Hello There, Guest! (LoginRegister)

UCF's next stage of expansion to BHNS
Kruciff Offline
Old Man from scene 24

I Root For: The Bridge of Death
UCF's next stage of expansion to BHNS
Nothing much, just probably another 10000 seats in a second tier across from an expanded Roth Tower, bringing the total to 55000. There's no timeline, I just saw the picture on the Golden Knights Club website (which they are currently seeking support for expansion, among other things).

[Image: football-bhns-big.jpg]

Golden Knights Club
(This post was last modified: 05-25-2012 12:24 PM by Kruciff.)
05-25-2012 10:51 AM
Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
Advertisement

Wooglin157 Offline
1st String

I Root For: UCF Knights
RE: UCF's next stage of expansion to BHNS
I like the new website. Much cleaner than the old one.
05-25-2012 10:56 AM
cardshouse Offline
UofL 4 Playoff!

I Root For: UofL Cardinals
Good luck UCF...Need to get those season ticket numbers up to at least 30,000.
05-25-2012 11:03 AM
KNIGHTTIME Offline
Hall of Famer

I Root For: '17 Natty Champ
I would love for them to add a HD video board over the Student section. Then make additional upgrades like adding seats and removing some of the aluminum look.
05-25-2012 11:03 AM
Kruciff Offline
Old Man from scene 24

(05-25-2012 11:03 AM)KNIGHTTIME Wrote:  I would love for them to add a HD video board over the Student section. Then make additional upgrades like adding seats and removing some of the aluminum look.

As far as I know, as soon as a manageable level of expansion is completed, the facade is next. I'd hope that includes making it look less aluminum-y.

Question: Considering that typical airline 7X7's are made of aluminum and are out in the sun and elements more often than not, Is there a cheap, manageable paint that can be applied to the stadium, akin to that paint? Sun, heat, and rain is a big factor, obviously, and I don't want the stadium looking terrible 1 season after the paint is applied.

As for facade, I believe whatever decoration they choose to follow will be along the same scheme as the UCF arena...

[Image: UCF_Arena.png]

and Jay Bergman Field...

(This post was last modified: 05-25-2012 11:27 AM by Kruciff.)
05-25-2012 11:25 AM
SF Husky Offline
Hall of Famer

I Root For: UCONN
Nice. I would imagine if UCONN ever expands our stadium, it will look like something similar.
05-25-2012 12:16 PM
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
Advertisement

Delin Offline
2nd String

I Root For: UCF & THFC
(05-25-2012 11:25 AM)Kruciff Wrote:  
(05-25-2012 11:03 AM)KNIGHTTIME Wrote:  I would love for them to add a HD video board over the Student section. Then make additional upgrades like adding seats and removing some of the aluminum look.

Question: Considering that typical airline 7X7's are made of aluminum and are out in the sun and elements more often than not, Is there a cheap, manageable paint that can be applied to the stadium, akin to that paint? Sun, heat, and rain is a big factor, obviously, and I don't want the stadium looking terrible 1 season after the paint is applied.

I believe they use a polyurethane paint for aircraft. However, I don't know how often they repaint the aircraft, so I don't actually know how well or how long it actually holds up. (I work on aircraft electronics, not structures)

The tower really needs to be expanded and upgraded. The second tier though will be a nice addition, I'm hoping the plan involved them bringing it all the way around to the tower eventually.
(This post was last modified: 05-25-2012 12:25 PM by Delin.)
05-25-2012 12:24 PM
Kruciff Offline
Old Man from scene 24

(05-25-2012 12:24 PM)Delin Wrote:  
(05-25-2012 11:25 AM)Kruciff Wrote:  

I believe they use a polyurethane paint for aircraft. However, I don't know how often they repaint the aircraft, so I don't actually know how well or how long it actually holds up. (I work on aircraft electronics, not structures)

The tower really needs to be expanded and upgraded. The second tier though will be a nice addition, I'm hoping the plan involved them bringing it all the way around to the tower eventually.

I hope so as well.

You can see now, why they don't facade the building as it is. The supporting structures for the outside tower completely obscure the inner bowl support (the supports being assumed to hold the facade structure).

I also notice a small "barrier" between the 2nd and 3rd tier bowl. A typical spot for advertising, graphics, and the like.

I think the final plan is definitely to enclose a third tier bowl around roth tower, to create a nice, solid background for what will be a VERY nice stadium. I project final attendance values of north of 60,000.
05-25-2012 12:43 PM
sparkomemphis Offline
member of UofM Atl alumni club.

I Root For: Memphis Tigers

NCAAbbs LUGSkunkworksDonatorsDonators
Are they going to add any restrooms and/or concession stands any where besides the ground level. It was a major pain to go up and down the stairs to get to either.
05-25-2012 01:13 PM
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
Inigo Offline
You killed my father. Prepare to die.

The doubling in size of the Roth Tower (pressbox/suite/club tower on West side of stadium) is going to be the next thing built. This is shown in the rendering above. The current suites and club seats are sold out, so increasing both of these premium seating options is the top priority. That project may only add a few hundred seats to the capacity, but they are premium seats that are worth over $1000 each every year.

I doubt that 3rd deck shown on the East side will be built anytime soon.
05-25-2012 01:27 PM
Inigo Offline
You killed my father. Prepare to die.

(05-25-2012 01:13 PM)sparkomemphis Wrote:  Are they going to add any restrooms and/or concession stands any where besides the ground level. It was a major pain to go up and down the stairs to get to either.

They will be added only if/when the 3rd level gets built. There will be restroom/concession facilities between the 2nd and 3rd levels. I wouldn't count on that anytime soon.
(This post was last modified: 05-25-2012 01:30 PM by Inigo.)
05-25-2012 01:29 PM
Advertisement

Goldenbuc Offline
1st String

I Root For: UCF
Expansion won't happen anytime soon, until the demand is there full-time for the current capacity. In the meantime, they will be putting funds towards many needed upgrades. When the stadium was first built, it was to get out of the citrus bowl and get on campus, ASAP. We thought they were going to tear down the Citrus Bowl for renovations (which never happend) and we'd have been stuck playing who knows where. So we built the stadium we have....and considering our situation...it ended up not being bad, at all. The only thing is that it's bland and lacks any personality or special interactive or fan pleasing areas to enjoy, inside. There's plenty outside and around the stadium, but nothing inside. There's not a bad seat in the house...but it needs upgrades and is basically a shell of what it will be.

So if there's anything first....it'll be renovations to many of the current stadium needs. A facade would be the last thing added.
(This post was last modified: 05-25-2012 02:09 PM by Goldenbuc.)
05-25-2012 02:07 PM
Wooglin157 Offline
1st String

(05-25-2012 11:03 AM)cardshouse Wrote:  Good luck UCF...Need to get those season ticket numbers up to at least 30,000.

Yes, this is a ways off I think. If anything, the Roth Tower would be the first target of any expansion going forward. I think there is a reason even on the site it's like the 4th listed project.

Can't justify a major expansion to the 55k-57k range then eventually to the 65k max until there are more consistent and increased season ticket sales and close to sellout to sellout games constantly moving forward. I would say the expansion to 55k is minimum 5-8 years out.

Roth Tower expansion (pressbox and suites) probably should be done as soon as possible, though.
05-25-2012 02:36 PM
Delin Offline
2nd String

I Root For: UCF & THFC
Maybe our attendance will start going up once we get in the Big East, and it won't hurt to begin planning the expansion now and saving money for it.

But, you're right we should not actually expand the stadium until we get our average attendance numbers up. Last year we averaged 34283. That's a little above 3/4 capacity. That's unacceptable. A school our size, in the city we are in (No pro team football team, and the Magic might be taking a big hit), should be filling that up. Some of that has to do with perception, some of that has to do with the fact that we were a UF town until recently, and some of that has to do with ambivalence in the local media (Bianchi, a two-hour UF post-game show during a UCF game, not mentioning UCF during sports broadcasts, etc.), and some of it has to do with the teams inability to be consistent. But still...

We need to do better than that.
05-25-2012 02:54 PM
TampaKnight Offline
Knight Family

I Root For: The American
It looks beautiful. I do believe that basic necessity items like bathrooms, premium seating, concessions on second level, should be at the top of the list for right now.

I forgot that our stadium can get to above 60k. That's just unreal, atm. 04-jawdrop
05-25-2012 03:48 PM
BullsBEAST Offline
1st String

I Root For: USF Bulls
Did you guys finally get those water fountains installed?
05-25-2012 04:42 PM
Advertisement

st932253 Offline
Heisman

I Root For: Knights
Yeah - they're located in the stadium.

On campus.
05-25-2012 04:53 PM
TampaKnight Offline
Knight Family

(05-25-2012 04:53 PM)st932253 Wrote:  Yeah - they're located in the stadium.

On campus.

04-cheers

Yup. That's 5 years old, that water fountain story.
05-25-2012 04:59 PM
BullsFanInTX Offline
Hall of Famer

I Root For: USF
UCF needs to add seats like FAU's to make it less aluminumy. FAU has basically the same stadium, although smaller, but theirs looks sharp due to their blue seats. UCF needs to add some color somewhere.
05-25-2012 05:10 PM
TampaKnight Offline
Knight Family

(05-25-2012 05:10 PM)BullsFanInTX Wrote:  UCF needs to add seats like FAU's to make it less aluminumy. FAU has basically the same stadium, although smaller, but theirs looks sharp due to their blue seats. UCF needs to add some color somewhere.

We have colored patchwork seating at UCF arena.

I don't know how that's possible for BHNS. But I'm personally fond of our seating. 03-razz
05-25-2012 05:35 PM

User(s) browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)

Copyright © 2002-2024 Collegiate Sports Nation Bulletin Board System (CSNbbs), All Rights Reserved.
CSNbbs is an independent fan site and is in no way affiliated to the NCAA or any of the schools and conferences it represents.
This site monetizes links. FTC Disclosure.
We allow third-party companies to serve ads and/or collect certain anonymous information when you visit our web site. These companies may use non-personally identifiable information (e.g., click stream information, browser type, time and date, subject of advertisements clicked or scrolled over) during your visits to this and other Web sites in order to provide advertisements about goods and services likely to be of greater interest to you. These companies typically use a cookie or third party web beacon to collect this information. To learn more about this behavioral advertising practice or to opt-out of this type of advertising, you can visit http://www.networkadvertising.org.