Hello There, Guest! (LoginRegister)

Non-ACC: Rendering of Baylor's new FB stadium
ecuacc4ever Offline
Resident Geek Musician

I Root For: ACC
SkunkworksDonatorsPWNER of Scout/Rivals
Non-ACC: Rendering of Baylor's new FB stadium
I saw this artist concept rendering of Baylor's new football stadium -- breathtaking!!

[Image: Baylor_river_walk.jpg]
03-14-2012 11:22 AM
Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
Advertisement

ChrisLords Offline
Heisman

I Root For: Virginia Tech
RE: Non-ACC: Rendering of Baylor's new FB stadium
I think it's pretty cool that you can take your boat to the game. That's a nice touch.
03-14-2012 11:51 AM
Hokie Mark Offline
Hall of Famer

I Root For: VT, ACC teams
(03-14-2012 11:51 AM)ChrisLords Wrote:  I think it's pretty cool that you can take your boat to the game. That's a nice touch.

Yeah, but it looks like you have to park at least a mile away...
03-14-2012 12:03 PM
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
Advertisement

ndlutz Offline
I am the liquor.

I Root For: Pitt
I was wondering where the hell the parking was. At first glance I figured it was just not shown in the picture. Then I remembered people telling me that Waco is really lame and so I am guessing it's not a huge tailgate destination.
03-15-2012 12:59 AM
ClairtonPanther Offline
people need to wake up

I Root For: Pitt/Navy

Donators
It looks nice as hell TBH. Maybe there's parking on the far side of the stadium... lol
03-15-2012 04:40 AM
Advertisement

ChrisLords Offline
Heisman

I Root For: Virginia Tech
(03-15-2012 04:40 AM)ClairtonPanther Wrote:  It looks nice as hell TBH. Maybe there's parking on the far side of the stadium... lol

It does look nice as hell. Reminds me of Villanova's new stadium. New, Nice and right on the water.

As a side note, if the polar ice caps keep melting, that stadium could end up flooded and the field under water.
03-15-2012 06:23 AM
ClairtonPanther Offline
people need to wake up

I Root For: Pitt/Navy

Donators
I'm unsure if that river is close enough to the Gulf to have tides or not. But I'm sure there could be levee's put into place to keep Waco from getting flooded.
03-15-2012 06:26 AM
Advertisement

Hokie Mark Offline
Hall of Famer

I Root For: VT, ACC teams
Perhaps a giant sink hole created by the evacuation of massive volume of water from the aquifer will cause the stadium to sink into the river?
03-15-2012 07:23 AM
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
AtlanticLeague Offline
All American

I Root For: UMD / W&M
Maryland is going to pissed to find out that Baylor is ripping off Byrd stadium...
03-15-2012 07:52 AM
Advertisement

IceJus10 Offline
All American

I Root For: Sports
It's a dream world, a bright clean white new George Washington/Brooklyn Bridge shaped/inspired highway suspension bridge in the background, turn a dirty gross polluted river into a recreation spot, turn a retaining pool into a marina, and have a curving scenic low pedestrian bridge.... that is the dream world if money were no object... that won't happen! It'll be a scaled down to budget version that gets built.
(This post was last modified: 03-15-2012 09:41 AM by IceJus10.)
03-15-2012 09:39 AM
catdaddy_2402 Offline
I'm not an ACC cheerleader

I Root For: Clemson and ECU
Considering the fact that Baylor's stadium plans tie in nicely with the city of Waco's urbanization plans I would be willing to bet that the end result is going to be closer to the concept drawings than not.

And if I am not mistaken the bridge is already there, and has been since the late 1800's
03-15-2012 10:29 AM
HtownOrange Offline
All American

I Root For: Syracuse
(03-15-2012 06:26 AM)ClairtonPanther Wrote:  I'm unsure if that river is close enough to the Gulf to have tides or not. But I'm sure there could be levee's put into place to keep Waco from getting flooded.

Waco is 200+ miles from the gulf. However, a good flash flood from heavy rains, now that...

I've been to the current stadium (got to see Baylor beat Oklahoma this year) and it reminds me of Cincy in that there are no bad seats and you are on top of the field. I like the new stadium rendering and Waco has the room to do this. Hopefully the parking is not miles away, though.
03-15-2012 03:47 PM

User(s) browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)

Copyright © 2002-2024 Collegiate Sports Nation Bulletin Board System (CSNbbs), All Rights Reserved.
CSNbbs is an independent fan site and is in no way affiliated to the NCAA or any of the schools and conferences it represents.
This site monetizes links. FTC Disclosure.
We allow third-party companies to serve ads and/or collect certain anonymous information when you visit our web site. These companies may use non-personally identifiable information (e.g., click stream information, browser type, time and date, subject of advertisements clicked or scrolled over) during your visits to this and other Web sites in order to provide advertisements about goods and services likely to be of greater interest to you. These companies typically use a cookie or third party web beacon to collect this information. To learn more about this behavioral advertising practice or to opt-out of this type of advertising, you can visit http://www.networkadvertising.org.