Dallas Ennema
Isaiah Johnson
Mark Williams
Kevin Johnson
06-29-2012 04:51 AM
joepa66 Offline
1st String

I know I posted this before....somewhere in here, but I cannot find it! Anders Broman, the 6'3" guard from Duluth, MN who scored 71 points in a single game and his team lost has an offer from Kent State along with 21 other schools including the likes of; Clemson, Creighton, Norther Iowa, Ohio, Oklahoma, VaTech, Yale.......with interest in KSU listed as "medium".
06-29-2012 03:44 PM
joepa66 Offline
1st String

Found this information about the names Danny posted above:

Jaylen Reid - 6'7" 185# F from Rock Hill, SC has "medium interest and offers from VCU, Auburn, Georgia, Georgia Tech, Winthrop

Dallas Enneman - 6'7" F from Iowa has offers from Iowa State, Iowa and Creighton and nothing about KSU mentioned. However, I do remember his name popping up during the season.

Isaiah Johnson - 6'9" 275# C from Cincinnati with "medium" interest in Kent and Akron and "high" interest in Xavier and offers from BC, Kentucky, Iowa, Notre Dame, Miami, OH.

Mark Williams - A 3star PF from Cleveland Benedictine at 6'8" 235# with offers from Kent, Dayton, George Mason, Indiana, N Illinois, South Florida, Central Florida and looks from Wisconsin, Xavier, Texas, West Virginia, Temple, Michigan State , Marquette.

Kevin Johnson - Committed to Cincinnati on 6/11/12. He had offers from 13 schools including the likes of Creighton, Kent, Davidson, DePaul, Minnesota, Ohio, St. Joe, Xavier, Wisconsin, Wake Forest, West Virginia and Seton Hall with looks from Tennessee, Dayton and several others.
06-29-2012 03:57 PM
joepa66 Offline
1st String

Found my links to the Kent offer to Broman:

RE: Scholarship Open Up on Men's Hoop Team
Flashes offer high scorer from Minnesota! You may remember him scoring 71 points in a game this year and his team LOST!

http://www.chicagotribune.com/sports/sns...0007.story

http://www.maxpreps.com/athletes/YuXYo0Y...broman.htm

http://www.rantsports.com/clubhouse/2012...eam-loses/

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NIPvDEymemo
06-29-2012 04:02 PM
dannyb73 Offline
MAC CHAMPS

(06-29-2012 03:57 PM)joepa66 Wrote:  Found this information about the names Danny posted above:

Jaylen Reid - 6'7" 185# F from Rock Hill, SC has "medium interest and offers from VCU, Auburn, Georgia, Georgia Tech, Winthrop

Dallas Enneman - 6'7" F from Iowa has offers from Iowa State, Iowa and Creighton and nothing about KSU mentioned. However, I do remember his name popping up during the season.

Isaiah Johnson - 6'9" 275# C from Cincinnati with "medium" interest in Kent and Akron and "high" interest in Xavier and offers from BC, Kentucky, Iowa, Notre Dame, Miami, OH.

Mark Williams - A 3star PF from Cleveland Benedictine at 6'8" 235# with offers from Kent, Dayton, George Mason, Indiana, N Illinois, South Florida, Central Florida and looks from Wisconsin, Xavier, Texas, West Virginia, Temple, Michigan State , Marquette.

Kevin Johnson - Committed to Cincinnati on 6/11/12. He had offers from 13 schools including the likes of Creighton, Kent, Davidson, DePaul, Minnesota, Ohio, St. Joe, Xavier, Wisconsin, Wake Forest, West Virginia and Seton Hall with looks from Tennessee, Dayton and several others.

Didn't know about Johnson committing to Cinci, but I am pretty sure all of the above have offers from us.
06-29-2012 07:00 PM
Advertisement

GoFlashes7 Offline
1st String

(06-29-2012 03:57 PM)joepa66 Wrote:  Found this information about the names Danny posted above:

Thanks JoePa66.
06-30-2012 10:54 AM
joepa66 Offline
1st String

Found another recruit offered by KSU:

http://rivals.yahoo.com/kentstate/basket...jgUiQCsZB4

He has offers from Jacksonville, KSU and Toledo and interest from larger schools but low or no interest in them:

Cent. Michigan Medium No Offer
Jacksonville Medium Offered
Kent St. Medium Offered
Oakland Medium No Offer
Toledo Medium Offered
W. Michigan Medium No Offer
Florida St. Low No Offer
Michigan St. Low No Offer
Stony Brook Low No Offer
Iowa None No Offer
Kansas None No Offer
LSU None No Offer
06-30-2012 01:29 PM
joepa66 Offline
1st String

And then there's the Jarekious Bradley factor! I've twittered with him a few times and he has indicated he is working his way back:

Joepa66
@MRunderrated31 You balling somewhere? Coming back to Kent?
12 Dec Jarekious bradley Jarekious bradley ‏@MRunderrated31

@Joepa66 yea I play for a juco n texas for a year
3:33 PM - 12 Dec 11 via TweetCaster for Android · Details
06-30-2012 01:44 PM
dannyb73 Offline
MAC CHAMPS

(06-30-2012 01:44 PM)joepa66 Wrote:  And then there's the Jarekious Bradley factor! I've twittered with him a few times and he has indicated he is working his way back:

Joepa66

Bradley is not coming back to KSU.
06-30-2012 01:54 PM
joepa66 Offline
1st String

Forgot about Derrick Gordon transferring from Western Kentucky, but he's gone onto UMass!

http://www.courier-journal.com/article/2...aded-UMass

http://www.cbssports.com/collegebasketba...ick-gordon
07-01-2012 02:06 PM
Advertisement

joepa66 Offline
1st String

(06-30-2012 01:54 PM)dannyb73 Wrote:  
(06-30-2012 01:44 PM)joepa66 Wrote:  And then there's the Jarekious Bradley factor! I've twittered with him a few times and he has indicated he is working his way back:

Joepa66

Bradley is not coming back to KSU.

Was hoping, but I knew his past did him in!
07-01-2012 02:07 PM
joepa66 Offline
1st String

Found another great free link to finding some recruit information. Here are several that I did not know about until today and it appears that we are running with the big boys in trying to land all our recruits which makes me feel good about the coaching staff's efforts.

http://kentstate.247sports.com/Recruit/O...Basketball

If you click on "# of schools" you can see the offers and interested schools.
07-01-2012 02:14 PM
joepa66 Offline
1st String

Elijah Brown is son of Lakers coach and former Cavs coach Mike Brown! Wish his dad were still with the Cavs....might make our shot a little more legit since San Diego, St. Mary's, Arizona and UCLA have also made offers and he may want to stay closer to "home" so pops can see him play. His dad is a San Diego alum.....
07-01-2012 02:19 PM
anti-zip Offline
All American

I Root For: kent state!
(07-01-2012 02:19 PM)joepa66 Wrote:  Elijah Brown is son of Lakers coach and former Cavs coach Mike Brown! Wish his dad were still with the Cavs....might make our shot a little more legit since San Diego, St. Mary's, Arizona and UCLA have also made offers and he may want to stay closer to "home" so pops can see him play. His dad is a San Diego alum.....

Brown's been listed as considering Kent since his dad was with the Cavs, I think he played for St. Eds. I guessed we had next to no chance at him back then. When he moved to Cali and started playing for Mater Dei (a big time HS basketball program) any hope went out the window. San Diego, St. Mary's, Arizona, and UCLA all showed up on his list shortly after the move and he went from a 3 star to a 4 star.

Pure pipe dream here, I believe.
(This post was last modified: 07-01-2012 02:28 PM by anti-zip.)
07-01-2012 02:26 PM
joepa66 Offline
1st String

07-01-2012 02:33 PM
Advertisement

GoFlashes7 Offline
1st String

Not sure how often ESPN updates their site for college mens basketball, but here are the 6 recruits that Senderoff/staff have offered for the 2013 class. Anyone know of other recruits that have been offered or if any of these are still targets for KSU?

http://espn.go.com/colleges/basketball/r...age/offers
09-07-2012 12:14 AM
dannyb73 Offline
MAC CHAMPS

I know of a few that aren't on the radar yet and recruiting is one thing I am real hesitant to talk about because if it means we might or might not get a certain player, then I err on the side of shutting my mouth (which I don't do all that often).
09-07-2012 10:13 AM
GoFlashes7 Offline
1st String

I was looking around the MAC schools in reference to mens basketball recruiting classes today to see who had recruits and if KSU was going after the recruits they have them committed through today.

A lot of the MAC schools have 2 & 3 commitments for this years recruiting class through today. KSU has none, but I am not sure if that is because the coaches are trying to evaluate all of the newcomers to see where those guys stand or if KSU has lost out on some of the commitments they were after and are trying to target different recruits? I saw that a few of the schools (ESPN and Rivals is where I saw them) showed KSU lost out on a few recruits, but I am not sure how accurate that information is. Does anyone know any further information or updates in terms of recruiting other than what Rivals & ESPN have posted? I would have to imagine that Senderoff/staff will be hosting their important targets this weekend as it is homecoming and has a home football game to showcase the campus/facilities to the potential recruits. Are Senderoff/staff trying to fill 2 or 3 scholarships with this class? (I know that Holt & Evans are graduating, but each year, there is roster attrition)

With Evans and Holt being lost to graduation after this season and being 2 of the "Veterans" on this years squad, this recruiting class and the development of the players on the current roster is really important if KSU is to bounce back and get to the top of the East over OU & the team 15 minutes away down 76W.
09-23-2012 07:12 PM
MACFAN Offline
Bench Warmer

I Root For: MAC
GoFlashes7....The team 15 minutes away down 76W got their 4th verbal today. The Akron verbals are B.J. Gladden, Aaron Jackson, Isaiah Johnson and Kwan Cheatham. I believe they are the first MAC school to get their verbal quota. Finishing the recruiting task first doesn't make it the best class but the Flashes need to show some progress in the next two weeks.
09-24-2012 06:56 PM

User(s) browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)

Copyright © 2002-2024 Collegiate Sports Nation Bulletin Board System (CSNbbs), All Rights Reserved.
CSNbbs is an independent fan site and is in no way affiliated to the NCAA or any of the schools and conferences it represents.
This site monetizes links. FTC Disclosure.
We allow third-party companies to serve ads and/or collect certain anonymous information when you visit our web site. These companies may use non-personally identifiable information (e.g., click stream information, browser type, time and date, subject of advertisements clicked or scrolled over) during your visits to this and other Web sites in order to provide advertisements about goods and services likely to be of greater interest to you. These companies typically use a cookie or third party web beacon to collect this information. To learn more about this behavioral advertising practice or to opt-out of this type of advertising, you can visit http://www.networkadvertising.org.