Hello There, Guest! (LoginRegister)

FAU to play U of Miami in 3 game series...
Bookmark and Share
OwlFamily Online
FLORIDA ATLANTICS DEFENDER OF THE FAITH

I Root For: FLORIDA ATLANTIC
FAU to play U of Miami in 3 game series...
http://www.fausports.com/sports/m-footbl...12aaa.html

Football to Play Three Game Series with University of Miami

April 21, 2012

BOCA RATON, FL - Florida Atlantic University's athletics department has agreed to a three-game series with south Florida neighbor University of Miami, announced Melissa Dawson, FAU's interim athletics director.

The three game set will begin with the Owls traveling to Miami on Saturday, August 31, 2013. The season opener will be the second season under the direction of Carl Pelini, FAU's newly hired head coach.

"It's a great match-up," said Pelini. "Miami is a prestigious program of which we would like to emulate. It will be great for our players to challenge the names they played against in high school and for the fans to have a close away game to attend."

FAU will then play host to the Miami Hurricanes in 2015, with a date yet to be determined
. The game will mark the first time the Hurricanes will play in Palm Beach County and the first time UM has played an away game south of Tampa. FAU will return to Miami in 2016.

To purchase 2012 season tickets visit ticketmaster.com or call 1-866-FAU-Owls.
(This post was last modified: 04-21-2012 05:18 PM by OwlFamily.)
04-21-2012 05:04 PM
Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
Advertisement

Sluggo13 Offline
Water Engineer

I Root For: Georgia State
RE: FAU to play U of Miami in 3 game series...
This should really excite the fans. Sounds awesome.
04-21-2012 05:15 PM
panama Offline
Legend

I Root For: Georgia STATE
Very very awesome
04-21-2012 05:41 PM
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
Ole Blue Offline
Hall of Famer

I Root For: The Good Guys
Awesome! I believe I'll be able to go to all of those games. Won't be cheering for FAU though, but sounds exciting! 04-cheers
(This post was last modified: 04-21-2012 05:46 PM by Ole Blue.)
04-21-2012 05:46 PM
SaintDK10 Offline
Bench Warmer

(04-21-2012 05:46 PM)mtsufan561 Wrote:  Awesome! I believe I'll be able to go to all of those games. Won't be cheering for FAU though, but sounds exciting! 04-cheers
Just out of curiosity, why not cheer for FAU? We had a debate about this on PantherTalk, but I'm one of those fans that will always root for a Sun Belt team when they're playing an OOC opponent, ESPECIALLY from an AQ conference. Am I the only one?
04-21-2012 06:10 PM
techdawg88 Offline
Heisman

I Root For: Louisiana Tech
good job and at least the drive shouldn't be that bad
04-21-2012 06:11 PM
Advertisement

Ole Blue Offline
Hall of Famer

(04-21-2012 06:10 PM)SaintDK10 Wrote:  
(04-21-2012 05:46 PM)mtsufan561 Wrote:  Awesome! I believe I'll be able to go to all of those games. Won't be cheering for FAU though, but sounds exciting! 04-cheers
Just out of curiosity, why not cheer for FAU? We had a debate about this on PantherTalk, but I'm one of those fans that will always root for a Sun Belt team when they're playing an OOC opponent, ESPECIALLY from an AQ conference. Am I the only one?

Well, I would, if they weren't playing Miami. Though I do love MT and the Sun Belt, Miami is my school. 04-rock
(This post was last modified: 04-21-2012 06:16 PM by Ole Blue.)
04-21-2012 06:15 PM
SaintDK10 Offline
Bench Warmer

(04-21-2012 06:15 PM)mtsufan561 Wrote:  
(04-21-2012 06:10 PM)SaintDK10 Wrote:  

Well, I would, if they weren't playing Miami. Though I do love MT and the Sun Belt, Miami is my school. 04-rock
Ah, ok. Didn't know you were a Canes fan.
04-21-2012 06:18 PM
OwlFamily Online
FLORIDA ATLANTICS DEFENDER OF THE FAITH

I Root For: FLORIDA ATLANTIC
I really dont understand why all the in-state schools dont play each other. It really does baffle me that Bama/Auburn wont play Troy and Arkansas wont play stAte.

I hope that GA and GT dont do that to Gstate.

I know the old saying that they have nothing to gain and everything to lose, but I honestly dont buy into that. If one of us knocks off one of the AQ schools in our state, yes it would make headlines but its not like we'd surplant those schools instantly. There would be some backlash but not a lot. Thankfully the Florida schools dont seem to have that issue. They will pay and play any of us and except for UF and FSU they will even come to your house.
04-21-2012 07:51 PM
RaiderATO Offline
Puddin' Stick

I Root For: MiddleTennessee
Just don't get into a brawl...
04-21-2012 08:02 PM
panama Offline
Legend

(04-21-2012 07:51 PM)OwlFamily Wrote:  I really dont understand why all the in-state schools dont play each other. It really does baffle me that Bama/Auburn wont play Troy and Arkansas wont play stAte.

I hope that GA and GT dont do that to Gstate.

I know the old saying that they have nothing to gain and everything to lose, but I honestly dont buy into that. If one of us knocks off one of the AQ schools in our state, yes it would make headlines but its not like we'd surplant those schools instantly. There would be some backlash but not a lot. Thankfully the Florida schools dont seem to have that issue. They will pay and play any of us and except for UF and FSU they will even come to your house.

Unique situation in FL. Most of the Southern flagships avoid their in-state bretheren like the plague
04-21-2012 08:04 PM
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
Advertisement

GoBigRed26 Offline
1st String

I Root For: stAte
(04-21-2012 07:51 PM)OwlFamily Wrote:  I really dont understand why all the in-state schools dont play each other. It really does baffle me that Bama/Auburn wont play Troy and Arkansas wont play stAte.

But Auburn and Alabama will play stAte, and Arkansas plays Troy. Funny thing is that Arkansas only beat ya'll by 10 this past year, and we beat you by 31.
04-21-2012 08:27 PM
panama Offline
Legend

(04-21-2012 08:27 PM)GoBigRed26 Wrote:  

But Auburn and Alabama will play stAte, and Arkansas plays Troy. Funny thing is that Arkansas only beat ya'll by 10 this past year, and we beat you by 31.

And Georgia plays USA in 2013
04-21-2012 08:36 PM
Ole Blue Offline
Hall of Famer

For once this past year MT played Tennessee. Even though we lost (on our worst year ever...) it was promising, and we had several thousand fans at Neyland. We play Vandy in a H&H series for several years starting in '15 I believe. We still play Memphis, though they are now under the impression that they will never play us unless it's a pay game (Vandy thought that, now look what's happening). In any case Tennessee schools have been rather roundabout in playing each other.
04-21-2012 09:51 PM
GoBigRed26 Offline
1st String

(04-21-2012 09:51 PM)mtsufan561 Wrote:  For once this past year MT played Tennessee. Even though we lost (on our worst year ever...) it was promising, and we had several thousand fans at Neyland. We play Vandy in a H&H series for several years starting in '15 I believe. We still play Memphis, though they are now under the impression that they will never play us unless it's a pay game (Vandy thought that, now look what's happening). In any case Tennessee schools have been rather roundabout in playing each other.

You got to play them in basketball too, and that turned out better.
04-21-2012 11:11 PM
GoBigRed26 Offline
1st String

(04-21-2012 08:36 PM)panama Wrote:  

Does Georgia have a mandate that they won't play other in state opponents?
04-21-2012 11:12 PM
Advertisement

Mgt2j Offline
Bench Warmer

I Root For: Middle Tennesse
Georgia will play other teams in the state. They play Tech every year and will host Georgia Southern every few years. I see no reason they will not play GSU, but getting them into the Dome will be a challenge. I hope the Panthers can get them to come to Atlanta on a regular basis, but as every Sun Belt fan knows getting the state SEC school to play in the state Sun Belt's school is difficult, as I believe no state SEC school has played in a in-state Sun Belt stadium.

I know Middle will play vandy at home in a few years, and I do not count the WKU/Kentucky game in Nashville as a true home game

But great Job FAU!!!
(This post was last modified: 04-21-2012 11:35 PM by Mgt2j.)
04-21-2012 11:33 PM
Ole Blue Offline
Hall of Famer

(04-21-2012 11:11 PM)GoBigRed26 Wrote:  
(04-21-2012 09:51 PM)mtsufan561 Wrote:  For once this past year MT played Tennessee. Even though we lost (on our worst year ever...) it was promising, and we had several thousand fans at Neyland. We play Vandy in a H&H series for several years starting in '15 I believe. We still play Memphis, though they are now under the impression that they will never play us unless it's a pay game (Vandy thought that, now look what's happening). In any case Tennessee schools have been rather roundabout in playing each other.

You got to play them in basketball too, and that turned out better.

Absolutely true! :) one excellent memory of this last sports season.
04-21-2012 11:35 PM
RaiderATO Offline
Puddin' Stick

I Root For: MiddleTennessee
(04-21-2012 11:33 PM)Mgt2j Wrote:  I see no reason they will not play GSU, but getting them into the Dome will be a challenge.

It'll happen, and UGA might as well be the home team for it. They'll want to have that game in Atlanta, and they'll work out the deal so they'll get a % of the gate, or they won't play there. They don't NEED a game in the dome, but they'll want it if they can make some $ off it and please the Atlanta fan base.
04-22-2012 11:20 AM
Usajags Offline
Sun Belt Nationalist

I Root For: South Alabama
(04-21-2012 08:36 PM)panama Wrote:  

South also plays Miss St this coming season.
04-22-2012 11:26 AM

User(s) browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)

Copyright © 2002-2024 Collegiate Sports Nation Bulletin Board System (CSNbbs), All Rights Reserved.
CSNbbs is an independent fan site and is in no way affiliated to the NCAA or any of the schools and conferences it represents.
This site monetizes links. FTC Disclosure.
We allow third-party companies to serve ads and/or collect certain anonymous information when you visit our web site. These companies may use non-personally identifiable information (e.g., click stream information, browser type, time and date, subject of advertisements clicked or scrolled over) during your visits to this and other Web sites in order to provide advertisements about goods and services likely to be of greater interest to you. These companies typically use a cookie or third party web beacon to collect this information. To learn more about this behavioral advertising practice or to opt-out of this type of advertising, you can visit http://www.networkadvertising.org.