Hello There, Guest! (LoginRegister)

Second Bernie Fine accuser says "nothing really happened to me"
zibby Offline
All American

I Root For:
Second Bernie Fine accuser says "nothing really happened to me"
Linky

For those of you scoring at home, that's now three of four accusers who admit they made up their accusations. All we're left with is the original accuser, who ESPN and the Syracuse newspaper decided wasn't credible when he first started claiming he was abused in 2003.
05-17-2012 12:37 PM
Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
Advertisement

SleepingGiantsFan Offline
1st String

I Root For: SDSU
RE: Second Bernie Fine accuser says "nothing really happened to me"
IIRC, it was Mark Schwartz who broke the story on ESPN. Something tells me Schwartz's contract isn't going to be renewed.
05-17-2012 12:42 PM
TexanMark Offline
Legend

I Root For: Syracuse
Zibby...this isn't going to make the haters happy...BTW, I'm still not convinced Bernie Fine is totally innocent...but I'm pretty sure he isn't a child molesting monster like Sandusky...I think Bernie Fine was/is probably bisexual or gay.

BTW, ESPN released the whole 46 min video tape...it paints light on Bernie as being gay but you really can't say it proves he molested underaged boys (IMHO) A reader gave a good synopis below in the comments

http://www.nunesmagician.com/2012/5/17/3...d#comments
(This post was last modified: 05-17-2012 01:16 PM by TexanMark.)
05-17-2012 12:52 PM
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
DFW HOYA Online
Heisman

I Root For: Georgetown
If it's all been made up, does that mean Fine should ask for his job back?
(This post was last modified: 05-17-2012 12:55 PM by DFW HOYA.)
05-17-2012 12:54 PM
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
Advertisement

KnightLight Offline
Legend

I Root For: UCF
(05-17-2012 12:37 PM)zibby Wrote:  Linky

For those of you scoring at home, that's now three of four accusers who admit they made up their accusations. All we're left with is the original accuser, who ESPN and the Syracuse newspaper decided wasn't credible when he first started claiming he was abused in 2003.

All's thats left is for Syracuse to rehire Fine back ASAP....because, afterall, he never touched a child, right?
(This post was last modified: 05-17-2012 12:55 PM by KnightLight.)
05-17-2012 12:54 PM
CPR Offline
2nd String

I Root For: USF
(05-17-2012 12:54 PM)DFW HOYA Wrote:  If it's all been made up, does that mean Fine should ask for his job back?

Nope, the damage is already done and so is his reputation even if the last accuser admits Fine didn't do anything. He can ask for it back, but it won't make any difference in the end.
05-17-2012 12:58 PM
zibby Offline
All American

I Root For:
(05-17-2012 12:52 PM)TexanMark Wrote:  Zibby...this isn't going to make the homophobes happy.

FTFY.

The current Age of Consent in New York is 17 (I don't know what it was back then). If you have any evidence that Fine and Davis had sexual relations before Davis was 17, please contact Bobby Davis and let him know because he doesn't have any.
05-17-2012 12:59 PM
Advertisement

UofMemphis Away
Official MT.org Ambassador of Smack

I Root For: Univ of Memphis

Donators
(05-17-2012 12:52 PM)TexanMark Wrote:  Zibby...this isn't going to make the haters happy...BTW, I'm still not convinced Bernie Fine is totally innocent...but I'm pretty sure he isn't a child molesting monster like Sandusky...I think Bernie Fine was/is probably bisexual or gay.

BTW, ESPN released the whole 46 min video tape...it paints light on Bernie as being gay but you really can't say it proves he molested underaged boys (IMHO) A reader gave a good synopis below in the comments

being gay and working in sports isn't a valid reason for people to make up stories about molestation...if innocent, he should sue the crap out of his accusers, and sue Cuse for his job back.
05-17-2012 01:21 PM
zibby Offline
All American

I Root For:
(05-17-2012 01:21 PM)UofMemphis Wrote:  if innocent, he should sue the crap out of his accusers,

Sue them for what? They don't have any money. They've been sponging off of him their whole lives.

(05-17-2012 01:21 PM)UofMemphis Wrote:  and sue Cuse for his job back.

Ever since Tomaselli and Van Hooser admitted they lied (I never believed Lang), I've wondered if SU has exposed itself to a lawsuit.
05-17-2012 01:29 PM
cuseroc Offline
Super Moderator

Donators
(05-17-2012 12:42 PM)SleepingGiantsFan Wrote:  IIRC, it was Mark Schwartz who broke the story on ESPN. Something tells me Schwartz's contract isn't going to be renewed.

Laurie Fine had a press conference yesterday and she has hired attornies and is going after ESPN for the way that this situation was handled and the way that she has been portrayed. But really, it was that taped phone conversation that she had that was really damaging. Imagine having a very private conversation with intimate details of issues going on in your life that you divulge to, what you thought was a very close friend, and then hearing that conversation being played over and over again thru the media.

Also 2 of the four bb players that this Bobby Davis accused Laurie Fine of sleeping with have denied the allegations. The other 2 players can not be found to comment as of yet.
05-17-2012 02:53 PM
Advertisement

Bearcat_Bounce Offline
God Like Summoner

I Root For: Winners
Unfortunately people have short attention spans to stories and will believe the intial reports and disregard the subsequent stories disproving the incidents. The damage has already been done, they have the right to sue.
05-17-2012 02:59 PM
HtownOrange Offline
All American

(05-17-2012 01:21 PM)UofMemphis Wrote:  
(05-17-2012 12:52 PM)TexanMark Wrote:  Zibby...this isn't going to make the haters happy...BTW, I'm still not convinced Bernie Fine is totally innocent...but I'm pretty sure he isn't a child molesting monster like Sandusky...I think Bernie Fine was/is probably bisexual or gay.

being gay and working in sports isn't a valid reason for people to make up stories about molestation...if innocent, he should sue the crap out of his accusers, and sue Cuse for his job back.

His career as a hoops coach is over unless he can find a high school in some small town in the middle of nowhere. Suing Syracuse for his job is highly unlikely. He had over 30 years there and would have retired soon, anyway. Also, as already mentioned, the damage is done, every institution, public or private, has a right to terminate people when the institution's reputation is on the line.

I do hope Syracuse does right by him and offers a severence package/retirement, or pays of his contract; what ever is appropriate per their employment arrangement.
05-17-2012 05:15 PM
BadWillHunting Offline
Special Teams

I Root For: Boise State
Looks to me like Fine isn't "Sandusky..."

Does appear that not only is Fine rather gay, but he seems to have been following a classic "Target the 'troubled' 17-25 year-old" young man..." pattern.

So while he's not the 'monster' Sandusky was, he still has NO business coaching or otherwise being around a university environment, with his "young men stalking" issues.

Why have most of the 'victims' relented? Probably because if Fine is called "abuser," then they're not under scrutiny. When you step back and call Bernie "Gay," then the next question heaped on the accusers is "So... are you gay, too?" Odd are most of them aren't too comfortable with that situation, and may just turn-tail and run as a result.

Just my theory.
05-17-2012 05:42 PM
Advertisement

Lolly Popp Offline
Magically Delicious

I Root For: Football
Trial by media strikes again. I agree that Fine may have been into college-aged young men but doesn't seem to be a child molester. Shockingly, ESPN was probably right the bury the original story in 2003, and most likely only reunearthed that dirt in order to piggyback on the sensationalism of the Sandusky case.

I think it is a shame that false accusations without evidence can ruin someone's career that they spent 30 years building. Fine should sue ESPN for defamation of character and similar charges, and sue Syracuse for wrongful termination, but he won't get his coaching job back. Maybe a library gig and full retirement.
05-17-2012 07:20 PM
cuseroc Offline
Super Moderator

Donators
Bernie Fine is doing ok for himself. He was recently hired as a bb consultant for another country, which I cant remember which it was. But hes doing well for himself. Still not the high profile position that he had at Syracuse. I do feel bad for him and his wife. Glad to see that he keeps on keeping on.
05-17-2012 08:02 PM
BMcKitchup Offline
Banned

I Root For: CUSA
I think these accusers may have watched the episode of It's Always Sunny in Philadelphia titled "Charlie got molested", one to many times.
05-17-2012 08:47 PM

User(s) browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)

Copyright © 2002-2024 Collegiate Sports Nation Bulletin Board System (CSNbbs), All Rights Reserved.
CSNbbs is an independent fan site and is in no way affiliated to the NCAA or any of the schools and conferences it represents.
This site monetizes links. FTC Disclosure.
We allow third-party companies to serve ads and/or collect certain anonymous information when you visit our web site. These companies may use non-personally identifiable information (e.g., click stream information, browser type, time and date, subject of advertisements clicked or scrolled over) during your visits to this and other Web sites in order to provide advertisements about goods and services likely to be of greater interest to you. These companies typically use a cookie or third party web beacon to collect this information. To learn more about this behavioral advertising practice or to opt-out of this type of advertising, you can visit http://www.networkadvertising.org.