ODU Monarchs

Hello There, Guest! (LoginRegister)

Reid Evans Arrested
Sirloin Burger Offline
All American

I Root For: ODU & VT
Reid Evans Arrested
Quote:A football player is one of two Old Dominion University students arrested in connection with alleged sexual assaults on two people, a school spokeswoman confirmed Saturday night.

http://hamptonroads.com/2012/06/two-arre...pe-charges
(This post was last modified: 06-24-2012 12:13 AM by Sirloin Burger.)
06-23-2012 09:52 PM
Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
Advertisement

bit_9 Offline

I Root For: ODU
RE: Reid Evans Arrested
Wow, if true what a pos.
06-23-2012 09:55 PM
devyanks90 Offline
All American

I Root For: Old Dominion

Folding@NCAAbbs
Well this explains the "How not to get roofied" email I got last night from campus alerts.
06-23-2012 09:56 PM
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
Fatalisk Offline
All American

Damn. He was nice too.
06-23-2012 11:09 PM
SPACESCAPE Offline
Special Teams

I Root For: old dominion
If it is true, good riddance
06-24-2012 08:20 AM
CameramanJ Offline
Heisman

Criminal developments in student athletes are never a good thing. The last thing a fledgling (and imminently FBS) college football team needs, certainly. If he's guilty, he's gone.
06-24-2012 09:13 AM
Advertisement

devyanks90 Offline
All American

Folding@NCAAbbs
Suspended indefinitely pending resolution of charges per Dave Fairbanks of the Daily Press
06-24-2012 11:39 AM
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
Monarchs Offline
2nd String

ugh. not a good deal. and it wasn't just your run of the mill sexual assault (if there is such a thing). Sodomy, rape, conspiracy to rape, possible date-rape drugs. ugh. we don't need black marks on our program like this..
06-24-2012 11:57 AM
Monarchs Offline
2nd String

plus did anyone find odd how white and clean the picture of him in his football uniform? so fresh looking. unfortunately, looks like there may have been something else going on.. who knows though; innocent until proven guilty. still, this doesn't look good.
06-24-2012 11:58 AM
USBARNES76 Offline
2nd String

I Root For: OLD DOMINION
I want to be ultra conservative and say drop him from the program, but the little voice on my shoulder keeps saying "duke lacrosse". there is always the chance it could turn out to be retribution and not sexual assault. time will tell.
06-24-2012 07:57 PM
UDO Offline
2nd String

(06-24-2012 07:57 PM)USBARNES76 Wrote:  I want to be ultra conservative and say drop him from the program, but the little voice on my shoulder keeps saying "duke lacrosse". there is always the chance it could turn out to be retribution and not sexual assault. time will tell.

Two girls planned retribution at the exact same time? I'd say there is a very small chance of that but with the investigation we will see. Anything can happen, just look at the Duke case and the Brian Banks one.
(This post was last modified: 06-24-2012 09:15 PM by UDO.)
06-24-2012 08:43 PM
Advertisement

ODUalum78 Offline
Overseer of the Unwashed Masses

Lion's Den Poster of the Year
(06-24-2012 08:43 PM)UDO Wrote:  
(06-24-2012 07:57 PM)USBARNES76 Wrote:  I want to be ultra conservative and say drop him from the program, but the little voice on my shoulder keeps saying "duke lacrosse". there is always the chance it could turn out to be retribution and not sexual assault. time will tell.

Two girls planned retribution at the exact same time? I'd say there is a very small chance of that but with the investigation we will see. Anything can happen, just look at the Duke case and the Brian Banks one.

You never know.
When I was at Elon, a young football player was accused of rape. He was arrested and charged. When some of the evidence didn't add up; it was discovered his accuser had made rape allegations against a football player in high school and against 2 in seperate incidents at her previous school, NC State. All of the allegations were shown to be unfounded.
It is probably best hold off on passing judgement until all of the facts are in.
(This post was last modified: 06-24-2012 11:54 PM by ODUalum78.)
06-24-2012 10:12 PM
Monarchist13 Offline

I have never been able to comprehend why this type of viciousness happens. But anyways, ODU just sent out this this safety update about another sexual assault on campus.

Quote:A sexual assault has been reported to the Old Dominion University Police Department. The incident reportedly occurred at 3 a.m. June 24 in a university residence hall. The assailant accompanied an invited guest of another student who resided in the hall. The assailant is described as a black male in his mid-twenties, approximately 6 feet tall and 200 pounds, with a light complexion and close cut hair. The investigation is ongoing.

All students are reminded to use caution in inviting individuals into residence halls that they don't personally know. The university's Women's Center (1000 Webb Center, 683-4109) offers support and resources for victims of sexual assault and ongoing educational programming for all students.

I'm not sure but I believe that description fits Reid pretty well and (as we all know) he was in custody at the time of the assault. Could be unrelated or could be that they nabbed the wrong guy(s). Who knows?
(This post was last modified: 06-24-2012 11:57 PM by Monarchist13.)
06-24-2012 11:52 PM
devyanks90 Offline
All American

Folding@NCAAbbs
(06-24-2012 11:52 PM)ODUDrunkard13 Wrote:  I have never been able to comprehend why this type of viciousness happens. But anyways, ODU just sent out this this safety update about another sexual assault on campus.

Quote:A sexual assault has been reported to the Old Dominion University Police Department. The incident reportedly occurred at 3 a.m. June 24 in a university residence hall. The assailant accompanied an invited guest of another student who resided in the hall. The assailant is described as a black male in his mid-twenties, approximately 6 feet tall and 200 pounds, with a light complexion and close cut hair. The investigation is ongoing.

All students are reminded to use caution in inviting individuals into residence halls that they don't personally know. The university's Women's Center (1000 Webb Center, 683-4109) offers support and resources for victims of sexual assault and ongoing educational programming for all students.

I'm not sure but I believe that description fits Reid pretty well and (as we all know) he was in custody at the time of the assault. Could be unrelated or could be that they nabbed the wrong guy(s). Who knows?
The arrests happened before the time of the the incident above (as you said), so this is a separate incident.

That being said, being the guest of a another student, someone should know who this is.
(This post was last modified: 06-25-2012 10:46 AM by devyanks90.)
06-25-2012 10:46 AM
OLD DIRTY Offline
Banned

I'm surprised the police didn't wait until the last game of the season to arrest him.
06-25-2012 11:29 AM
pandorazboxx Offline
2nd String

These weren't VB cops.
06-25-2012 11:37 AM
Advertisement

UDO Offline
2nd String

(06-25-2012 10:46 AM)devyanks90 Wrote:  
(06-24-2012 11:52 PM)ODUDrunkard13 Wrote:  I have never been able to comprehend why this type of viciousness happens. But anyways, ODU just sent out this this safety update about another sexual assault on campus.

The arrests happened before the time of the the incident above (as you said), so this is a separate incident.

That being said, being the guest of a another student, someone should know who this is.

I interpreted it as the criminal came into the dorm at the same time as a guest of a different student. Like somebody holding the door open for someone else at the UV.
06-25-2012 01:37 PM
Monarchist13 Offline

(06-25-2012 01:37 PM)UDO Wrote:  
(06-25-2012 10:46 AM)devyanks90 Wrote:  

I interpreted it as the criminal came into the dorm at the same time as a guest of a different student. Like somebody holding the door open for someone else at the UV.

UDO- The assailant was one of two guests at the dorm but the victim only knew the other guest.

devyanks- I guess I wasn't clear in what I was implying. I meant that the guy who committed this assault could easily be guilty for the earlier assaults that Reid has been charged. I jumped to this conclusion for two reasons. Firstly, the similarity of the description of the perpetrator and Reid. Secondly, the notion that crimes like this in a concentrated area (like we have on campus) are usually related.
(This post was last modified: 06-25-2012 02:43 PM by Monarchist13.)
06-25-2012 02:38 PM
Old Dominion Navy Offline
The Lion King

I Root For: ODU SDSU
Markell Wilkins was charged yesterday as a part of Evans case. That's two football players in two months.
07-14-2012 08:10 AM
ODU_NYG Offline
All American

You're kidding?? That is NOT good news. WTF?
07-14-2012 08:25 AM

User(s) browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)

Copyright © 2002-2024 Collegiate Sports Nation Bulletin Board System (CSNbbs), All Rights Reserved.
CSNbbs is an independent fan site and is in no way affiliated to the NCAA or any of the schools and conferences it represents.
This site monetizes links. FTC Disclosure.
We allow third-party companies to serve ads and/or collect certain anonymous information when you visit our web site. These companies may use non-personally identifiable information (e.g., click stream information, browser type, time and date, subject of advertisements clicked or scrolled over) during your visits to this and other Web sites in order to provide advertisements about goods and services likely to be of greater interest to you. These companies typically use a cookie or third party web beacon to collect this information. To learn more about this behavioral advertising practice or to opt-out of this type of advertising, you can visit http://www.networkadvertising.org.