Hello There, Guest! (LoginRegister)

[split] Future ACC expansion?
catdaddy_2402 Offline
I'm not an ACC cheerleader

I Root For: Clemson and ECU
(05-21-2012 06:05 PM)TOGC Wrote:  If the ACC is considering Tulane, they should just close shop as a conference.

Too bad Memphis is so horrible academically because they would be the perfect ACC expansion candidate. Decent hoops, completely worthless in football, and trails behind out of area schools in their own market.
05-21-2012 06:09 PM
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
Advertisement

TOGC Offline
Resident genius

I Root For: Memphis
(05-21-2012 06:09 PM)catdaddy_2402 Wrote:  
(05-21-2012 06:05 PM)TOGC Wrote:  If the ACC is considering Tulane, they should just close shop as a conference.

Too bad Memphis is so horrible academically because they would be the perfect ACC expansion candidate. Decent hoops, completely worthless in football, and trails behind out of area schools in their own market.

Why would we want to go to a dying conference like the ACC? After the Big 12 takes your only two decent football programs, there won't be any reason to join.

The ACC is the modern day version of the SWC.
05-21-2012 06:14 PM
Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
cuseroc Offline
Super Moderator

I Root For: Syracuse

Donators
RE: Future ACC expansion?
(05-21-2012 06:14 PM)TOGC Wrote:  

Why would we want to go to a dying conference like the ACC? After the Big 12 takes your only two decent football programs, there won't be any reason to join.

TOGC, if you want top post here be respectful of the acc. Otherwise dont post here.
(This post was last modified: 05-21-2012 07:00 PM by cuseroc.)
05-21-2012 06:58 PM
Hokie Mark Offline
Hall of Famer

I Root For: VT, ACC teams
(05-21-2012 06:14 PM)TOGC Wrote:  The ACC is the modern day version of the SWC.

Technically, the Big XII is the modern day version of the SWC. It just hasn't blown up... yet. Who knows? Maybe the recent moves will bring 13 years of peace, prosperity & stability to the Big XII. Still, the only way I'd want VT to join it is if the bring pretty much all of the good ACC teams...
05-21-2012 07:15 PM
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
Advertisement

catdaddy_2402 Offline
I'm not an ACC cheerleader

I Root For: Clemson and ECU
(05-21-2012 07:33 PM)esayem Wrote:  I'm all for kicking out the academic dregs and replacing them with Tulane, Rice, SMU, and Rutgers. While we're at it lets change the conference name to the Magnolia League!

Yall might be able to compete in that league in football.

Oh wait, Wake would be there. Nevermind.
05-21-2012 08:10 PM
TOGC Offline
Resident genius

I Root For: Memphis
(05-21-2012 06:58 PM)cuseroc Wrote:  

TOGC, if you want top post here be respectful of the acc. Otherwise dont post here.

I made no negative comments about the conference until a certain someone decided to bash my school.
05-21-2012 08:27 PM
cuseroc Offline
Super Moderator

I Root For: Syracuse

Donators
(05-21-2012 08:27 PM)TOGC Wrote:  
(05-21-2012 06:58 PM)cuseroc Wrote:  

I made no negative comments about the conference until a certain someone decided to bash my school.

Well you did make a snarky remark about the Acc possibly inviting Tulane, which he responded to. I'm just reminding you that this is an Acc board and to play nice over here.
05-21-2012 09:55 PM

User(s) browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)

Copyright © 2002-2024 Collegiate Sports Nation Bulletin Board System (CSNbbs), All Rights Reserved.
CSNbbs is an independent fan site and is in no way affiliated to the NCAA or any of the schools and conferences it represents.
This site monetizes links. FTC Disclosure.
We allow third-party companies to serve ads and/or collect certain anonymous information when you visit our web site. These companies may use non-personally identifiable information (e.g., click stream information, browser type, time and date, subject of advertisements clicked or scrolled over) during your visits to this and other Web sites in order to provide advertisements about goods and services likely to be of greater interest to you. These companies typically use a cookie or third party web beacon to collect this information. To learn more about this behavioral advertising practice or to opt-out of this type of advertising, you can visit http://www.networkadvertising.org.