Hello There, Guest! (LoginRegister)

Why is anyone surprised
Bookmark and Share
ncrdbl1 Offline
Legend

I Root For: Memphis Tigers
Why is anyone surprised
When it comes to the way NBA games are officiated. The NBA OWNED the New Orleans Hornets and tried to move Chris Paul to the Lakers, but the other owners cried foul and the deal was struck down. Then they moved him to the other LA team in the Clippers. Since then Chris Paul has been able to do anything he wishes on the court and get away with it.
05-05-2012 05:21 PM
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
Advertisement

T1G3R Offline
1st String

RE: Why is anyone surprised
I know there is a conspiracy about that the NBA is rigged in this way, but It's hard to argue with this.
05-05-2012 07:18 PM
Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
Tiger46 Offline
Hall of Famer

I Root For: Tigers
(05-05-2012 07:18 PM)T1G3R Wrote:  I know there is a conspiracy about that the NBA is rigged in this way, but It's hard to argue with this.

How could anyone not realize what goes on in NBA officiating?
05-05-2012 08:17 PM
k2tigers Offline
Hall of Famer

I Root For: Memphis
Donators
Act 4 - Monday night:
Grizz play hard, but come up on the short end once again...could even be another 1 pt loss

Act 5 - Wednesday night:
Grizz hold court in the FEF...courtesy victory for all the advertisers

Act 6 - Friday night:
Clipps win, with a huge advantage from officials

Act 7 -
LAC @ San Antonio
Better for the league...San Antonio is a solid team that has little national appeal; LAC is LOB CITY

Our margin for error was slim to begin with. Losing two games by 1 pt makes it easier to create this 2nd round play to attract more viewers and national PR. LA is always national.
05-05-2012 08:26 PM
UofMark Offline
Heisman

Our lack of execution in the 4th did us in tonight. Nothing more, nothing less.
05-05-2012 09:02 PM
HometownTiger Offline
Hall of Famer

I don't really have a problem with officiating. It's been a brawl all 3 games, but both sides are to blame. We aint choir boys.

DISCLAIMER: CP3 is a baller, but sucha little *****....and don't even get me started on Blake Griffin.
05-05-2012 10:03 PM
Advertisement

TigerBill Offline
Imperator Optimus Maximus

I Root For: Liberation

Donators
(05-05-2012 08:17 PM)Tiger46 Wrote:  
(05-05-2012 07:18 PM)T1G3R Wrote:  I know there is a conspiracy about that the NBA is rigged in this way, but It's hard to argue with this.

I simply don't understand why anybody thinks it's real.
05-05-2012 10:14 PM
tmoneyinmphs Offline
Mt.org's DJ wannabe

Clippers been getting calls at home all year long. It's not new. I can't really say it's a nba agenda being against the grizz. I think the spurs mphs matchup is more interesting than spurs clippers, but yes, the la market is large.

The calls were lame in a few spots, but they were not outright jobbing the grizz. The grizz actually shot more free throws. It really came down to the grizz making too many mistakes throughout the entire game. They just shot the ball a little better in the 3rd.
(This post was last modified: 05-05-2012 10:26 PM by tmoneyinmphs.)
05-05-2012 10:19 PM
k2tigers Offline
Hall of Famer

Donators
(05-05-2012 10:14 PM)TigerBill Wrote:  

It's an age old question, TB. One I don't have an answer for. On one hand when I lived in Chicago during the Jordan years, I would simply scoff at the folks who said these games were fixed.

Now on the other side, rooting for the Grizz vs. a team essentially put together and agreed upon by David Stern, I see the same thing going on.
05-05-2012 10:21 PM
CUSA_NEWS Offline
Heisman

I Root For: Memphis Ligers
Not the refs doing us in....it's buttholes tightening up doing us in. Rudy is the only player hitting shots in the 4th. He broke the drought in game 1 for us, carried the team in game 2 and did his superman thing this game only to have Robin choke under pressure.

Oh well...
(This post was last modified: 05-05-2012 11:06 PM by CUSA_NEWS.)
05-05-2012 11:05 PM
tigers0830 Offline
Heisman

I Root For:
The two games we have given away anybody want to guess how many minutes Tony Allen has played in the 4th?

He has played a whopping 2 mins and 50 sec that is unacceptable for hands down the best defender and hardest grinder on the team. As much as Hollins has done well these two give away games are just as much his fault for not putting Allen in the game to protect the lead.

This is what every fan should be upset about not the boneheaded mistakes the players made, but instead the boneheaded mistake Hollins has made in two games.
05-06-2012 12:34 AM
Advertisement

Tiger1983 Offline
BBA

I Root For: Tigers - GTG!

DonatorsDonatorsDonators
There is no conspiracy to keep the Griz down or the victory over SA last year would not have happen. Also, evidence of tampering would eventually appear and it would prove devastating to the NBA.

However, it is a fact that the NBA is a business and ratings are better when teams from major markets or with marquee names on the rosters play each other.
05-06-2012 04:37 AM
TigerBill Offline
Imperator Optimus Maximus

I Root For: Liberation

Donators
(05-05-2012 10:21 PM)k2tigers Wrote:  
(05-05-2012 10:14 PM)TigerBill Wrote:  

It's an age old question, TB. One I don't have an answer for. On one hand when I lived in Chicago during the Jordan years, I would simply scoff at the folks who said these games were fixed.

Now on the other side, rooting for the Grizz vs. a team essentially put together and agreed upon by David Stern, I see the same thing going on.

I have never thought all of the games are fixed; they're not. Just some of them. For example, last year's SA series wasn't, because neither market is so huge that it needed to win and the novelty of Memphis beating the Spurs was enough to offset their previous fame.

But Memphis beating an LA franchise? Especially one that sells lots of Blake Griffin jerseys? Not gonna be allowed to happen.

So, if I'm proved wrong, then great, the Grizz move forward. If not...
05-06-2012 08:24 AM
k2tigers Offline
Hall of Famer

Donators
not "fixed" but orchestrated to "help" the intended outcome....these guys think way too much of themselves and it shows on the court - they want to be the show...

http://www.nytimes.com/2012/05/06/sports...tw-nytimes
05-06-2012 08:28 AM
CUSA_NEWS Offline
Heisman

I Root For: Memphis Ligers
(05-06-2012 12:34 AM)tigers0830 Wrote:  The two games we have given away anybody want to guess how many minutes Tony Allen has played in the 4th?

He has played a whopping 2 mins and 50 sec that is unacceptable for hands down the best defender and hardest grinder on the team. As much as Hollins has done well these two give away games are just as much his fault for not putting Allen in the game to protect the lead.

This is what every fan should be upset about not the boneheaded mistakes the players made, but instead the boneheaded mistake Hollins has made in two games.

TA is a liability offensively which means teams will lag off him to make it harder for the true scorers to score. Plus, TA gambles defensively....see game 1 errant foul on Cp3....
05-06-2012 09:01 AM
tigers0830 Offline
Heisman

I Root For:
(05-06-2012 09:01 AM)CUSA_NEWS Wrote:  
(05-06-2012 12:34 AM)tigers0830 Wrote:  The two games we have given away anybody want to guess how many minutes Tony Allen has played in the 4th?

TA is a liability offensively which means teams will lag off him to make it harder for the true scorers to score. Plus, TA gambles defensively....see game 1 errant foul on Cp3....

First off that was not a foul on CP3 that at worst was a jump ball end of story. Next I don't care about his offensive game the Grizzlies are not an offensive juggernaut. When you are trying to hold on to a lead in the 4th your best defender needs to be on the court. Again it is no coincidence that when Tony plays 25 mins or more that the Grizzlies win 75% of their games.
05-06-2012 09:55 AM
Advertisement

Mimi Offline
Who farted??

I Root For: reasonableness
Clippers went 13/30 from the line. Normal free throw shooting- and would have been a relatively comfortable home win for them.

Are folks sure Memphis is the better team?
05-06-2012 09:57 AM
tigers0830 Offline
Heisman

I Root For:
(05-06-2012 09:57 AM)Mimi Wrote:  Clippers went 13/30 from the line. Normal free throw shooting- and would have been a relatively comfortable home win for them.

Are folks sure Memphis is the better team?

Yes because coming into the series the Clippers were not a good free throw shooting team everybody knew that. So that stat doesn't surprise me.

Grizzlies blew a 27 pt lead in a game they absolutely dominated the Clippers in game 1 and then yesterday made too many boneheaded mistakes that cost game 3. That is two games the Grizz have given away.
05-06-2012 10:15 AM
Mimi Offline
Who farted??

I Root For: reasonableness
...or, two games that the Clippers showed significantly more mental toughness in.

And while they may not be a good free throw shooting team, I doubt their season average is around 40%.

Memphis may be better- but claiming they have been better in the three total games when the other team has been incredibly and unquestionably tougher down the stretch seems off.
05-06-2012 05:59 PM
BIGGESTTIGERJLB Offline
Hall of Famer

I Root For: UofM TIGERS!
The Clippers have better scorers and just as much "grit and grind".

Not sure why Grizz fans think we're "better" than other teams. We're too weak offensively to be "better", IMHO.
05-06-2012 06:12 PM

User(s) browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)

photo cincinnati.png  photo connecticut.png  photo east_carolina.png  photo houston.png  photo memphis.png  photo navy.png  photo smu.png  photo temple.png  photo tulane.png  photo central_florida.png  photo south_florida.png
 photo louisville.png  photo rutgers.png

Copyright © 2002-2024 Collegiate Sports Nation Bulletin Board System (CSNbbs), All Rights Reserved.
CSNbbs is an independent fan site and is in no way affiliated to the NCAA or any of the schools and conferences it represents.
This site monetizes links. FTC Disclosure.
We allow third-party companies to serve ads and/or collect certain anonymous information when you visit our web site. These companies may use non-personally identifiable information (e.g., click stream information, browser type, time and date, subject of advertisements clicked or scrolled over) during your visits to this and other Web sites in order to provide advertisements about goods and services likely to be of greater interest to you. These companies typically use a cookie or third party web beacon to collect this information. To learn more about this behavioral advertising practice or to opt-out of this type of advertising, you can visit http://www.networkadvertising.org.