Have we ever had a bigger front line?
05-01-2012 11:56 AM
Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
Advertisement

LRTrojan Offline
Hall of Famer

I Root For: UALR Trojans
RE: Front line. Question for old timers
(05-01-2012 11:56 AM)MICHAELSPAPPY Wrote:  Have we ever had a bigger front line?

Probably not even the 1949 Trojans that won the Little Rose Bowl.
No weight programs to speak of in those days.
05-01-2012 12:14 PM
MICHAELSPAPPY Offline
Legend

I Root For: CHI ST, CROWLEY, TEX WES
(05-01-2012 12:14 PM)LRTrojan Wrote:  
(05-01-2012 11:56 AM)MICHAELSPAPPY Wrote:  Have we ever had a bigger front line?

Even when we occasionally had Too Tall and Jake in the game at the same time, that was 6-10 and 6-9, and probably a big drop-off to the 3.
6-10, 6-10, 6-10 is pretty impressive. Or even 6-10, 6-10, 6-5, especially compared to what we have had in the recent past.
05-01-2012 12:20 PM
Advertisement

LRTrojan Offline
Hall of Famer

(05-01-2012 12:20 PM)MICHAELSPAPPY Wrote:  

Even when we occasionally had Too Tall and Jake in the game at the same time, that was 6-10 and 6-9, and probably a big drop-off to the 3.
6-10, 6-10, 6-10 is pretty impressive. Or even 6-10, 6-10, 6-5, especially compared to what we have had in the recent past.

The biggest without a doubt in my time. And the unusual thing is that they all can play a little. We should be the biggest team in the league without question. What excuse will the huggers use if we don't win the tournament? Young guards and inexperienced pg? Too many new players?
05-01-2012 01:31 PM
MICHAELSPAPPY Offline
Legend

(05-01-2012 01:31 PM)LRTrojan Wrote:  What excuse will the huggers use if we don't win the tournament? Young guards and inexperienced pg? Too many new players?

The tournament just that we weren't hot at the right time. The regular season less excuses, except that there will be some pretty fair teams in the Belt this year. We could be pretty good and still not win it.
05-01-2012 02:40 PM
Advertisement

outsideualr Offline
Hall of Famer

I Root For: UALR
If we don't win the tournament, my excuse will be that the team that beat us scored more points than we did. Maybe that's not really an excuse. Just a statement of facts. I think we'll have a decent year. The tournament is a crap shoot. I never expect to win it. Too many variables. And you need some good luck also. I'd love to have a 20 win regular season, and then let the chips fall where they may in the tournament. I have no great expectations other than it should be a fun season. Getting to the tournament would just be icing on the cake for me.
05-01-2012 02:41 PM
MICHAELSPAPPY Offline
Legend

(05-01-2012 02:41 PM)outsideualr Wrote:  I'd love to have a 20 win regular season, and then let the chips fall where they may in the tournament.

I will be disappointed if we do not.
05-01-2012 03:45 PM
Advertisement

LRTrojan Offline
Hall of Famer

(05-01-2012 02:41 PM)outsideualr Wrote:  If we don't win the tournament, my excuse will be that the team that beat us scored more points than we did. Maybe that's not really an excuse. Just a statement of facts. I think we'll have a decent year. The tournament is a crap shoot. I never expect to win it. Too many variables. And you need some good luck also. I'd love to have a 20 win regular season, and then let the chips fall where they may in the tournament. I have no great expectations other than it should be a fun season. Getting to the tournament would just be icing on the cake for me.

That's part of the problem at UALR. Our fans don't expect to win. "No great expectations, just that it be a fun season." That's why we're mediocre at best, and always will be with the attitude of most Trojan fans have.
05-01-2012 03:53 PM
Jim Tripcony Offline
2nd String

I Root For: UALR TROJANS
(05-01-2012 01:31 PM)LRTrojan Wrote:  
(05-01-2012 12:20 PM)MICHAELSPAPPY Wrote:  

The biggest without a doubt in my time. And the unusual thing is that they all can play a little. We should be the biggest team in the league without question. What excuse will the huggers use if we don't win the tournament? Young guards and inexperienced pg? Too many new players?

All three.
05-01-2012 09:05 PM
outsideualr Offline
Hall of Famer

I Root For: UALR
(05-01-2012 03:53 PM)LRTrojan Wrote:  
(05-01-2012 02:41 PM)outsideualr Wrote:  If we don't win the tournament, my excuse will be that the team that beat us scored more points than we did. Maybe that's not really an excuse. Just a statement of facts. I think we'll have a decent year. The tournament is a crap shoot. I never expect to win it. Too many variables. And you need some good luck also. I'd love to have a 20 win regular season, and then let the chips fall where they may in the tournament. I have no great expectations other than it should be a fun season. Getting to the tournament would just be icing on the cake for me.

That's part of the problem at UALR. Our fans don't expect to win. "No great expectations, just that it be a fun season." That's why we're mediocre at best, and always will be with the attitude of most Trojan fans have.

I would love to go to the NCAA every year, but it's just not going to happen. We fans don't have control over that. Every team in the league wants to win, and really only one can, and with teams with greater tradition and recruiting areas, it just makes sense to be realistic. With that said, I believe our recruiting is on the upswing, and if that continues, I think we can start expecting to win more, but that remains to be seen. Our regular season schedule has been good the past few years, and we get to see some good teams come into Little Rock. And it gives us something to look forward to in the Winter months. This could be a surprise year if the pieces come together early.04-cheers
05-01-2012 11:15 PM

User(s) browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)

Copyright © 2002-2024 Collegiate Sports Nation Bulletin Board System (CSNbbs), All Rights Reserved.
CSNbbs is an independent fan site and is in no way affiliated to the NCAA or any of the schools and conferences it represents.
This site monetizes links. FTC Disclosure.
We allow third-party companies to serve ads and/or collect certain anonymous information when you visit our web site. These companies may use non-personally identifiable information (e.g., click stream information, browser type, time and date, subject of advertisements clicked or scrolled over) during your visits to this and other Web sites in order to provide advertisements about goods and services likely to be of greater interest to you. These companies typically use a cookie or third party web beacon to collect this information. To learn more about this behavioral advertising practice or to opt-out of this type of advertising, you can visit http://www.networkadvertising.org.