Hello There, Guest! (LoginRegister)

Study finds it's untrue that Faux News has no value
UM2001GRAD Offline
Humble to a Fault

I Root For: The Tea Party
Study finds it's untrue that Faux News has no value
Yet another study about viewers of Fox News is out. I know many people think watching Fox News adds no value at all, but this study proves them wrong. It turns out that people who watch no news at all are better able to answer questions about domestic news and international news issues than Fox News viewers. So Fox News does have a value - it's just negative. Of course, NPR listeners dominated.

Fox News Viewers Worst Informed
05-23-2012 01:33 PM
Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
Advertisement

AtlanticLeague Offline
All American

I Root For: UMD / W&M
RE: Study finds it's untrue that Faux News has no value
to be fair, if you look at the study results, republicans knew more than democrats.
05-23-2012 01:49 PM
DrTorch Offline
Proved mach and GTS to be liars

I Root For: ASU, BGSU
CrappiesDonatorsBalance of Power Contest
(05-23-2012 01:49 PM)AtlanticLeague Wrote:  to be fair, if you look at the study results, republicans knew more than democrats.

No, to be really fair, one would point out that FDU has been running the ridiculous and pretentious survey for years, one that is summarily dismissed by the real scholastic world.

Quote:To the best of your knowledge, have the opposition groups protesting in Egypt been successful in removing Hosni Mubarak?
• How about the opposition groups in Syria? Have they been successful in removing Bashar al-Assad?

Really? Who gives a flying ****, FDU? This is simply trivia for trivia's sake.
05-23-2012 01:52 PM
Advertisement

RobertN Offline
Legend

I Root For: THE NIU Huskies
(05-23-2012 01:52 PM)DrTorch Wrote:  
(05-23-2012 01:49 PM)AtlanticLeague Wrote:  to be fair, if you look at the study results, republicans knew more than democrats.

No, to be really fair, one would point out that FDU has been running the ridiculous and pretentious survey for years, one that is summarily dismissed by the real scholastic world.

Quote:To the best of your knowledge, have the opposition groups protesting in Egypt been successful in removing Hosni Mubarak?
• How about the opposition groups in Syria? Have they been successful in removing Bashar al-Assad?

Really? Who gives a flying ****, FDU? This is simply trivia for trivia's sake.
Yeah, we know you think world news is worthless. To be fair, MOST news in this country doesn't cover world news be it Fox, MSNBC, NBC,CBS, etc. News here usually just covers US related news. Which is why many in this country have no idea what is going on in the world-liberal or conservative.
05-23-2012 01:58 PM
Rebel
Unregistered

CrappiesNew Orleans Bowl
Funny, the guys talking about Fox are the ones that sit glued to the TV watching stations that suck Obama off like Pravda to the Communists on a daily basis. The leftwing media doesn't understand their job anymore. They're nothing but propagandists. Anyone that can't see that is a FUKEN MORON.
05-23-2012 02:59 PM
Quote this message in a reply
Advertisement

MileHighBronco Offline
Legend

I Root For: Broncos
(05-23-2012 01:58 PM)RobertN Wrote:  Yeah, we know you think world news is worthless. To be fair, MOST news in this country doesn't cover world news be it Fox, MSNBC, NBC,CBS, etc. News here usually just covers US related news. Which is why many in this country have no idea what is going on in the world-liberal or conservative.

Wow this is stunning. Never thought I'd ever agree with Rob but I was wrong. The U.S. "news media" is the worst in the western world as far as actually covering world news.
(This post was last modified: 05-23-2012 05:20 PM by MileHighBronco.)
05-23-2012 05:19 PM
TampaKnight Offline
Knight Family

I Root For: The American
Al-Jazeera covers World News better than we do.

Yup. Challenge that one.
05-23-2012 05:26 PM
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
Advertisement

UCF08 Offline
Hall of Famer

I Root For: UCF
(05-23-2012 05:26 PM)TampaKnight Wrote:  Al-Jazeera covers World News better than we do.

Yup. Challenge that one.

I've heard this, at least about the more moderate incarnations of Al-Jazeera (that exists, yes?)
05-23-2012 05:46 PM
UM2001GRAD Offline
Humble to a Fault

I Root For: The Tea Party
(05-23-2012 05:26 PM)TampaKnight Wrote:  Al-Jazeera covers World News better than we do.

Yup. Challenge that one.

Al-Jazeera English does a great job of covering international issues much like the BBC.
05-23-2012 05:57 PM
Advertisement

DrTorch Offline
Proved mach and GTS to be liars

I Root For: ASU, BGSU
CrappiesDonatorsBalance of Power Contest
(05-23-2012 05:19 PM)MileHighBronco Wrote:  
(05-23-2012 01:58 PM)RobertN Wrote:  Yeah, we know you think world news is worthless. To be fair, MOST news in this country doesn't cover world news be it Fox, MSNBC, NBC,CBS, etc. News here usually just covers US related news. Which is why many in this country have no idea what is going on in the world-liberal or conservative.

Wow this is stunning. Never thought I'd ever agree with Rob but I was wrong. The U.S. "news media" is the worst in the western world as far as actually covering world news.

'CS Lewis Wrote:Those are very wrong who say that schoolboys should be encouraged to read the newspapers. Nearly all that a boy reads there in his teens will be known before he is twenty to have been false in emphasis and interpretation, if not in fact as well, and most of it will have lost all importance. Most of what he remembers he will therefore have to unlearn; and he will probably have acquired an incurable taste for vulgarity and sensationalism and the fatal habit of fluttering from paragraph to paragraph to learn how an actress has been divorced in California, a train derailed in France, and quadruplets born in New Zealand.

One more reason that NPR listeners are dumber than average.
05-23-2012 06:05 PM
liberty1959 Offline
Special Teams

I Root For: utep/nu/unh/vmi
(05-23-2012 01:33 PM)UM2001GRAD Wrote:  Yet another study about viewers of Fox News is out. I know many people think watching Fox News adds no value at all, but this study proves them wrong. It turns out that people who watch no news at all are better able to answer questions about domestic news and international news issues than Fox News viewers. So Fox News does have a value - it's just negative. Of course, NPR listeners dominated.

Fox News Viewers Worst Informed
Then you must not listen to NPR BM Grad.
[Image: no_pbs_npr.jpg]
05-23-2012 06:15 PM
smn1256 Offline
I miss Tripster

I Root For: Lower taxes
Farleigh Dickinson. When I lived there it was nick named Fairly Ridiculous.

How come you libs pay attention to surveys like this but not the ones that say 70% of the country wants Obamacare repealed?
05-23-2012 08:45 PM

User(s) browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)

Copyright © 2002-2024 Collegiate Sports Nation Bulletin Board System (CSNbbs), All Rights Reserved.
CSNbbs is an independent fan site and is in no way affiliated to the NCAA or any of the schools and conferences it represents.
This site monetizes links. FTC Disclosure.
We allow third-party companies to serve ads and/or collect certain anonymous information when you visit our web site. These companies may use non-personally identifiable information (e.g., click stream information, browser type, time and date, subject of advertisements clicked or scrolled over) during your visits to this and other Web sites in order to provide advertisements about goods and services likely to be of greater interest to you. These companies typically use a cookie or third party web beacon to collect this information. To learn more about this behavioral advertising practice or to opt-out of this type of advertising, you can visit http://www.networkadvertising.org.