Hello There, Guest! (LoginRegister)

PSR: MAC the Best QB League in the F.B.S.?
Bookmark and Share
Howl-n-Prowl Away
Three SDs above the mean

I Root For: Los NIU Huskies
PSR: MAC the Best QB League in the F.B.S.?
http://www.presnapread.com/is-the-mac-th...-in-f-b-s/

Quote:This year’s haul, the MAC’s 14-strong crop of starting quarterbacks, may be the league’s best since Roethlisberger’s senior season in 2003. When it comes to 2012, the MAC may have the best group of starters in the entire F.B.S. – better than the Big Ten, Big 12 and SEC. Perhaps not in terms of overall talent, but certainly in terms of experience and proven talent. It’s in the latter categories that the MAC stands above the rest of the country.
02-06-2012 11:10 PM
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
Advertisement

JHG722 Offline
Hall of Famer

I Root For: Temple
RE: PSR: MAC the Best QB League in the F.B.S.?
Keep crapping on Coyer, Paul...
02-07-2012 03:00 AM
Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
SVHerd Offline
All American

I Root For:
The MAC has always had good QB's. Pennington, Leftwich, Big Ben, Gradkowski, Jacobs, Frye, - the list goes on. Tettleton is outstanding, as was Harnish. Its always been an excellent QB league
02-07-2012 08:14 AM
BullBoy Offline
1st String

I Root For: Buffalo
Add Drew Willy to that list.. He has spent time in the NFL on training camps and practice squads.. I know not as good as some of those other names, but another solid QB that the MAC helped produce.
02-07-2012 10:46 AM
Advertisement

axeme Offline
Sage

I Root For: hoops

Folding@NCAAbbsDonatorsCrappiesCrappiesCrappiesCrappiesCrappies
Also Josh Cribbs--never a prototypical QB by any means, but almost always the best football player on the field.
02-07-2012 10:53 AM
FORT MEIGS ROCKET Offline
Special Teams

I Root For: UT BLUE & GOLD
Charlie Batch(EMU), Nate Davis(BSU), Josh Harris(BG), Dan Lefevre(CMU), and Julian Edelman(Kent State) were not too shabby...
(This post was last modified: 02-07-2012 02:55 PM by FORT MEIGS ROCKET.)
02-07-2012 10:54 AM
CMUprof Offline
1st String

I Root For: CMU
(02-07-2012 03:00 AM)JHG722 Wrote:  Keep crapping on Coyer, Paul...

When Coyer shows he can throw spirals and not over/underthrow his receivers he will earn a higher rating. He is run first (a very good runner) but hasn't had a chance to show what he can do. This year should show a lot.
02-07-2012 10:54 AM
Advertisement

huskiebob Offline
Heisman

I Root For: NIU Huskies

Donators
(02-07-2012 10:54 AM)CMUprof Wrote:  

When Coyer shows he can throw spirals and not over/underthrow his receivers he will earn a higher rating. He is run first (a very good runner) but hasn't had a chance to show what he can do. This year should show a lot.

Get back to us when Coyer (and Temple) actually win a MACC. Oh wait, I forgot, Temple has never even made it to a MACC!

03-lmfao
02-07-2012 01:50 PM
axeme Offline
Sage

Making it to a MACC is a prerequisite to be considered a top MAC QB? Granted that Coyer has not proven much yet, but it's not because he hasn't played in a MACC yet.
02-07-2012 01:56 PM
huskiebob Offline
Heisman

Donators
(02-07-2012 01:56 PM)axeme Wrote:  Making it to a MACC is a prerequisite to be considered a top MAC QB? Granted that Coyer has not proven much yet, but it's not because he hasn't played in a MACC yet.

Correct me if I'm wrong, but haven't all the QBs mentioned above (except Coyer and Tettleton) either won a MACC and/or played in the NFL? BTW, I don't think Tettleton belongs on that list yet either. Let's see what Coyer and Tettleton accomplish in the next two years.
02-07-2012 02:22 PM
Advertisement

axeme Offline
Sage

Some of those MAC QB's who are in the NFL never played in an MACC. They were top QB's when they were in college. Not really a fair criteria since no current MAC QB can be in the NFL. Seems like an artificial standard. There have been a lot of great players in the MAC who never played in a championship, and some never played in the NFL. It doesn't take away from their college careers.

Again, I'm not arguing that Coyer is a top MAC QB. He isn't. He may be someday, who knows?

I'm just arguing against a cut and dried formula. There have been some average and below average QB's in MACC games over the years. The MACC is a team accomplishment, not necessarily QB dependent.
02-07-2012 02:53 PM
huskiebob Offline
Heisman

Donators
(02-07-2012 02:53 PM)axeme Wrote:  Some of those MAC QB's who are in the NFL never played in an MACC. They were top QB's when they were in college. Not really a fair criteria since no current MAC QB can be in the NFL. Seems like an artificial standard. There have been a lot of great players in the MAC who never played in a championship, and some never played in the NFL. It doesn't take away from their college careers.

Again, I'm not arguing that Coyer is a top MAC QB. He isn't. He may be someday, who knows?

I'm just arguing against a cut and dried formula. There have been some average and below average QB's in MACC games over the years. The MACC is a team accomplishment, not necessarily QB dependent.

That's why I said to be considered a great MAC QB, a player should either have played in a MACC and/or played in the NFL. It's an arbitrary standard, granted, but a reasonable one. I don't think current QBs should be in the discussion. To me, it makes more sense to consider greatness of a player after his MAC career is over.
02-07-2012 03:51 PM
Photodan Offline
All American

I Root For: Toledo
DonatorsDonatorsDonators
Gradkowski is still in the NFL too.
02-07-2012 06:06 PM
Advertisement

JHG722 Offline
Hall of Famer

His throws are fine. 60% completion percentage, 0 INTs, 68 and 74 yard TD runs, a Bowl win and Bowl MOP, I'd say he's done pretty well so far. Paul should give the guy a break. He's done a great job considering he should've started all year, and everyone is very excited about what he can do. He deserved more credit from Paul.
02-07-2012 06:43 PM
CMUprof Offline
1st String

I Root For: CMU
(02-07-2012 06:43 PM)JHG722 Wrote:  

His throws are fine. 60% completion percentage, 0 INTs, 68 and 74 yard TD runs, a Bowl win and Bowl MOP, I'd say he's done pretty well so far. Paul should give the guy a break. He's done a great job considering he should've started all year, and everyone is very excited about what he can do. He deserved more credit from Paul.

This is what he wrote:

"Coyer played well over a small sample size, but he needs to prove himself over the span of an entire season."

Pretty fair in my mind. He threw 50 passes! Some MAC QBs threw more than that in 1 game, let alone 4!

Obviously Addazzio didn't see enough in him to have him start the season over Stewart (not good) and another QB that has since left your program (Gerardi?). No one said he sucked, just not enough starts to say yet.
02-07-2012 08:07 PM
JHG722 Offline
Hall of Famer

I think everyone, including Addazio himself, realizes it was a mistake. Chris had a minor injury issue, which cost him a few weeks before the season. I dont think what your wrote was unfair other than trashing his spirals. Just need to realize he's never going to throw much, or at least didn't need to with Pierce and Brown. Gerardi never fit our offense, so it makes sense for him to leave for a place that suits his style.
02-08-2012 01:01 AM

User(s) browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)

Copyright © 2002-2024 Collegiate Sports Nation Bulletin Board System (CSNbbs), All Rights Reserved.
CSNbbs is an independent fan site and is in no way affiliated to the NCAA or any of the schools and conferences it represents.
This site monetizes links. FTC Disclosure.
We allow third-party companies to serve ads and/or collect certain anonymous information when you visit our web site. These companies may use non-personally identifiable information (e.g., click stream information, browser type, time and date, subject of advertisements clicked or scrolled over) during your visits to this and other Web sites in order to provide advertisements about goods and services likely to be of greater interest to you. These companies typically use a cookie or third party web beacon to collect this information. To learn more about this behavioral advertising practice or to opt-out of this type of advertising, you can visit http://www.networkadvertising.org.