Hello There, Guest! (LoginRegister)

Great op ed by an Iowa Congressional candidate!
Bull_In_Exile Offline
Eternal Pessimist

I Root For: The Underdog
Great op ed by an Iowa Congressional candidate!
http://theiowarepublican.com/2012/why-i%...l-compact/

But were Adams witnessing the current condition of our American society, the quality of our modern political leadership, and certain expositions being articulated on the floor of the U.S. Congress and inside the White House (of which he was the first resident), we could expect even he to concede Thomas Paine’s point in Common Sense (which Adams once described as “a poor, ignorant, malicious, short-sighted, crapulous mass”) that “we ought to remember that virtue is not hereditary.”

Quote:For if virtue was hereditary, the American people would have expected our political leadership to have adhered to Thomas Jefferson’s admonition long ago that, “It is incumbent on every generation to pay its own debts as it goes; a principle which if acted on would save one-half the wars of the world.”

They have not.

Instead, we have watched in disbelief as the current generation of political leadership has permitted and tolerated our national debt to skyrocket to more than $15.5 trillion, one-third of which is held by foreign governments whose national interests are not our own.

Politicians now borrow 40% of every dollar spent by the federal government on the backs of my three little girls – ages 1, 3, and 5 – indebting them to the tune of $150,000 before they can even ride a bike.

We are witnessing one of the most profound moral failures and social injustices in American history – perpetrated not by one race against another race, nor by one class against another class, but by one generation against the next.
04-10-2012 10:12 AM
Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
Advertisement

Machiavelli Offline
Back to Reality. Oh there goes Gravity

I Root For: BGSU
RE: Great op ed by an Iowa Congressional candidate!
Funny I didn't hear politcians talking like this 2000-2008. Maybe we need another tax cut to stimulate us out of our quagmire.
04-10-2012 10:28 AM
Advertisement

Bull_In_Exile Offline
Eternal Pessimist

I Root For: The Underdog
(04-10-2012 10:28 AM)Machiavelli Wrote:  Funny I didn't hear politcians talking like this 2000-2008. Maybe we need another tax cut to stimulate us out of our quagmire.

You know who was talking like this...

[Image: obama_thumbs_up.jpg]

Quote:The problem is, is that the way Bush has done it over the last eight years is to take out a credit card from the Bank of China in the name of our children, driving up our national debt from $5 trillion for the first 42 presidents — #43 added $4 trillion by his lonesome, so that we now have over $9 trillion of debt that we are going to have to pay back — $30,000 for every man, woman and child. That’s irresponsible. It’s unpatriotic. -- Candidate Obama

I thought Obama was about hope change and halving our deficit within four years...
04-10-2012 10:35 AM
DrTorch Offline
Proved mach and GTS to be liars

I Root For: ASU, BGSU
CrappiesDonatorsBalance of Power Contest
(04-10-2012 10:28 AM)Machiavelli Wrote:  Funny I didn't hear politcians talking like this 2000-2008.

Then you weren't listening.
04-10-2012 11:08 AM

User(s) browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)

Copyright © 2002-2024 Collegiate Sports Nation Bulletin Board System (CSNbbs), All Rights Reserved.
CSNbbs is an independent fan site and is in no way affiliated to the NCAA or any of the schools and conferences it represents.
This site monetizes links. FTC Disclosure.
We allow third-party companies to serve ads and/or collect certain anonymous information when you visit our web site. These companies may use non-personally identifiable information (e.g., click stream information, browser type, time and date, subject of advertisements clicked or scrolled over) during your visits to this and other Web sites in order to provide advertisements about goods and services likely to be of greater interest to you. These companies typically use a cookie or third party web beacon to collect this information. To learn more about this behavioral advertising practice or to opt-out of this type of advertising, you can visit http://www.networkadvertising.org.