Hello There, Guest! (LoginRegister)

My Jag Friends ...
Bookmark and Share
FIU4Ever Offline

I Root For: FIU
My Jag Friends ...
Y'all need to get comfortable with your record. It is what it is.

If you guys don't win a game this season, people will say its because your past years schedule wasn't tough enough. If you have a successful season, people will say it was because you had the luxury of hand picking your seasons. I glanced at your schedule and saw Hargreave, we got a couple of BB players from there so I know it was a prep school. I throw that out and y'all fill in the rest. Now anyone who wants to get under your skin knows what to say. 03-shhhh

UTSA will have to live with the chicken promo, regardless of how many butts it actually brought it. GSU cross to bear is the picture of an empty dome, even if it was only one game and all the others were sold out. All belt members have one of more talking points against the other members (I was gonna add one for the Owls but OwlFamily had my back today, unfortunately 01-lauramac2).

The good thing about FIU's journey is we have heard it all by now. So just get comfortable with it, it not gonna change.

I am going to dinner now, thank you all for an entertaining day. 04-cheers
06-26-2012 04:39 PM
Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
Advertisement

Tiguar Offline
All American

I Root For: South Alabama
RE: My Jag Friends ...
if we don't win a game this season people will say its because we are transitioning from FCS to FBS. A vast majority of USA fans believe a 2-win season is most likely and it could go +/- either way. I don't think many expect us to take the belt by storm.

knowing how to get under our skin is not some huge secret, jags are a very defensive and protective fan base.

I'm glad you are so concerned with us you have to make a thread dedicated to jags, thank you for your interest in USA athletics

have fun in coosa
(This post was last modified: 06-26-2012 04:49 PM by Tiguar.)
06-26-2012 04:46 PM
BLEEDITRED Offline
Sun Belt Nationalist

(06-26-2012 04:46 PM)Tiguar Wrote:  if we don't win a game this season people will say its because we are transitioning from FCS to FBS. A vast majority of USA fans believe a 2-win season is most likely and it could go +/- either way. I don't think many expect us to take the belt by storm.

knowing how to get under our skin is not some huge secret, jags are a very defensive and protective fan base.

I'm glad you are so concerned with us you have to make a thread dedicated to jags, thank you for your interest in USA athletics

have fun in coosa

+1

Has nothing to do with getting under our skin though, FIU, but rather correcting ignorant speech that purports to somehow indict or question the legitimacy of our program and how we've gotten to where we are.

To steal from our Cajun friends (and Tiguar above) . . .

THANK YOU FOR YOUR INTEREST IN THE UNIVERSITY OF SOUTH ALABAMA!!
06-26-2012 04:52 PM
FIU4Ever Offline

(06-26-2012 04:46 PM)Tiguar Wrote:  if we don't win a game this season people will say its because we are transitioning from FCS to FBS. A vast majority of USA fans believe a 2-win season is most likely and it could go +/- either way. I don't think many expect us to take the belt by storm.

have fun in coosa

That is 2013, we intend to have fun in the belt this year.
06-26-2012 04:58 PM
Tiguar Offline
All American

of course, I just meant in due time.
06-26-2012 04:59 PM
Tom in Lazybrook Offline
Hall of Famer

I Root For: So Alabama, GWU
(06-26-2012 04:39 PM)FIU4Ever Wrote:  Y'all need to get comfortable with your record. It is what it is.

If you guys don't win a game this season, people will say its because your past years schedule wasn't tough enough. If you have a successful season, people will say it was because you had the luxury of hand picking your seasons. I glanced at your schedule and saw Hargreave, we got a couple of BB players from there so I know it was a prep school. I throw that out and y'all fill in the rest. Now anyone who wants to get under your skin knows what to say. 03-shhhh

UTSA will have to live with the chicken promo, regardless of how many butts it actually brought it. GSU cross to bear is the picture of an empty dome, even if it was only one game and all the others were sold out. All belt members have one of more talking points against the other members (I was gonna add one for the Owls but OwlFamily had my back today, unfortunately 01-lauramac2).

The good thing about FIU's journey is we have heard it all by now. So just get comfortable with it, it not gonna change.

And you should be comfortable with your record as well. A 6-6 regular season with an 0-4 OOC regular season record and last years third place Sun Belt finish featuring a spectacular 4th quarter collapse against Duke at home and a beatdown by Marshall in a bowl game.

Should we even begin to discuss FIU basketball? FYI, when was the last time a SBC team not named South Alabama got an at large NCAA bid?

Best of luck in C-USA and having a schedule filled with teams no better than in the Belt. You'll probably be as competitive in CUSA as you have been in the SBC so long as you can hang onto your coach.

Think before you come after us. Or question the dues South Alabama has paid as a 35 year member of this conference.
06-26-2012 06:23 PM
Advertisement

FIU4Ever Offline

(06-26-2012 06:23 PM)Tom in Lazybrook Wrote:  
(06-26-2012 04:39 PM)FIU4Ever Wrote:  Y'all need to get comfortable with your record. It is what it is.

And you should be comfortable with your record as well. A 6-6 regular season with an 0-4 OOC regular season record and last years third place Sun Belt finish featuring a spectacular 4th quarter collapse against Duke at home and a beatdown by Marshall in a bowl game.

Should we even begin to discuss FIU basketball? FYI, when was the last time a SBC team not named South Alabama got an at large NCAA bid?

Best of luck in C-USA and having a schedule filled with teams no better than in the Belt. You'll probably be as competitive in CUSA as you have been in the SBC so long as you can hang onto your coach.

Think before you come after us. Or question the dues South Alabama has paid as a 35 year member of this conference.

Just for the record, Tom, I'm comfortable with FIU record in ALL SPORTS, Tom. I'm comfortable with our 0-12 season, Tom. I'm comfortable with the follow up season of 1-11, Tom. Do you know why, Tom? We got better because of it.

I'm comfortable with our 0-4 OOC in 2010, because we followed that up with 6-2 performance in conference, the sun belt title and a bowl win. I'm comfortable with our 0-4 OOC in 2010 because we followed that up with 3-1 OOC in 2011 with wins against UL & UCF, Tom.

And go ahead Tom, put up FIU's basketball stats. Because no one else who is interested can figure out where to find it. 03-lmfao

But guess what? Even if FIU is 0-100, USA still played prep schools to pad their stats. Schools do what is deemed in their best interest, South Alabama is no different. So if it is ok for South Alabama to take the easiest path to FBS football, that is your prerogative, Tom. But facts are facts. Similarly, if a program chooses to fill their budget holes with pay-for-play games, that is your prerogative, Tom. Not coming after you, Tom, because I got no interest in you. But fire away, my chest is broad enough, Tom.

I have obviously hit a nerve with you guys, but it is what it is, Tom.
(This post was last modified: 06-26-2012 08:08 PM by FIU4Ever.)
06-26-2012 08:08 PM
Jag89 Offline
Bench Warmer

I Root For: USA
(06-26-2012 04:59 PM)Tiguar Wrote:  of course, I just meant in due time.

USA was in it's first year with mostly freshman and a handful of jucos and transfers. Hargrave is always loaded with SEC, ACC talent with a winning tradition. Not a bad opponent to test the team and get things started! Yeah, I'm sure the coaching staff wanted to create a winning tradition but with the short notice to schedule, there just weren't many opponents available.
06-26-2012 09:36 PM
Tom in Lazybrook Offline
Hall of Famer

I Root For: So Alabama, GWU
(06-26-2012 08:08 PM)FIU4Ever Wrote:  

Just for the record, Tom, I'm comfortable with FIU record in ALL SPORTS, Tom. I'm comfortable with our 0-12 season, Tom. I'm comfortable with the follow up season of 1-11, Tom. Do you know why, Tom? We got better because of it.

I'm comfortable with our 0-4 OOC in 2010, because we followed that up with 6-2 performance in conference, the sun belt title and a bowl win. I'm comfortable with our 0-4 OOC in 2010 because we followed that up with 3-1 OOC in 2011 with wins against UL & UCF, Tom.

And go ahead Tom, put up FIU's basketball stats. Because no one else who is interested can figure out where to find it. 03-lmfao

But guess what? Even if FIU is 0-100, USA still played prep schools to pad their stats. Schools do what is deemed in their best interest, South Alabama is no different. So if it is ok for South Alabama to take the easiest path to FBS football, that is your prerogative, Tom. But facts are facts. Similarly, if a program chooses to fill their budget holes with pay-for-play games, that is your prerogative, Tom. Not coming after you, Tom, because I got no interest in you. But fire away, my chest is broad enough, Tom.

First, its obvious that no one at FIU cares about basketball. Including the Athletic Department.

Second, FIU has exactly two OOC wins over teams that finished with a winning record. Ever. A road win at a Louisville team that finished 7-6 and a bowl win against a Toledo team that finished 8-5. UCF lost to UAB last year too.

Before FIU starts talking smack, you might want to look at your record. Because it certainly doesn't justify your smack talk.
06-26-2012 11:24 PM
AlaIllTex Offline
Special Teams

I Root For: South Ala
I'm proud that 26,000 plus showed up to see USA play a prep school, Hargrave in that first year. Over 20,000 witnessed USA play D3 Huntingdon. I suspect that we will break the Sun Belt Conference attendance record in our first game against Troy. Our future is bright.

I'm confident in all of our schools.
06-26-2012 11:28 PM
Burn the Horse Offline
I'm Watching You

I Root For: TROY
I'm with you South fans, I think future of the Troy vs. South rivalry is going to set attendance records and become the premier SBC match-up each season. 04-cheers
06-26-2012 11:34 PM
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
Advertisement

Atlanta Trojan Offline
Sun Belt Nationalist

What is the SBC game attendance record? I'm sure UL is involved in it.
06-26-2012 11:59 PM
AlaIllTex Offline
Special Teams

I Root For: South Ala
(06-26-2012 11:59 PM)Atlanta Trojan Wrote:  What is the SBC game attendance record? I'm sure UL is involved in it.

My understanding is that it is 32,000 at ULL.
06-27-2012 12:04 AM
Atlanta Trojan Offline
Sun Belt Nationalist

(06-27-2012 12:04 AM)AlaIllTex Wrote:  
(06-26-2012 11:59 PM)Atlanta Trojan Wrote:  What is the SBC game attendance record? I'm sure UL is involved in it.

Who were they playing?

And I could see the USA/Troy game being more than that.
06-27-2012 12:08 AM
Tuffguy21 Offline
Sun Belt Nationalist

I Root For: UL Ragin Cajuns
(06-27-2012 12:08 AM)Atlanta Trojan Wrote:  
(06-27-2012 12:04 AM)AlaIllTex Wrote:  

Who were they playing?

And I could see the USA/Troy game being more than that.

32,823 vs UNT last year. we also hit 29,975 against Troy, 28176 vs ULM, and 26,339 vs FAU. All of those rank in the top 10 in SBC game attendance, and I believe UL is now #1-3 with UNT, Troy, and FIU and if the ULM game isnt 4th, I'm pretty sure its #5.
06-27-2012 12:31 AM
MT FAN Offline
All American

I Root For: Middle Tennesse
MT vs FAU 2008 was 27,000+
06-27-2012 07:11 AM
Advertisement

TheFIUtheproud Offline
2nd String

(06-26-2012 11:24 PM)Tom in Lazybrook Wrote:  

First, its obvious that no one at FIU cares about basketball. Including the Athletic Department.

Second, FIU has exactly two OOC wins over teams that finished with a winning record. Ever. A road win at a Louisville team that finished 7-6 and a bowl win against a Toledo team that finished 8-5. UCF lost to UAB last year too.

Before FIU starts talking smack, you might want to look at your record. Because it certainly doesn't justify your smack talk.

Hold on there a minute. FIU IS NOT talking smack. The individuals on here do not represent FIU - - me included. I am unclear how this thread got so out of control, but if it helps I can state that most, if not all, FIU fans have no beef with USA. We (FIU fans) have gone through highs and very, very, very, lows. We may be suffering from a severe form of highly contagious optimism fever, but we mean no disrespect to USA, or even any other Sun Belt school (with the exception of FAU at times!! 03-shhhh). We fully understand that those on top today can very well be at the bottom tomorrow. And vice versa. Now with this said, fans on here are welcome to talk smack all they want, but this should generally not be a negative reflection towards the school or its students and alumni, most of which do not come on these boards. Best of luck to USA.
06-27-2012 08:20 AM
FIU4Ever Offline

(06-26-2012 11:24 PM)Tom in Lazybrook Wrote:  

So FIU having 2 winning seasons. Ever. Or only beating 2 teams with a winning record. Ever. How does that make what I have said any less true?
06-27-2012 09:45 AM
FIU4Ever Offline

(06-26-2012 11:28 PM)AlaIllTex Wrote:  I'm proud that 26,000 plus showed up to see USA play a prep school, Hargrave in that first year. Over 20,000 witnessed USA play D3 Huntingdon. I suspect that we will break the Sun Belt Conference attendance record in our first game against Troy. Our future is bright.

I'm confident in all of our schools.

Well stated. Thank you for that reasoned response. +1 for you sir.
06-27-2012 09:49 AM
Ole Blue Offline
Hall of Famer

I Root For: The Good Guys
MT has also had some pretty good SBC attendance, especially given our not-stellar performance in recent years. 28010 vs Troy in 2010 was our biggest SBC crowd I think. It obviously helps to win the 'big' SBC games and if we would do that more often I think our crowds would be bigger. MT has a rep in our fanbase for failing on the national TV SBC games... we did beat UALR in basketball at home this past year in front of a good crowd which helped our basketball attendance - and will help for next year, we'll most likely be #1 in attendance - but our football attendance especially for games against likes of FIU, ULM, and FAU hasn't been stellar.
06-27-2012 11:17 AM

User(s) browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)

Copyright © 2002-2024 Collegiate Sports Nation Bulletin Board System (CSNbbs), All Rights Reserved.
CSNbbs is an independent fan site and is in no way affiliated to the NCAA or any of the schools and conferences it represents.
This site monetizes links. FTC Disclosure.
We allow third-party companies to serve ads and/or collect certain anonymous information when you visit our web site. These companies may use non-personally identifiable information (e.g., click stream information, browser type, time and date, subject of advertisements clicked or scrolled over) during your visits to this and other Web sites in order to provide advertisements about goods and services likely to be of greater interest to you. These companies typically use a cookie or third party web beacon to collect this information. To learn more about this behavioral advertising practice or to opt-out of this type of advertising, you can visit http://www.networkadvertising.org.