Texas' Dodds: Big Ten, Pac-12 need to stop blocking playoff
04-24-2012 10:08 PM
Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
Advertisement

texasorange Offline
1st String

I Root For: Syracuse Orange
RE: Texas' Dodds: Big Ten, Pac-12 need to stop blocking playoff
Deloss Dodds; A man that stands for truth, integrity, honesty, fair play, equality, fairness, & doing all that is possible for the common good of humanity.

May he choke to death on a chicken bone.
04-24-2012 11:03 PM
ClairtonPanther Offline
people need to wake up

I Root For: Pitt/Navy

Donators
(04-24-2012 11:03 PM)texasorange Wrote:  Deloss Dodds; A man that stands for truth, integrity, honesty, fair play, equality, fairness, & doing all that is possible for the common good of humanity.

May he choke to death on a chicken bone.

Tell the crowd how you really feel... 03-lmfao
04-24-2012 11:16 PM
Advertisement

Wolfman Offline
All American

I Root For: The Cartel
The P12 and B1G have a very long and very profitable relationship with the Rose Bowl. It doesn't surprise me that they are trying to protect that.
04-25-2012 08:16 AM
HtownOrange Offline
All American

I Root For: Syracuse
Maybe all the other conferences should let them have the Rose Bowl. Then every other conference forms a playoff system without them. They join up within five or ten years.
04-25-2012 06:08 PM
Advertisement

ChrisLords Offline
Heisman

I Root For: Virginia Tech
Have a plus 1 after the bowls and let them keep the Rose Bowl.
04-25-2012 06:52 PM
Tom in Lazybrook Offline
Hall of Famer

I Root For: So Alabama, GWU
(04-25-2012 06:52 PM)ChrisLords Wrote:  Have a plus 1 after the bowls and let them keep the Rose Bowl.

So a Big 10 or Pac 10 team doesn't have to play a SEC team until the plus one game? Sounds like a raw deal for whomever gets to play the SEC team. Does the Big 12 really want to play the SEC in the first round pretty much every year.

Any kind of playoff should be based upon an appropriate seeding 4 vs 1, 3 vs 2. And let the chips fall where they may. If they go for an 8 team playoff, its a bit easier to do, but its still needlessly unfair to whomever gets a harder first round opponent than would otherwise happen under a more equitable system of games.

If the Pac and Big want the Rose Bowl... They can use the Rose Bowl as their place for second place teams (or first place if they don't reach the BCS). But the Rose Bowl would be out of the BCS in that scenario.

For the record, the winners of the last six national championships (the SEC) is in favor of a playoff.
04-25-2012 07:21 PM
Advertisement

ChrisLords Offline
Heisman

(04-25-2012 07:21 PM)Tom in Lazybrook Wrote:  
(04-25-2012 06:52 PM)ChrisLords Wrote:  Have a plus 1 after the bowls and let them keep the Rose Bowl.

So a Big 10 or Pac 10 team doesn't have to play a SEC team until the plus one game? Sounds like a raw deal for whomever gets to play the SEC team. Does the Big 12 really want to play the SEC in the first round pretty much every year.

Any kind of playoff should be based upon an appropriate seeding 4 vs 1, 3 vs 2. And let the chips fall where they may. If they go for an 8 team playoff, its a bit easier to do, but its still needlessly unfair to whomever gets a harder first round opponent than would otherwise happen under a more equitable system of games.

If the Pac and Big want the Rose Bowl... They can use the Rose Bowl as their place for second place teams (or first place if they don't reach the BCS). But the Rose Bowl would be out of the BCS in that scenario.

For the record, the winners of the last six national championships (the SEC) is in favor of a playoff.

Joe Schad on College football live today said the model that was getting the most interest was the seeded top 4, 1 vs 4, 2 vs 3. So it seems they are heading in that direction. Semi-final games would be bid out to neutral sites just like the championship game.
04-25-2012 07:33 PM
tj_2009 Offline
1st String

I Root For: Syracuse
Maybe they could take a top 4 after all the bowls are played. Then everybody could keep their bowl affiliations. That would in a sense make it a 8 team playoff. There are 4 BCS games, take the winners and then playoff against each other.
04-28-2012 01:51 PM
Advertisement

ClairtonPanther Offline
people need to wake up

I Root For: Pitt/Navy

Donators
(04-28-2012 01:51 PM)tj_2009 Wrote:  Maybe they could take a top 4 after all the bowls are played. Then everybody could keep their bowl affiliations. That would in a sense make it a 8 team playoff. There are 4 BCS games, take the winners and then playoff against each other.

I'd rather play the National Semis the week after the Conference Championship Games, let the losers go to their BCS Bowl Game, and the winners play in the BCS Title Game.
04-28-2012 02:19 PM
ChrisLords Offline
Heisman

(04-28-2012 01:51 PM)tj_2009 Wrote:  Maybe they could take a top 4 after all the bowls are played. Then everybody could keep their bowl affiliations. That would in a sense make it a 8 team playoff. There are 4 BCS games, take the winners and then playoff against each other.

I think that would be great. Have the Semi's 2 weeks after New Year’s Day and have the championship the week before the super bowl when there is no other football on TV. Unfortunately, they don't want to extend the bowl season any longer than 1 week after New Year day. I would much prefer they stretch out the college football as long as possible. Shorten up that span between the end of football season and the start of the NCAA tournament.
(This post was last modified: 04-29-2012 10:11 PM by ChrisLords.)
04-29-2012 10:09 PM

User(s) browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)

Copyright © 2002-2024 Collegiate Sports Nation Bulletin Board System (CSNbbs), All Rights Reserved.
CSNbbs is an independent fan site and is in no way affiliated to the NCAA or any of the schools and conferences it represents.
This site monetizes links. FTC Disclosure.
We allow third-party companies to serve ads and/or collect certain anonymous information when you visit our web site. These companies may use non-personally identifiable information (e.g., click stream information, browser type, time and date, subject of advertisements clicked or scrolled over) during your visits to this and other Web sites in order to provide advertisements about goods and services likely to be of greater interest to you. These companies typically use a cookie or third party web beacon to collect this information. To learn more about this behavioral advertising practice or to opt-out of this type of advertising, you can visit http://www.networkadvertising.org.