Hello There, Guest! (LoginRegister)

For fans of BIG Regulations
MileHighBronco Offline
Legend

I Root For: Broncos
For fans of BIG Regulations
While we understand that guys like Max rarely saw a regulation that they didn't like, there is a price for that.

Interesting column on a Colorado Solar Company that was trying to secure a Dept. of Energy loan guarantee.

DOE loans end up hamstringing business

(Bolded is my emphasis)

Quote:When it comes to federal grants, business is often better without it.

Documents obtained by the Independence Institute through the federal Freedom of Information Act reveal grant restrictions that are time and resource drains, reducing an organization’s nimbleness in the face of global competitors not similarly hamstrung.

For example, the $400 million loan-guarantee agreement between Colorado-based Abound Solar and the DOE reveals that Abound Solar — and, it is safe to assume, all loan-guarantee recipients — had to comply with a staggering range of federal laws and regulations....

Read the rest and see the list. When drilling down into just ONE of those requirements, they found even more regulations to comply with.

Quote:Consider in February of this year, Bright Automotive wrote a letter to U.S. Secretary of Energy Stephen Chu. The letter is a scathing indictment of government whim, capriciousness and an ocean of red tape saying each new DOE communication asked for “more onerous terms than the last,” adding, “We asked our team members on countless occasions to work literally around the clock whenever yet another new DOE requirement came down the pike…“ And that’s an example of a company that didn’t sign on the dotted line. How much worse is the marriage when it’s legally binding?

It’s clear we should leave the DOE out of the quest for energy solutions. It’s time to return to privately financed companies that can respond effectively to free-market conditions.

How much is enough? Why are new small businesses NOT being created in enough volume to make a dent in this economy? Can you see part of the problem?

Death by regulation before the business even creates its product.

We know that large corporations employ the tactic of lobbying for regs that new startups can't possibly afford in order to stifle competition. Those corporations didn't create the regulatory state but are simply trying to survive in the regulatory environment that they exist in. They know that legislators love to create new regulations, so they exploit their power by placing more hurdles in front of new businesses.

Since certain people love to hype the imaginary figures of "jobs created or saved" maybe we should start talking about "jobs that were killed before they were in the cradle" by excessive regulation.
06-04-2012 08:02 PM
Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
Advertisement

TomorrowHerd Offline
Protecting the Northern Flank

I Root For: Pie!!!!

Donators
RE: For fans of BIG Regulations
Quote:Since certain people love to hype the imaginary figures of "jobs created or saved" maybe we should start talking about "jobs that were killed before they were in the cradle" by excessive regulation.

That is why the libs love ridiculous regulations... it reminds them of abortion, we all know the libs love that!!
03-wink
06-04-2012 09:25 PM
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
UCF08 Offline
Hall of Famer

I Root For: UCF
(06-04-2012 09:25 PM)TomorrowHerd Wrote:  
Quote:Since certain people love to hype the imaginary figures of "jobs created or saved" maybe we should start talking about "jobs that were killed before they were in the cradle" by excessive regulation.

That is why the libs love ridiculous regulations... it reminds them of abortion, we all know the libs love that!!
03-wink

Do you think abortion is literally the murder of children?
06-04-2012 09:26 PM
Bull_In_Exile Offline
Eternal Pessimist

I Root For: The Underdog
(06-04-2012 09:26 PM)UCF08 Wrote:  
(06-04-2012 09:25 PM)TomorrowHerd Wrote:  

03-wink

Do you think abortion is literally the murder of children?

It's most certainly homicide....
06-04-2012 09:44 PM
Advertisement

UCF08 Offline
Hall of Famer

I Root For: UCF
I was asking him, specifically, because it seems like an odd thing to ever make a joke about if you truly think it's state sponsored infanticide.
06-05-2012 06:27 AM
Bull_In_Exile Offline
Eternal Pessimist

I Root For: The Underdog
(06-05-2012 06:27 AM)UCF08 Wrote:  I was asking him, specifically, because it seems like an odd thing to ever make a joke about if you truly think it's state sponsored infanticide.

Meh ... Unlike dark matter dark humor is directly observed all the time..
06-05-2012 07:13 AM
SumOfAllFears Offline
Grim Reaper of Misguided Liberal Souls

I Root For: America
Small Businesscide anyway.
06-05-2012 08:46 AM
TomorrowHerd Offline
Protecting the Northern Flank

I Root For: Pie!!!!

Donators
IF you stop human life, you have stopped a human life. PERIOD

Before you get all up in arms that I am some kind of religious kook, I am not.

I don't have that much of a problem if someone in your family wants to do it.

It will not be done in mine.

You can't deny that libs love the killing of very small humans though.

Especially, when they can get more money for campaigns for it!!
06-05-2012 09:22 PM
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply

User(s) browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)

Copyright © 2002-2024 Collegiate Sports Nation Bulletin Board System (CSNbbs), All Rights Reserved.
CSNbbs is an independent fan site and is in no way affiliated to the NCAA or any of the schools and conferences it represents.
This site monetizes links. FTC Disclosure.
We allow third-party companies to serve ads and/or collect certain anonymous information when you visit our web site. These companies may use non-personally identifiable information (e.g., click stream information, browser type, time and date, subject of advertisements clicked or scrolled over) during your visits to this and other Web sites in order to provide advertisements about goods and services likely to be of greater interest to you. These companies typically use a cookie or third party web beacon to collect this information. To learn more about this behavioral advertising practice or to opt-out of this type of advertising, you can visit http://www.networkadvertising.org.