Hello There, Guest! (LoginRegister)

Any Ray Lee Sightings?
Bookmark and Share
emu79 Offline
Hall of Famer

I Root For: emu
Any Ray Lee Sightings?
If he signed what isn't EMU commenting or releasing a press release?

He's our premier recruit in this class so why is mum the word?
05-08-2012 01:07 PM
Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
Advertisement

Dennis Hoopster Offline
Special Teams

I Root For: Eagles
RE: Any Ray Lee Sightings?
good question? have no idea! Hope there are no complications. I beleive he tweeted that he signed.

I'm puzzled by the whole recruiting scenario with hoops and Murphy.
05-08-2012 01:45 PM
EagleSam Offline
Heisman

I Root For: EMU
He tweeted that he signed and sent in his LOI. He also frequently has conversations with players on the team (Glenn Bryant, Jamell Harris, etc.) on twitter about how pumped they are for next season. As far as I can tell, he's in. I have no idea why there hasn't been a press release, though. Maybe they are waiting til June to see how his grades turn out.
05-08-2012 02:09 PM
NUPudge Offline
1st String

I Root For: EMU Football
My 1st basketball posting..

This is what I had been saying, where is the energy in getting the basketball fan curious about the team.. Throw the dogg a bone to chew on until later..

It's like dating, show or give me something so I will keep asking you out or wanting to hang around..
05-08-2012 02:50 PM
emu steve Online
Legend

I Root For: EMU / MAC
(05-08-2012 02:09 PM)EagleSam Wrote:  He tweeted that he signed and sent in his LOI. He also frequently has conversations with players on the team (Glenn Bryant, Jamell Harris, etc.) on twitter about how pumped they are for next season. As far as I can tell, he's in. I have no idea why there hasn't been a press release, though. Maybe they are waiting til June to see how his grades turn out.

The only thing I can think is that both Lee and Still have had issues and I wonder if they could be added to the team without a press release.

Seems likely to cause more attention not less...
05-08-2012 03:37 PM
emu79 Offline
Hall of Famer

If you're not proud enough of them to announce it to the world then don't sign them.

I don't understand EMU's PR sometimes I mean is the code word buzz kill.
05-08-2012 05:34 PM
Advertisement

NUPudge Offline
1st String

Is EMU even doing any type of PR? Why wait until the start of the season.. Is there a plan for getting cheeks-in-seat? I know I said I was done bringing this up but again, EMU needs some type of talk show that covers the sports at the schools and maybe the surrounding HS.. I am sure the outta state alums would love to hear and talk Eagle sports.. Or even know what is happening at the school.
05-09-2012 07:19 AM
emu steve Online
Legend

(05-08-2012 05:34 PM)emu79 Wrote:  If you're not proud enough of them to announce it to the world then don't sign them.

there is something we don't understand.

EMU DOES announce signings. I remember FB.

I saw this from earlier this week.

http://www.emueagles.com/news/2012/5/8/W...20939.aspx

This business of waiting for the announcements of Still and Lee is like the old Panda watches at the National Zoo everyday.
05-09-2012 07:54 AM
NUPudge Offline
1st String

(05-09-2012 07:54 AM)emu steve Wrote:  
(05-08-2012 05:34 PM)emu79 Wrote:  If you're not proud enough of them to announce it to the world then don't sign them.

there is something we don't understand.

EMU DOES announce signings. I remember FB.

I saw this from earlier this week.

http://www.emueagles.com/news/2012/5/8/W...20939.aspx

This business of waiting for the announcements of Still and Lee is like the old Panda watches at the National Zoo everyday.

The Panda has no control over anything and is being control..
05-09-2012 08:40 AM
emu steve Online
Legend

(05-09-2012 07:19 AM)NUPudge Wrote:  Is EMU even doing any type of PR? Why wait until the start of the season.. Is there a plan for getting cheeks-in-seat? I know I said I was done bringing this up but again, EMU needs some type of talk show that covers the sports at the schools and maybe the surrounding HS.. I am sure the outta state alums would love to hear and talk Eagle sports.. Or even know what is happening at the school.

Both Dennis Hoopster and I know the EMU SID very well.

He is highly competent, in the EMU HOF, and knows the business as well as anyone.

I'm convinced that there is a reason for not announcing Lee and Still but UNTIL we know IDK (I don't know) is where I'm at.

I believe the decision isn't coming from the SID office.

When we know we'll know why we don't not now know...

Make sense?
05-09-2012 09:05 AM
NUPudge Offline
1st String

(05-09-2012 09:05 AM)emu steve Wrote:  
(05-09-2012 07:19 AM)NUPudge Wrote:  Is EMU even doing any type of PR? Why wait until the start of the season.. Is there a plan for getting cheeks-in-seat? I know I said I was done bringing this up but again, EMU needs some type of talk show that covers the sports at the schools and maybe the surrounding HS.. I am sure the outta state alums would love to hear and talk Eagle sports.. Or even know what is happening at the school.

Both Dennis Hoopster and I know the EMU SID very well.

He is highly competent, in the EMU HOF, and knows the business as well as anyone.

I'm convinced that there is a reason for not announcing Lee and Still but UNTIL we know IDK (I don't know) is where I'm at.

I believe the decision isn't coming from the SID office.

When we know we'll know why we don't not now know...

Make sense?

Thanks EmuSteve,

What is SID?

I think the point is no communication lead to rumors and speculations about things.. It also cause confusions because information is not being shared.. I am not asking for recruits we are after, these kids should be signed.. Even English has a sit down Internet show talking about the recruits, and the fans are happy because they feel info and communicated to..

This also plays into my comment about a radio station.
I am off my soapbox now ...
(This post was last modified: 05-09-2012 10:28 AM by NUPudge.)
05-09-2012 10:27 AM
Advertisement

Dennis Hoopster Offline
Special Teams

SID = sports information director.

Steve is referring to Jim Streeter who is the dean of MAC SID's

Jim doesn't / can't

release articles etc., whether on recruit signings or other matters until the coaches tell him to..
05-09-2012 10:40 AM
Dennis Hoopster Offline
Special Teams

(05-08-2012 02:09 PM)EagleSam Wrote:  He tweeted that he signed and sent in his LOI. He also frequently has conversations with players on the team (Glenn Bryant, Jamell Harris, etc.) on twitter about how pumped they are for next season. As far as I can tell, he's in. I have no idea why there hasn't been a press release, though. Maybe they are waiting til June to see how his grades turn out.

The new recruits will be on campus in June and will be playing in Open Gym sometime in late June for the duration of the summer. Open Gyms usually attract walk ons andrecruits as well - re: class of 2013 recruits.

I hope to catch a lot of the action in the auxilary gym. It will be lots of fun and excitement.
05-09-2012 11:03 AM
emu steve Online
Legend

Although I do NOT know the academic status of both Lee and Still it is possible that they have not yet 'declared' to be academically qualified. Perhaps both need favorable grades from their current semesters.

IF they do not become academic qualifiers they probably won't be announced.

Why announce as part of the 2012-2013 class someone who isn't part of it? 03-idea

(do remember, an signed LOI for a non-qualifier isn't worth the paper it is written on. The player must be academically qualified for it to be legal).

Fans and the university treat non-qualifiers completely differently. We tend to treat them as 'sitouts'. The university treats them as non qualifiers, essentially as non athletes. They are prohibited from doing so many things.
(This post was last modified: 05-09-2012 11:55 AM by emu steve.)
05-09-2012 11:49 AM
emu79 Offline
Hall of Famer

Well if Lee and Still aren't academically eligible for next year then Ross would be the only recruit able to play and that in my opinion doesn't upgrade the guard position as much I had hoped. Bryant and Harrison will upgrade the team but who is going to get the ball to them?

Can prop 48 recruits take part in open practice during the summer with their perspective teams?
05-10-2012 10:05 AM
emu steve Online
Legend

(05-10-2012 10:05 AM)emu79 Wrote:  Well if Lee and Still aren't academically eligible for next year then Ross would be the only recruit able to play and that in my opinion doesn't upgrade the guard position as much I had hoped. Bryant and Harrison will upgrade the team but who is going to get the ball to them?

Can prop 48 recruits take part in open practice during the summer with their perspective teams?

Open is open. I suspect Earl Boykins could if he wanted too also.

We are making TOO much of Still and Lee. I am assuming both will be good to go and will be quietly added to the roster before Summer is over.

No need for big releases or a parade outside the Convo.
05-10-2012 10:12 AM
Advertisement

emu79 Offline
Hall of Famer

I don't think anyone wants a parade around the Convo just basic information on who the program is signing and how the program is progressing. The women's mystery class (apparently there is a hint there were fall signings) is a mystery.

I think Ray Lee is a big deal, he's probably the highest ranked national recruit since Darryl Garrett. The fact that he signed with EMU is important as evidence of a turn around in the program. Why you would not want to give that as wide media attention as possible?
05-10-2012 11:29 AM
NUPudge Offline
1st String

(05-10-2012 11:29 AM)emu79 Wrote:  I don't think anyone wants a parade around the Convo just basic information on who the program is signing and how the program is progressing. The women's mystery class (apparently there is a hint there were fall signings) is a mystery.

I think Ray Lee is a big deal, he's probably the highest ranked national recruit since Darryl Garrett. The fact that he signed with EMU is important as evidence of a turn around in the program. Why you would not want to give that as wide media attention as possible?

EmuSteve,

I think Emu79 is correct, it's called marketing your product and getting value to your brand..
05-10-2012 11:32 AM
emu steve Online
Legend

(05-10-2012 11:32 AM)NUPudge Wrote:  
(05-10-2012 11:29 AM)emu79 Wrote:  I don't think anyone wants a parade around the Convo just basic information on who the program is signing and how the program is progressing. The women's mystery class (apparently there is a hint there were fall signings) is a mystery.

EmuSteve,

I think Emu79 is correct, it's called marketing your product and getting value to your brand..

In all due regard to posters on this board, when the posters and the program manager (e.g., Rob Murphy) disagree on something of this nature I'll go with the program manager.

We are 05-deadhorse but there must be a reason for not announcing the signings.

It is almost as if posters are saying that Murphy is incompetent in not knowing what we know (Lee is a prime recruit and prime recruits have PR value).

"We won't know until we know..."

It could be that Murphy does not want to announce ANYONE until he is say 95% sure they'll be eligible and will show up.

There could be other reasons.

English never announced Watson (whom I believe never signed, anyway) Feb '11.

I will say that Still and Lee are signed. Lee tweeted and Still TOLD ME at the MSU game.
(This post was last modified: 05-10-2012 12:18 PM by emu steve.)
05-10-2012 12:05 PM
Dennis Hoopster Offline
Special Teams

Signed but sealed and delivered???
05-10-2012 01:28 PM

User(s) browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)

Copyright © 2002-2024 Collegiate Sports Nation Bulletin Board System (CSNbbs), All Rights Reserved.
CSNbbs is an independent fan site and is in no way affiliated to the NCAA or any of the schools and conferences it represents.
This site monetizes links. FTC Disclosure.
We allow third-party companies to serve ads and/or collect certain anonymous information when you visit our web site. These companies may use non-personally identifiable information (e.g., click stream information, browser type, time and date, subject of advertisements clicked or scrolled over) during your visits to this and other Web sites in order to provide advertisements about goods and services likely to be of greater interest to you. These companies typically use a cookie or third party web beacon to collect this information. To learn more about this behavioral advertising practice or to opt-out of this type of advertising, you can visit http://www.networkadvertising.org.