Hello There, Guest! (LoginRegister)

What would have been the score?
Bookmark and Share
SkullyMaroo Offline

I Root For: South Alabama
What would have been the score?
Good job WKU for pulling it out tonight against MSVU. But what would have been the score if this was a 29.7% shooting performance against Kentucky? I hope they can keep the UK game respectable.
03-13-2012 08:21 PM
Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
Advertisement

WKUTopFlight Offline
Water Engineer

I Root For: WKU
RE: What would have been the score?
(03-13-2012 08:21 PM)SkullyMaroo Wrote:  Good job WKU for pulling it out tonight against MSVU. But what would have been the score if this was a 29.7% shooting performance against Kentucky? I hope they can keep the UK game respectable.

Ky would win by 40. Luckily I think calculating will try to call the dogs off after a 25 point lead. Would love for WKU to win but being a lil realistic.
03-13-2012 08:26 PM
RaiderATO Offline
Puddin' Stick

I Root For: MiddleTennessee
(03-13-2012 08:26 PM)WKUTopFlight Wrote:  
(03-13-2012 08:21 PM)SkullyMaroo Wrote:  Good job WKU for pulling it out tonight against MSVU. But what would have been the score if this was a 29.7% shooting performance against Kentucky? I hope they can keep the UK game respectable.

Ky would win by 40. Luckily I think calculating will try to call the dogs off after a 25 point lead. Would love for WKU to win but being a lil realistic.

That's an interesting autocorrect...
03-13-2012 08:27 PM
TrojanNation Offline
Special Teams

I Root For: Troy
They won tonight... that is all that matters.

Sorry your team is not still playing.
03-13-2012 08:27 PM
WKUTopFlight Offline
Water Engineer

I Root For: WKU
(03-13-2012 08:27 PM)RaiderATO Wrote:  
(03-13-2012 08:26 PM)WKUTopFlight Wrote:  

That's an interesting autocorrect...

Yeah interesting auto correct fail
03-13-2012 08:32 PM
Advertisement

SkullyMaroo Offline

(03-13-2012 08:27 PM)TrojanNation Wrote:  They won tonight... that is all that matters.

Sorry your team is not still playing.

I know they won, and I started to preface this thread that I know USA is sitting at home. But come on. This was a play-in game two years in a row. We lost it last year and nearly lost it this year. I hope WKU plays lights out against Kentucky but tonight they would have been humiliated. And yes, UK would whip the living dog crap out of USA.
03-13-2012 09:46 PM
RaiderATO Offline
Puddin' Stick

I Root For: MiddleTennessee
(03-13-2012 09:46 PM)SkullyMaroo Wrote:  But come on. This was a play-in game two years in a row. We lost it last year and nearly lost it this year.

But it pays the same $$$ as upsetting a 1-seed... And pays more than an NCAA-sized MT choke-job would have.
(This post was last modified: 03-13-2012 10:01 PM by RaiderATO.)
03-13-2012 10:00 PM
TrojanNation Offline
Special Teams

Your original post just sounded like sour grapes.

There is no doubt in my mind UK will whip WKU.

But I assume we are about to start seeing the post about how many tourny wins WKU has... even though it was a win in a "play-in" game.

I can't say anything TROY had a terrible season, but at least we swept the SBC NCAA reps...04-rock

Good Luck against UK, WKU. Hopefully you will represent the conference well!
03-13-2012 10:06 PM
SkullyMaroo Offline

(03-13-2012 10:00 PM)RaiderATO Wrote:  
(03-13-2012 09:46 PM)SkullyMaroo Wrote:  But come on. This was a play-in game two years in a row. We lost it last year and nearly lost it this year.

But it pays the same $$$ as upsetting a 1-seed... And pays more than an NCAA-sized MT choke-job would have.

I guess I have higher expectations than our conference rep being elected to a play-in game two years in a row. I was hoping that WKU would prove that they didn't belong in the play-in game, but I'm not sure they did that. But a win is a win and a unit is a unit. I guess my main point is that I wish we could be a better league overall. We talk about our football potential ad naseum but basketball has slipped and a lot of people are indifferent to it.
03-13-2012 10:09 PM
Advertisement

CMJ Offline
Special Teams

I Root For: North Texas
I suspect WKU will play better Thursday. Not expecting a win or anything, but the Toppers won't turn it over 26 times either.
03-13-2012 10:24 PM
chiefsfan Offline
No Seriously, they let me be a mod

I Root For: ASU
If you will remember, perhaps the only strong game the Toppers played all year was when they went into the YUM Center and nearly beat Louisville.

I did have to give up on the yahoo recap though. After 10 paragraphs on Obama, I get down to the end and see a comment by a Western Kentucky "Fan" claiming that all Toppers fans were big Wildcats fans and that he had already purchased his Final Four tickets.
03-13-2012 11:24 PM
Usajags Offline
Sun Belt Nationalist

All I know is USA has as many wins in the NCAA Tourny as Troy has apperreances. Just saying. 05-stirthepot
03-14-2012 10:41 AM
dahbeed Offline
Heisman

I Root For: wku toppahs!!!
all i know is after we won the tourney in hot springs i checked the different message boards to see how many actually watched us play north texas in the championship.

i can say without a doubt i saw more haters on the south al board towards western than any other board and that includes the middle board if you throw out the barrage of autoerotickyle's posts.

just admit you're a hate skully.

confession is good for the soul.

western does what you only dream that south al could do.

hater.
03-14-2012 01:05 PM
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
Advertisement

TrojanNation Offline
Special Teams

(03-14-2012 10:41 AM)Usajags Wrote:  All I know is USA has as many wins in the NCAA Tourny as Troy has apperreances. Just saying. 05-stirthepot

And how long has South played DI basketball? Early 70's?

Congratulations!

So South has 1 win in the tourney, yet they claim to be a basketball school... 05-stirthepot
(This post was last modified: 03-14-2012 01:13 PM by TrojanNation.)
03-14-2012 01:10 PM
Tiguar Offline
All American

(03-14-2012 01:05 PM)dahbeed Wrote:  all i know is after we won the tourney in hot springs i checked the different message boards to see how many actually watched us play north texas in the championship.

i can say without a doubt i saw more haters on the south al board towards western than any other board and that includes the middle board if you throw out the barrage of autoerotickyle's posts.

hater.
I wasn't part of that crew but most of the "hate" seemed to be geared towards how the chips always seem fall just right for WKU while USA tends to get shafted in brackets, etc. If MTSU didn't choke this year, I doubt WKU would have had the opportunity to beat SWAC powerhouse MVSU in the play-in game. But they did and WKU did and I hope you guys somehow pull an upset over the blue kitties. I'm just happy we beat the almighty Harper in Mobile. It bodes well for our future.
(This post was last modified: 03-14-2012 01:24 PM by Tiguar.)
03-14-2012 01:20 PM
dahbeed Offline
Heisman

I Root For: wku toppahs!!!
(03-14-2012 01:20 PM)Tiguar Wrote:  
(03-14-2012 01:05 PM)dahbeed Wrote:  all i know is after we won the tourney in hot springs i checked the different message boards to see how many actually watched us play north texas in the championship.

hater.
I wasn't part of that crew but most of the "hate" seemed to be geared towards how the chips always seem fall just right for WKU while USA tends to get shafted in brackets, etc. If MTSU didn't choke this year, I doubt WKU would have had the opportunity to beat SWAC powerhouse MVSU in the play-in game. But they did and WKU did and I hope you guys somehow pull an upset over the blue kitties. I'm just happy we beat the almighty Harper in Mobile. It bodes well for our future.

so you're saying jesus loves us more than you and sends down chariots with fiery arrows to clear the path for the holy harperites???

don't put too much stock into that one win in mobile. as you can see....our freshmen have now learned how to finish games. 7 in a row. this is with saint ray taking over midseason. give him the whole offseason and see what he can do.

and i know there were a couple that weren't hating. but still far more haters than any other fanbase. kinda surprised me. i'd always felt a mutual respect for south al. was surprised to find out it wasn't mutual.
03-14-2012 02:37 PM
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
AtlantaJag Offline
Beltbbs USA INsider

I Root For: USA Jaguars
The respect is mutual but you can't expect us to be thrilled that an under .500 WKU team did what we hoped our team would have done.
The win aside, I was very disappointed in what I saw out of WKU last night. I was expecting to see a maturing team that was peaking show the nation that Sun Belt basketball wasn't as bad as perceived. I doubt that's what people are saying today.
03-14-2012 02:43 PM
Advertisement

Tiguar Offline
All American

Quote:so you're saying jesus loves us more than you and sends down chariots with fiery arrows to clear the path for the holy harperites???
I think WKU has a tendency to do mediocre in the regular season but finish well in the SBC tourney, giving them an auto-bid which is usually seeded against easier opponents and if someone gets an at-large bid from the Belt its generally against a more difficult opponent. I'll put plenty of stock in our win against you in Mobile. WKU travels well and thats a big part of their success. If there's one thing I am jealous of from WKU its fan support.
03-14-2012 02:49 PM
mts305 Offline
Bench Warmer

Nice talk guys.

I hope that UNCC coming back to The Belt doesn't mess that up. Point being that it is possible that we move to the west in that scenario. I would hate to lose the bball rivalry with WKU. You know being the two teams are the senior members in the SBC and South owns the series. 04-rock
03-14-2012 11:15 PM

User(s) browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)

Copyright © 2002-2024 Collegiate Sports Nation Bulletin Board System (CSNbbs), All Rights Reserved.
CSNbbs is an independent fan site and is in no way affiliated to the NCAA or any of the schools and conferences it represents.
This site monetizes links. FTC Disclosure.
We allow third-party companies to serve ads and/or collect certain anonymous information when you visit our web site. These companies may use non-personally identifiable information (e.g., click stream information, browser type, time and date, subject of advertisements clicked or scrolled over) during your visits to this and other Web sites in order to provide advertisements about goods and services likely to be of greater interest to you. These companies typically use a cookie or third party web beacon to collect this information. To learn more about this behavioral advertising practice or to opt-out of this type of advertising, you can visit http://www.networkadvertising.org.