Hello There, Guest! (LoginRegister)

Appalachian State to The MAC?
Miami (Oh) Yeah ! Offline
All American

I Root For: Collar Popping
Appalachian State to The MAC?
Well, as of all the flurry of news that just came out today, nearly every current FBS school, every aspiring FBS school, and every conference is accounted for except:

The MAC
JMU
Appalachian State
U of Delaware

There has not been any rumors regarding any of the above whatsoever that I've seen. Using process of elimination and a common denominator, is something brewing? Quite possible all three are joining the MAC?

Strong rumors or confirmations of the following:
Sun Belt - Georgia State, Georgia Southern, Idaho, NMSU, UT-Arlington, Texas State
CUSA - Charlotte, ODU, La Tech, UTSA, UNT, FIU
MWC - Utah State, San Jose

There is literally nobody left who hasn't found a home who wanted one.

MAC - quiet
JMU - quiet
Appalachian State - quiet
UDel - quiet
UMass - quiet (but had no reason to not be quiet)

JMU has spent a lot of money preparing for FBS and just got approval for an $88MM new convo
App has done an FBS feasibility study and recommended a move up

I can't imagine two of the most desirable FCS schools who have been planning and want to move to FBS being left behind.

All is quiet from the school admins who want to move up and the MAC who wants an even number. I think something is brewing and we should find out real soon because JMU and App St fans have expected to be moved up and are getting ready to storm the castle if they aren't........

Appalachian State wants to move to FBS. App had three realistic conferences they could have moved up to - C-USA, Sun Belt, and MAC. They have had to of known for weeks that they wouldn't make it in the C-USA so they weren't caught off guard.

This leaves the Sun Belt and MAC. There is NO way The Sun Belt didn't approach Appalachian. They are in the Sun Belt's backyard and would be a major grab for them. The Sun Belt is now rumored to be full and have found their teams.

App is quiet because they turned the Sun Belt down for the MAC and our waiting until the MAC is ready to announce along with possibly JMU. I didn't think the MAC was overly interested in App initially, but now I think that there is something brewing. No way the App administration goes back to their fans and tells them they decided to let all their former peers like The 2 Georgia schools pass them by while they stay in a watered down FCS and surely the Sun Belt offered. I think App is in like the rumor a few weeks back.

Welcome to The MAC Appalachian State!

05-02-2012 12:45 AM
Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
Advertisement

TroyMan88 Offline
2nd String

I Root For: Troy
RE: Appalachian State to The MAC?
(05-02-2012 12:45 AM)Miami (Oh) Yeah ! Wrote:  Well, as of all the flurry of news that just came out today, nearly every current FBS school, every aspiring FBS school, and every conference is accounted for except:

The MAC
JMU
Appalachian State
U of Delaware

There has not been any rumors regarding any of the above whatsoever that I've seen. Using process of elimination and a common denominator, is something brewing? Quite possible all three are joining the MAC?

Strong rumors or confirmations of the following:
Sun Belt - Georgia State, Georgia Southern, Idaho, NMSU, UT-Arlington, Texas State
CUSA - Charlotte, ODU, La Tech, UTSA, UNT, FIU
MWC - Utah State, San Jose

There is literally nobody left who hasn't found a home who wanted one.

MAC - quiet
JMU - quiet
Appalachian State - quiet
UDel - quiet
UMass - quiet (but had no reason to not be quiet)

JMU has spent a lot of money preparing for FBS and just got approval for an $88MM new convo
App has done an FBS feasibility study and recommended a move up

I can't imagine two of the most desirable FCS schools who have been planning and want to move to FBS being left behind.

All is quiet from the school admins who want to move up and the MAC who wants an even number. I think something is brewing and we should find out real soon because JMU and App St fans have expected to be moved up and are getting ready to storm the castle if they aren't........

Appalachian State wants to move to FBS. App had three realistic conferences they could have moved up to - C-USA, Sun Belt, and MAC. They have had to of known for weeks that they wouldn't make it in the C-USA so they weren't caught off guard.

This leaves the Sun Belt and MAC. There is NO way The Sun Belt didn't approach Appalachian. They are in the Sun Belt's backyard and would be a major grab for them. The Sun Belt is now rumored to be full and have found their teams.

App is quiet because they turned the Sun Belt down for the MAC and our waiting until the MAC is ready to announce along with possibly JMU. I didn't think the MAC was overly interested in App initially, but now I think that there is something brewing. No way the App administration goes back to their fans and tells them they decided to let all their former peers like The 2 Georgia schools pass them by while they stay in a watered down FCS and surely the Sun Belt offered. I think App is in like the rumor a few weeks back.

Welcome to The MAC Appalachian State!

Since when did App turn down the Sunbelt?? All the rumors state App and Georgia Southern are the next candidates to the Sunbelt....w/ the exception of NMSU & Idaho if Karl throws them a life line. But dear god i hope that does not happen.

Whats your source of this rumor?

05-02-2012 01:21 AM
GoApps70 Offline

I Root For: Appalachian St.
Wonder if there is any validity what so ever?
05-02-2012 03:13 AM
Seminole Indian Offline
All American

I Root For: Texas
(05-02-2012 03:13 AM)GoApps70 Wrote:  Wonder if there is any validity what so ever?
It is being posted elsewhere that the SBC will hold pat with GSU, TSU and UTA at least until July 1, and maybe stay with that.

It is known that they offered UTSA, UNCC and probably LTU.

As far as GSU and App State, they have been mentioned as candidates but no one has said they were offered.
(This post was last modified: 05-02-2012 06:37 AM by Seminole Indian.)
05-02-2012 06:23 AM
Glassonion Offline
Sun Belt Nationalist

I Root For: AppState
I dont believe that, but I wouldnt have any problem being in the MAC.
05-02-2012 07:13 AM
Crump1 Offline
All American

I Root For: stAte
Wow, wildly speculate much? How you can draw a line from no information wahtsoever to "that means they are going to the MAC" is crazy.
05-02-2012 09:44 AM
Advertisement

NUPudge Offline
1st String

I Root For: EMU Football
This what I've been saying on most of these type of posting.. I need some type of facts..I would love for the MAC to do something. I love the talk but it has to lead to something.
05-02-2012 10:09 AM
bluesox Offline
Heisman

I Root For:
At some point, i figure the CAA and southern conference will have a good old gun fight to see who can poach who...will william and mary go south or c of c and some others go north? I would think w&M go south.
(This post was last modified: 05-02-2012 10:29 AM by bluesox.)
05-02-2012 10:27 AM
Glassonion Offline
Sun Belt Nationalist

(05-02-2012 10:27 AM)bluesox Wrote:  At some point, i figure the CAA and southern conference will have a good old gun fight to see who can poach who...will william and mary go south or c of c and some others go north? I would think w&M go south.

If JMU cant get into the MAC, they could be targetted by the Socon, along with W&M a former Socon member.
05-02-2012 10:36 AM
All American

I often hear the CAA'ers talk about wanting to add College of Charleston for basketball but have never seen any interest of The Citadel for football. Why wouldn't they be a candidate especially if Coastal Carolina is in the mix?
05-02-2012 10:56 AM
TroyMan88 Offline
2nd String

I Root For: Troy
This thread is a waste. App could NOT have turn down the Sun Belt because the Sun Belt hasn't even offered them an invitation yet!

Second, it would make more sense for App to join the Sun Belt then the MAC since they are pretty much in our backyard.

Third, i love how some random guy comes on here with no sources what-so-ever and assumes that App is going to the MAC.

Future reference, Do not start a thread unless you have some sort of source to back it up. This Ishh is crazy enough. Lets try to hold the rumors and get straight facts.
(This post was last modified: 05-02-2012 11:36 AM by TroyMan88.)
05-02-2012 11:33 AM
Advertisement

Tiguar Offline
All American

I Root For: South Alabama
Since when is no news, news?
05-02-2012 11:34 AM
Glassonion Offline
Sun Belt Nationalist

(05-02-2012 10:56 AM)Miami (Oh) Yeah ! Wrote:  I often hear the CAA'ers talk about wanting to add College of Charleston for basketball but have never seen any interest of The Citadel for football. Why wouldn't they be a candidate especially if Coastal Carolina is in the mix?

The Citadel hasnt been good in football since the 90s, and their other programs dont exactly make up for it. There are also three other Socon schools in SC. The Cit doesnt have any aspirations beyond FCS, so theyre pretty much comfortable where they are.
05-02-2012 11:54 AM
sctvman Offline
1st String

I Root For: C of Charleston
The Citadel is the #3 program for football in the Charleston area, but their baseball hasn't been as strong the last few seasons (did make tourney in 2010) and their basketball team almost has gotten passed by Charleston Southern. Their attendance is about 1,500 a game there.
05-02-2012 01:42 PM
lakesbison Offline

I Root For: NDSU
NDSU North Dakota State U should be in the MAC already before APPY st or anyone.

NDSU already has dominated Central Michigan and Ball State in football and are FCS national champs, so I understand why the MAC would be afraid of NDSU.

However, NDSU needs to embrace Minnesota and Wisc/Chicago and market that way, they already own North Dakota.

NDSU as an ALL SPORTS MEMBER would help the MAC big time, could average 25000 in football, 6000 in basketball in the new arena being built as well, Fargo to Chicago flights are numerous daily.
05-02-2012 10:46 PM
All American

(05-02-2012 10:46 PM)lakesbison Wrote:  NDSU North Dakota State U should be in the MAC already before APPY st or anyone.

NDSU already has dominated Central Michigan and Ball State in football and are FCS national champs, so I understand why the MAC would be afraid of NDSU.

However, NDSU needs to embrace Minnesota and Wisc/Chicago and market that way, they already own North Dakota.

NDSU as an ALL SPORTS MEMBER would help the MAC big time, could average 25000 in football, 6000 in basketball in the new arena being built as well, Fargo to Chicago flights are numerous daily.

We'd take the Fighting Sioux over NDSU. Grand Forks is superior in every way.

05-02-2012 10:54 PM
Advertisement

uakronkid Offline
Heisman

I Root For: Akron
No Dakota school should be in the MAC. It makes less geographical sense than adding App State or JMU.

This is the MAC full-member footprint, and they're moving eastward with each new addition:

[Image: Mid-American_Conference_map.png]
(This post was last modified: 05-02-2012 11:46 PM by uakronkid.)
05-02-2012 11:45 PM
lakesbison Offline

I Root For: NDSU
miami oh = idiot.

Why cant the MAC go west? NDSU is minnesota basically.
05-07-2012 11:32 AM
Bull_In_Exile Offline
Eternal Pessimist

I Root For: The Underdog
(05-02-2012 10:46 PM)lakesbison Wrote:  NDSU North Dakota State U should be in the MAC already before APPY st or anyone.

Sorry but there would be two states between you and NIU who, themselves, are a stretch for the MAC... It's just tooo far for a mid major.
05-07-2012 11:51 AM
Sultan of Euphonistan Offline
All American

I Root For: Baritones
(05-07-2012 11:51 AM)Bull_In_Exile Wrote:  

Sorry but there would be two states between you and NIU who, themselves, are a stretch for the MAC... It's just tooo far for a mid major.

Unless there was a big upside and while NDSU is a fine school it just does not have enough upside to go that far out into that part of the country.
05-07-2012 11:55 AM

User(s) browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)

Copyright © 2002-2024 Collegiate Sports Nation Bulletin Board System (CSNbbs), All Rights Reserved.
CSNbbs is an independent fan site and is in no way affiliated to the NCAA or any of the schools and conferences it represents.
This site monetizes links. FTC Disclosure.
We allow third-party companies to serve ads and/or collect certain anonymous information when you visit our web site. These companies may use non-personally identifiable information (e.g., click stream information, browser type, time and date, subject of advertisements clicked or scrolled over) during your visits to this and other Web sites in order to provide advertisements about goods and services likely to be of greater interest to you. These companies typically use a cookie or third party web beacon to collect this information. To learn more about this behavioral advertising practice or to opt-out of this type of advertising, you can visit http://www.networkadvertising.org.