UAB Blazers

Hello There, Guest! (LoginRegister)

Texas woman hit with $1.3 million-plus electric bill.
Copperblazer Offline
Great White Hooter Hunter

I Root For: Boobies.

BlazerTalk AwardBlazerTalk Award
Texas woman hit with $1.3 million-plus electric bill.
http://news.yahoo.com/blogs/sideshow/tex...17099.html

I think Attalla knows what something like this feels like. She better be glad she didn't have auto billing.
06-21-2012 01:43 PM
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
Advertisement

ATTALLABLAZE Offline
Administrator

I Root For: UAB Blazers

The Parliament AwardsCrappiesDonatorsBlazerTalk AwardBlazerTalk AwardBlazerTalk AwardBlazerTalk AwardBlazerTalk AwardCrappies
RE: Texas woman hit with $1.3 million-plus electric bill.
Oh yea. My wife bought a Cell phone about 10 or so years ago and they detected $80,000.00 from my account. Imagine the shock of the negative balance. They cleared it up and deducted it again a month later. Took several months to finally clear it up. My dumb ass lawyer (can't stand them) was no help. No offense if you are a lawyer. Maybe you are the only good one on the planet.
06-24-2012 08:06 PM
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
Copperblazer Offline

Do lawyers trust other lawyers?
06-25-2012 01:05 PM
ATTALLABLAZE Offline
Administrator

The Parliament AwardsCrappiesDonatorsBlazerTalk AwardBlazerTalk AwardBlazerTalk AwardBlazerTalk AwardBlazerTalk AwardCrappies
No
06-27-2012 05:26 PM
Advertisement

BAMANBLAZERFAN Offline
Hall of Famer

I Root For: UAB & Bama

BlazerTalk Award
Dear ABBY once wrote in reply to a letter critical of doctors, "Remember that half of all doctors graduated in the bottom half of their medical school class". The same might apply to lawyers and other grad school professionals as well. Add to that the fact that many of the better grads from law school go into the corporate business world rather than hang out their "shingle" as an independent ot group attorney. Did you note the state (pushed into law by the ABA) required disclaimer attached to all lawyer ads on TV?

In "Mark Twain Tonight", Hal Holbrook as Twain tells "I was once introduced by a local attorney who talked with his hands in his pockets as a humorist who is really funny. I told the crowd that we had someone more rare than a humorist who is really funny. We had a lawyer who kept his hands in his own pockets".
(This post was last modified: 06-28-2012 10:23 AM by BAMANBLAZERFAN.)
06-28-2012 10:18 AM
Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
blazr Away
Hall of Famer

I Root For: UAB
The problem is that hardly anyone is a "real" lawyer anymore. They're arbitrators, at best, glorified house-flippers at worst. Their job is to calculate the leverage in your case and how much effort/expense they'll need to exert to get a settlement vs. the likely value of said settlement. I had a retaliatory discharge case in the 90s for which I hired a lawyer. As the actual court date got nearer he seemed more and more surprised that my former employer wouldn't settle. When it did go to court I realized that both my lawyer and their lawyers were idiots and the only reason it ever saw a courtroom was my former employers were arrogant asses - hence the retaliatory discharge - who refused to settle (not saying that's wrong...I'm saying that's all the lawyers on either side wanted to do). They paid however much that team cost over 2 years, flew in all the owners from Texas, and basically flipped a coin on a jury for 6 figures. They won, it didn't help that I was very young and had a better career 2 years after the fact, but at whatever all of that cost out of their pockets.
06-29-2012 08:39 AM
Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
Copperblazer Offline

I know exactly what you mean. I was a victim of the legal system a few years ago. It does not matter if you are in the right, or innocent, just what the jury is willing to believe. 03-banghead
06-29-2012 12:40 PM
ATTALLABLAZE Offline
Administrator

He is not kidding. I had to testify and witness first hand the guilty walk away and the innocent get royally screwed. Right and wrong does not matter.
06-29-2012 03:27 PM

User(s) browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)

Copyright © 2002-2024 Collegiate Sports Nation Bulletin Board System (CSNbbs), All Rights Reserved.
CSNbbs is an independent fan site and is in no way affiliated to the NCAA or any of the schools and conferences it represents.
This site monetizes links. FTC Disclosure.
We allow third-party companies to serve ads and/or collect certain anonymous information when you visit our web site. These companies may use non-personally identifiable information (e.g., click stream information, browser type, time and date, subject of advertisements clicked or scrolled over) during your visits to this and other Web sites in order to provide advertisements about goods and services likely to be of greater interest to you. These companies typically use a cookie or third party web beacon to collect this information. To learn more about this behavioral advertising practice or to opt-out of this type of advertising, you can visit http://www.networkadvertising.org.