Hello There, Guest! (LoginRegister)

Thread Closed 
Why is TopCoog not banned?
nflsucks Offline
Special Teams

I Root For:

I realize that most of the time people find amusement in his hypocrisy and stubbornness, but as of late he's just down right trolling and derailing what could be informative, useful threads.

We have a board just for trash talking, it would seem to me that you would use that board if you only wanted to speak negatively about the Big East. Why don't you use that board, TopCoog?
12-15-2004 04:11 PM
Find all posts by this user
Advertisement

Maize Offline
Hall of Famer

I Root For: Athletes First

I am done responding to him because he is not even rational anymore. I stated in a thread on the C-USA board that as long as the Big East meets the standards of inclusion of the BCS we will keep our bid. This is his very strange and rambling response.
______________________________________________________________________________________________________
"you are wrong about that...metting the standards will not keep you in. This is not a welfare program and they won't be able to keep you witout adding others, besides how are you going to meet the standard with all those two star (2.5 avg) recruits. Quit spinning Maize...just makes you look silly. you just got a short stay of execution...the media guys are lauging at the big East everytime the subject comes up.
Trev Alberts on gameday..."no doubt something will have to be done about the Big east."
Its over....the league is weak from top to bottom.
_______________________________________________________________________________________________________

The man brought up Trev Alberts who has no say with the BCS. What is even more funny is that Alberts has been a huge Louisville pimp and has stated that Louisville in the Big East really will help the Big East keep it BCS status.

What is even funnier is that since we have reach his so-called Top 10 ranking that he threw around all summer he is on the recruiting kick. Our recruiting is going fine and as long as they perform on campus I could really care less what they were ranked when they came out of HS. If they perform like Stefan LeFors, J.R. Russell and All American Travis Leffew-(All 1 or 2 Star HS players) then I could care less.

I guess when we land James McKinney, Earl Heyman, Brian Roche-(Sorry Rutgers fans), Nam Nyang or Brandon Deaderick and maybe a Brian Cushing then he would say they are overrated. BTW every player I listed above is a 4 star recruit or above or a member of the Scout.com Army All American Team. We are in the Top 2-3 of each of these players. I also understand recruiting is going very well at UConn and WVU as well.
12-16-2004 01:38 AM
WacoBearcat Away
Heisman

I Root For: UC

Ban him, as well as other posters, who simply want to flame about the Big East.
12-16-2004 08:21 AM
oldtiger Away
Forgiven Through Jesus' Grace

I Root For: Memphis

DonatorsBlazerTalk AwardMemphis Hall of Fame

So, if you banned him from here, would that include the CUSA board also? lol
12-16-2004 08:40 AM
WacoBearcat Away
Heisman

I Root For: UC

OldTiger,

I think if the intent of a poster is to simply flame, then Big East fans who simply want to punk C-USA need to stay away from the C-USA board, and vica-versa. Thats just my opinion.
12-16-2004 09:26 AM
TopCoog Offline
Heisman

I Root For:

there are no flames or dissing coming from here. You just don't like the point of view, it doesn't agree with all the fantsies that have been created here.
12-16-2004 10:46 AM
Advertisement

mlb Offline
O' Great One

I Root For: Cincinnati
Donators

Your point of view is totally based on opinion that you know will piss people off here. That is why you continue to come over here and spew your crap. The only facts anybody knows is that the Big East has a BCS bid this year, and that the Big East will have a BCS bid next year. Why can't you just leave it at that instead of continually coming over here talking about the end of Big East football as a whole?

Go back to your CUSA board, talk about how great the NCUSA will be, and leave us alone over here.

And any of the Big East guys, just let it go! Their fans are obviously pissed off about being left out of the Big East (or at least being left behind by the schools leaving) so just ignore them! You can defend the league and show proof that the BCS auto-bid isn't being pulled, but they will continue to fight you over it and say it is going away. It isn't worth the time and effort to continually argue with them or for them to argue with you.
12-16-2004 11:08 AM
L-yes Offline
Heisman

I Root For:

WacoBearcat Wrote:OldTiger,

I think if the intent of a poster is to simply flame, then Big East fans who simply want to punk C-USA need to stay away from the C-USA board, and vica-versa. Thats just my opinion.
I think oldtiger just wants him banned over there as well. He is unwanted on both boards.
12-16-2004 11:25 AM
TopCoog Offline
Heisman

I Root For:

If we agreed with the little click over here you would love us. The fack that you are too small to tolerate another point of view is another example of arrogance.
12-16-2004 11:28 AM
mlb Offline
O' Great One

Donators

It has nothing to do at this point with your point of view. You have been going on about this for months now, and it has gotten old. We know your point of view, you know our point of view. Why do you have to continually try to rehash the same argument? You have no facts, you have opinions of yourself and others. The only facts are that the Big East currently has a BCS bid and as of the moment is not in danger of losing it.
12-16-2004 11:38 AM
TopCoog Offline
Heisman

I Root For:

Do you not rehash the same points over and over? What is the difference? The difference is that you don't like views that you disagree with, period. What you want is a small group of people who post in lock step with each other and parrot the same views. If that is what you end up with why have a board at all? Pure ego and vanity, that is what its really all about...right.
12-16-2004 11:42 AM
Advertisement

L-yes Offline
Heisman

I Root For:

TopCoog Wrote:Do you not rehash the same points over and over? What is the difference? The difference is that you don't like views that you disagree with, period. What you want is a small group of people who post in lock step with each other and parrot the same views. If that is what you end up with why have a board at all? Pure ego and vanity, that is what its really all about...right.
You add nothing to any conversation boob. All you do is drone on and on in an incoherent rant, based on some alternate reality that exists solely in your noggin. You are obviously starting to annoy others but personally I get a kick out of reading your detached and inane babble. It’s a real hoot!
12-16-2004 11:52 AM
TopCoog Offline
Heisman

I Root For:

What i do L is disagree with you.....and in every case I have been proven correct.
12-16-2004 12:01 PM
L-yes Offline
Heisman

I Root For:

TopCoog Wrote:What i do L is disagree with you.....and in every case I have been proven correct.
:laugh: :wave:
12-16-2004 12:15 PM
Brick City Pirate Offline
All American

I Root For:

I disagree with some of the things TopCoog says, but I don't have a problem with him posting on this or any board. L-Yes is a lot more arrogant & derogatory with many of his postings. Before anyone rushes to his defense, my guess is that if he had his way, he would give several of his fellow Big East schools the Temple treatment.
12-16-2004 12:20 PM
mlb Offline
O' Great One

Donators

TopCoog Wrote:Do you not rehash the same points over and over? What is the difference? The difference is that you don't like views that you disagree with, period. What you want is a small group of people who post in lock step with each other and parrot the same views. If that is what you end up with why have a board at all? Pure ego and vanity, that is what its really all about...right.
You cannot be this dumb, coog. I have been reading your stuff, and the Big East guys stuff for months now. Neither side adds anything to the argument any more. There is no proof that the BCS is dumping the Big East, so there is nothing to argue about any more. I have no problem with you coming over when you have some sort of fact to back it up, but all you give is hearsay and personal opinion. Trev Alberts does not decide who is in the BCS, the current members do.

This has nothing to do with my "ego", as I have not been overly impressed with the BCS and Big East football in general. When you have an equation that decides who the top 2 teams are and puts them against each other is a biased system one way or another. Last year it was an issue with the computers having too much power, this year it is an issue with too many undefeated teams. It is a flawed system and there needs to be a playoff. I don't think anybody disagrees over this except for the college presidents who want to hold the power (and money) in the BCS. Removing the Big East does not fix this problem, yet you seem to think it does. All it does is open up another "at-large" spot in the bowl system, but does not fix the inherent flaw.

In the end, if you truly believe the Big East needs to lose their bid this year, then so does the Big 10. Michigan is also not in the top 8 teams either. The highest ranked team from the Big 10 is no. 11, Iowa. At the start of the football season next year, the Big East will have the previous years no. 10 team, ahead of the Big 10 and their no. 11 ranking.

You can waste your time arguing with people about how the Big East needs to lose its auto-bid, or you can write emails to the BCS leaders, the college presidents, and the networks (ABC and Fox) and tell them how you think the system sucks and that they need a playoff system. Coming and arguing to us about this is pointless and stupid at this point. All it does is show that you want to fight and argue on the BIG EAST board (and try to belittle the Big East), but not fix the real problem with the BCS. If Houston ever wants a real chance to make it to a BCS game, then they need to have a playoff. Under the current system, Houston has damn near no chance to make it, just like Louisville didn't this year.
12-16-2004 12:35 PM
Advertisement

TopCoog Offline
Heisman

I Root For:

so its OK for you to say over and over that something is going to happen and me to take a position that it is not....this is vewry muddled thinking.
1. I said that a MAC team would not be admitted to CUSA...they were no.
2. I said that the BE champ would play the non auto bid team...they are.
3. I said your football contract would be reduced...it is.
4. I said the Big East would not be able to hold their major bowls without Miami and the others...that is in the news now.
5. I told you from an advertising perspective why these things were going to happen. By this time you know I am correct, you just don't like a contrary view point.
12-16-2004 12:43 PM
mlb Offline
O' Great One

Donators

TopCoog Wrote:so its OK for you to say over and over that something is going to happen and me to take a position that it is not....this is vewry muddled thinking.
1. I said that a MAC team would not be admitted to CUSA...they were no.
2. I said that the BE champ would play the non auto bid team...they are.
3. I said your football contract would be reduced...it is.
4. I said the Big East would not be able to hold their major bowls without Miami and the others...that is in the news now.
5. I told you from an advertising perspective why these things were going to happen. By this time you know I am correct, you just don't like a contrary view point.
You obviously don't understand what I am saying.

WE UNDERSTAND YOUR VIEWPOINT ALREADY!
YOU COULD NOT MAKE IT ANY MORE CLEAR!
SO DROP THE WHOLE DAMN ARGUMENT!

Most of your point are no brainers anyways. Without Miami or VT, of course the Big East football package would lose some value. But the basketball package will surely pick up on their end, probably making it very close to a wash. Your 1st point makes no sense, you contradict yourself on it. The 2nd point was also pretty obvious, but it is nice how you can pat yourself on your back for it. The 3rd I already covered. The 4th has not happened, and they have added a new bowl now that will probably be in a 2nd tier bowl, just like the Gator Bowl. Advertisers and TV networks are still paying huge money to be on during the BCS bowl games, so obviously they are not too pissed off about the current situation. They just want people to watch the games, and they'll be happy.

But, since you are a genious in your own mind I guess I should annoint you as king ego after this post. I cannot believe you had the nerve to say I have an ego after patting yourself on the back with totally obvious observations.

I have my own list for you:

1. The year 2005 will start on January 1st.
2. San Francisco 49ers will not go to the superbowl this year.
3. Major League Baseball will not have a team in Montreal come opening day next year.
4. George W. Bush will not run for re-election in 2008.
5. MAC OS and Linux will not take over the majority marketshare over Microsoft in the next year.

Damn, I'm a genious! Everything I said will come true, I can guarantee it.
12-16-2004 01:00 PM
TopCoog Offline
Heisman

I Root For:

Just a disgusting displace of childish arrogance. Everone understands your arugments as well Bird so why continue to post. The point is that if you cannot tolerate posts that don't agree with you it shows extreme insecurity. If I agreed with you on all these issues you would think I was a great gyuy...lets admit that you have a little emotional problem, if you can't be right about everything you get upset.
12-16-2004 01:57 PM
Maize Offline
Hall of Famer

I Root For: Athletes First

Anyone who disagrees with someone who offers no proof is arrogant. That is sweet. :rolleyes:
12-16-2004 02:32 PM
Thread Closed 

User(s) browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)

Copyright © 2002-2024 Collegiate Sports Nation Bulletin Board System (CSNbbs), All Rights Reserved.
CSNbbs is an independent fan site and is in no way affiliated to the NCAA or any of the schools and conferences it represents.
This site monetizes links. FTC Disclosure.
We allow third-party companies to serve ads and/or collect certain anonymous information when you visit our web site. These companies may use non-personally identifiable information (e.g., click stream information, browser type, time and date, subject of advertisements clicked or scrolled over) during your visits to this and other Web sites in order to provide advertisements about goods and services likely to be of greater interest to you. These companies typically use a cookie or third party web beacon to collect this information. To learn more about this behavioral advertising practice or to opt-out of this type of advertising, you can visit http://www.networkadvertising.org.