Hello There, Guest! (LoginRegister)

Thread Closed 
Fresno State 37 Virginia 34 in OT
Cat's_Claw Offline
All American

I Root For:

If Georgia Tech beating Syracuse proved ACC superiority, does the WAC's #3 (tied) team Fresno State beating the ACC's #4 team Virginia prove the WAC's superiority over the ACC? 03-wink
12-27-2004 06:52 PM
Find all posts by this user
Advertisement

ULCARDINALS Offline
1st String

I Root For:

RING RING RING....

Calling Georgia Tech Swagger.

Just kidding.

04-cheers
12-27-2004 07:10 PM
mlb Offline
O' Great One

I Root For: Cincinnati
Donators

Just to keep the facts straight... Fresno State should not have won that game. Their receiver was out of bounds and came back in to catch the game winning TD.
12-27-2004 07:23 PM
Ring of Black Offline
Official Person to Blame

I Root For: Cincy Bearcats

Let's not ignore Syracuse. I hope they are willing to make this coaching change. Syracuse is one of the historic programs the league likes to hang its hat on, and, with 12-11 over the last two seasons, they're not quite cutting it under PP.
12-27-2004 10:42 PM
georgia_tech_swagger Offline
Res publica non dominetur

I Root For: GT, USCU, FU, WYO

SkunkworksFolding@NCAAbbsNCAAbbs LUGCrappies

Raise your hand if you think Virginia was even remotely excited to be in Boise, Idaho to play... .. anyone? Bueller? :)

Georgia Tech should have played out there (would have been their 4th straight bowl west of the Mississippi ... *shudder*), but UVA couldn't play in the Champs Sports Bowl because they had an exam conflict. Needless to say GT fans were elated to be somewhere warm, and handed the CSB its largest attendance in some time.

Fresno State beat an equally unexcited GT team in another BAD bowl... the Silicon Valley Classic. They make a living off picking off "BCS schools" who aren't on their toes or excited. Exceptions go to the year Carr was a Senior.

MPC Computers Bowl wouldn't be so horrible... IF it had a better conference affiliation. ACC has no buisness sending anybody out there ... or any of their other past YUCK bids like the Seattle Bowl and Silicon Valley Classic. (Unless we're talking the Rose Bowl).
12-29-2004 11:38 PM
Advertisement

Cat's_Claw Offline
All American

I Root For:

By the way, thanks again to the ACC for the helping the Big East! First they institute the interconference rankings, allowing the Big East to count Louisville's ranking towards the conference, now they pound on the Big East's 4th place team forcing them to fire a coach that wasn't getting the job now. Now Syracuse will be able to hire a top-flight coach that will be able to take advantage of Syracuse solid history and make them a player on the national scene, a Top 25 program. It took losing to a mediocre Georgia Tech squad for them to upgrade the coaching and that is GREAT news for the Big East. Syracuse is a national name, if they are getting top flight recruits and are in the Top 25 it's MAJOR pub for the conference! Takes Georgia Tech! Thanks ACC!!! 04-cheers 04-cheers
12-30-2004 07:59 PM

That was some really bizarre logic... but Syracuse was Big East co-champs... not #4.

Also, GT is a good QB away from a Top 15 team.... we are REALLY good except for QB, where Ball has been at times the most AWFUL and dimwitted QB in the nation. Ball played his best game of the year vs. Cuse and we destroyed them. If Ball played like he did vs. UVA, Miami, or the end of UGA .... Cuse would have been close and maybe won.
12-30-2004 09:56 PM
Cat's_Claw Offline
All American

I Root For:

Georgia Tech finishing 6th in the ACC and beating Syracuse is embarrassing enough for Syracuse to change coaches. ACC people can act like Syracuse was #1 in the Big East but if they were #1 then they would have been in a better bowl then Pitt, West Virginia and Boston College. They weren't. Syracuse is a program that should be a national name and the new AD will see to that. Thanks to Georgia Tech! 04-cheers

Best of all, the Big East won't have to worry about the rankings for the next 5 years. The ACC will try to take credit but the ACC actually did it to try to protect themselves. Their BCS rankings were in danger, their champions were averaging 11.8 a season. The Big East's 5. The ACC did the Big East a favor by accident and really didn't do themselves any favor. Just like Louisville helped bail out the Big East, Virginia Tech, a school many ACC fans and programs didn't want, bailed them out, so things even out! 03-wink 04-drinky

On a side note, the ACC's 6th place team beating the Big East's 4th place team (and actually 5th place team if you go by records) doesn't make the ACC the best. And, most of all, while Georgia Tech fans are celebrating the win, Syracuse is trying to make themselves better! :D
12-31-2004 11:43 AM
SF Husky Offline
Hall of Famer

I Root For: UCONN

What are you smoking? ACC weed?

Syracuse was a very medicore team in the BE this year. Syracuse sucked badly outside the dome other than the BC game. They are 4th team in the BE at best. I really think UCONN would have beaten them if the game was on a neutral site or at CT. Same can be said for PITT. CUSE was fighting to be bowl eligible the last game against BC.

Did you watch the UVA vs. Fresno State game? You are making excuses for those jokeres? Fresno St played very well and I picked them to win from the start. Obviously you guys dont watch any west coast games, cause Fresno probably beat UVA 6 out 10 times. If it weren't for UVA QB's scramble ability, UVA would lose huge. Also there were number of bad pass interference calls against Fresno that gave UVA scoring opportunities.

ACC is getting their asses handed to them in the bowl games. BC (3rd team in the BE) beat UNC at their home by a huge margin. Highly ranked Virginia got beat by Fresno. If Miami and Va. Tech both loses, ACC will be 1-4 in bowl games with lone victory of GT over CUSE.

And you want to take away BE's BCS bid? The BCS committee needs to look at ACC and take away their auto bid. ACC is so overrated it is not even funny.

This also applies to basketball too. Last night the projected last place St Johns, playing with 4 freshmen, 8 scholarship players and a walk on, beat #15 ranked NCST from the mightly ACC. ACC has not play anyone yet and the media is praising them like they are the best. Thank god basketball is settled on the court vs. in the media.

ACC blows.
12-31-2004 12:52 PM
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
Advertisement

SF Husky ... you are already defrauded as Miami destroyed Florida.

Cats... GT was celebrating the win... well DUH. Every team celebrates a bowl win. Are you seriously suggesting somebody shouldn't celebrate a bowl win.. ? Syracuse was Big East co-champs... that's #1 .. they'll be receiving conference championship rings just like every co-champ does. Co-champs.... co #1 ... tied for first. You can argue with a dictionary, but you will not do very well if you do.

GT would have been tied for #2 in the ACC if they held on against Virginia Tech in Atlanta, so don't be so easily persuaded by blindly looking at our record and conference finish. Anybody that watched GT play when Ball had a good game could clearly see that we were (and still are until we see what happens next season) one good QB short of a Top 15 team. Our defense allowed under 150 total yds over two weeks at one point.
01-01-2005 12:58 AM
L-yes Offline
Heisman

I Root For:

georgia_tech_swagger Wrote:SF Husky ... you are already defrauded as Miami destroyed Florida.

Cats... GT was celebrating the win... well DUH. Every team celebrates a bowl win. Are you seriously suggesting somebody shouldn't celebrate a bowl win.. ? Syracuse was Big East co-champs... that's #1 .. they'll be receiving conference championship rings just like every co-champ does. Co-champs.... co #1 ... tied for first. You can argue with a dictionary, but you will not do very well if you do.

GT would have been tied for #2 in the ACC if they held on against Virginia Tech in Atlanta, so don't be so easily persuaded by blindly looking at our record and conference finish. Anybody that watched GT play when Ball had a good game could clearly see that we were (and still are until we see what happens next season) one good QB short of a Top 15 team. Our defense allowed under 150 total yds over two weeks at one point.
Jeeze! Congrats on your '6-5 clash of the titans' bowl win. Move on with your life! All these if's and buts are making my head spin! "If we didn't get dominated by UNC, if we could have held on against Va Tech blah, blah..." Your season is over and you won a meaningless bowl against a team that fired its coach. So what if "technically" SU was co-champs? They still sucked. To borrow some terminology from a certain motivational speaker: la de freaking DA!!
01-01-2005 01:27 AM

L-yes Wrote:So what if "technically" SU was co-champs? They still sucked.
Thank you for essentially proving my point... and handing over the ESPN Bowl Cup Trophy (again) to the ACC on a silver platter with your dismissal of Boise State. 04-bow 04-cheers
01-01-2005 04:06 AM
L-yes Offline
Heisman

I Root For:

georgia_tech_swagger Wrote:
L-yes Wrote:So what if "technically" SU was co-champs?  They still sucked.
Thank you for essentially proving my point... and handing over the ESPN Bowl Cup Trophy (again) to the ACC on a silver platter with your dismissal of Boise State. 04-bow 04-cheers
BC got drubbed by Syracuse, then BC goes on to beat UNC in the tire bowl, a UNC program that thrashed Georgia Tech in the Regular season. Your game was meaningless is my point. A bunch of mediocre teams beat each other. Yee haw! Anyone who suggests that SU was the class of the Big East or the New Big East for that matter needs their head examined.
01-01-2005 10:22 AM
Advertisement

L-yes Wrote:
georgia_tech_swagger Wrote:
L-yes Wrote:So what if "technically" SU was co-champs?  They still sucked.
BC got drubbed by Syracuse, then BC goes on to beat UNC in the tire bowl, a UNC program that thrashed Georgia Tech in the Regular season. Your game was meaningless is my point. A bunch of mediocre teams beat each other. Yee haw! Anyone who suggests that SU was the class of the Big East or the New Big East for that matter needs their head examined.
The transitive property doesn't apply... I hope that's something I actually don't need to argue about.

Syracuse was co-champs.... There is no other way to interpret that than they were reasonably close to being the best in the league.
01-01-2005 01:38 PM
CollegeCard Offline
Hall of Famer

I Root For: UofL

georgia_tech_swagger Wrote:Also, GT is a good QB away from a Top 15 team.... we are REALLY good except for QB, where Ball has been at times the most AWFUL and dimwitted QB in the nation. Ball played his best game of the year vs. Cuse and we destroyed them. If Ball played like he did vs. UVA, Miami, or the end of UGA .... Cuse would have been close and maybe won.
UCF was a few good players away from 11-0 as well. Woulda, coulda, shoulda, it doesn't matter. Who cares where your team supposedly would have been if they had better players. That argument is worthless.

Going off the two common opponents of UofL and G Tech this year and what happened in those 4 games consider me unimpressed.
01-01-2005 03:13 PM

CollegeCard Wrote:UCF was a few good players away from 11-0 as well.
You CAN'T be serious...

I really wish GOL well... but I know firsthand what he does when he gains control of a program.. and that's gut those that don't jive with his strict rigor and rules... where ever he coaches will be DOWN for two years. Period. Happened at Tech, will happen at UCF.
01-01-2005 05:48 PM
SF Husky Offline
Hall of Famer

I Root For: UCONN

What is your issue with Syracuse being a great team in the BE? They sucked and their team has been in a down spiral for a long, long time now. Give me a break, this is the same team that lost to TEMPLE. TEMPLE for god's sake. Syracuse sucked badly this season. Thats why their coach is fired. In fact, I am still pissed how UCONN lost to them in the dome. I think they have a good shot of beating GT in the dome too.

Regardless of what people have said, BE is a pretty damn good conference. Many people predicted 0-5 finish for BE in the bowl games. Well so far, here it is:

UCONN beat Mac champ
Cuse lose to GT
WVA just lost to FSU in a FSU home game. It was a tough game and fairly even matched except WVA killed themselves with mistakes after mistakes.
BC beat UNC at a UNC home game
PITT will play UTAH tonight

It looks like BE might got at worst 2-3 or at best 3-2. With UL and CINCY add in, our bowl record is at worst 4-3 and at best 5-2.

5-2 is awesome for any conference. I am pretty confident UL would beat ANY ACC team this year in a bowl game.

Miami beat FLA. So what? They were suppose to win. FLA sucked this year except for few upsets. This is the FLA team that lost to MSU or did you forget already?
01-01-2005 06:44 PM
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
Thread Closed 

User(s) browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)

Copyright © 2002-2024 Collegiate Sports Nation Bulletin Board System (CSNbbs), All Rights Reserved.
CSNbbs is an independent fan site and is in no way affiliated to the NCAA or any of the schools and conferences it represents.
This site monetizes links. FTC Disclosure.
We allow third-party companies to serve ads and/or collect certain anonymous information when you visit our web site. These companies may use non-personally identifiable information (e.g., click stream information, browser type, time and date, subject of advertisements clicked or scrolled over) during your visits to this and other Web sites in order to provide advertisements about goods and services likely to be of greater interest to you. These companies typically use a cookie or third party web beacon to collect this information. To learn more about this behavioral advertising practice or to opt-out of this type of advertising, you can visit http://www.networkadvertising.org.