Hello There, Guest! (LoginRegister)

WAC teams want Invite
Bookmark and Share
Atlanta Trojan Offline
Sun Belt Nationalist

I Root For: TROY
WAC teams want Invite
My My how the tables have turned. NMSU, idaho etc all wishing for a SBC invite....

http://mbd.scout.com/mb.aspx?s=451&f=2368&t=8948183
04-29-2012 04:20 PM
Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
Advertisement

ntmeangreen11 Offline
Banned

I Root For:
RE: WAC teams want Invite
I do not care what has happened to them, under no circumstance do you help these schools. One is a basketball school, the other will never be successful. It's been obvious they were going to be left out for a while now, and good riddance. Two of the worst programs in FBS over the last 12 years.

Add Texas State & one more eastern school, stay at ten, and build the belt simple as that.
04-29-2012 04:44 PM
MeanGreenFan123 Offline
Special Teams

I Root For: North Texas
I know they don't fit in the immediate geographical region, but I'd throw them a bone, or at least NMSU...they do bring solid basketball. Idaho may have no choice but to move to FCS, they really don't have much to offer.
04-29-2012 04:45 PM
GaSouthern Offline
Sun Belt Nationalist

I Root For: Georgia So.
WAC teams want Invite
This is the exact reason benson said he wanted to maintain the conference footprint, he saw this coming!
04-29-2012 04:45 PM
Crump1 Offline
All American

I Root For: stAte
I am sold on Texas ST. and App. St. so please bring me up to speed on Ga. Southern. I feel like they would compete well in FBS but aside from the great games ASU had with them in the 80s I don't know a lot.
04-29-2012 05:03 PM
OwlFamily Offline
FLORIDA ATLANTICS DEFENDER OF THE FAITH

I Root For: FLORIDA ATLANTIC
I dont think we can go futher west, thats sets the confrence back to where it was pre 2005 and negates much of the progress we've made.
04-29-2012 05:06 PM
Advertisement

MeanGreenFan123 Offline
Special Teams

Texas State and App State would be some good additions. I know the Sun Belt has a bright and stable future.
04-29-2012 05:08 PM
Crump1 Offline
All American

I Root For: stAte
I am educating myself. Looks like Ga. Southern is at or near capacity for most football games. The stadium looks really nice and although it only seats 18K it looks like adding 12K seats would be easy.

I am starting to like the idea of Ga. Southern and App. State. Not too far from our eastern teams and as far as attendance and competitivenes, the appear ready to step right in and compete in any of the "non-AQ" conferences.
04-29-2012 05:26 PM
tux Offline
Sun Belt Nationalist

I Root For: Texas State
(04-29-2012 05:08 PM)MeanGreenFan123 Wrote:  Texas State and App State would be some good additions. I know the Sun Belt has a bright and stable future.

Throw in Georgia Southern with the other two and I agree.
04-29-2012 05:35 PM
Seminole Indian Offline
All American

I Root For: Texas
(04-29-2012 04:44 PM)ntmeangreen11 Wrote:  I do not care what has happened to them, under no circumstance do you help these schools. One is a basketball school, the other will never be successful. It's been obvious they were going to be left out for a while now, and good riddance. Two of the worst programs in FBS over the last 12 years.

Add Texas State & one more eastern school, stay at ten, and build the belt simple as that.
If they need help and the SBC can help them I hope they will.
04-29-2012 06:32 PM
ark30inf Offline
Hall of Famer

I Root For: Arkansas State
(04-29-2012 05:08 PM)MeanGreenFan123 Wrote:  Texas State and App State would be some good additions. I know the Sun Belt has a bright and stable future.

I've been over to the TXST board. I was pretty high on them the last couple of years but its pretty clear they don't want to be in the Sun Belt.

If we are going to have somebody else who is just looking for an exit door from day one then we might as well rethink Charlotte or go with 11 and encourage somebody else to start moving like Missouri State. Hell, if we are going to go all the way to San Marcos I might even reconsider NMSU, at least they would be grateful and might bring a little basketball.
04-29-2012 06:42 PM
Advertisement

Seminole Indian Offline
All American

I Root For: Texas
(04-29-2012 06:42 PM)ark30inf Wrote:  

I've been over to the TXST board. I was pretty high on them the last couple of years but its pretty clear they don't want to be in the Sun Belt.

If we are going to have somebody else who is just looking for an exit door from day one then we might as well rethink Charlotte or go with 11 and encourage somebody else to start moving like Missouri State. Hell, if we are going to go all the way to San Marcos I might even reconsider NMSU, at least they would be grateful and might bring a little basketball.

I don't think what people post on a board reflects the attitude of the school, especially fans of a school that has never played FBS football.
04-29-2012 06:57 PM
Hilltopper2K Offline
Sun Belt Nationalist

I Root For: WKU!!!
Quote:WAC teams want Invite

I bet they do.
04-29-2012 07:03 PM
ark30inf Offline
Hall of Famer

I Root For: Arkansas State
(04-29-2012 06:57 PM)Seminole Indian Wrote:  

I don't think what people post on a board reflects the attitude of the school, especially fans of a school that has never played FBS football.

I'm sure they don't reflect the administration of the school. But we have three open slots to fill in FBS.....open FBS slots are fairly precious things.

I'm starting to reconsider NMSU since they are already FBS and would at least be freaking grateful for the bid. They also bring basketball.

If my team was the last team left in the Sun Belt I'd be a little less cavalier with my trashing of potential conference homes.
04-29-2012 07:13 PM
ntmeangreen11 Offline
Banned

I Root For:
There would be no point in saving these schools. Believe it or not, the WAC dieing off is good news for the sun belt. Neither schools have shown consistent success, nor commitment to FBS to be worthy of a SBC invite. What absolutely blows my mind is that TSU fans ever wanted to be in the WAC over the sun belt, absolutely ludicrous from them to believe that conference(with 7 members) had a brighter future than the sun belt. I don't know why, I just absolutely hate everyone in the WAC. I don't like there being two more FBS schools in Texas, and I don't like La Tech. That said, TSU, GSU & App St are the best choices IMO.

New Mexico State
2011: 4-9
2010: 2-10
2009: 3-10
2008: 3-9
2007: 4-9
2006: 4-8
2005: 0-12
2004: 5-6
2003: 3-9
2002: 7-5

Idaho
2011: 2-10
2010: 6-7
2009: 8-5
2008: 2-10
2007: 1-11
2006: 4-8
2005: 2-9
2004: 3-9
2003: 3-9
2002: 2-10
04-29-2012 07:42 PM
MTowho Offline
1st String

I Root For: MiddleTennessee
We'd be grateful for a bid to the SEC, but that doesn't mean they'll give us an invite. There is no reason to invite any of the WAC leftovers, and I think Benson made it clear that we will not.
04-29-2012 07:44 PM
Advertisement

tux Offline
Sun Belt Nationalist

I Root For: Texas State
(04-29-2012 07:13 PM)ark30inf Wrote:  
(04-29-2012 06:57 PM)Seminole Indian Wrote:  

I'm sure they don't reflect the administration of the school. But we have three open slots to fill in FBS.....open FBS slots are fairly precious things.

I'm starting to reconsider NMSU since they are already FBS and would at least be freaking grateful for the bid. They also bring basketball.

If my team was the last team left in the Sun Belt I'd be a little less cavalier with my trashing of potential conference homes.

A lot of TxSt fans, like myself, are/would be grateful for an invite to the Sun Belt and a chance to compete in FBS. I think you'll find that most of us are.
(This post was last modified: 04-29-2012 07:47 PM by tux.)
04-29-2012 07:44 PM
HuskieJohn Offline
Hall of Famer

I Root For: NIU
WKY
Midd Tenn
FAU
Troy
SO AL
GA So

ULM
ULL
Asu
TX St (ok but not as good without UTSA)
NM ST (Doesn't look good at all now)
Idaho (Never looked good)

...That doesn't sound so good.

I would just stick with 9 teams you still have so you have your 8 game conference schedule. Your 2 bowl games would be safe with a likely continued tie-in to the BOB. A nice very compact regional conference without watering it down with many more FCS teams or expanding your footprint way too much.

Do you know if your Comish wants to stay in Texas badly? If he does then TX ST along with NM St may be in your future leaving only Idaho homeless for 2013.
04-29-2012 07:49 PM
FloridaJag Offline
All American

I Root For: USA, FSU, and UWF
(04-29-2012 07:44 PM)MTowho Wrote:  We'd be grateful for a bid to the SEC, but that doesn't mean they'll give us an invite. There is no reason to invite any of the WAC leftovers, and I think Benson made it clear that we will not.

Texas State is in western Texas and brings no value to the SBC without UTSA. The travel budgets would explode with the addition of Idaho, NM State and Texas State. App State, Charlotte, GA Southern and ODU even Lamar makes more sense than adding the WAC 3.
04-29-2012 07:49 PM
MeanGreenFan123 Offline
Special Teams

Texas State is not in Western Texas. It's in Central Texas in between Austin and San Antonio
04-29-2012 07:53 PM

User(s) browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)

Copyright © 2002-2024 Collegiate Sports Nation Bulletin Board System (CSNbbs), All Rights Reserved.
CSNbbs is an independent fan site and is in no way affiliated to the NCAA or any of the schools and conferences it represents.
This site monetizes links. FTC Disclosure.
We allow third-party companies to serve ads and/or collect certain anonymous information when you visit our web site. These companies may use non-personally identifiable information (e.g., click stream information, browser type, time and date, subject of advertisements clicked or scrolled over) during your visits to this and other Web sites in order to provide advertisements about goods and services likely to be of greater interest to you. These companies typically use a cookie or third party web beacon to collect this information. To learn more about this behavioral advertising practice or to opt-out of this type of advertising, you can visit http://www.networkadvertising.org.