I Root For:

Vote him off the island?
08-16-2004 10:45 AM
Find all posts by this user
Advertisement

nflsucks Offline
Special Teams

I Root For:

I don't think the guy should be banned, he just needs to learn that us, being Big East fans, will talk about expansion and future teams, even if it's not the most likely scenerio at the current time. He doesn't need to continuously point out that he thinks the Big East will never expand or split.
08-16-2004 10:50 AM
TopCoog Offline
Heisman

I Root For:

he is not going to get banned because he only gives points of view. The last time I looked this is not Nazi Germany. That said, "where is the beef." If you say something without any facts or information to back it up someone will eventually call you on it.
08-16-2004 11:01 AM
Ty-Bull Offline
Special Teams

I Root For:

1st Admemenent Rights........

Eagle n 'Yune..... Ban............

P.S. Just Kidding
08-16-2004 11:39 AM
L-yes Offline
Heisman

I Root For:

TopCoog Wrote:If you say something without any facts or information to back it up someone will eventually call you on it.
look in the mirror.
08-16-2004 11:41 AM
Cat's_Claw Offline
All American

I Root For:

he is not going to get banned because he only gives points of view. The last time I looked this is not Nazi Germany. That said, "where is the beef."

And last I checked it's not against the law to ban you from a message board. Comparing being banned from a message board to Nazi Germany is so stupid on so many levels.

If you say something without any facts or information to back it up someone will eventually call you on it.

Said the guy claimed Notre Dame would leave this year, the Big East wouldn't keep their BCS bid, that the Big East would be in the 5th BCS bowl and only get a 4th or 5th of the payday of the other BCS conferences, etc., etc.
08-16-2004 05:08 PM
Advertisement

EnterSandman Offline
Master Of Your Domain

I Root For: The Ville

Ty-Bull Wrote:1st Admemenent Rights........

Eagle n 'Yune..... Ban............

P.S. Just Kidding
Ty...If Yune shows up I'll pull the trigger personality.
08-16-2004 05:11 PM
99Tiger Offline
I got tiger blood, man.

I Root For: football wins

Crappies

Actually, this is a Big East board, for Big East posters. You and I (and many others) are guests/lurkers and should be respectful of that. You come on here bashing everyone's opinion except your own and really don't add much to the conversations except flamebait. If the BE mods decide that your points of view are argumentative, they can ban you from posting here. It's been done on other boards (not to you specifically, as far as I know).

Personally, I get a little tired of hearing you make the same point over and over again everytime someone brings up the possibility of a route that doesn't follow your "logic" perfectly. Few on this board really have a clue what goes on...and that includes you.
08-16-2004 05:31 PM
EnterSandman Offline
Master Of Your Domain

I Root For: The Ville

99Tiger Wrote:Actually, this is a Big East board, for Big East posters. You and I (and many others) are guests/lurkers and should be respectful of that. You come on here bashing everyone's opinion except your own and really don't add much to the conversations except flamebait. If the BE mods decide that your points of view are argumentative, they can ban you from posting here. It's been done on other boards (not to you specifically, as far as I know).

Personally, I get a little tired of hearing you make the same point over and over again everytime someone brings up the possibility of a route that doesn't follow your "logic" perfectly. Few on this board really have a clue what goes on...and that includes you.
Give that man a standing ovation. Well said.
08-16-2004 05:34 PM
TopCoog Offline
Heisman

I Root For:

99...I am no more redundant than this entire board. 90% of the talk on this board consists of (1) some mythical split which no one has yet to substantiate (2) Who is going to be added, as if someone were. If I am replying to a topic someone had to post it in the first place. Truth is, its my view points they don't like. That is the bottom line, pure and simple. I don't think the NBE is a very good football league nor does it have the programs to ever be. It is a great basketball league and is driven by basketball.
Whats the old saying...if you can't take the heat....
08-16-2004 05:46 PM
nflsucks Offline
Special Teams

I Root For:

Quote:Truth is, its my view points they don't like. That is the bottom line, pure and simple.
That's not true for all of us. I don't want the Big East to split or add teams (unless it's one of the 8 basketball schools going 1-A like Uconn did). I don't like you because you force your opinion down everyone's throat, claim it as fact, and everyone else's opinion is 'highly unlikely at best.' Yet you never provide any sources for your claims while demanding claims from anyone stating an opinion that differs from yours.

That's fine if you want to chime in when the time is right, but this UCF fan asks a HYPOTHETICAL QUESTION of IF THE BIG EAST EXPANDED TO 12, WHERE WOULD THE TITLE GAME BE PLAYED?

That doesn't call for your opinion on expansion. When you do stuff like that, you're getting out of hand and just trying to start a fight.

Quote:nor does it have the programs to ever be.
And you wonder why you are so unliked around here.
08-16-2004 06:41 PM
Advertisement

99Tiger Offline
I got tiger blood, man.

I Root For: football wins

Crappies

TC...most of what gets posted on these boards is opinion...the difference between me posting my opinion and you posting yours is that I respect that some people have differing opinions and rarely call anyone an idiot, whereas, you tend to bash everyone over the head with your opinions...and if they still don't see things your way, you try to bash harder.

I'm not going to stray off-topic to a theoretical split...because, frankly, I don't want to read your opinions on it yet again.
08-16-2004 09:05 PM
TopCoog Offline
Heisman

I Root For:

99....some poster can give his view here on the proposed split 50 times, and some have, but if I give mine 5 times I get hit from every direction. The reason is they don't like my view points...its as simple as that. I have said it was a great basketball league many times and very little comment is made because they agree with me on that. Truth is I am due my view point on an equal basis with everyone here. You may not agree but you have to respect my right to have and EXPRESS an oponion. If you don't like it, don't respond.

We will see how all this works out and I'll stand by my viewpoints and admit if I am wrong.

on record
1. Big East basketball will be the top league in the nation
2. The Big east will lose the Gator Bowl and be reduced to mostly minimum pay bowls in the next bowl realignment (coming right up)
3. The Big East champ WILL PLAY the non BCS team everytime one is chosen. The have to ...the economics of TV won't have it any other way.
4. After two years the Big East will be on football probation with the BCS. They will be very close (within 10%) either way of CUSA and the MWC in the computer rankings. That is already the case.
5. There will be no Big East split. It would be economic suicide and Trangese will never do it.
6. Notre Dame will leave as soon as the bowl realignment process is over and will not be replaced.

Now I'vwe gone on record. We'll see what happens but if I'm right I want some of you guys to step up to the plate here.
08-16-2004 09:18 PM
L-yes Offline
Heisman

I Root For:

TopCoog Wrote:99....some poster can give his view here on the proposed split 50 times, and some have, but if I give mine 5 times I get hit from every direction. The reason is they don't like my view points...its as simple as that. I have said it was a great basketball league many times and very little comment is made because they agree with me on that. Truth is I am due my view point on an equal basis with everyone here. You may not agree but you have to respect my right to have and EXPRESS an oponion. If you don't like it, don't respond.

We will see how all this works out and I'll stand by my viewpoints and admit if I am wrong.

on record
1. Big East basketball will be the top league in the nation
2. The Big east will lose the Gator Bowl and be reduced to mostly minimum pay bowls in the next bowl realignment (coming right up)
3. The Big East champ WILL PLAY the non BCS team everytime one is chosen. The have to ...the economics of TV won't have it any other way.
4. After two years the Big East will be on football probation with the BCS. They will be very close (within 10%) either way of CUSA and the MWC in the computer rankings. That is already the case.
5. There will be no Big East split. It would be economic suicide and Trangese will never do it.
6. Notre Dame will leave as soon as the bowl realignment process is over and will not be replaced.

Now I'vwe gone on record. We'll see what happens but if I'm right I want some of you guys to step up to the plate here.
You've been wrong without exception and not once have you "stepped up to the plate". Give me a break. :rolleyes:
08-16-2004 09:40 PM
nflsucks Offline
Special Teams

I Root For:

Quote:2. The Big east will lose the Gator Bowl and be reduced to mostly minimum pay bowls in the next bowl realignment
With the exception of the BCS and Gator, all the bowls are already the 750k minimum payout (Tire Bowl is 1mil+ when sold out, but 750k otherwise). So this isn't as bold a prediction as you probably think it is. What's your take on the Big Apple Bowl?

Quote:After two years the Big East will be on football probation with the BCS.
The Big East would have to be ranked 30-ish for the next two years for this to happen.

Quote:I want some of you guys to step up to the plate here.
I expect the same from you when half of your predictions are wrong.

But I hope you're right on 5 and 6. Where do you think Notre Dame will go?
08-16-2004 09:45 PM
TopCoog Offline
Heisman

I Root For:

i don't know where ND will go but I can't see them staying with the BE bowl lineup. If it wasn't for that I think they would stay. Its ashame the BE couldn't get them into football when the others were still here.
08-16-2004 09:49 PM
Advertisement

Cat's_Claw Offline
All American

I Root For:

First of all TopCoog it's not your god-given right, or even legal right, to post on the Big East message board, especially when you're the fan of a program that won't be part of the Big East, so you can stop b*tching and moaning now. Also, when you willingly spread lies then people will want you gone. When you go around telling people Notre Dame will leave this year or that the Big Apple Bowl will feature the Big Ten vs ACC then you're obviously being a troll and no one wants to be bothered with you. Stupid crap like "I don't know where Notre Dame is going, but they're leaving the Big East!". Really? Why? The bowl line-up? The bowl line-up doesn't effect Notre Dame, they can go to virtually any bowl they want to. And the stupid crap of "well the Big East will lose the Gator Bowl and have a minimum payout bowl", which is virtually all bowls. Then "the Big East will be on probation with the BCS", how do you know this? All West Virginia has to do is finish in the Top 17 the next 2 years and the Big East will have an average BCS finish of between 9 and 11. And I like how you predict no Big East split yet the Big East said they would investigate a potential split in 5 years. You're not even a Big East fan, so how the hell do you know whether it would be financial suicide or not? And why would the Big East lost a team and not replace them? So your logic, the Big East will stay with 15 schools!? Sounds to me that if Notre Dame leaves the football side will have voting majority and a split will occur. But you look like an idiot contradicting yourself, there won't be a split, but the program that is preventing a split will leave, but they won't be replaced. This is why people want you gone TopCoog. You're just some idiot troll that hates the Big East so you spread your crap on this board. I support having you banned. Then you can run over to the C-USA board whining about how the Big East board is comparable to Nazi Germany.
08-17-2004 05:37 AM
L-yes Offline
Heisman

I Root For:

Cat's_Claw Wrote:First of all TopCoog it's not your god-given right, or even legal right, to post on the Big East message board, especially when you're the fan of a program that won't be part of the Big East, so you can stop b*tching and moaning now. Also, when you willingly spread lies then people will want you gone. When you go around telling people Notre Dame will leave this year or that the Big Apple Bowl will feature the Big Ten vs ACC then you're obviously being a troll and no one wants to be bothered with you. Stupid crap like "I don't know where Notre Dame is going, but they're leaving the Big East!". Really? Why? The bowl line-up? The bowl line-up doesn't effect Notre Dame, they can go to virtually any bowl they want to. And the stupid crap of "well the Big East will lose the Gator Bowl and have a minimum payout bowl", which is virtually all bowls. Then "the Big East will be on probation with the BCS", how do you know this? All West Virginia has to do is finish in the Top 17 the next 2 years and the Big East will have an average BCS finish of between 9 and 11. And I like how you predict no Big East split yet the Big East said they would investigate a potential split in 5 years. You're not even a Big East fan, so how the hell do you know whether it would be financial suicide or not? And why would the Big East lost a team and not replace them? So your logic, the Big East will stay with 15 schools!? Sounds to me that if Notre Dame leaves the football side will have voting majority and a split will occur. But you look like an idiot contradicting yourself, there won't be a split, but the program that is preventing a split will leave, but they won't be replaced. This is why people want you gone TopCoog. You're just some idiot troll that hates the Big East so you spread your crap on this board. I support having you banned. Then you can run over to the C-USA board whining about how the Big East board is comparable to Nazi Germany.
Notre Dame is the only reason the Big East isn't split already. Had the Irish gone their own way during expansion the league would have split instantaneously- this is a fact.
08-17-2004 07:10 AM
TopCoog Offline
Heisman

I Root For:

Wrong again l-Yes...it is my right to post on the Big East board regardless of where my team or teams might be playing. Its a public board and it is very immature of you to be so narrow mainded and intolerant that you can't deal with an opposing point of view. Where do you get off saying I hate the Big East, thats garbage. Your one of the original smackers on these boards and simply cannot function at any other level. Also, what is this nonsense you spew about me always being wrong? Who told you SMU and Tulsa would be the first into CUSA during realignment and that Toledo and Temple would not. Lets cut the selective memory and have a grown up discussion.
08-17-2004 07:55 AM
L-yes Offline
Heisman

I Root For:

TopCoog Wrote:Wrong again l-Yes...it is my right to post on the Big East board regardless of where my team or teams might be playing. Its a public board and it is very immature of you to be so narrow mainded and intolerant that you can't deal with an opposing point of view. Where do you get off saying I hate the Big East, thats garbage. Your one of the original smackers on these boards and simply cannot function at any other level. Also, what is this nonsense you spew about me always being wrong? Who told you SMU and Tulsa would be the first into CUSA during realignment and that Toledo and Temple would not. Lets cut the selective memory and have a grown up discussion.
You didn't tell me anything. I think you have the wrong board to be honest, see this is the Big East board and not the CUSA board. Unfortunately your twin jewels of wisdom and foresight, the Tulsa and SMU predictions, have no bearing here. We could care less. When conversing with children or adults with child-like minds, one of which I'm sure you are, it’s impossible to have an intellectual exchange. I didn't vote in the poll I created but if I did I would have voted for "why has he been allowed to hang around this long?" :wave:
08-17-2004 08:46 AM
Thread Closed 

User(s) browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)

Copyright © 2002-2024 Collegiate Sports Nation Bulletin Board System (CSNbbs), All Rights Reserved.
CSNbbs is an independent fan site and is in no way affiliated to the NCAA or any of the schools and conferences it represents.
This site monetizes links. FTC Disclosure.
We allow third-party companies to serve ads and/or collect certain anonymous information when you visit our web site. These companies may use non-personally identifiable information (e.g., click stream information, browser type, time and date, subject of advertisements clicked or scrolled over) during your visits to this and other Web sites in order to provide advertisements about goods and services likely to be of greater interest to you. These companies typically use a cookie or third party web beacon to collect this information. To learn more about this behavioral advertising practice or to opt-out of this type of advertising, you can visit http://www.networkadvertising.org.