All these damn Yankees coming down here. 05-stirthepot

Doctor's Hospital is a great hospital.
05-18-2012 08:58 AM
Quote this message in a reply
SumOfAllFears Offline
Grim Reaper of Misguided Liberal Souls

I Root For: America
RE: 3rd Case in Atlanta of flesh-eating bacteria
I'm thinking that the CDC has something to do with it. Hope not, just coincidence?
05-18-2012 09:01 AM
Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
Advertisement

Rebel
Unregistered

CrappiesNew Orleans Bowl
(05-18-2012 09:01 AM)SumOfAllFears Wrote:  I'm thinking that the CDC has something to do with it. Hope not, just coincidence?

Has nothing to do with the CDC.
05-18-2012 09:02 AM
SumOfAllFears Offline
Grim Reaper of Misguided Liberal Souls

I Root For: America
Then it must be the damn Yanks or illegals.
05-18-2012 09:05 AM
Advertisement

Rebel
Unregistered

CrappiesNew Orleans Bowl
(05-18-2012 09:05 AM)SumOfAllFears Wrote:  Then it must be the damn Yanks or illegals.

That is plausible. Another reason these libs should be all onboard with stopping illegal immigration. We don't know what the hell they're bringing into the country. 3rd world countries are still suffering diseases we pretty much eradicated decades ago. Just be thankful that all the so-called "sanctuary cities" are liberal cities.
05-18-2012 09:25 AM
Machiavelli Offline
Back to Reality. Oh there goes Gravity

I Root For: BGSU
I've read some things on super monerans. Pretty scary stuff. A lot of these microbes in third world nations have become extremely resistant to many antibiotics. Pakistan is a hot spot for some particularly virulent strains. I'm hoping our boys aren't picking up some nasty stuff on tours of duty and bringing the strains home.
05-18-2012 03:13 PM
Advertisement

Rebel
Unregistered

CrappiesNew Orleans Bowl
(05-18-2012 03:13 PM)Machiavelli Wrote:  I've read some things on super monerans. Pretty scary stuff. A lot of these microbes in third world nations have become extremely resistant to many antibiotics. Pakistan is a hot spot for some particularly virulent strains. I'm hoping our boys aren't picking up some nasty stuff on tours of duty and bringing the strains home.

Do you realize the gauntlet of medical examinations we have to go through just to redeploy out of a deployment zone to head home? We have to be prodded like a lab rat just to deploy out of the states TO a deployment. In the Army it's called the SRP.

Maybe one day you'll see past your bias and realize that my assumption is more plausible.
05-18-2012 03:15 PM
Machiavelli Offline

Ohhh I hope it didn't come off that way. These guy's going off are putting their lives on the line in many ways. I'm saying Mexico has it's problems but they pale in comparison to a Pakistan. I'm dead serious about that too. Some very nasty multi resistant strains of bacteria are brewing in Central Asia. I like to read about these things because I teach a unit on it. Spores on gear. I can think of many ways a microbe could piggyback here to the states.
(This post was last modified: 05-18-2012 03:56 PM by Machiavelli.)
05-18-2012 03:56 PM
Advertisement

Machiavelli Offline

Buddy of mine who was deployed in Afghanistan jokes about some of the horse pills he was given while over there.
05-18-2012 03:59 PM
nomad2u2001 Offline
Hall of Famer

I Root For: ECU
Hmmm. Let's see if this ends up being a zombie situation in Atlanta. I've seen this somewhere before.
05-18-2012 04:04 PM

User(s) browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)

Copyright © 2002-2024 Collegiate Sports Nation Bulletin Board System (CSNbbs), All Rights Reserved.
CSNbbs is an independent fan site and is in no way affiliated to the NCAA or any of the schools and conferences it represents.
This site monetizes links. FTC Disclosure.
We allow third-party companies to serve ads and/or collect certain anonymous information when you visit our web site. These companies may use non-personally identifiable information (e.g., click stream information, browser type, time and date, subject of advertisements clicked or scrolled over) during your visits to this and other Web sites in order to provide advertisements about goods and services likely to be of greater interest to you. These companies typically use a cookie or third party web beacon to collect this information. To learn more about this behavioral advertising practice or to opt-out of this type of advertising, you can visit http://www.networkadvertising.org.