Hello There, Guest! (LoginRegister)

Want a good laugh?
Bookmark and Share
MT FAN Offline
All American

I Root For: Middle Tennesse
Want a good laugh?
From the Liberty board.

"Now now...but take a serious look at the Sun Belt. Our facilities across the board are better in most cases, and our athletic budget is already just as big if not bigger than most Sun Belt schools. I agree with the thread in general sports - we're ready to move up, in all sports. Track and field needs some better competition - Tolsma just won his what, 49th Big South coach of the year award? Heck I would be willing to bet even some of the new sports might be ready.

SEC...no...Sun Belt? They might not know anything about us yet but they will, we've got bigger guns than they do and a lot more ammo.logic
Blaze"

"I think the Sunbelt would be a good league for us. Facility wise we'll be top of that league, and should be instantly competitive in football, women's bball, T&F/CC."

http://www.flamefans.com/forums/viewtopi...&start=150
03-23-2012 01:39 PM
Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
Advertisement

FIUFan Offline
All American

I Root For: FIU
RE: Want a good laugh?
(03-23-2012 01:39 PM)MT FAN Wrote:  From the Liberty board.
"Now now...but take a serious look at the Sun Belt. Our facilities across the board are better in most cases, and our athletic budget is already just as big if not bigger than most Sun Belt schools. I agree with the thread in general sports - we're ready to move up, in all sports. Track and field needs some better competition - Tolsma just won his what, 49th Big South coach of the year award? Heck I would be willing to bet even some of the new sports might be ready.
SEC...no...Sun Belt? They might not know anything about us yet but they will, we've got bigger guns than they do and a lot more ammo.logic
Blaze"
"I think the Sunbelt would be a good league for us. Facility wise we'll be top of that league, and should be instantly competitive in football, women's bball, T&F/CC."

Ignorance is bliss.
03-23-2012 01:41 PM
TrojanCampaign Offline
All American

I Root For: USC, AAMU,
Seriously does anyone have pictures of Liberty's facilities and what state are they in? I'm assuming North Carolina or Texas
03-23-2012 01:49 PM
Ole Blue Offline
Hall of Famer

I Root For: The Good Guys
I've seen some of Liberty's facilities... They are not the best and certainly wouldn't be the best in the Belt... As you've said ignorance is bliss.
03-23-2012 01:51 PM
TrojanCampaign Offline
All American

Holy hell! 60,000+ Online students? I thought Troy was bad for having like 9,000 online students....
03-23-2012 01:51 PM
chazg Offline
Bench Warmer

I Root For: Texas State
Here is a link to their facilities page.

Their football stadium is actually in the middle of an expansion that will put it over 30,000.

http://www.libertyflames.com/index.cfm?PID=16998
03-23-2012 01:54 PM
Advertisement

TrojanCampaign Offline
All American

(03-23-2012 01:54 PM)chazg Wrote:  Here is a link to their facilities page.

Their football stadium is actually in the middle of an expansion that will put it over 30,000.

http://www.libertyflames.com/index.cfm?PID=16998

Okay I will give them credit where it is due. They have nice facilities and they seem to do okay for themselves in most sports but I think they would struggle as a FBS school on the field.
03-23-2012 02:05 PM
wh49er Offline
All American

I Root For: Charlotte 49ers

Blaze"

They are champions training for Christ......they will be competitive in everything. All they have to do is channel the spirit of Tebow.
03-23-2012 02:08 PM
HerdZoned Offline
Hall of Famer

I Root For: The Herd

Folding@NCAAbbsCrappiesCrappiesCrappies
(03-23-2012 01:49 PM)TrojanCampaign Wrote:  Seriously does anyone have pictures of Liberty's facilities and what state are they in? I'm assuming North Carolina or Texas

Liberty University isn't in North Carolina, Texas, South Carolina, or Georgia. It's in Lynchburg, VA. It was founded by the late Jerry Falwell in 1971 as Lynchburg Babtist College and changed to Liberty University in 1976.
(This post was last modified: 03-23-2012 02:14 PM by HerdZoned.)
03-23-2012 02:14 PM
TrojanCampaign Offline
All American

(03-23-2012 02:08 PM)wh49er Wrote:  

Blaze"

They are champions training for Christ......they will be competitive in everything. All they have to do is channel the spirit of Tebow.

03-lmfao The only thing Tebow did for Denver was get the interest of teenage girls in Florida. And now he is being sent to the Jets for two low draft picks just so he can make Sanchez nervous.
03-23-2012 02:20 PM
TrojanCampaign Offline
All American

(03-23-2012 02:14 PM)HerdZoned Wrote:  
(03-23-2012 01:49 PM)TrojanCampaign Wrote:  Seriously does anyone have pictures of Liberty's facilities and what state are they in? I'm assuming North Carolina or Texas

Liberty University isn't in North Carolina, Texas, South Carolina, or Georgia. It's in Lynchburg, VA. It was founded by the late Jerry Falwell in 1971 as Lynchburg Babtist College and changed to Liberty University in 1976.

Yeah I looked up the Wikipedia. It looks legit I guess but I see no reason in taking them over a big market like UTSA or a proven winner like Georgia Southern.
03-23-2012 02:21 PM
Advertisement

BLEEDITRED Offline
Sun Belt Nationalist

I Root For: South Alabama
There are at least 8 schools ahead of them. A lot would have to happen for them to come even close to getting in the picture.

They would make for easy material though. Flamefans.com? Jerry Falwell? Just. Too. Easy.
(This post was last modified: 03-23-2012 02:48 PM by BLEEDITRED.)
03-23-2012 02:46 PM
JoeJag Offline
Sun Belt Nationalist

Maybe someday when Timbo retires from pro football he can settle in Lynchburg, Va and someday preach, oops, coach football at Liberty. Now wouldn't that be a great fit? I sort of respect the guy, but that's just me.
(This post was last modified: 03-23-2012 03:08 PM by JoeJag.)
03-23-2012 03:01 PM
TrojanCampaign Offline
All American

Is Tebow even baptist? He seems more like a COC kind of guy.....
03-23-2012 03:05 PM
InjunJohn Offline
Sun Belt Nationalist

I Root For: ULM
I went round and round with a Liberty fan/student on the ULM board about them joining. What he couldn't get through his head was how isolated Liberty really is from the rest of the SBC. There would be absolutely no bussing to or from that school. The closest school would be Middle and they are 500 miles away. The airport has about 12 flights a day and they only have United Express so it could hold a whole team. Schools would have to fly into Richmond or Roanoke and then bus in to the school. May work for the occasional football game but no way for every other sport that has to play (baseball, basketball, volleyball, tennis, soccer, softball).
03-23-2012 03:05 PM
Usajags Offline
Sun Belt Nationalist

One thing Liberty has over every other school in the country, they have their very own ski hill that is open year round. It is made of Snowflex, I've actually riden it, not a bad facsimile. From the ski hill you can look down into the valley and onto the red turf football field.
03-23-2012 03:09 PM
Advertisement

Usajags Offline
Sun Belt Nationalist

(03-23-2012 03:05 PM)InjunJohn Wrote:  I went round and round with a Liberty fan/student on the ULM board about them joining. What he couldn't get through his head was how isolated Liberty really is from the rest of the SBC. There would be absolutely no bussing to or from that school. The closest school would be Middle and they are 500 miles away. The airport has about 12 flights a day and they only have United Express so it could hold a whole team. Schools would have to fly into Richmond or Roanoke and then bus in to the school. May work for the occasional football game but no way for every other sport that has to play (baseball, basketball, volleyball, tennis, soccer, softball).

They could be a bus school with Appy State, UNCC and ECU. 04-cheers
03-23-2012 03:11 PM
FloridaJag Offline
All American

I Root For: USA, FSU, and UWF
(03-23-2012 02:46 PM)BLEEDITRED Wrote:  There are at least 8 schools ahead of them. A lot would have to happen for them to come even close to getting in the picture.

They would make for easy material though. Flamefans.com? Jerry Falwell? Just. Too. Easy.

10 schools

App State 02-13-banana

Ga State 02-13-banana

Ga Southern 03-hissyfit

Kennesaw State 05-stirthepot

La Tech :03-banghead

North Carolina Charlotte 03-idea

Old Dominion 03-shhhh

Texas San Antonio 02-13-banana

Texas State 03-hissyfit

Florida Gulf Coast 05-stirthepot
03-23-2012 03:17 PM
BLEEDITRED Offline
Sun Belt Nationalist

(03-23-2012 03:17 PM)FloridaJag Wrote:  
(03-23-2012 02:46 PM)BLEEDITRED Wrote:  There are at least 8 schools ahead of them. A lot would have to happen for them to come even close to getting in the picture.

10 schools

App State 02-13-banana

Ga State 02-13-banana

Ga Southern 03-hissyfit

Kennesaw State 05-stirthepot

La Tech :03-banghead

North Carolina Charlotte 03-idea

Old Dominion 03-shhhh

Texas San Antonio 02-13-banana

Texas State 03-hissyfit

Florida Gulf Coast 05-stirthepot

You're reaching with two of those. 05-stirthepot
03-23-2012 03:21 PM
chiefsfan Offline
No Seriously, they let me be a mod

I Root For: ASU
Liberty? I guess Hoover High turned down their invite? Wouldnt leave without Prattville?
03-24-2012 07:13 AM

User(s) browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)

Copyright © 2002-2024 Collegiate Sports Nation Bulletin Board System (CSNbbs), All Rights Reserved.
CSNbbs is an independent fan site and is in no way affiliated to the NCAA or any of the schools and conferences it represents.
This site monetizes links. FTC Disclosure.
We allow third-party companies to serve ads and/or collect certain anonymous information when you visit our web site. These companies may use non-personally identifiable information (e.g., click stream information, browser type, time and date, subject of advertisements clicked or scrolled over) during your visits to this and other Web sites in order to provide advertisements about goods and services likely to be of greater interest to you. These companies typically use a cookie or third party web beacon to collect this information. To learn more about this behavioral advertising practice or to opt-out of this type of advertising, you can visit http://www.networkadvertising.org.