Hello There, Guest! (LoginRegister)

Sounds like UALR has a little scandal going on
Bookmark and Share
LRTrojan Offline
Hall of Famer

I Root For: UALR Trojans
Sounds like UALR has a little scandal going on
Sounds like they aren't explainning the Senator Joyce Elliott deal very well. Sounds like she was being paid by UALR before she was actually hired. And was she hired because she is a state senator? She was hired by one of the UALR officials, who evidently according to the Democrap, job description includes lobbying the legislature. I guess that's one way to get the UA tag off our school, and be know as the University of Little Rock. The only problem is, can we hired enough of the legislators to get it done?

Somehow they tried to turn the thing over to the city of Little Rock's payroll, and now it sounds like Little Rock doesn't want any part of the deal. I guess the smell is getting too bad.
(This post was last modified: 04-28-2012 08:45 PM by LRTrojan.)
04-28-2012 07:45 PM
Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
Advertisement

Jim Tripcony Offline
2nd String

I Root For: UALR TROJANS
RE: Sounds like UALR has a little scandal going on
(04-28-2012 07:45 PM)LRTrojan Wrote:  Sounds like they aren't explainning the Senator Joyce Elliott deal very well. Sounds like she was being paid by UALR before she was actually hired. And was she hired because she is a state senator? She was hired by one of the UALR officials, who evidently according to the Democrap, job description includes lobbying the legislature. I guess that's one way to get the UA tag off our school, and be know as the University of Little Rock. The only problem is, can we hired enough of the legislators to get it done?

Somehow they tried to turn the thing over to the city of Little Rock's payroll, and now it sounds like Little Rock doesn't want any part of the deal. I guess the smell is getting too bad.

Sounds like just a terrible scandal.
04-28-2012 09:05 PM
RBL Offline
Heisman

I Root For: Little Rock
Glad it doesn't concern basketball
04-29-2012 12:46 PM
TroJams Offline
Special Teams

I Root For: Little Rock
28 APR D-G Article on Joyce Elliott
04-29-2012 02:34 PM
LRTrojan Offline
Hall of Famer

I guess it's not a scandal to Trojan fans unless it's the Arkansas Razorbacks involved in it. It stunk enough that Elliott has resigned the job, and UALR officials are stepping all over themselves trying to explain the deal. Read today's editorial in the Democrap.

I wonder how the U of A President will handle this. Jeff Long's not handling this, but I wonder if his recent decision to fire Petrino was his entirely, or did higher-ups decide that Petrino had to go. Probably will do nothing since it only involves lowly UALR. No blood, no harm.
(This post was last modified: 05-01-2012 08:18 AM by LRTrojan.)
05-01-2012 08:09 AM
Advertisement

LR Alum Offline
1st String

I Root For: UALR
I don't have a dog in this fight and I'm observing from afar, but I find it quite odd that once she started speaking up for folks that are about to have their homes demolished for a Tech Park that has alot of the Little Rock bigwigs involved this scandal just appeared. Wasn't some of the bigwigs, local media, and local politicians on TV gleaming abouth the Central Little Rock promise initiative with Sen. Elliott at the helm not too long ago? Seems like they should have said something then...but that's how politics go. You scratch my back and I'll scratch my back. But if you don't I will drag your name through the mud. It seems like UAMS, UALR, City of LR, Central Arkansas Library, and AR Childrens hospital should have just formed a nonprofit for to handle the administrative part of this program and they would have avoided this whole mess in the first place.
05-01-2012 09:05 AM
LRTrojan Offline
Hall of Famer

(05-01-2012 09:05 AM)LR Alum Wrote:  I don't have a dog in this fight and I'm observing from afar, but I find it quite odd that once she started speaking up for folks that are about to have their homes demolished for a Tech Park that has alot of the Little Rock bigwigs involved this scandal just appeared. Wasn't some of the bigwigs, local media, and local politicians on TV gleaming abouth the Central Little Rock promise initiative with Sen. Elliott at the helm not too long ago? Seems like they should have said something then...but that's how politics go. You scratch my back and I'll scratch my back. But if you don't I will drag your name through the mud. It seems like UAMS, UALR, City of LR, Central Arkansas Library, and AR Childrens hospital should have just formed a nonprofit for to handle the administrative part of this program and they would have avoided this whole mess in the first place.

I don't know about any of that. I only know what I've read, and that an elected official can't be on the state payroll for something else. Bottom line, UALR knew that and Elliott knew that. Then all parties tried to cover it up. But, I guess when you pull something like this, you either have to admit you intentionally tried to circumvent the law, or you have to try and cover it up. It looks bad with what they did, then the cover-up looks worse. If there are any politicians than aren't crooked, they're way in the minority.
(This post was last modified: 05-01-2012 09:31 AM by LRTrojan.)
05-01-2012 09:27 AM
LR Alum Offline
1st String

I Root For: UALR
I agree she broke the law. My point is where there is smoke there is fire. I don't know what is being reported in the ADG, but it seems like they need to dig a little deeper and see how all those organizations including UALR overlooked that law, which seems like even a caveman would have known was there. The bigger question should be how did the City of LR, UALR, AR Childrens Hospital, Central Arkansas Library, etc. not know they were violating the law when Elliott was hired for thd job? Did they knowingly break the law or are these folks not competent? Either way it's not good look for them. And this is like 2 years after the fact...did the paper not pick up on this when they had an article in their very own paper saying that Elliott was basically going to be working for UALR and the other public entities to oversee the program.

I would imagine there would be some emails, correspondence, board minutes, etc. that the ADG could easily get to see what was discussed related to the hiring. To me that is what journalism should be about. And it sounds like there should be some other folks that need some disclipinary action. Just my two cents.
05-01-2012 11:28 AM
LRTrojan Offline
Hall of Famer

(05-01-2012 11:28 AM)LR Alum Wrote:  I agree she broke the law. My point is where there is smoke there is fire. I don't know what is being reported in the ADG, but it seems like they need to dig a little deeper and see how all those organizations including UALR overlooked that law, which seems like even a caveman would have known was there. The bigger question should be how did the City of LR, UALR, AR Childrens Hospital, Central Arkansas Library, etc. not know they were violating the law when Elliott was hired for thd job? Did they knowingly break the law or are these folks not competent? Either way it's not good look for them. And this is like 2 years after the fact...did the paper not pick up on this when they had an article in their very own paper saying that Elliott was basically going to be working for UALR and the other public entities to oversee the program.

I would imagine there would be some emails, correspondence, board minutes, etc. that the ADG could easily get to see what was discussed related to the hiring. To me that is what journalism should be about. And it sounds like there should be some other folks that need some disclipinary action. Just my two cents.

That's my point. I don't know how smart they are, but all of the involved can't be that ******* dumb. Even I knew that elected officials can't be hired in state jobs.
05-01-2012 12:05 PM

User(s) browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)

Copyright © 2002-2024 Collegiate Sports Nation Bulletin Board System (CSNbbs), All Rights Reserved.
CSNbbs is an independent fan site and is in no way affiliated to the NCAA or any of the schools and conferences it represents.
This site monetizes links. FTC Disclosure.
We allow third-party companies to serve ads and/or collect certain anonymous information when you visit our web site. These companies may use non-personally identifiable information (e.g., click stream information, browser type, time and date, subject of advertisements clicked or scrolled over) during your visits to this and other Web sites in order to provide advertisements about goods and services likely to be of greater interest to you. These companies typically use a cookie or third party web beacon to collect this information. To learn more about this behavioral advertising practice or to opt-out of this type of advertising, you can visit http://www.networkadvertising.org.