UAB Blazers

Hello There, Guest! (LoginRegister)

Current Players
BlazerGold09 Offline
All American

I Root For: UAB
MyBB Current Players
Social media has given college athletes an instant public forum that they never had before. It's interesting that out of the current players, some have voiced their opinions over the internet and some have stayed quite. I think the young men that have kept quite have shown a ton of character. Despite their ill advised social outcries, I still personally care to see Ovie and Preston until their careers are over here at UAB. I hope HCJH lit a spark in them today. If some choose to leave, I truly believe this team will be better off without them.
03-27-2012 08:49 PM
Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
Advertisement

Memphis Blazer Offline
Nambie Pambie

I Root For:

BlazerTalk AwardBlazerTalk AwardBlazerTalk AwardBlazerTalk AwardBlazerTalk AwardBlazerTalk Award
RE: Current Players
(03-27-2012 08:49 PM)BlazerGold09 Wrote:  Social media has given college athletes an instant public forum that they never had before. It's interesting that out of the current players, some have voiced their opinions over the internet and some have stayed quite. I think the young men that have kept quite have shown a ton of character. Despite their ill advised social outcries, I still personally care to see Ovie and Preston until their careers are over here at UAB. I hope HCJH lit a spark in them today. If some choose to leave, I truly believe this team will be better off without them.

It's interesting that there were tweets from football players after they met with McGee about the meeting and what they thought of him. Unless I missed them, there has been nothing from the basketball team after the meeting. The only thing I've seen is a tweet last night from KC saying he was looking forward to meeting him.
03-27-2012 08:54 PM
BlazerGold09 Offline
All American

Didn't know about KC. Glad to here that. We are talking about a smaller sample size as well. I think maybe 4-5 of them tweet, or what ever.
03-27-2012 08:55 PM
the_blazerman Offline
Legend

Maybe Haase asked them to watch what they tweeted.
03-27-2012 08:56 PM
USAFBlazerFan Offline
Bleeding Green & Gold since '93

I Root For: UAB BLAZERS!!!
(03-27-2012 08:55 PM)BlazerGold09 Wrote:  Didn't know about KC. Glad to here that. We are talking about a smaller sample size as well. I think maybe 4-5 of them tweet, or what ever.

I was thinking along the same lines, too.
03-27-2012 08:57 PM
BlazerGold09 Offline
All American

(03-27-2012 08:56 PM)the_blazerman Wrote:  Maybe Haase asked them to watch what they tweeted.

One could only hope he'd recommend/enforce that after meeting them for the first time. He seems like a solid leader. I'm hoping his love and passion for the game will result in some loyalty in the players who are "hurting".
03-27-2012 09:00 PM
Advertisement

WesternBlazer Offline
Hall of Famer

Jekore was interviewed and said he attended to see if what he told the team is what he would say at the press conference and it was.
03-27-2012 09:08 PM
BlazerGold09 Offline
All American

The players I'm least worried about--Jekore, Jordan, Herb, KC, QT, Rob, and Hoopy(doubt he'd transfer again). Preston leaving would really really disappoint me.
03-27-2012 09:13 PM
Smaug Offline
Happnin' Dude

I Root For: Dragons

BlazerTalk AwardBlazerTalk AwardBlazerTalk AwardBlazerTalk Award
Tyler ought to be thrilled with this style of play.
03-27-2012 09:15 PM
BlazerGold09 Offline
All American

(03-27-2012 09:15 PM)Smaug Wrote:  Tyler ought to be thrilled with this style of play.

Couldn't agree more. Fitness has never been an issue with this team, IMO. These kids want to play some ball and I hope they realize HCJH is the prime enabler to make that happen.
03-27-2012 09:18 PM
blazerball55 Offline
Special Teams

HCJH is going to teach JT to control himself with the ball. I expect this to be a huge year for JT, and I wouldn't be surprised if we saw him in the starting lineup. Who knows maybe he will grow a few inches like Cam and be a SG.
03-27-2012 09:34 PM
Advertisement

blazerball55 Offline
Special Teams

(03-27-2012 08:54 PM)Memphis Blazer Wrote:  
(03-27-2012 08:49 PM)BlazerGold09 Wrote:  Social media has given college athletes an instant public forum that they never had before. It's interesting that out of the current players, some have voiced their opinions over the internet and some have stayed quite. I think the young men that have kept quite have shown a ton of character. Despite their ill advised social outcries, I still personally care to see Ovie and Preston until their careers are over here at UAB. I hope HCJH lit a spark in them today. If some choose to leave, I truly believe this team will be better off without them.

It's interesting that there were tweets from football players after they met with McGee about the meeting and what they thought of him. Unless I missed them, there has been nothing from the basketball team after the meeting. The only thing I've seen is a tweet last night from KC saying he was looking forward to meeting him.

I doubt Ovie even showed up at the meeting.
03-27-2012 09:37 PM
blazers9911 Offline
Hall of Famer

Survivor Runner-up
(03-27-2012 09:15 PM)Smaug Wrote:  Tyler ought to be thrilled with this style of play.

I may have misheard him, but didn't Haase say that he was looking for a bigger 2? If so, I would think that is going to hurt JT's minutes.
03-28-2012 07:48 AM
the_blazerman Offline
Legend

I think he meant 2 big guys, not a bigger #2 position.

We are fine everywhere except our big guys.
03-28-2012 07:49 AM
blazers9911 Offline
Hall of Famer

Survivor Runner-up
I would have thought that too, but that wasn't the way it came out to me. He may have not said what he meant, or I may not have heard him correctly. I think it goes without saying that he is looking for bigs. After he said that though, I kind of agreed that having a bigger 2 could help.
03-28-2012 08:15 AM
BlazerPhil Offline
Administrator of Comedy

I Root For: Birmingham U.
Folding@NCAAbbs

Soko and ASW too.
03-28-2012 09:05 AM
Advertisement

Blazer85 Offline
Hall of Famer

I Root For: UAB Blazers
(03-28-2012 07:49 AM)the_blazerman Wrote:  I think he meant 2 big guys, not a bigger #2 position.

We are fine everywhere except our big guys.

Yeah... he said he wants to get "a big or 2" rather than a "bigger 2"
03-28-2012 09:08 AM
FNblazer Offline
#freeuab

BlazerTalk Award
Some of our current players (IMO Jordan, Jekore, Quincy, KC) will be excited to get into the Haase system. Preston will come around too. Davis' problem in the end is he was too much of a Daddy and not enough of a coach, which is why it's no wonder that the players are devastated.

Compare that to JP and his excitement for the Stache and the beginning of Spring Practice. McGee isn't working these guys starting today in order to teach them how to fish or score quality ladies. He's here to win Championships.
03-28-2012 09:49 AM
WesternBlazer Offline
Hall of Famer

(03-28-2012 09:49 AM)FNblazer Wrote:  Some of our current players (IMO Jordan, Jekore, Quincy, KC) will be excited to get into the Haase system. Preston will come around too. Davis' problem in the end is he was too much of a Daddy and not enough of a coach, which is why it's no wonder that the players are devastated.

Compare that to JP and his excitement for the Stache and the beginning of Spring Practice. McGee isn't working these guys starting today in order to teach them how to fish or score quality ladies. He's here to win Championships.

Of course, even the XCMD detractors will admit that given a choice between XCNC and XCMD, XCMD was much more competent.
03-28-2012 12:10 PM
LairDweller Offline
Hall of Famer

I Root For: UAB #1/Iowa #2
(03-27-2012 09:37 PM)blazerball55 Wrote:  
(03-27-2012 08:54 PM)Memphis Blazer Wrote:  

I doubt Ovie even showed up at the meeting.

newspaper said ovie was the only player not at the team meeting, but the 2 met face to face shortly after the press conference
03-28-2012 12:14 PM

User(s) browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)

Copyright © 2002-2024 Collegiate Sports Nation Bulletin Board System (CSNbbs), All Rights Reserved.
CSNbbs is an independent fan site and is in no way affiliated to the NCAA or any of the schools and conferences it represents.
This site monetizes links. FTC Disclosure.
We allow third-party companies to serve ads and/or collect certain anonymous information when you visit our web site. These companies may use non-personally identifiable information (e.g., click stream information, browser type, time and date, subject of advertisements clicked or scrolled over) during your visits to this and other Web sites in order to provide advertisements about goods and services likely to be of greater interest to you. These companies typically use a cookie or third party web beacon to collect this information. To learn more about this behavioral advertising practice or to opt-out of this type of advertising, you can visit http://www.networkadvertising.org.