Hello There, Guest! (LoginRegister)

The Announcement
Hiller4Hyz09 Offline
Bronco Addict

I Root For: WMU
The Announcement
OK Bronco Stampede, where were you when Magic made the announcement?

I remember it well. I was pretending to be sick because my parents were at parent-teacher conferences, and I was the class clown. I made sure my grandpa was there for when my mom got home. 03-cloud9

I had an excuse, being 11, but wow, we were in the dark back then.
03-11-2012 09:36 PM
Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
Advertisement

DesertBronco Offline
Banned

I Root For: 9 wins ASAP!!
RE: The Announcement
Teaching at Livonia Bentley. The news broke, asst principle called me out to the hall and told me, I said, "oh Isiah" and we both laughed due to their "childish friendship" that was noteworthy at the time. I felt horrible for saying that after reflecting. MY BAD.

What really struck me is the word he used, "attained". I know it was a flub up, that word was in vogue then (better than "it is what it is" IS, now huh?) but it really stuck with me for some reason.

I remember seeing him in his 10th grade year pulling a Chris Weber at the end of the game against Gajor's Fordson team. I knew he was money, but then, I knew that because everyone was already saying he was.
(This post was last modified: 03-11-2012 10:22 PM by DesertBronco.)
03-11-2012 10:18 PM
Kimbosucks Offline
Heisman

I Root For: WMU/Boat Drinks
I just got out of the shower iin the bronco football locker room and the equipment guys told us. At that time we thought it was a death sentence. Magic will probably out live me.
03-11-2012 10:22 PM
DesertBronco Offline
Banned

I Root For: 9 wins ASAP!!
(03-11-2012 10:22 PM)Kimbosucks Wrote:  I just got out of the shower iin the bronco football locker room and the equipment guys told us. At that time we thought it was a death sentence. Magic will probably out live me.

At the time it was a death sentence.

What is the story with him being so healthy? Is he the RARE guy? Remember, celebs were passing quickly when we found out, Hudson, Mercury, etc.
03-11-2012 10:25 PM
Advertisement

Kimbosucks Offline
Heisman

He is so healthy because of money...
03-12-2012 10:55 AM
EA3 Offline
Heisman

I Root For: WMU
^ this
03-12-2012 10:56 AM
Chipdip Offline
Jersey Retired
Jersey Retired

I Root For:
Rock Hudson had money, didn't help. I suspect Johnson contracted it at a time when the cocktail drugs that we have today were in the experimental stage, and yes, his money got him access to them as they were enormously expensive.
03-12-2012 11:32 AM
Kimbosucks Offline
Heisman

Correct
03-12-2012 11:53 AM

User(s) browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)

Copyright © 2002-2024 Collegiate Sports Nation Bulletin Board System (CSNbbs), All Rights Reserved.
CSNbbs is an independent fan site and is in no way affiliated to the NCAA or any of the schools and conferences it represents.
This site monetizes links. FTC Disclosure.
We allow third-party companies to serve ads and/or collect certain anonymous information when you visit our web site. These companies may use non-personally identifiable information (e.g., click stream information, browser type, time and date, subject of advertisements clicked or scrolled over) during your visits to this and other Web sites in order to provide advertisements about goods and services likely to be of greater interest to you. These companies typically use a cookie or third party web beacon to collect this information. To learn more about this behavioral advertising practice or to opt-out of this type of advertising, you can visit http://www.networkadvertising.org.