Hello There, Guest! (LoginRegister)

Why are you here?
joe4psu Offline
2nd String

I Root For: Penn State
Why are you here?
Just wondering why people are here in general but more importantly why CSNbbs team or conference sites in particular? I've only checked out a few conference and team sites but it doesn't seem like the B1G or B12 sites, or team sites, get many threads.

I spend my time on PSU's Scout site mainly and have become a follower of this particular board and of Frank's blog and comment section. That may change since I have paid for access to Scout, and other sites in the past, but currently don't plan to extend my pay membership on any site. It seems that I'm more interested in realignment and a playoff (and it's influence on realignment) than the daily issues of recruiting.
(This post was last modified: 04-22-2012 03:34 AM by joe4psu.)
04-22-2012 12:09 AM
Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
Advertisement

ClairtonPanther Offline
people need to wake up

I Root For: Pitt/Navy

Donators
RE: Why are you here?
I've been here since the BE ezboard merged with here in 04/05. I remember when the BE Expansion Board was first "launched" and when it suddenly got overran w/ CUSA fans. Then the board got moved currently where it is. This board in general has taken some weird twists and turns over the past 2 years. Um, it seems to be almost an NCAA General Board as much as it is a Realignment Board. Maybe in time this will be simply a NCAA General Board until the next cycle of realignment occurs.

As for the Big 10 and Big XII boards. I'm kinda unsure why they're not popping. There seems to be enough fans from both conferences on this particular board to try to get them going. On 1 July 2012 WVU and TCU will officially enter the league. Maybe around that date, could be the shot in the arm that board needs.

I've been trying to get the Pitt board going here for sometime. Maybe it'll be the #1 place for Pitt fans at some point, maybe it won't be. But all in all, with the 6 cats that come there, we had some great discussions.
04-22-2012 12:26 AM
catdaddy_2402 Offline
I'm not an ACC cheerleader

I Root For: Clemson and ECU
Secondary to pulling for Clemson I have always pulled for East Carolina. I was part of the CUSA board when it was on Killer Frogs, and after their defection I migrated here.

Up until a few months ago there wasn't much traffic on the ACC board. For increasing that the Orange and Panthers fans will always be cool in my book. Pretty much other than GTS the only ACC fan I interacted with is the sheep in Pirate's clothing ecuacc4ever.

IMO this is one of the best boards on the web. For the most part, other than the 1700 overbearing Big East mods, it's a fairly respectable board that most can't complain about.
(This post was last modified: 04-22-2012 12:30 AM by catdaddy_2402.)
04-22-2012 12:28 AM
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
ClairtonPanther Offline
people need to wake up

Donators
(04-22-2012 12:28 AM)catdaddy_2402 Wrote:  Secondary to pulling for Clemson I have always pulled for East Carolina. I was part of the CUSA board when it was on Killer Frogs, and after their defection I migrated here.

Up until a few months ago there wasn't much traffic on the ACC board. For increasing that the Orange and Panthers fans will always be cool in my book. Pretty much other than GTS the only ACC fan I interacted with is the sheep in Pirate's clothing ecuacc4ever.

IMO this is one of the best boards on the web. For the most part, other than the 1700 overbearing Big East mods, it's a fairly respectable board that most can't complain about.

Hopefully we can keep the ball rolling and attract some Canes, and Virginia fans.

Its been great interacting w/ you guys and I thank y'all for bringing us in. Until we play a down of football we're just a redheaded stepchild.
04-22-2012 12:34 AM
catdaddy_2402 Offline
I'm not an ACC cheerleader

I Root For: Clemson and ECU
(04-22-2012 12:34 AM)ClairtonPanther Wrote:  Its been great interacting w/ you guys and I thank y'all for bringing us in. Until we play a down of football we're just a redheaded stepchild.

Could be worse. You could be a sissy blue sheep.
04-22-2012 12:40 AM
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
ClairtonPanther Offline
people need to wake up

Donators
(04-22-2012 12:40 AM)catdaddy_2402 Wrote:  
(04-22-2012 12:34 AM)ClairtonPanther Wrote:  Its been great interacting w/ you guys and I thank y'all for bringing us in. Until we play a down of football we're just a redheaded stepchild.

Could be worse. You could be a sissy blue sheep.

SFT
04-22-2012 12:41 AM
Advertisement

Fresno St. Alum Offline
Heisman

I Root For: Fresno St.
I was asked a similar question today

(04-21-2012 07:57 AM)Sactowndog Wrote:  Fresno State Alum. Just curious why you are following A 10 expansion? I care because my daughter is a a Freshman Volleyball player at Butler and this move would affect her and us trying to follow her.

It's weird, I follow 3 schools: Fresno, Butler, and UOP where my son plays Water Polo. All three have been affected by expansion.

I have been following all of D-I expansion since 1990. I started followed D-II, D-III, NAIA expansion/movement in 1997. It's my NFL off season hobby. Although the last couple of years it has spilled into the NFL season. I'm on here, the csi expansion board, FCS, D-II board, NAIA board, WAC, MWC boards. I just use the Senior Reports and csi boards for my D-III info.
(This post was last modified: 04-22-2012 03:38 AM by Fresno St. Alum.)
04-22-2012 01:55 AM
blazr Away
Hall of Famer

I Root For: UAB
Why are you here?
Easy answer for UAB fans. Having started sports in 1978 (reaching the Elite Eight in 1983 to everyone's amazement) and club football in 1989 (FBS in 1996), our fans may be widespread but not remotely as deep as other schools. Hence, it's easier - and critical - for us to identify with one major online community. BlazerTalk was a Rivals board and was moved to NCAAbbs maybe 6 or 7 years ago. MemphisTigers.org followed much the same path and, with those sites having already had years to collect sizable followings, the CUSA board kind of organically grew into the best one for our conference (with the addition of the Louisville, Cincy, ECU, and Southern Miss groups as well).

So, while CSNbbs might find major conference teams tough nuts to crack, it is well established as the home for CUSA talk (maybe Big East as well).

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk HD
04-22-2012 02:17 AM
HawaiiMongoose Offline
All American

I Root For: Hawaii
As a Hawaii fan, I've been interested in conference realignment for the past couple of years because of its impact on UH. This board is the best place to pick up the latest information and learn from smart folks like Fresno St. Alum and blazr.

Also I'm a compulsive puzzle solver, and trying to figure out the next move in the realignment game is only slightly less challenging than predicting the next turn of the stock market. And way more fun.
(This post was last modified: 04-22-2012 02:21 AM by HawaiiMongoose.)
04-22-2012 02:21 AM
joe4psu Offline
2nd String

Great responses guys. Interesting history.
04-22-2012 03:34 AM
ClairtonPanther Offline
people need to wake up

Donators
(04-22-2012 03:34 AM)joe4psu Wrote:  Great responses guys. Interesting history.

So start posting on the Big 10 board and help get it active... 05-mafia

03-wink
04-22-2012 03:39 AM
Advertisement

joe4psu Offline
2nd String

(04-22-2012 03:39 AM)ClairtonPanther Wrote:  
(04-22-2012 03:34 AM)joe4psu Wrote:  Great responses guys. Interesting history.

So start posting on the Big 10 board and help get it active... 05-mafia

03-wink

How about I start here and take it to other boards/sites?

We really need to start a campaign for the total overhaul and realignment of the fbs. It may mean splitting into another classification (DI, DII, DIA, DIAA, fbs, fcs) but it is necessary to bring further changes to college sports. I'm tempted to say college football but I'm not sure that would encompass the whole issue. The point is that like football playoff fans before us we have to start somewhere. I don't intend to start a PAC (like Playoffs Now?) but to get people thinking and talking and to get the media to make it a much larger issue. Change starts with a single action. Let's call it CollegesUnitedNotTheSame! Or maybe not...You come up with a moniker.
04-22-2012 04:30 AM
Louis Kitton Offline
Heisman

I Root For: High Fashion
I've been on the site for 10 years when the MAC board migrated over to CSNBBs. The way it worked is the site manager GTS knew one of the Miami Ohio fans (Dodo) who was from Atlanta or something, at least I thought that was how the story went down.

Before that the MAC community existed on another board for about 2 or 3 years. People who were involved were guys like emusteve, Dr. Torch, HuronDave, exCincyKid, DICK, axeme, Nick in Cleveland and several current CUSA posters from Marshall like Herdzoned, Muther, Green Bison. I'm sure there were a few others I'm missing. Obviously the Marshall guys split off when they joined CUSA.

Prior to the general MAC board MAC fans talked on rivals with many of the same legacy posters and then before that the bulletin board system going back to 95' which emusteve was involved in and a few others but I was not part of that.

Personally, I can remember when to get into an Ohio football game all one needed to do was cut out a ticket from the bottom of a grocery bag. Seriously. Today we are selling tickets at $290 a season tix in our top end section with beer and wine served. The programs first appearance on ESPN was in 2005 so we've come light years.

Ohio is now an alliance caliber program in football/basketball with regard to resources/salaries/TV which I've always said we've at a minimum always deserved, IMO. The school is now High Mid Major.
04-22-2012 05:09 AM
ClairtonPanther Offline
people need to wake up

Donators
I apologize Joe... was totally joking w/ you.
04-22-2012 06:24 AM
buckaineer Offline
Banned

I Root For: WV Mountaineers
Originally looking for a site where Big East fans were discussing the league and ways to improve it. The Big East board used to have many Big East fans and good discussion. As things progressed it initially was a good site to discuss possible future expansion for the league.

CUSA fans quickly overran the board once expansion became more and more of the topic(s) of the day--and soon it became impossible to have discussion about Big East issues. Left for a long time. Those running the board created a realignment board and broke it away from the Big East board. As real realignment started up came back to check out rumors, info, etc. and discuss issues related to my favorite program changing conferences.

Always interesting to see viewpoints from different areas, although the boards still seem to be CUSA heavy--not as much animosity as before --- animosity seems to have shifted from the Big East to the BIG 12 to a degree now.
04-22-2012 06:56 AM
Wolfman Offline
All American

I Root For: The Cartel
I discovered the site while searching for info on expansion/realignment. I liked the concept of a board with fans from multiple schools and conferences. It is not quite as varied as I hoped but it is getting there.
04-22-2012 07:08 AM
Advertisement

johnbragg Online
Five Minute Google Expert

I Root For: St Johns
I found the site doing google searches on stuff about realignment, probably looking for the actual rule that said you can't be in Conference A for all-sports but in Conference B for one sport if Conference A has that sport. (There is no such rule, so Boise to Big East FB and WAC non-FB is OK).

I came on to learn stuff about realignment, economics of college sports, etc. That's why a lot of my threads leave open the possibility that I'm being a complete moron in a way I just don't see myself. I figure someone will tell me, and then I'll know that. Or at least know that many people believe that, even if I disagree with it.
04-22-2012 07:13 AM
Shannon Panther Offline
Heisman

I Root For: Pitt

Donators
Re: Why are you here?
I came here when the New Big East Board was merged. I stayed because there are some good conversations surrounding conference happenings and conference realignment.

Sent from my AT100 using Tapatalk 2
04-22-2012 07:28 AM
ShoreBuc Offline
Heisman

I Root For: ECU
Reading and posting since the Killer Frogs days. Enjoyed reading the post of some of the old CUSA posters from Louisville, USF and UC and expansion was like a car wreck that you just had to rubber neck. Board has only gotten more interesting with the flar flung expansion of the new Big East and the potential alliance that now we have posters from all over the country. This round of expansion brought in Big 12 posters, ACC posters, SEC posters and the normal characters from CUSA and Big East so it was fun to read even if frustrating at a lot of times.
04-22-2012 07:30 AM
Sactowndog Offline
All American

I Root For: Fresno State Texas A&M
(04-22-2012 01:55 AM)Fresno St. Alum Wrote:  I was asked a similar question today

(04-21-2012 07:57 AM)Sactowndog Wrote:  Fresno State Alum. Just curious why you are following A 10 expansion? I care because my daughter is a a Freshman Volleyball player at Butler and this move would affect her and us trying to follow her.

It's weird, I follow 3 schools: Fresno, Butler, and UOP where my son plays Water Polo. All three have been affected by expansion.

I have been following all of D-I expansion since 1990. I started followed D-II, D-III, NAIA expansion/movement in 1997. It's my NFL off season hobby. Although the last couple of years it has spilled into the NFL season. I'm on here, the csi expansion board, FCS, D-II board, NAIA board, WAC, MWC boards. I just use the Senior Reports and csi boards for my D-III info.

My Fresno friend answered for both of us :-)
04-22-2012 08:35 AM

User(s) browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)

Copyright © 2002-2024 Collegiate Sports Nation Bulletin Board System (CSNbbs), All Rights Reserved.
CSNbbs is an independent fan site and is in no way affiliated to the NCAA or any of the schools and conferences it represents.
This site monetizes links. FTC Disclosure.
We allow third-party companies to serve ads and/or collect certain anonymous information when you visit our web site. These companies may use non-personally identifiable information (e.g., click stream information, browser type, time and date, subject of advertisements clicked or scrolled over) during your visits to this and other Web sites in order to provide advertisements about goods and services likely to be of greater interest to you. These companies typically use a cookie or third party web beacon to collect this information. To learn more about this behavioral advertising practice or to opt-out of this type of advertising, you can visit http://www.networkadvertising.org.