Hello There, Guest! (LoginRegister)

Troy Player/Recruit Arrested for Burglary
Bookmark and Share
MT FAN Offline
All American

I Root For: Middle Tennesse
Troy Player/Recruit Arrested for Burglary
(This post was last modified: 05-14-2012 07:50 AM by MT FAN.)
05-14-2012 07:49 AM
Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
Advertisement

TroyFootball05 Online
1987 Man of the Year

I Root For: Good Times
RE: Troy Player/Recruit Arrested for Burglary
(05-14-2012 07:49 AM)MT FAN Wrote:  Same ole Troy.05-stirthepot

http://www2.dothaneagle.com/news/2012/ma...r-3776359/

lol, we haven't had a real problem since Jarboe. Let's pull up MTSU's arrest record over the last four years. It'll be the one time you have a winning record against Troy over the last few years. 05-stirthepot

This one's fresh:
Dearco Nolan (Assault, 2012)
Preston Bailey (Drugs, 2012)
Malcolm Beyah(Domestic Assault, 2012) Sounds like she deserved it though.
Eldred King (Assault)
Dwight Dasher (needs no link, we all know, caused more trouble for the program than people will ever realise)

There's a few that I'm forgetting, oh well. MTSU fans like to point fingers, but their team is responsible for more arrests than any other in the sunbelt, go figure.
(This post was last modified: 05-14-2012 08:33 AM by TroyFootball05.)
05-14-2012 08:27 AM
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
TrojanCampaign Offline
All American

I Root For: USC, AAMU,
Oh yes, because we are all so sure no Middle Tenn player has every committed a crime. I don't see the big issue here or how this has much to do with Troy. If he goes to jail for a few months that's on him not Troy and if all he has to do is pay for the damages then once again that's his responsibility no ours considering he is not even a student yet.

I honestly would be disappointed in our coach if he didn't still offer the guy a spot on the team if he isn't in jail. That scenario benefits no one because it leaves a spot open on the roster that is in need of running backs and WR's and would leave a guy on the streets who may have gone to college.

Everyone makes stupid mistakes when they are desperate I don't understand why people feel the need to crucify people instead of just punish them then try to help them.
05-14-2012 08:31 AM
Crump1 Offline
All American

I Root For: stAte
Give us a couple of years and we will rehabilitate him too.

ASU had a safety last year that was stupid enough to have a big box of weed mailed to him from CA.

There is another school here in Arkansas that's had 6 players arrested this offseason including 3 for burglary over the weekend.
05-14-2012 08:36 AM
RaiderDoug Offline
2nd String

I Root For: Middle
(05-14-2012 08:31 AM)TrojanCampaign Wrote:  I honestly would be disappointed in our coach if he didn't still offer the guy a spot on the team if he isn't in jail. That scenario benefits no one because it leaves a spot open on the roster that is in need of running backs and WR's and would leave a guy on the streets who may have gone to college.

I get the whole glass houses thing - because we all have idiots wearing our football unis and doing stupid stuff.

But you're really advocating that Troy should still offer what's likely a convicted felon "because it leaves a spot open on the roster that is in need of running backs and WR's"?!?!?!

As Micheal Irvin would say: "C'mon Man!".
05-14-2012 08:36 AM
TroyFootball05 Online
1987 Man of the Year

(05-14-2012 08:36 AM)RaiderDoug Wrote:  
(05-14-2012 08:31 AM)TrojanCampaign Wrote:  I honestly would be disappointed in our coach if he didn't still offer the guy a spot on the team if he isn't in jail. That scenario benefits no one because it leaves a spot open on the roster that is in need of running backs and WR's and would leave a guy on the streets who may have gone to college.

I get the whole glass houses thing - because we all have idiots wearing our football unis and doing stupid stuff.

But you're really advocating that Troy should still offer what's likely a convicted felon "because it leaves a spot open on the roster that is in need of running backs and WR's"?!?!?!

The kid should penalized as deemed appropriate by the police department and the coaching staff, and should not get any special treatment because he is a football player. That said, I hope the damages were exaggerated or that it's not as serious as it seems so we can see his 3,000 all purpose yards go to work.
05-14-2012 08:40 AM
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
Advertisement

RaiderDoug Offline
2nd String

(05-14-2012 08:40 AM)TroyFootball05 Wrote:  The kid should penalized as deemed appropriate by the police department and the coaching staff, and should not get any special treatment because he is a football player. That said, I hope the damages were exaggerated or that it's not as serious as it seems so we can see his 3,000 all purpose yards go to work.

I don't know if others agree, but to me, college football is a priviledge, not a right. I'd prefer that we keep the felons off the MT football team.

Maybe that's why we can't beat Troy lately (and we look like we're running in a sand pit). Nothing builds speed like running from the Popo.
05-14-2012 08:47 AM
TroyFootball05 Online
1987 Man of the Year

(05-14-2012 08:47 AM)RaiderDoug Wrote:  
(05-14-2012 08:40 AM)TroyFootball05 Wrote:  The kid should penalized as deemed appropriate by the police department and the coaching staff, and should not get any special treatment because he is a football player. That said, I hope the damages were exaggerated or that it's not as serious as it seems so we can see his 3,000 all purpose yards go to work.

I don't know if others agree, but to me, college football is a priviledge, not a right. I'd prefer that we keep the felons off the MT football team.

Maybe that's why we can't beat Troy lately (and we look like we're running in a sand pit). Nothing builds speed like running from the Popo.

Both schools of thought have good points. Maybe they shouldn't be on the team. Blakeney believes in second chances, and he's usually never wrong, its a rare occasion (Jarboe) that kids come to Troy with criminal records and leave a stain at Troy. Jeremy Elder, the Alabama player who robbed a gas station at gun point before transferring to Troy never made any trouble with anybody when he was here. Of course many can argue the phrase "second chances" really means "we wanna win football games." I think it'd be a bigger deal if the thugs Troy brings in continues to be thugs, but most of them don't so I don't see a problem.
(This post was last modified: 05-14-2012 08:54 AM by TroyFootball05.)
05-14-2012 08:53 AM
TrojanCampaign Offline
All American

(05-14-2012 08:36 AM)RaiderDoug Wrote:  

You misunderstand.

Not because he is a football player, but because it's worse to not give him a chance to turn his life around just because he made one stupid mistake. Trust me there's thousands of "convicted felons" you probably don't even know about.

Say he works of his issue then learns a life lesson from the situation then goes on to be the next Jernigan and get's rich. Instead of us just pulling his scholarship then encouraging him to commit another crime.

I say give him a chance but make it conditional.
05-14-2012 09:00 AM
TrojanCampaign Offline
All American

Your an example of why people hate Americans. Going to college should be a right not a privilege. Not everyone is born in the same situation and when your desperate you do desperate things like stealing.

Have you ever been so hungry you had to beg some random person for a dollar so you could buy a single pack of ramen noodles only to have 20 people walk past you and have some kid convince their mom to give it? I don't know his life story but I rather see my school give these type of guys a chance to do something with their life then to turn our back on fellow Americans and shut the door on their chance to do something with their life.

He could go to Troy, steal something again and become a bonehead who drops out of school. But he wont be able to say he wasn't given a chance to do something with his life.
(This post was last modified: 05-14-2012 09:16 AM by TrojanCampaign.)
05-14-2012 09:05 AM
RaiderDoug Offline
2nd String

(05-14-2012 09:05 AM)TrojanCampaign Wrote:  Your an example of why people hate Americans. Going to college should be a right not a privilege. Not everyone is born in the same situation and when your desperate you do desperate things like stealing.

Have you ever been so hungry you had to beg some random person for a dollar so you could buy a single pack of ramen noodles only to have 20 people walk past you and have some kid convince their mom to give it? I don't know his life story but I rather see my school give these type of guys a chance to do something with their life then to turn our back on fellow Americans and shut the door on their chance to do something with their life.

He could go to Troy steal something again and be a bonehead who drops out of school. But he wont be able to say he wasn't given a chance.

What's the weather like in the magical sunshine land of cupcakes and butterflies?

The world you described has no consequences. There's no excuse for criminal acts. None. Ever.

Me thinks you wouldn't be so forgiving if you were the victim.

The lesson you're giving this poor misguided youth is that you can committ all the crimes you want as long as your 40-time is under 4.6.
05-14-2012 09:21 AM
Advertisement

tw_fatcat Offline
Water Engineer

I Root For: Texas State
Having lived in many countries at this point, you couldn't be more wrong. People don't hate Americans because of college or because of our penal system. They hate Americans because of what our own media portrays us as. College being a right is a good argument but it should be earned, and an individual should not be given special privileges based his ability to play a sport. Playing college football is not and should never be a right, THAT IS A PRIVILEGE.

If this kid cleans up his act, he can go to college but in no way shape or form should he be given a free ride to play a sport (not a right at all) after committing a crime of this sort .

Moral flexibility should not be tolerated in College athletics. That is what is wrong with the game at this point. Look at the crime rates among college football and tell me there isn't something wrong here. It needs fixed immediately and people with your mindset (win at all cost) are ruining the game.
(This post was last modified: 05-14-2012 09:28 AM by tw_fatcat.)
05-14-2012 09:22 AM
MG61 Offline
Heisman

I Root For: UNT
(05-14-2012 09:22 AM)tw_fatcat Wrote:  Having lived in many countries at this point, you couldn't be more wrong. People don't hate Americans because of college or because of our penal system. They hate Americans because of what our own media portrays us as. College being a right is a good argument but it should be earned, and an individual should not be given special privileges based his ability to play a sport. Playing college football is not and should never be a right, THAT IS A PRIVILEGE.

If this kid cleans up his act, he can go to college but in no way shape or form should he be given a free ride to play a sport (not a right at all) after committing a crime of this sort .

Moral flexibility should not be tolerated in College athletics. That is what is wrong with the game at this point. Look at the crime rates among college football and tell me there isn't something wrong here. It needs fixed immediately and people with your mindset (win at all cost) are ruining the game.

+1
05-14-2012 09:29 AM
TroyFootball05 Online
1987 Man of the Year

(05-14-2012 09:05 AM)TrojanCampaign Wrote:  

Your an example of why people hate Americans. Going to college should be a right not a privilege. Not everyone is born in the same situation and when your desperate you do desperate things like stealing.

He could go to Troy, steal something again and become a bonehead who drops out of school. But he wont be able to say he wasn't given a chance to do something with his life.

I really agree with your last statement. Your life will become better by making other peoples lives better. That's why I think people deserve second chances, but not third chances.

The second paragraph not so much. I believe most people have the ability to change their poverty stricken situations (or being beggars like you alluded) but most people do not try to change their situation. They are at effect to what's around them as opposed to just making a choice that where you are isn't where you have to be.

Few things are out of people's control, like being born in a third world country. If you're born in America, you have the chance to better your situation.

As for your first paragraph, the minute you say things like "Your an example of why people hate Americans" it makes people not want to read your comments. And its not because you spelled "you're" incorrectly (today's generation of computer savy folks, such as myself, rely way too much on spell check). If you have a disagreement, the second you focus on the person all logical reasoning goes out the window and a pissing match could, and often does, occur. What good, could possibly come of that? All I'm saying is be careful how you talk to people. It probably wasn't even my place to say that, but anyways.
(This post was last modified: 05-14-2012 11:47 AM by TroyFootball05.)
05-14-2012 10:11 AM
crawfish3 Offline
Bench Warmer

I Root For:
This stuff happens.. but Blakely's remark "We support the kid" sounds a little lame. At least comment say soemthing to the effect that you are waiting for all of the facts to come in.

Oh well, coaches will be coaches. (not just at Troy, everywhere)
(This post was last modified: 05-14-2012 10:31 AM by crawfish3.)
05-14-2012 10:29 AM
tw_fatcat Offline
Water Engineer

I Root For: Texas State
(05-14-2012 10:29 AM)crawfish3 Wrote:  This stuff happens.. but Blakely remark "We support the kid.

Coaches will be coaches.

That is the thing, coaches will be coaches should not be accepted. These coaches should hold these kids accountable and let them know that if they screw up (depending on the issue) they MIGHT get another chance. This kid hasn't even started playing yet and might get a free pass. Sorry but I will never agree with that.

It is not only wrong to honor this kid's scholarship but it is a slap in the face to those of us who busted our asses to get to school in the first place. I wasn't given anything in life and worked my way into school. I started school at the age of 27, not because I was messing around but because I couldn't afford it. I made it happen though and I deserved to be there. Does this kid?
(This post was last modified: 05-14-2012 10:35 AM by tw_fatcat.)
05-14-2012 10:34 AM
Advertisement

TrojanNation Offline
Special Teams

I Root For: Troy
Good lord...

It was a senior prank that went a little to far.

They will plea it down. They will pay a fine and do community service and clean the school up.

We rolled/toothpicked (have to pick them up individually because a rake won't grab them for the most part) my school as a senior prank. If the police would have been called and charges pressed, they probably could have totaled up over 10k in damages (time spent cleaning it up). If I am not mistaken, 10k is a felony.

I just love how it is always the MUTS that like to bring this kind of stuff up. I was wondering how long it would take for one of them to post it on here.
05-14-2012 11:27 AM
MT FAN Offline
All American

I Root For: Middle Tennesse
Mission accomplished
05-14-2012 11:29 AM
TrojanNation Offline
Special Teams

(05-14-2012 11:29 AM)MT FAN Wrote:  Mission accomplished
So lets compare the two most recent arrest...
http://www.tennessean.com/article/D4/201...ed-assault
"MTSU's Nolan Arested for Assault"
or
"Star athlete charged in Elba High burglary" (aka senior prank)
05-14-2012 11:37 AM
TrojanNation Offline
Special Teams

(05-14-2012 08:27 AM)TroyFootball05 Wrote:  [Dearco Nolan[/url] (Assault, 2012)
Preston Bailey (Drugs, 2012)

Lets not forget that he was using scholarship money to fund his drug buisness.
05-14-2012 11:41 AM

User(s) browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)

Copyright © 2002-2024 Collegiate Sports Nation Bulletin Board System (CSNbbs), All Rights Reserved.
CSNbbs is an independent fan site and is in no way affiliated to the NCAA or any of the schools and conferences it represents.
This site monetizes links. FTC Disclosure.
We allow third-party companies to serve ads and/or collect certain anonymous information when you visit our web site. These companies may use non-personally identifiable information (e.g., click stream information, browser type, time and date, subject of advertisements clicked or scrolled over) during your visits to this and other Web sites in order to provide advertisements about goods and services likely to be of greater interest to you. These companies typically use a cookie or third party web beacon to collect this information. To learn more about this behavioral advertising practice or to opt-out of this type of advertising, you can visit http://www.networkadvertising.org.