Hello There, Guest! (LoginRegister)

Time and Tickets?
Bookmark and Share
BeerCat Offline
Terminally Chill

I Root For: Who's playin uk
Time and Tickets?
When do we figure out the time and where will the UC section be?

Nashville is awesome, can't wait.

03-11-2012 07:36 PM
Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
Advertisement

Billy_Bearcat Offline
Hall of Famer

I Root For: UC Bearcats
Donators
RE: Time and Tickets?
Love Nashville. Easy drive; great city. Hope we get a ton of fans down there. If we could get all those fans to Memphis we should be able to do Nashville. Especially since they are Friday/Sunday games.

03-11-2012 07:40 PM
Bearcat04 Offline
Heisman

I Root For: The CATS
http://www.primesport.com/Event/Details/1183298

It looks like we have the early session. Geez I hope we don't get the earliest tip.

03-11-2012 07:50 PM
BeerCat Offline
Terminally Chill

I Root For: Who's playin uk
I assume UC will sell tickets? How does this work? I am not sitting by any fans of anything from Texas. Maybe you haven't heard, but it's pretty much its own country.

03-11-2012 07:58 PM
eroc Online
Heisman

I Root For: UC, Liverpool
Second game of the early session? 3:00 est start or so?

03-11-2012 08:16 PM
TrevorStreets Offline
1st String

I Root For: The Bearcats
(03-11-2012 07:50 PM)Bearcat04 Wrote:  http://www.primesport.com/Event/Details/1183298

It looks like we have the early session. Geez I hope we don't get the earliest tip.

I wouldn't count on this website as the determining factor in game times. They are speculating. CBS hasn't announced times yet.

If you are on twitter, follow @MarchMadnessTV they will have the info first.

03-11-2012 08:27 PM
Advertisement

TrevorStreets Offline
1st String

Also, UC is very limited in the number of allocated tickets.

However, ticketmaster.com has tickets still available in Nashville. Once game times are announced, but away: http://t.co/WALGrmzK

03-11-2012 08:29 PM
mptnstr@44 Offline
Hall of Famer

I Root For: Nati Bearcats
UC sent out an email about 2 weeks ago to UCats about NCAA tourney tickets. By the way it read if you weren't at least a $4200 a year donor you had no shot at getting second or third round tickets (first round is what was formerly called the play-in games). Unless something changes at UC or you are a big $ donor it sounded like your best shot at getting tickets was not through UC. But buying from anywhere else there is no way to know who you are sitting with.

On the ticketmaster site it showed a lot of upper level tickets available. If we can't get tickets in a UC section through UC maybe we can try and pick a section of the arena and have everyone on this board try and buy in the same section to create our own The Gregory A. Ruehlmann Sr. Memorial Cincinnati Board UC section at the games?

Would anyone be interested in trying to ID a section and all buying tickets in the same section? It wouldn't exclude fans from other teams but we could try and at least create a concetration of UC fans together.

03-11-2012 09:14 PM
Billy_Bearcat Offline
Hall of Famer

Donators
Dammit! First tip on Friday...12:15. Of course X gets a prime time tip.

03-11-2012 09:18 PM
BcatMatt13 Offline
Hall of Famer

UC plays Friday at 12:15 on CBS

03-11-2012 09:18 PM
WarningSigns Offline
Special Teams

I Root For: Cincinnati
If any of you Cinci locals are debating making the trip I highly encourage it. The drive is a cinch and Nashville is a GREAT bar town.

03-11-2012 09:28 PM
Advertisement

SpokaneBearcat Offline
2nd String

I Root For: Bearcats
Where are you seeing the times? I am on the CBS Sports website and can't find them.

03-11-2012 09:29 PM
BearcatDave Offline
All American

I Root For:
This really sucks, because I almost got Friday off, but might client wanted me there next Friday. I switched around my schedule a little bit, but it didn't work to my favor. Maybe I should get the IPAD app and watch at lunch if the public network streams quick enough.

03-11-2012 09:46 PM
mptnstr@44 Offline
Hall of Famer

I Root For: Nati Bearcats
Going to try and go. Was hoping UC'd get a night tip so I'd only have to take a half day off of work.
12:15 blows as it means leaving by 7 a.m. to get down there for the game.

03-11-2012 09:52 PM
Bearcat_Bounce Offline
God Like Summoner

I Root For: Winners
Hopefully a good number of UC fans can show up, I'm finishing up with finals at noon so this works out perfect for me. If it was at night, I could actually go.

03-11-2012 09:54 PM
Billy_Bearcat Offline
Hall of Famer

Donators
(03-11-2012 09:29 PM)SpokaneBearcat Wrote:  Where are you seeing the times? I am on the CBS Sports website and can't find them.

Here ya go Jax: TV schedule

03-11-2012 09:57 PM
Advertisement

ctipton Offline
Jersey Retired
Jersey Retired

I Root For: UC and the Reds

DonatorsDonators
Bearcats to face Texas in Nashville
03/11/12 at 7:03pm by dclark

From University of Cincinnati Sports Communication:

GOING DANCING AGAIN: Men’s Basketball To Face Texas In NCAA Championship

CINCINNATI – The University of Cincinnati men’s basketball team returns to the NCAA Championship for the second straight year with a second round matchup against Texas on Friday March 16 at Bridgestone Arena in Nashville, Tenn. The game time has not been determined.

UC (24-10) is the No. 6 seed while the Big 12 Conference’s Longhorns (20-13) are the No. 11 seed. No. 3 Florida State and No. 14 St. Bonaventure are the other two East Region teams in Nashville.

The Bearcats (24-10) are coming off their runner-up finish in the BIG EAST Conference Tournament where UC played in the tournament championship game for the first time since joining the conference in 2005. The Bearcats rattled off a school-record 12 BIG EAST wins this season and enter NCAA play winners of four of the past five games.

Texas went 20-13 on the season and 8-7 in league play, falling to eventual Big 12 Champion Missouri in the conference tournament semifinals. UT is led by First-Team All-Big 12 selection J’Covan Brown who averages 20.1 ppg and Sheldon McClellan who scores at an 11.3 ppg clip.

The Bearcats and Longhorns have met once on the hardwood, in the 1963 NCAA Championship. UC and Texas squared off for the only time in the NCAA Midwest Regional on March 15, 1963 in Lawrence, Kan. UC earned a 73-68 victory. UC advanced to the Final Four that season, falling to Loyola (Ill.) in the championship game.

The UC Athletics Ticket Office was allocated a very limited number of tickets for the second round games in (location). Based on such limited availability, UCATS Director’s Society members, George Smith Society members and patrons contributing at $4200 and above will receive priority in the allocation process.

Second and third round tickets are $78 apiece for all seats at Bridgestone Arena. All tickets will be available at the will call window at Bridgestone Arena beginning approximately 2 hrs before tipoff. The location will be determined at a later date and will be communicated via e-mail to all patrons who purchase tickets. A photo ID will be required to claim the tickets. Ticket purchase rights are non-transferable.

Tickets for games in Nashville are still available for public purchase by calling 1-877-NCAA-TIX (877-622-2849) or visiting http://www.ticketmaster.com.

UCATS MEMBERS

On Monday, March 12, The University of Cincinnati will continue to accept and finalize NCAA ticket requests from UCATS Director’s Society members, George Smith Society members and patrons contributing at $4200 and above.

Members of the Director’s Society and George Smith Society are eligible for up to four tickets to the second and third-round games. Patrons contributing at $4200 and above are eligible for up to two tickets for the second and third round games. Those eligible UCATS members may request tickets by logging into their account at CATSTIX.com, and clicking “Men’s Basketball Post Season”. All requests must be submitted by 5 p.m. on Monday, March 12.

All other UCATS members can call 513-558-2287 to be placed on a waiting list for tickets that will be allocated in descending priority points order in the event of cancellations. We will attempt to contact you as soon as possible when and if tickets become available.

The credit card that is entered will be charged for the second round game (Thursday/Friday), and provided the Bearcats move on, will then be charged for the third round game (Saturday/Sunday).

STUDENT TICKETS

There will be a lottery for UC student tickets. Current UC students should go to the student ticket page on http://www.CATSTIX.com and login to their account to enter the lottery beginning at 8 a.m. ET on Monday, March 12. Fifty (50) lottery winners and 10 alternates will be contacted via e-mail after 3 p.m. on Monday, March 12. Students will be charged (site price) per ticket.

SECONDARY MARKET

Fans can also visit http://www.TicketCity.com for all of the NCAA Men’s Basketball Championship ticket needs. Ticket City is the official secondary ticket market provider for UC Athletics.

http://news.cincinnati.com/ucblog

(This post was last modified: 03-11-2012 10:16 PM by ctipton.)
03-11-2012 09:59 PM
SpokaneBearcat Offline
2nd String

Thank you thank you.

03-11-2012 10:05 PM
subflea Offline
Jersey Retired
Jersey Retired

I Root For: Free Thinking

DonatorsFolding@NCAAbbsFolding@NCAAbbs
My last final is on Wednesday. I will be heading down for sure.

03-12-2012 12:01 AM
SpokaneBearcat Offline
2nd String

9:15 am for me, which means no work that day. Yee Haw.

03-12-2012 12:40 AM

User(s) browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)

Copyright © 2002-2024 Collegiate Sports Nation Bulletin Board System (CSNbbs), All Rights Reserved.
CSNbbs is an independent fan site and is in no way affiliated to the NCAA or any of the schools and conferences it represents.
This site monetizes links. FTC Disclosure.
We allow third-party companies to serve ads and/or collect certain anonymous information when you visit our web site. These companies may use non-personally identifiable information (e.g., click stream information, browser type, time and date, subject of advertisements clicked or scrolled over) during your visits to this and other Web sites in order to provide advertisements about goods and services likely to be of greater interest to you. These companies typically use a cookie or third party web beacon to collect this information. To learn more about this behavioral advertising practice or to opt-out of this type of advertising, you can visit http://www.networkadvertising.org.