Hello There, Guest! (LoginRegister)

Cuse/UNC/Duke in the ACC This Year
TexanMark Offline
Legend

I Root For: Syracuse
Cuse/UNC/Duke in the ACC This Year
That would make some good BB. I'm sure you guys would already be sick of our northern transplants showing up by the 1000s to some of the traditionally less full arenas.

BTW, if BB was like FB Syracuse would be playing UK in 6 weeks for the championship after 34 other meaningless Arena (Bowl) games were played. Duke and UNC would be playing in Orlando or Miami with no chance of being the champion.
02-26-2012 12:17 PM
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
Advertisement

ClairtonPanther Offline
people need to wake up

I Root For: Pitt/Navy

Donators
RE: Cuse/UNC/Duke in the ACC This Year
Not knocking UNC or Duke, but I'd say Syracuse would win the ACC this year. I could be wrong, but that's my opinion and I'm sticking with it. 03-wink
02-26-2012 08:40 PM
Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
TexanMark Offline
Legend

(02-26-2012 08:40 PM)ClairtonPanther Wrote:  Not knocking UNC or Duke, but I'd say Syracuse would win the ACC this year. I could be wrong, but that's my opinion and I'm sticking with it. 03-wink

I don't disagree....03-lmfao

Cuse has done well against ACC schools the last few years.
02-26-2012 09:55 PM
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
IceJus10 Offline
All American

I Root For: Sports
Probably, but after this 'Cuse will begin to skid... they're saying this is Boeheim's last chance at another National Title and he keeps throwing around mentions of when he retires in his press conferences. Once he's gone, it'll be a program in decline unfortunately. Depending on what year 'Cuse joins the ACC, he could be retired by then.
02-27-2012 12:21 AM
uconnbaseball Offline
Heisman

I Root For: Divorce, Rivals
The Parliament Awards
Why in the world would you believe that? Have you seen Cuse's attendance figures? Their support and passion is amazing.
02-27-2012 01:10 AM
tj_2009 Offline
1st String

(02-27-2012 12:21 AM)IceJus10 Wrote:  Probably, but after this 'Cuse will begin to skid... they're saying this is Boeheim's last chance at another National Title and he keeps throwing around mentions of when he retires in his press conferences. Once he's gone, it'll be a program in decline unfortunately. Depending on what year 'Cuse joins the ACC, he could be retired by then.

I don't think so. I think next year the team will be almost as good as this year's team. There are two heralded recruits coming in plus a redshirt freshman. Recruiting has never been better. Assuming Fab Melo does not declare for the NBA early, next year's team will be very good. There is a coach in waiting in Mike Hopkins. He played for Boeheim and has been coaching for years. He is a good coach and a good recruiter.
02-27-2012 01:16 AM
Advertisement

tj_2009 Offline
1st String

(02-26-2012 12:17 PM)TexanMark Wrote:  That would make some good BB. I'm sure you guys would already be sick of our northern transplants showing up by the 1000s to some of the traditionally less full arenas.

BTW, if BB was like FB Syracuse would be playing UK in 6 weeks for the championship after 34 other meaningless Arena (Bowl) games were played. Duke and UNC would be playing in Orlando or Miami with no chance of being the champion.

I think the ACC fans will get irritated by having too many Syracuse fans at their arenas when Syracuse comes to play them, although on the other hand the school's administration will be happy to gain the extra revenue from the increased fan turnout.
02-27-2012 01:19 AM
TexanMark Offline
Legend

(02-27-2012 12:21 AM)IceJus10 Wrote:  Probably, but after this 'Cuse will begin to skid... they're saying this is Boeheim's last chance at another National Title and he keeps throwing around mentions of when he retires in his press conferences. Once he's gone, it'll be a program in decline unfortunately. Depending on what year 'Cuse joins the ACC, he could be retired by then.

Being from Syracuse originally you ought to remember that Mike Hopkins is "Coach in Waiting". While that doesn't guarantee automatic success he is a proven recruiter, has great interpersonal skills and should be able to keep the staff in tact. He is dialed into all the high school coaches along the east coast. As someone else said Cuse is Basketball Royalty and won't take more than a few years of underacheiving.
02-27-2012 08:59 AM
TexanMark Offline
Legend

(02-27-2012 01:19 AM)tj_2009 Wrote:  
(02-26-2012 12:17 PM)TexanMark Wrote:  That would make some good BB. I'm sure you guys would already be sick of our northern transplants showing up by the 1000s to some of the traditionally less full arenas.

I think the ACC fans will get irritated by having too many Syracuse fans at their arenas when Syracuse comes to play them, although on the other hand the school's administration will be happy to gain the extra revenue from the increased fan turnout.

Well it is only going to happen in arenas where there are available seats. I don't see use getting into UNC and Duke in large numbers. Unfortunately GTech is moving into a smaller on campus facility...too bad as Cuse would've packed their existing downtown arena.
02-27-2012 09:02 AM
snowycuse Offline
Special Teams

Tough to decline with great facilities and a top-two fan base.
02-27-2012 02:19 PM
zibby Offline
All American

I Root For:

03-lmfao 03-lmfao 03-lmfao

I love how all of a sudden Boeheim has become this coaching savant. Not long ago he was a guy who couldn't coach and just "rolled the ball out" for the players. Now all of a sudden he's a genius and when he retires SU will turn into Colgate.
02-27-2012 04:47 PM
Advertisement

IceJus10 Offline
All American

(02-27-2012 01:16 AM)tj_2009 Wrote:  I don't think so. I think next year the team will be almost as good as this year's team. There are two heralded recruits coming in plus a redshirt freshman. Recruiting has never been better. Assuming Fab Melo does not declare for the NBA early, next year's team will be very good. There is a coach in waiting in Mike Hopkins. He played for Boeheim and has been coaching for years. He is a good coach and a good recruiter.

I'm well aware of the preordained coach Mike, but he's also recruiting in metro New York, Jersey, and Philly areas selling come play for the National Champion winning and Hall of Fame bound Coach Boeheim, and come play at the Big East Tournament at Madison Square Garden. In a couple years he won't have either to sell. Just COLD 'Cuse winters and long trips to the ACC schools most kids in the North grow up hating!

(02-27-2012 04:47 PM)zibby Wrote:  03-lmfao 03-lmfao 03-lmfao

I love how all of a sudden Boeheim has become this coaching savant. Not long ago he was a guy who couldn't coach and just "rolled the ball out" for the players. Now all of a sudden he's a genius and when he retires SU will turn into Colgate.

It's amazing what winning a championship in 2003 can do for your career and the 'Cuse program in general the last few years.

As for their decline, I didn't say Colgate, you said that -- I don't think they'll be terrible, they just won't be national championship material for a few years once Boeheim leaves.
(This post was last modified: 02-28-2012 04:52 AM by IceJus10.)
02-28-2012 04:50 AM
Wolfman Online
All American

I Root For: The Cartel
WOW! You guys are going to fit right in with the bluebloods!

PS: if Syracuse were to turn into a tooth paste I see them as more of a Crest than a Colgate. Just my opinion though...02-13-banana
02-28-2012 12:51 PM
TexanMark Offline
Legend

(02-28-2012 12:51 PM)Wolfman Wrote:  WOW! You guys are going to fit right in with the bluebloods!

PS: if Syracuse were to turn into a tooth paste I see them as more of a Crest than a Colgate. Just my opinion though...02-13-banana

I think Cuse fans are closer to UK fans than UNC fans (save for the whole missing half your teeth thing). I see the NCSt fans already have a healthy dislike for us..calling us alsmost as bad as Maryland Fans. 03-lmfao
(This post was last modified: 02-28-2012 01:51 PM by TexanMark.)
02-28-2012 01:50 PM
Wolfman Online
All American

I Root For: The Cartel
(02-28-2012 01:50 PM)TexanMark Wrote:  
(02-28-2012 12:51 PM)Wolfman Wrote:  WOW! You guys are going to fit right in with the bluebloods!

I think Cuse fans are closer to UK fans than UNC fans (save for the whole missing half your teeth thing). I see the NCSt fans already have a healthy dislike for us..calling us alsmost as bad as Maryland Fans. 03-lmfao

They are not missing. They are in a glass on the kitchen counter. 03-lmfao
02-28-2012 07:45 PM
IceJus10 Offline
All American

LOL I was going to make that teeth out comment... don't we love the aging!
02-28-2012 08:31 PM
Advertisement

OrangeCrush22 Offline
Heisman

I still maintain that Hopkins will be just as good, if not better, than Boeheim. Hopkins has coached too much talent, along with Boeheim, not too know what he's doing.
02-28-2012 09:32 PM
ClairtonPanther Offline
people need to wake up

I Root For: Pitt/Navy

Donators
(02-28-2012 09:32 PM)OrangeCrush22 Wrote:  I still maintain that Hopkins will be just as good, if not better, than Boeheim. Hopkins has coached too much talent, along with Boeheim, not too know what he's doing.

Sometimes the student is becomes better than the teacher, and sometimes the student doesn't come close. Only time will tell if Hopkins will be the former or latter. 03-wink
02-28-2012 09:35 PM
IceJus10 Offline
All American

Exactly... sports have seen plenty of great coaching wingmen go on to be a bust when they come up to bat... for us to say anything we're sure of!
02-28-2012 11:21 PM
cuseroc Offline
Super Moderator

Donators
(02-28-2012 11:21 PM)IceJus10 Wrote:  Exactly... sports have seen plenty of great coaching wingmen go on to be a bust when they come up to bat... for us to say anything we're sure of!

Then why did you make this ridiculous post:

Probably, but after this 'Cuse will begin to skid... they're saying this is Boeheim's last chance at another National Title and he keeps throwing around mentions of when he retires in his press conferences. Once he's gone, it'll be a program in decline unfortunately. Depending on what year 'Cuse joins the ACC, he could be retired by then.

How can you be so sure of this?
02-29-2012 10:01 AM

User(s) browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)

Copyright © 2002-2024 Collegiate Sports Nation Bulletin Board System (CSNbbs), All Rights Reserved.
CSNbbs is an independent fan site and is in no way affiliated to the NCAA or any of the schools and conferences it represents.
This site monetizes links. FTC Disclosure.
We allow third-party companies to serve ads and/or collect certain anonymous information when you visit our web site. These companies may use non-personally identifiable information (e.g., click stream information, browser type, time and date, subject of advertisements clicked or scrolled over) during your visits to this and other Web sites in order to provide advertisements about goods and services likely to be of greater interest to you. These companies typically use a cookie or third party web beacon to collect this information. To learn more about this behavioral advertising practice or to opt-out of this type of advertising, you can visit http://www.networkadvertising.org.