Hello There, Guest! (LoginRegister)

scary movies 2 0f 2
Bookmark and Share
b Away
Greatest of All Time

I Root For: YO MOMMA!!

Donators
scary movies 2 0f 2
Not a huge fan of horror or scary movies so these may be a little lightweight.

The Original Friday the 13th, We had just got cable tv when that came out on HBO and when that kid jumped out of the water at the end, it's still like one of the greatest cinema moment to me.

Jeepers Creepers. Still afraid to watch this movie again. The volume would go up really high when something was about to jump out. So your basically just sitting there bracing yourself for this loud noise.

house of 1000 corpse and the devils rejects. the devils reject is really good but you'd want to see corpse as well.

03-07-2012 03:46 PM
Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
Advertisement

BearChatter v2.0 Offline
Rounding Third and headed...
Jersey Retired

I Root For: Da Bearcats!
RE: scary movies 2 0f 2
The Exorcist
Jaws - "You're gonna need a bigger boat!"
Jeepers Creepers
The Shining
The Mist
The Thing (the original with Kurt Russell)

.....off the top of my head

03-07-2012 04:54 PM
Lush Offline
go to hell and get a job

I Root For: the user
i haven't seen don't be afraid of the dark, but guillermo del toro's films are terrifying, but also endearing. pan's labyrinth was the first i saw. i wasn't sure if i should how i should emote. cry or be touched. the orphanage was wild. kinda like m night shyamalan but twisted and not formulaic.

and i don't do horror.

03-09-2012 02:46 PM
JackieTreehorn Offline
Heisman

I Root For: The Bearcats
At my age I find that most horror movies don't scare me. The real world is a lot scarier. This from someone who couldn't sleep for several nights after seeing the Ghost and Mr. Chicken when he was about 7 years old.
Saw the exorcist in the theatre when I was 12 when it first came out ( a friend's dad took us). Scared the crap out of me.

03-09-2012 02:55 PM
Advertisement

bearcatfan Offline
Hall of Famer

I Root For: The Bearcats!
(03-07-2012 03:46 PM)b Wrote:  The Original Friday the 13th, We had just got cable tv when that came out on HBO and when that kid jumped out of the water at the end, it's still like one of the greatest cinema moment to me.

That's a good one - but the ending that ALWAYS gets me even though I know it's going to happen is from 'Carrie'. The girl screaming, the music, it sends chills down my spine every single time.

03-09-2012 02:56 PM
Lush Offline
go to hell and get a job

I Root For: the user
(03-09-2012 02:55 PM)JackieTreehorn Wrote:  At my age I find that most horror movies don't scare me. The real world is a lot scarier. This from someone who couldn't sleep for several nights after seeing the Ghost and Mr. Chicken when he was about 7 years old.
Saw the exorcist in the theatre when I was 12 when it first came out ( a friend's dad took us). Scared the crap out of me.

doesn't scare ya, cuz you only put on log jammin' after the movie's over, just to get into a real whore flick!

03-09-2012 03:05 PM
Bearcatbdub Offline
Heisman

I Root For: The 'Cats! duh!
The Ring, White Noise

03-09-2012 04:25 PM
Advertisement

beck Offline
All American

I Root For:
Burnt Offerings.

03-09-2012 05:10 PM
DelhiBearcat Offline
1st String

I Root For: Wholesome Chat
(03-07-2012 04:54 PM)BearChatter v2.0 Wrote:  The Thing (the original with Kurt Russell)

That was a remake as well.

03-09-2012 06:36 PM
beck Offline
All American

I Root For:
The original...haha. Delhi, you must tbe an ol boy too..wasn't that James Arness?

03-11-2012 08:50 PM
Advertisement

BearChatter v2.0 Offline
Jersey Retired

I've seen the original "The Thing from Outer Space" with James Arness. Probably scary for it's time. But doesn't match up to Kurt Russell's version.

03-12-2012 11:24 AM
b Away
Greatest of All Time

Donators
There was a movie I saw on tv back in the early 80's or late 70's. It was like a Sunday matinee (remember those?). Anyway, It appeared to be a 'special report", An anchorman behind the desk telling us a nuclear war is starting. Me and my brother were home alone and it scared us to death. I remember running to my parents when they pulled in the driveway. I wish I knew the name of the movie. it seemed so real.

03-12-2012 03:35 PM
BearChatter v2.0 Offline
Jersey Retired

(03-12-2012 03:35 PM)b Wrote:  There was a movie I saw on tv back in the early 80's or late 70's. It was like a Sunday matinee (remember those?). Anyway, It appeared to be a 'special report", An anchorman behind the desk telling us a nuclear war is starting. Me and my brother were home alone and it scared us to death. I remember running to my parents when they pulled in the driveway. I wish I knew the name of the movie. it seemed so real.

That's not "The Day After" is it?

Same thing happened to me. I was about 7 years old and some made for TV movie called "Let's Scare Jessica To Death" about vampires had me covering my eyes.

(This post was last modified: 03-12-2012 03:57 PM by BearChatter v2.0.)
03-12-2012 03:56 PM
b Away
Greatest of All Time

Donators
(03-12-2012 03:56 PM)BearChatter v2.0 Wrote:  
(03-12-2012 03:35 PM)b Wrote:  There was a movie I saw on tv back in the early 80's or late 70's. It was like a Sunday matinee (remember those?). Anyway, It appeared to be a 'special report", An anchorman behind the desk telling us a nuclear war is starting. Me and my brother were home alone and it scared us to death. I remember running to my parents when they pulled in the driveway. I wish I knew the name of the movie. it seemed so real.

That's not "The Day After" is it?

Same thing happened to me. I was about 7 years old and some made for TV movie called "Let's Scare Jessica To Death" about vampires had me covering my eyes.

It was at least 5 years before the day after came out. Not too many things were more scarier then nuclear war in those days. I remember right after we bombed Libya, my history teacher stood at his pdium and told us some grim story of how WWIII was about to start. Being that we were so close to wright patterson afb we were gonna suffer agonizing pain before we died. We were all quiet and scared when he told us that maybe it's not a sure thing and we could relax. As soon as we did the SOB started shooting a cap gun that he had hidden from sight.

Did any of you see Alice sweet alice or happy birthday to me?

03-12-2012 04:34 PM

User(s) browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)

Copyright © 2002-2024 Collegiate Sports Nation Bulletin Board System (CSNbbs), All Rights Reserved.
CSNbbs is an independent fan site and is in no way affiliated to the NCAA or any of the schools and conferences it represents.
This site monetizes links. FTC Disclosure.
We allow third-party companies to serve ads and/or collect certain anonymous information when you visit our web site. These companies may use non-personally identifiable information (e.g., click stream information, browser type, time and date, subject of advertisements clicked or scrolled over) during your visits to this and other Web sites in order to provide advertisements about goods and services likely to be of greater interest to you. These companies typically use a cookie or third party web beacon to collect this information. To learn more about this behavioral advertising practice or to opt-out of this type of advertising, you can visit http://www.networkadvertising.org.