Hello There, Guest! (LoginRegister)

John Marinatto would make a great AD for SMU
BigEastHomer Offline
Banned

I Root For:
John Marinatto would make a great AD for SMU
With SMU's vacanacy at Athletic Director, I'm hoping they make a call up to Providence and interview John Marinatto for the position.
As a former AD at PC, Marinatto has experience at a private university that is under the umbrella of the Big East conference. He also knows the ins and outs of the conference better than anyone. He could be a uniter among the ADs from East to West.
And I really believe he understands the potential of SMU on the larger scale. He'd work great with Larry Brown on building SMU basketball brand awareness in the northeast.
I sincerely believe that SMU could have fallen on a lucky star that a guy with the connections of John Marinatto is available at this time. With good coaches at the football and basketball spots, Marinatto can just focus on raising the profile of SMU athletics and smoothen the transition.

[Image: 0.jpg]

[Image: dsc_0009.jpg]
(This post was last modified: 05-17-2012 04:29 PM by BigEastHomer.)
05-17-2012 04:27 PM
Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
Advertisement

Pony94 Offline

I Root For: SMU
RE: John Marinatto would make a great AD for SMU
that got a good chuckle from me
05-17-2012 04:32 PM
BigEastHomer Offline
Banned

I Root For:
That may be the natural reaction. But, when thinking it over more, I'm not sure you could find a better voice in those conference meetings for SMU than this guy. He knows the diverse networks that exist within the Big East membership and how to access them in SMU's best interests.

Perhaps the biggest thing is, I think that he believes in SMU. As many important people have said about the man, he's a tireless worker and would make the job his life.
(This post was last modified: 05-17-2012 04:41 PM by BigEastHomer.)
05-17-2012 04:39 PM
justinslot Offline
1st String

I Root For: Rutgers&Temple
Cannot see Johnny Providence in Dallas, shmoozing SMU boosters.
05-17-2012 04:54 PM
Advertisement

ArmoredUpKnight Offline
Heisman

I Root For: UCF Knights
Merge thread? Maybe smack thread??
05-17-2012 05:10 PM
BigEastHomer Offline
Banned

I Root For:
(05-17-2012 05:10 PM)ArmoredUpKnight Wrote:  Merge thread? Maybe smack thread??

LOL! Not smack..

IMO, SMU would ideally hire someone with relevant athletics experience in the northeast. That's what I'd be looking for.

I have nothing against Marinatto. By all accounts he's a good guy. His name value would be an asset to SMU.

Besides, I like those stories that come full circle! 04-cheers
(This post was last modified: 05-17-2012 07:09 PM by BigEastHomer.)
05-17-2012 07:07 PM
Mestophalies Offline
1st String

I Root For: USF
I for one also believe Marinatto would make a great AD. It would depend on the school and their needs.

Yes we vilified him for the shortcomings of the BE but that was not all his fault. The fact that he is out now has more to do with the perception of the BE and taking on a new image then any wrong doing on his part.

Believe me, Perception is everything and the general perception was that the nBe needed new leadership. So now they have the chance to get it and reinvent the brand at the same time. 04-cheers
05-17-2012 09:14 PM
Advertisement

RUfan03 Offline
1st String

I Root For: Rutgers, MCC
I think he did as well as he could as Commish of the BE under the circumstances. He was replaced because of short comings regarding tv negotiations and non football back round. He might make a good AD say at Providence but I am not so sure that he would fit in at SMU, who certainly wants to improve basketball but its first priority is still football.
05-17-2012 09:40 PM
shere khan Offline
Southerner

I Root For: Tulane
05-17-2012 09:48 PM
billyjack Offline
1st String

I Root For: Providence
(05-17-2012 09:48 PM)shere khan Wrote:  http://www.olivegarden.com/italian-resta...llas/1466/

First of all, thanks to ArmoredUpKnight for the great photo. Please post more often.

Secondly - - since we're all here to learn - - Italians from Providence don't eat at the Olive Garden. I've corrected this board on this specific joke several times before. It would be like thinking a guy from the coast of Maine would eat at Red Lobster, or thinking a guy from Paris (France) would enjoy a trip to the fake Paris that was built in Vegas- - the joke makes no sense.

Also, it's pretty disrespectful towards Italians anyway... it'd be like linking to a box of Rice-A-Roni when Jeremy Lin busted his knee or when Chan Ho Park got cut-- disrespectful on many levels. Thanks.
04-cheers
(This post was last modified: 05-17-2012 11:21 PM by billyjack.)
05-17-2012 11:15 PM
Advertisement

shere khan Offline
Southerner

(05-17-2012 11:15 PM)billyjack Wrote:  
(05-17-2012 09:48 PM)shere khan Wrote:  http://www.olivegarden.com/italian-resta...llas/1466/

First of all, thanks to ArmoredUpKnight for the great photo. Please post more often.

Secondly, Italians from Providence don't eat at the Olive Garden. I've corrected this board on this specific joke several times before. It would be like thinking a guy from the coast of Maine would eat at Red Lobster, or thinking a guy from Paris (France) would enjoy a trip to the fake Paris that was built in Vegas- - the joke makes no sense.

Also, it's pretty disrespectful towards Italians anyway... it'd be like linking to a box of Rice-A-Roni when Jeremy Lin busted his knee or when Chan Ho Park got cut-- disrespectful on many levels. Thanks.
04-cheers

http://www.redlobster.com/bar_harbor/

nah, they run up to wawrick
lighten up francis
(This post was last modified: 05-17-2012 11:31 PM by shere khan.)
05-17-2012 11:24 PM
billyjack Offline
1st String

(05-17-2012 11:24 PM)shere khan Wrote:  

Secondly, Italians from Providence don't eat at the Olive Garden. I've corrected this board on this specific joke several times before. It would be like thinking a guy from the coast of Maine would eat at Red Lobster, or thinking a guy from Paris (France) would enjoy a trip to the fake Paris that was built in Vegas- - the joke makes no sense.

04-cheers

lighten up francis

It's not about lightening up... it's about your joke making no sense... if I say something about Memphis that makes no sense (if I compliment Memphis on their great ski resorts), you should correct me on it.
05-17-2012 11:31 PM
shere khan Offline
Southerner

(05-17-2012 11:31 PM)billyjack Wrote:  
(05-17-2012 11:24 PM)shere khan Wrote:  

04-cheers

lighten up francis

It's not about lightening up... it's about your joke making no sense... if I say something about Memphis that makes no sense (if I compliment Memphis on their great ski resorts), you should correct me on it.

google search it for yourself John Marinatto Olive Garden

you really expect us to believe he has never heard of the "never ending pasta bowl" come one dude....

throw out the memphis bbq jokes all you want i can take it. this should be fun

xxoo
(This post was last modified: 05-17-2012 11:42 PM by shere khan.)
05-17-2012 11:40 PM
Advertisement

billyjack Offline
1st String

(05-17-2012 11:40 PM)shere khan Wrote:  google search it ...

No worries, I like Memphis...
04-cheers
05-17-2012 11:48 PM
shere khan Offline
Southerner

(05-17-2012 11:48 PM)billyjack Wrote:  
(05-17-2012 11:40 PM)shere khan Wrote:  google search it ...

No worries, I like Memphis...
04-cheers

ahh yes, despite all the haters we have some fun times ahead
04-cheers
05-18-2012 12:12 AM
OrangeCrush22 Offline
Heisman

I Root For: Syracuse
03-lmfao
05-18-2012 07:32 AM

User(s) browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)

Copyright © 2002-2024 Collegiate Sports Nation Bulletin Board System (CSNbbs), All Rights Reserved.
CSNbbs is an independent fan site and is in no way affiliated to the NCAA or any of the schools and conferences it represents.
This site monetizes links. FTC Disclosure.
We allow third-party companies to serve ads and/or collect certain anonymous information when you visit our web site. These companies may use non-personally identifiable information (e.g., click stream information, browser type, time and date, subject of advertisements clicked or scrolled over) during your visits to this and other Web sites in order to provide advertisements about goods and services likely to be of greater interest to you. These companies typically use a cookie or third party web beacon to collect this information. To learn more about this behavioral advertising practice or to opt-out of this type of advertising, you can visit http://www.networkadvertising.org.