Hello There, Guest! (LoginRegister)

Boise State's Beat Writer Brian Murphy will join us @7:30 EST on Lville's ESPN radio
Villecard Offline
Special Teams

I Root For: Louisville
Boise State's Beat Writer Brian Murphy will join us @7:30 EST on Lville's ESPN radio
*Brian Murphy of the Idaho Statesmen will discuss the latest on Boise’s stance on either staying in the Mountain West or joining the Big East as well how the new playoff system factors in for schools outside the "Big 5". Podcast will be on louisvillesportslive.net.

*You can stream live on espnlouisville.com. Hit us up at (502) 267-9680 and on twitter @LvilleSprtsLive
(This post was last modified: 06-27-2012 12:18 PM by Villecard.)
06-27-2012 12:07 PM
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
Advertisement

War Torn Ruston Offline
Banned

I Root For: Boise State
RE: Boise State's Beat Writer Brian Murphy will join us @7:30 EST on Lville's ESPN radio
He is on right now in Boise and he is saying what we already know. That nothing is confirmed either way. He still thinks Boise is gonna still try and get in the Big East so they might go past the deadline and take a chance. But he also says he gets a different take every hour.
06-27-2012 12:24 PM
Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
apex_pirate Offline
All American

I Root For: East Carolina
RE: Boise State's Beat Writer Brian Murphy will join us @7:30 EST on Lville's ESPN radio
Not sure the beat writer can answer this but my personal questions to Boise St. are...

If the Big East's access is relegated back to the current non-AQ pack, will the prospective TV money still be there for the Big East when it comes to contract negotiations or will the Big East's worth continue to plummet in that regard too?

At what $ point in TV revenue does Boise St. draw the line and say "If it goes below, that we don't want to move."

Since none of the TV $$$ information will be finalized before July 1, does Boise St. really need to make a decision before that date or can they afford to wait longer? How steep will the payout to the MWC be if the go past July 1 without withdrawing? Is that payout reasonably offset even if they go past July 1 without withdrawing?

I'm sure I could come up with a few more but the Boise St. situation is a very interesting one.
06-27-2012 12:32 PM
Advertisement

Goldenbuc Offline
1st String

I Root For: UCF
(06-27-2012 12:32 PM)apex_pirate Wrote:  Not sure the beat writer can answer this but my personal questions to Boise St. are...

If the Big East's access is relegated back to the current non-AQ pack, will the prospective TV money still be there for the Big East when it comes to contract negotiations or will the Big East's worth continue to plummet in that regard too?

At what $ point in TV revenue does Boise St. draw the line and say "If it goes below, that we don't want to move."

Since none of the TV $$$ information will be finalized before July 1, does Boise St. really need to make a decision before that date or can they afford to wait longer? How steep will the payout to the MWC be if the go past July 1 without withdrawing? Is that payout reasonably offset even if they go past July 1 without withdrawing?

I'm sure I could come up with a few more but the Boise St. situation is a very interesting one.

They payouts would be VERY steep and more than they'd ever make in the MWC in over 10-12 years.
06-27-2012 12:37 PM
bearcatlawjd Offline
All American

I Root For: UC
I can't Boise State see making the playoff with the Mountain West's schedule. Cincinnati, Houston, Louisville, Rutgers, UConn, USF, UCF, Navy, and SMU are better than anything left in that conference and the Big will probably just pick up Southern Miss, ECU, and whatever solid programs are still out there.

A conference that looks like C-USA V.1 is still better than a conference that looks like the watered down WAC.
06-27-2012 12:47 PM
apex_pirate Offline
All American

I Root For: East Carolina
(06-27-2012 12:37 PM)Goldenbuc Wrote:  
(06-27-2012 12:32 PM)apex_pirate Wrote:  Not sure the beat writer can answer this but my personal questions to Boise St. are...

They payouts would be VERY steep and more than they'd ever make in the MWC in over 10-12 years.

I think you misunderstood my question but I follow your line of thinking. I'm of the opinion that it is MUCH too early to declare how much money Boise St. would make in the Big East.

IMO, what needs to be answered for Boise St. is how does the Big East's position, when it comes to playoff access, affect the TV value going forward? I certainly don't know, but I'm guessing this is part of the reason (Olympics Sports is the other) for the lack of MWC withdrawal.

Somehow I think it all works out for Boise St. and they head to the Big East. There are just alot of free flowing factors that don't coincide with a favorable timeline (Boise's or the Big East's).
06-27-2012 12:52 PM

User(s) browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)

Copyright © 2002-2024 Collegiate Sports Nation Bulletin Board System (CSNbbs), All Rights Reserved.
CSNbbs is an independent fan site and is in no way affiliated to the NCAA or any of the schools and conferences it represents.
This site monetizes links. FTC Disclosure.
We allow third-party companies to serve ads and/or collect certain anonymous information when you visit our web site. These companies may use non-personally identifiable information (e.g., click stream information, browser type, time and date, subject of advertisements clicked or scrolled over) during your visits to this and other Web sites in order to provide advertisements about goods and services likely to be of greater interest to you. These companies typically use a cookie or third party web beacon to collect this information. To learn more about this behavioral advertising practice or to opt-out of this type of advertising, you can visit http://www.networkadvertising.org.